Violent Silence • Rick Grimes...

By totsbreaux12

Scarlett Greene hadn't spoken since she was twelve. After her Daddy was arrested for abuse when she was seven... More

violent silence
-00-
-01-
-02-
-03-
-04-
-05-
-06-
-07-
-08-
-09-
-10-
-11-
-12-
-13-
-14-
-15-
-16-
-17-
-18-
-19-
-20-
-21-
-22-
-23-
-24-
-25-
-26-
-27-
-28-
-29-
-30-
-31-
-32-
-33-
-34-
-35-
-36-
-37-
-38-
-39-
-40-
-41-
-42-
-43-
-44-
-45-
-46-
-47-
-48-
-49-
-50-
-51-
-52-
-53-
-54-
-55-
-56-
-57-
-58-
-59-
-60-
-61-
-62-
-63-
-64-
-65-
-66-
-67-
-68-
-69-
-70-
-71-
-72-
-73-
-74-
-75-
-76-
-77-
-78-
-79-
-80-
-81-
-82-
-83-
-84-
-85-
-86-
-87-
-88-
-89-
-90-
-91-
-92-
-93-
-94-
-95-
-96-
-97-
-98-
-99.25-
-99.5-
-99.75-
-100-
thanks for everything
-- BONUS -- Terminus --

-99-

5.3K 180 25
By totsbreaux12

getting home

ALTHOUGH GLENN WANTED TO GO STRAIGHT HOME, SCARLETT KNEW THEY HAD TO GET ENID. She would not survive alone, and she could not watch Alexandria lose anyone else.

Scarlett was hobbling along, but she managed to track Enid into a diner. There were walkers all over, so they took the back entrance, hoping to talk some sense into the young girl. Glenn watched as Enid tried to leave as he sat Scarlett down in a booth. He walked over to her, placing his hand on mouth causing her to scream in fright.

"Shh!"

"The hell are you doing?" Enid called out angrily.

"Shh," Glenn said again as he locked the door so the walkers could not get in. "I'm taking you home."

"I don't know you," Enid grumbled out.

"Why did you give me water? The meds?"

"I had it, you needed it. She needed it. That doesn't make us friends. Why are you still here? She needs to get back and hope someone can help her," Enid told Glenn.

"We're not friends. I'm doing this for Scarlett. For Maggie," Glenn told her, walking over to Scarlett. He saw her eyes shutting. "Eyes open. Here." He handed her water as Scarlett's eyes fluttered open. She took the water with a nod.

"Your wife?"

"She wouldn't leave you behind. She wouldn't want me to leave you behind. Scarlett asked me not to. So we're going."

"I'm not friends with your wife either. Or her," Enid muttered.

"I'm not having this conversation," Glenn said quickly.

"We're not leaving you out here," Scarlett murmured groggily. "We gotta go now."

"No," Enid grumbled before taking out a gun. Scarlett sat up straighter as the gun was pointed directly at Glenn. Scarlett scoffed, just wanting to catch a break.

"Give me the gun, Enid."

"Turn around and walk away. Get her home," Enid threatened.

"You're not gonna pull the trigger," Glenn told her.

"I will if you make me," she said as Glenn stepped closer. He suddenly grabbed the gun with no problem. "Let go."

Enid did so as he checked the rounds. He placed it in his pants as he handed Scarlett her Python. He then realized what he was doing. She gave him a look. He sighed, keeping the Python.

"Asshole," Enid grumbled.

"You point a gun at me and I'm the asshole?" Glenn asked, helping Scarlett stand. "Let's go. Out the back down the alley. We're taking the road. We need visibility."

"Why?" Enid asked.

"Because half the herd broke off and they're headed towards home," Scarlett said. "I guess you missed that."

Glenn gave a tight smile at her sarcasm. He gestured to the door with his head. "Lead the way."

Scarlett hobbled along next to Glenn, and she could see herself passing out on the road any minute from now. Glenn could see her resolve failing, so he tried to talk to her. He tried to keep her spirits up.

"Hey, when we get back, Annie and Judith, they are gonna be so happy to see their Momma. You know? Carl's gonna be happy. Maggie's gonna be glad to see her sister. Rick. We just gotta get home," Glenn told her.

Enid noticed Scarlett's arm dripping a bit. She sighed, turning to Glenn. "Needs to be rewrapped. I have some more bandages. We can stop here for a second." Glenn was going to argue, but she shook her head. "It's a miracle she hasn't bled out or passed out yet. We need to stop. Just a few minutes."

Glenn looked around, noticing they were at the green station. There was a walker snarling on the ground. There was the helium tank in the grass. He decided it was okay for a moment.

Sitting Scarlett down, he told her to hold on a second. He found some more pills, telling her to take them. She hissed as he began to rewrap her bandage. The blood was not really flowing as much now, but she could feel herself growing more and more lightheaded.

