student council || chubby rea...

By hoblivious

The adventures of Y/n and Jungkook, members of the art club, who learn to become friends in a high school rul... More

Student Council
01 | the art club
02 | loner wolf
03 | the caring big brother
04 | friends... not
05 | budget raise
06 | the treasurer
07 | card games are fun
08 | the fat girl
09 | what happened to professor kim?
10 | dear friend
11 | solange wants to join the art club!
12 | the secretary
13 | group chat (kwon's mistake)
14 | double (and half) date (and Jimin's first Otome game!)
15 | role model
17 | haneul
18 | date afternoon
19 | study group
20 | family dinner
16 | the brothers' mother
21 | summer break
22 | gift hunting
23 | high schoolers x ARTS contest
24 | the awkward walk home
25 the occult club
26 | posing for jungkook
27 | who the f*ck are you
28 | birthday party
29 | breakup or make up?
30 | official contestant
31 | the vice-president pt.1
32 | the vice-president pt.2 / the talk
33 | silent life (memories)
34 | him again?
35 | pair work
36 | pair work at home
37 | jungkook and y/n
38 | january's bad news
39 | to grow up
40 | bad day
41 | five things I like about myself
42 | festivities
43 | goodbye maya
45 | bangtan high's spring festival
46 | finally
47 | the president's house party pt.1
48 | the president's house party pt.2
49 | go away
50 | changes
epilogue

44 | preparing the haunted classroom

189 18 3
By hoblivious

Because Namjoon thought the council members had nothing better to do than help with the festival's preparations, Yoongi found himself stuck in a delicate situation. The day before the festival, he was asked to lend Jungkook's classmates a hand to finalize the haunted classroom.

"Is this your way of helping us?" Jieun questioned him as she stopped by the desk he was comfortably sitting on, sipping almond milk.

Of course, he nodded.

The girl snorted, trying her best not to insult him. A simple class representative had nothing on a council member after all.

"Do you mind actually helping? There's still a lot left to do."

Because he had no will to fight the noisy girl, the oldest student sighed in defeat as he jumped off the table.

Jieun wasn't lying ; there was so much more to be done. Most of her classmates were busy prepping costumes and decorations, putting the layout aside. In other words, Yoongi was stuck with the hefting and the lifting.

As he began, he cursed himself, noticing he had forgotten his headphones upstairs. Thus, the boy had no choice but to work while listening to the freshmen gossiping around. Though he'd never admit, he didn't really mind.

Some things were quite interesting.

"Would you look at that!" a high-pitched voice exclaimed, coming from behind

Immediately, Yoongi released the chair he  was about to move and turned around, facing the newcomer. It was Y/n.

"Never thought I'd say that, but I'm glad you came." he let out with his infamous blank face

Finally, he had someone to talk to.

The h/c-haired female smiled shyly, clearly not expecting that reaction.

"Jungkook is coming too."

Even better, he thought.

⍣ ❁ ⁂ ٭

J U N G K O O K

"So, what do you think?" Jieun asked as she flicked the lights off, allowing the haunted ambiance to show. "I like it."

Most of my classmates agreed, I as well. However, Yoongi, who turned out to be of great help, wasn't convinced.

"Something's missing." he simply said

Our class representative glanced at him, waiting for something more, but nothing came. Jaedong, the classmate in charge of costumes, nodded in approval. 

"I agree. It's hard to picture a haunted classroom without any living creature in it. The actors should put their costume and makeup on!"

Thus, said actors started to prepare. Although it might come of as a surprise to you, I actually volunteered as an actor. Scaring the hell out of my schoolmates in complete freedom? I'd love that! Not to mention, the costume and makeup teams were beyond talented, so it couldn't possibly be embarrassing.

"Blood looks good on you." The council's reporter appeared in front of me with a teasing smile. He raised his phone to have a better look at me, "Let me just..." then clicked to take a picture.

I was the first to be ready. Wasting no time, I entered the decorated classroom in search of the perfect spot. Yoongi offered to help, giving me directions to make sure I was well hidden.

"Alright, stay there." he said

I did as he told me and stayed still until all of the actors were placed. It took us an hour to make sure everything was perfect, meaning frightful enough.

"Congrats, everyone! We did it, we're ready for the big day!"

A round of applause followed Dongchil's words. After that, we changed back into our regular clothes. Everyone began to leave since it was getting late, and we had to arrive early the next day.

Since Yoongi had to meet with my brother tonight, he decided to come with me.

"So, about the music academy." I suddenly asked as we silently walked. "Are you ready to leave?"

I glanced at him and noticed a small smile creeping up his face. Music made him happy, anyone could tell.

"I'm almost done with the packing. As soon as school ends, I'll go."

I chuckled. "Impatient much?"

"Of course!" He exclaimed. I could swear I've never heard him being that expressive. "I can't wait."

"Yeah, Namjoon's pretty much the same. He won't stop blabbing about the academy." I sighed out, thinking of my brother's tiring excitement. "I'm happy for you, though. You deserve it both."

Yoongi nodded, appreciative.

"What about you?" he asked

I shrugged. "I'll keep studying."

"And the art club?"

"I won't leave the club. It's kind of my safe place at school."

"Not to mention Y/n's a part of it."

This time, I shot him a glare, confused by why he would bring her up.

"We're friends."

"Yeah, right. Until she starts dating another guy."

I rolled my eyes. Not like I was excpecting him to believe me, but still.

"She's free to date whoever she wants."

"Don't lie to me." Suddenly, the atmosphere shifted from a peaceful ambiance to a serious one. "There is something between the two of you, it's not only you." I could feel my cheeks grow warm, but thankfully, Yoongi was not sparing me a single glance.

"Y/n and I are close friends, really. I won't put our friendship at risk over some dumb crush."

"So you admit it."

I let out a heavy sigh. "But it means nothing, I'll get over it."

"Remember when you couldn't admit you were friends at first?" I bit my lips. "I can tell she likes you as much as you do, so go for it. You're like what, fourteen years old?"

"Sixteen, actually."

"Yeah, well, you're too young to be bothered with that kind of thought. Don't dwell on it. If you like Y/n, just tell her."

I shook my head no. "What if she rejects me? It would be so awkward!"

"I'm sure she won't, but if it happens—don't look at me like that—if she's not interested, at least you'll know where she stands. You'll be able to move on while keeping your friendship."

"You don't know that."

He laughed, shaking his head in amusement. "Have you heard Y/n? You're her most precious friend! The worst answer you could get from her is to remain as such."

Eventually, we made it to my house. Yoongi wanted to wait outside until Namjoon would join him. Thus, I bade him goodbye, making him promise to attend the haunted classroom with his friends. After that, I walked towards the entrance, rummaging through my bag in search of my keys.

"Hey, Jungkook!"

Yoongi called me from behind. I turned around so I could see him.

"Don't forget what I said, go for it." he winked at me "And what's a more romantic event than the school's festival for a teenage boy?"

『 ❁ ✾ ❃ ❋ 』

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

345K 22.2K 86
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
16.2K 538 11
you discovered a gacha machine at a weird looking shop. a gacha machine that has tiny bts members. Your daily life with this new tiny member of the f...
10.9K 565 22
What happens when the author gets into the story written by them? Y/n, a popular author in Wattpad with the name ' minsuck_.' travels back or should...
40K 1.5K 7
Y/n has finally got her dream job, working at a place where they have psychopaths and recently discovered 'half monsters?' That's when she's faced wi...