Love Lost (Drake & SZA)

Da AshleeeLove

Returning back to the one place that he so desperately tried to get away from. Top NBA star Aubrey Graham fin... Altro

Cast
Chapter 1
Chapter 3 (FlashBack)
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter From Ash!
Chapter 8
Chaptet 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39

Chapter 2

808 22 60
Da AshleeeLove

Solána

" What is he doing here?" I panicked. Ok, so I obviously know why he's here, but he's never attempted to come back for his mom any other time. I'm the one who checks on her every day at the nursing home. She gets a visitor every once in a while. The only family she has are her sons, and neither one comes to see her. Aubrey pays for everything, and she's able to get the best of help, but that isn't the same.

"Lána! Did you see who popped up?" Naomi, my best friend since we were in middle school, asked. She rushed over to me.

" Yea... I can't be near him. I need to take some time off. Not only that, but I'm sure he's going to be here for a little while." I checked my charts.

" Solána! You can't hide from him forever! You've moved on! So much time has gone by. You two just need to talk." She gives me a knowing look.

" I can't Nai. The last time I saw him, he was in bed with some bitch! Do you know how that made me feel!?"

" You broke up with him! You told him to pursue his dream and to forget about you. I know he expected a lot from you, by wanting you to drop everything and follow him. You should've at least tried." We walked into my office and I closed my door.

" That's no excuse to go off and fuck some stripper hoe the next day! He told me that he was done and that he never loved me!" I sat down.

" You know damn well that he was hurt and just trying to hurt you! That nigga loved you to death and everybody knew it!" She argues.

" Well, we weren't meant to be." I stared down at a picture that was on my desk. The love of my life. I smiled.

" Talk to him. It's been twelve damn years!"

" I'll pass," I mumbled while getting on my computer. I needed to get this time off.

" He looked good, too! Isn't he injured right now?"

" Yea, a torn ACL..."

" Damn, you follow his career like that?" I looked up from my computer and frowned.

" It was all over social media, how can I not know?"

" Mmmhmm. I'm certain! Anyway, did you see Chubbs?"

" No, I left out of there so quick all I saw was those eyes staring back at me!"

" Let me tell you! Fine as fuck! Why didn't I date him in high school?"

" Because you were stuck on you know who..." I glance at her.

" Oh..... Yea...... him.... Fuck that Nigga!"

" Mmmhmm, exactly!" I gave her a look.

" Bitch, don't look at me like that! Back to you and Aubrey..." I didn't respond, and thankfully she got paged and had to leave.

" You're lucky! This conversation isn't over!" She gets up and walks out.

" It is..."

By the end of my shift, I decided that I wouldn't take any time off. It was possible to avoid Aubrey. I know Ms Val is wondering what's going on. She doesn't remember that Aubrey and I dated when we were younger. She always says that she thinks Aubrey and I would look good together. I would always just laugh it off.

" Goodnight, Dr. Rowe!" I waved to a few other doctors on my way out. I walked down to see if I could say bye to Ms Val. Just as I peeked in, Aubrey and Chubbs were walking out. Causing me and Aubrey to bump right into each other. Almost falling to the floor, I felt an arm around my waist. I dropped my keys and phone.

" Are you ok?" That voice.

"Yes! Thanks!" Chubbs picked up my keys and phone.

" Here you go, SZA!" Chubbs smirked. I hadn't been called that in years.

" Thank you!" I realized that Aubrey still had his arm wrapped around me. I looked at him silently saying let go of me. He read my expression and let go.

" Sorry." He mumbled.

" It's good to see you, Solána! We all need to catch up." I gave Chubbs a small smile and glanced at Aubrey. He continued to stare and I felt it.

" Uh, we'll see. Let me go say bye to Ms. Val." I quickly walked around Aubrey and walked into her room.

Aubrey POV

" Nigga, you're looking real suspect right now!" Chubbs says.

" Come on, let's just go!" We walked toward the exit, where we ran into Naomi. She was going the opposite way that we were, but of course, this nigga wanted to walk her to her car.

" So, how long are you in town for?" She looked between the both of us.

"Probably a couple of days," I said.

I reached into my pocket for my pills. Chubbs wasn't paying attention to me. His attention was on Naomi. I took four pills this time, using the last bit of water I had in my cup.

" What are you taking?" I turned to my right to see Solána standing there. Naomi and Chubbs were leaning on her car in their own world.

"Just some Tylenol," I mumbled while trying to put the pills back in my pocket. Solána snatched the pill bottle before I could and looked at it.

" Vicodin?" I looked away.

" How many did you take?" She asked.

"Just one. The pain comes and goes." It felt so weird actually talking to her.

" Aubrey, you really need to be careful with these. What else are you taking?" I shook my head.

" Nothing."

" Ok, well, like I said, please be careful." She turned to walk away, but I stopped her.

" Solána... how have you been?" She walked over to her car which was parked in a designated spot with her name. I followed her, hoping that she'd talk to me.

" Why?"

" Why, what?" I looked around.

" Why did you come back?"