Enid was going to kill the walker, and Glenn gave her a look.

"What? Think your wife wouldn't have wanted me to kill it?" she asked mockingly.

Glenn refocused on Scarlett as Enid took care of it. "I need my gun," Scarlett told him. "I'm right handed. I'll be fine."

"Scarlett, you can hardly stand."

"I'm makin' it home. I'm not dyin' out here, Glenn," she said with a nod of her head.

"Hey, we can use them to distract the walkers," Enid called, gesturing to the balloons that were tied to the post.

"There's a helium tank in those shrubs. More balloons, more string," Scarlett told her as she watched her go to them.

Scarlett stayed down to rest while they got the supplies together. "Who did you stay with back home?" Glenn asked Enid to break the awkward silence.

"It's not my home," Enid said quickly before shaking her head. "I lived in Olivia's place. But I was on my own. Orphaned by walkers."

"Me, too. Probably," Glenn said.

"Can't agree. I killed my Daddy." Glenn and Enid gave her a look. She looked away sheepishly. "Ha... sorry."

Glenn smirked a bit, tying another balloon.

"It's just what happens. Walkers killing everyone," Enid added.

"I get that you're scared."

"I'm not scared!" Enid yelled.

"Yeah, you are," Scarlett commented. "Hell, I am, too."

Glenn nodded. "You don't want to lose anything again, so you give up and you say, 'That's just what happens.'"

"I don't need a lecture."

"Yeah, I think you do," Glenn said as he followed her movements to stand up. She had balloons tied to her backpack. "You honor the dead by going on. Even when you're scared. You live because they don't get to. You think your parents wanted you waving around a gun because you're afraid?"

"We don't have to talk," Enid said, turning to look away from him. "We don't have to talk."

"Let's get goin'," Scarlett murmured, eyes looking down at her left arm. Her hand was missing, but it felt like it was still there. A ghost. She shut her eyes in pain as she moved it when Glenn helped her stand. "We're almost there."

Glenn watched after a while of walking with Scarlett, she began to push him off. He watched her take steady steps, keeping her steely gaze forward.

"You got it?"

"For now," she sniffed out, hand taking out her gun. She held it in front of her when a walker stepped out of the woods.

"You don't have to."

"I gotta make sure I still can," she told him.

Aiming the gun, she did not have her other hand to keep it steady. She just kept her hand from shaking, taking a deep breath. Enid watched her curiously as Scarlett moved her finger to the trigger.

They watched as the walker hit the ground.

"You missed the forehead. Got his nose, but it worked," Enid commented dryly. Scarlett nodded at her, hobbling forward.

"Okay. Let's release these," Glenn told her. Enid looked at him with furrowed brows. "I told Michonne I'd give her a sign we were alive. I need them to see it."

"Okay," Enid agreed. Scarlett watched Glenn untie the balloons from Enid's pack, releasing them into the air.

"Hopefully, they see it," Scarlett murmured before they started to walk again. Glenn had never been more proud or in awe of Scarlett than he was right now. She was resilient. He hoped they made it home. He wanted to tell everyone what a damn fighter that woman was.

"You're okay," Glenn told her.

"Got to be," she replied, continuing.

They walked for another half hour. The sun was setting now as they reached the wrecked houses outside of the walls. They had climbed into one of the houses in order to get a better view. Scarlett was panting, trying not to show her pain. She noticed the blood had began to seep through slowly. She thought the bleeding had stopped.

They were so close. She had to push herself a little bit more.

"Crap," Glenn grunted as they saw the watch tower had fallen into the wall. Walkers herded inside of Alexandria like cows. Scarlett felt more fear creep into her, but she tried to push it off. They could still be okay. "My God."

Scarlett noticed Enid about to leave. "Stop. I said stop!" she yelled.

"What's the point?" Enid asked her. "The world is trying to die. We're supposed to just let it."

"No. You're wrong," Scarlett whispered, holding onto the wall.

"We're not supposed to let the world die. And I sure as hell am not gonna let you die," Glenn added.

"I'm sure your wife will forgive you."

"It's not for her anymore," Glenn said.

"We care about you, Enid," Scarlett whispered. "Look, the walls are still up. The houses are still up. We'll find out the rest. Okay?"

Enid nodded hesitantly. Scarlett smiled softly before she felt pain shoot up her arm.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

52.2K 946 80
Rori Rhee has survived this long, been through so many death. Yet she still had Carl, her parents, and the rest of the group. Except, she's slowly lo...
87.4K 1.6K 54
pre-apocalypse melanie always felt small and alone in the big city she lived in. moving at a young age forcefully didn't make the situation any easie...
350K 5.8K 48
"You're my everything Angela." Rick said planting a kiss on my forehead. Angela is all alone when the world goes to hell. She finds a group with a sh...