Love Lost (Drake & SZA)

By AshleeeLove

Returning back to the one place that he so desperately tried to get away from. Top NBA star Aubrey Graham fin... More

Cast
Chapter 2
Chapter 3 (FlashBack)
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter From Ash!
Chapter 8
Chaptet 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43

Chapter 1

1.3K 31 35
By AshleeeLove

Aubrey POV

" Mr. Graham, we'll be landing in twenty minutes." Looking up from my phone. I sent a simple nod to Angela, one of my personal flight attendants.

" Thank you, Angela."

" Would you like anything before we land?" I looked at the empty glass, debating if I wanted her to get me another drink.

" Uh, water is fine." She nods and walks off to get my water. I reached into my pocket and pulled out a bottle of pills.

" You in pain?" I turned to my left as my best friend Chubbs walked over.

" Yea...." I lied. At the moment there wasn't any pain but I'm sure there would be once I started walking. I injured myself during one of my games. One of the most important games of my life and now I'm out for the rest of the season.

" Here you go." Angela hands the water to me. Chubbs was still standing next to me watching my every move.

" I'll wait until we're in the truck." Chubbs nods and sits back down. Lately, I've been taking more of these pills than I was supposed to. Chubbs noticed and has been on my back, since.

" I called the hospital, and they said that your mom is awake but she's not talking to anyone," Chubbs says.

" Is she better?" 

" Somewhat. She doesn't know anyone, the dementia is getting worse."

" Oh, maybe I should get her in a better facility." I grabbed my phone to make some calls.

" Nigga she needs you as well! It's getting worse! Why is this the first time you're seeing her in years?" I shook my head not wanting to get into it with Chubbs.

" Look! I call her! Plus I don't want to see her like that!"

" So you just abandon your mom and leave her in a nursing home? As much as she did for you when we were younger! Shit me too! She basically fuckin raised me!"

" Chubbs, I'm making sure she's getting the best help. That's all I can do! Half of the times that I've called, she doesn't even know who she's talking to. How do you think that makes me feel? I just don't understand why this started affecting her so early in age."

My mom always had my back on everything I wanted to do. I started playing basketball at a very young age and she made sure I succeeded. My mom worked three jobs to provide for me and my brother. She always made sure we had everything we needed. My dad was in the streets and was never in our lives. She didn't want us to end up like my dad. Well, my brother did but that's another story. Of course, my dad popped up when there were talks of me going to the NBA. In college, he tried to play daddy but I wasn't with it. He and my brother got closer, unfortunately.

" We've landed." One of my bodyguards helped me up and handed me my crutches. I was able to walk but with the crutches, there would be less pain.

" Woah, that's Aubrey Graham." I heard someone say as I was helped down the stairs. I looked over to see a couple of guys looking my way while loading our bags into a separate truck.

" Yo, Drake!!" I nodded to them while getting into the back of my truck.

" Are we going to your mom's or the hospital?" Chubbs asked.

" Uh, my moms. I want to get settled in and then go and see her.

" Bruh...." I ignored the look on Chubbs face and sat back and went through my phone.

The ride from the airport to my mom's house was a good thirty minutes. I thought about my mom's house. I bought it for her once getting into the NBA. My first big purchase. After she was put in the nursing home, I thought about selling the house. After giving it a lot of thought I decided to keep it. Maybe she'll be able to move back in one day.

Driving past all of the different spots that I spent hours of my time at. From the playgrounds to the basketball courts and a few other special places. I always say that I don't miss Miami at all but there's still a small part of me that does. Especially the special someone that I fucked up with.

" Man, being back here brings back so many memories." I sat on the couch while flipping through the channels. Chubbs sat down and handed me a picture. I looked at it and frowned.

" I wonder what she's up to these days." Chubbs hands me another picture. I haven't seen her face since the day I left. I always thought about her, even though I tried to forget her.

" Probably some big-time doctor in Africa somewhere. You know she was always about helping others." I continued to stare down at this picture of my past.

" Solána..."

" Your first and only love, my nigga!"

"Nah, we were too young." I put the picture aside but I kept glancing at it. I know she probably still hates me.

" I wonder if she still lives in Miami?"