" For my mo......"

" Don't say for Ms. Val because you've never made any attempt to come back when she's been in the hospital before. She's been in here for worse, and you didn't show up! You don't even visit her in the nursing home. The place you put her in because you didn't want to deal with her dementia. I'm the only one! If it were up to me, she'd live with me, but since you're responsible for everything, I can't! I don't understand how you can do that, your mother! The woman who was there for you through everything! Everything Aubrey! Think back!" I refuse to hear this. I turned around to walk away.

" You don't fuckin know."

" Go ahead and run away! You've always been good at that! Just run away from all of your problems!" I walked over to Chubbs. He and Naomi were still talking.

" I'm ready!" He turned to me and looked past me to see Solána standing there upset. Naomi looks at her and nods to Chubbs.

" I'll call you." She says before sending a glare my way and walking off.

" What happened?" He asked. I turned and walked back into the building. He followed and once we got to my truck he looked at me again.

"So you aren't going to answer me?" Chubbs asked as we got in and pulled off

" Nah... Just get me back to the house. I'm in a lot of pain right now." I knew the four pills I took would kick in, in a few.

" You take anything yet?"

" Nah, I will when we get back." I lied. I patted my front pockets, not feeling my pills.

" Fuck!"

" What?"

" Solána has my pills! Fuck!" I yelled.

" I'll just call Naomi, and she can call Solána." I nod. He called her while he drove, but she didn't answer. I'm sure I'll get them back before the night is over.

" Damn, look at the court! I miss playing down here! Do you think you'll be ok to stop? Or do you want to go home?" I looked over and saw a few young kids playing.

" Yea, we can! I'll sit down and watch. I'm not going to play, of course." We pulled into the park. The kids who were playing stopped their game to look at the truck.

" Damn, why the hell are they out this late."

" Nigga, please! You used to be the same way! Ms. Val used to show up down here with her robe, slippers, and scarf on, fussing you out!" Chubbs laughed.

" She would always let me finish the game too," I mumbled, thinking back.

" Right! Then she'd yell and whip your ass on the way home." We both laughed while getting out.

" Oh shit, it's Drake!!" One of the older kids yelled. There were 5 kids out. They looked like they were about 13 to 15.

" Wassup!" I nodded to them as we walked into the court.

" Yooooo, this is crazy!!"

" Man, I was just watching your highlights from last season!"

" Drake, can you sign my ball!!"

" I hope you got a marker or something," I said.

" Aw maaaan, I don't!!"

" I'll tell you what, I'll come back down here tomorrow and sign whatever you have, but don't go telling the whole neighborhood that I'll be here." They nodded!

" Aight! Cool! I have all of your jerseys." One said. He looked like he was the youngest of the crew.

" What are your names?" I asked as Chubbs got the ball from one and took some shots.

" I'm Desmond, I'm 15. That's Bryce, he's 15. Over there with Chubbs is Malik. He's 12. Jaylen and Tyrek are 13 and 14." He pointed out.

" Damn well, I see the youngin got some skill." I nodded over, watching them make 3 after 3s.

" Yeaa! So, what are you doing around here in these parts? You still injured?"

" Here for family. Yea, I'll probably be out next season too."

" Damn, that shit sucks!" I nodded while keeping my eyes on the young one making crazy shots.

"Definitely." Chubbs and I stayed and talked to them for a little while longer until they had to leave. They all got into one of their grandmother's vans and drove off.

" Man, those boys are nice," Chubbs said while driving back to my mom's house.

" Hell, yea."

" I ordered some food. That shit should be there by the time we get there. Oh! And Naomi said that Solána is going to stop by later with your pills." I let out of frustrated sigh. I guess she wants to fuss.

" Eh... I'll let you get them." We pulled up to the house and got out. As soon as we got in, I sat down on the couch.

" Nigga, grow up and talk to the love of your life!"

" Nah, that's dead." I took out my phone and responded back to a few texts.

" You going to hit up Tyler while we're here?" I shook my head.

"I'm not sure. If he pops up, I'm sure his dad will be right there with him, and I'm not trying to deal with that shit!" Chubbs nods

" I get you." The doorbell rang and he got up. It was the food, but Solána held it as she walked past and into the kitchen. My eyes followed her. I couldn't take them off her. She walked back into the living from area.

" Here!" She says, reaching into her purse and handed me my pill bottle. I didn't respond to her right away, and her attitude is back.

" Ungrateful ass! I shouldn't have even brought them over for you! I should have just let you suffer! A torn, ACL? I know you're in a lot of pain!"

" Oh, so you follow my career? That's nice." I smirked.

" Not at all, nigga! Bye Chubbs!" She walked out of the house, slamming the door.

" Fuck!"

___________________________________

👋🏾👋🏾

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerΓ  anche

218K 4.6K 47
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...
377K 13.5K 58
𝐈𝐍 π–π‡πˆπ‚π‡ Ellie Sloan reunites with her older brother when her hospital merges with his jackson avery x ellie sloan (oc) season six ━ season se...
321K 9.6K 101
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...