" Nigga, I told you she's probably a big-time doctor by now. She always wanted to get out of Miami. I know damn well she isn't still here." My phone rang, I knew it was probably some female that I had no interest in.

" You going to answer?"

" Nah, let's head over to the hospital." I looked at the time and saw that it was after 6 pm. Chubbs nods and stands up. I slowly stood up while he grabbed the keys. I looked down at that picture again. Making sure Chubbs wasn't looking. I picked it up and put it in my wallet.

(Hospital)

" Hi, we're here to see Valerie Graham," Chubbs said while I stood behind him. I had my hat low on my head. I really didn't want to be recognized.

" Ok, let me see what room she's in." She glanced up and stopped typing.

"Chubbs?" Chubbs looks around and nods.

" Yea, what's up?" I looked at her and thought she looked familiar.

" It's me, Naomi!" Oh shit, I saw Chubbs smirk and lean over to hug her. She looks at me.

" Well if it isn't Mr. NBA MVP!" I gave her a small smile.

" How are you?" I asked.

" Oh please, Drake! Give me a damn hug!" Chubbs stood to the side as I leaned over to hug her.

" It's good to see you."

" It's good to see you two as well." She sat back down and typed.

"OK, Your mom is in 4534. She seems to be doing much better."

" Thanks, I appreciate it. Come on Chubbs." He hugged Naomi once more before we walked off.

" Damn, she's still bad." We both get on the elevator. Back in high school, Naomi and Solána were best friends. I wonder if she's still close to her.

" Of course, you'd say that." I shook my head and quickly took three pills while he pressed the floor we needed to go to.

" Man..... I'm not even going to get into that." We waited a few seconds before the elevator doors opened and headed off to my mom's room. On the way to her room, I glanced into one of the hospital rooms. I thought I saw another familiar face but I realized that wasn't her. Nah, she wouldn't be here.

" Hey, Ma!" We walked into my mom's room. She was watching an old episode of Law & Order. She looked up at us for a second before looking back at the TV.

" Mom?" I sat in the chair next to her. She turned to me and smiled. Reaching her arms out to hug me.

" Hi."

" How are you feeling, momma?" I grabbed her hand.

" Aubrey?"

" Yes, Momma." She placed her hand on the side of my face.

" You look just like your father..." I didn't respond. She looks at Chubbs.

" My other son," He smiles and leans down to hug her.

"I'm glad you're ok, Ma!"

" Oh, I'm fine. I'm just ready to go home. I'm tired of these places. We sat with her talking. I was surprised that she knew who we were. I knew that it could change quickly. Do I regret not coming to see my mom? Yes, but I just couldn't handle the fact that some days she wouldn't know who I was. I made sure she had the best of the best but I knew that wasn't enough. She needed me and here I was living life and doing what I love.

Everything was fine until I heard that voice. The voice that I tried to forget. The voice that was always in my dreams. The voice that I loved so much. I saw my mom smile and it was the smile that I missed.

" Ms. Val! We're going to have to discuss some things before you can go back to the nursing home. I really don't want you back there but that's not my decision to make."

" Oh, my Solána! I want you to meet my sons! Aubrey! Chubbs! This is Solána, my favorite doctor!" I looked up to see the shocked look on Solána's face. Before anything could be said she turned back to my mom.

" I'm sorry, Ms. Val..... I need to go." She says before rushing off. My mom turned to me disappointed. She obviously didn't remember Solána and my relationship, years ago.

" Aubrey! What did you do?"

___________________________________

We'll see how this goes...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26K 407 34
TEENAGE SITTER due to mattia's past behavior they assign him a babysitter ***i don't stan mattia but i enjoy writing ab him*** INSPIRED BY -KAIRISOL...
6.5K 293 18
April Phillips, a successful 32-year-old plus size woman. She has always felt overlooked and underestimated. Despite hearing backhanded compliments l...
63.9K 1.8K 51
Ally James. One of the equipment managers for the Philadelphia 76ers. She was a nobody. Or so she thought. Ben Simmons. 23 year old NBA star for the...
296K 14.5K 94
Riven Dixon, the youngest of the Dixon brothers, the half brother of Merle and Daryl dixon was a troubled young teen with lots of anger in his body...