Serendipity

By AnaMusicalMystic

Taekook au where a wannabe single father Taehyung gets in a beef with the 'modern royals' because supposedly... More

Serendipity
Siblings
Family
Divulgence
Encounter
Impression
Good news(?)
Let's Pretend
Rumour has it
Glimpse of Serendipity
Partners
Cavalcade
Trepidation
Proximity
Fools in Love?
Shadows
Bitter-Sweet
Past and Future
Unknown
Union
Whispers
Random Serendipity Taekook
Amour
Visage

Epiphany

140 15 3
By AnaMusicalMystic

👑👑👑

Scan day at the royal palace:

Namjoon was discussing the details with the chief medical officer of the royals, while the make-shift clinic was now full of people.

The would-be parents were accompanied by their hyungs and the queen herself. Once everything was ready, the surrogate who was a 21 year old college student, was escorted by the royal guards. She gave everyone a nervous bow, and took place on the examination table ahead. She was fidgeting like anything. So Namjoon went ahead and gave her hand a little squeeze.

"Don't worry Eun-Ji, it's going to be okay. If you want I can close the curtains so that you won't feel nervous with all these eyes on you. I can show them the scan over the big screen outside. But the would-be parents will have to stay here, with you. That's the protocol. Is that okay?" He asked, giving her a genuine dimpled smile.

"Yes Dr Kim. Thank you! I am just a little nervous. My apologies to her majesty and all the other elders." She replied in a tone, only a little above a whisper. 

"Oh, nothing of that, my child. It's fine. I know how it must be for you. Dr Kim, you can close the curtains. I am okay watching my great-grandchild on the screen, anyway I am not sure how much I will be able to make out of what I see." The queen said, waving her hand gracefully, but making everyone else chuckle with the pouty face she made.

"Thank you, your majesty. It would really be helpful if she is calm and relaxed while we do the scan. If you permit, we can begin the procedure now."

"Well, of course. Go ahead.” The Queen permitted.

As soon as that happened the staff closed the curtains around the examination table leaving the ‘couple’ and surrogate enclosed from the curious eyes of others. Namjoon himself stayed out, asking ihis assistant to carry out the scan so that he himself can explain it to the queen on the big screen that was put out. And then it began. Everyone was waiting to make sense out of the black and white blotches they would see appearing on the screen.

Both the scientist and the prince were sure that they would not be much affected by the fact that they both were going to see the unborn being; they would soon be called as parents of. But when the images started unravelling on the screen both of these naive creatures started shifting nervously in their seats. Eyes glued to the screen, ears catching up with the explanation Namjoon was trying to give,  trying to put both of these things together. And mind? Well mind is a funny thing isn't it? It starts playing tricks with you when you are least expecting!

They weren't expecting an actual tiny human figure to appear among the blurry blacks and whites so early, or at least the Prince didn't. Both did not expect that to make the insides of their stomachs feel like a living tornado. All they could process was Namjoon saying, 'things look healthy and just as expected at this stage. But I think we need to be careful,  because there are few things that I would like to observe more closely.'

Taehyung had already forgotten about the 'n' number of 'advanced' queries he had planned to ask. And Jungkook? Well, Jungkook was still wrapping up his mind around the fact that he will be known as a father to Kim Taehyung's child. Wow! That's something, right?

👑👑👑

For both of these idiots, the next whole thing went into a blur and some time later they found themselves sitting side by side at the palace's celebratory dining hall. The Mins, along with Queen's close confidante Sir Park Minhyuk were making sure that all the guests were seated properly on to the table; while the Jazz and Namjoon were attending the surrogate, Eun-Ji.  Trying to make her comfortable among the intimidating presence of all the others. Soon the queen arrived and everyone stood up in her respect but she assured them that it was unnecessary. 

"My kids, let's not do this right now. It's just us, the family. Here I am just a grandmother, or should I say soon to be a great grandmother." She chuckled, joyfully. And turned herself to Eun-Ji, who was still nervous under her loving gaze. 

"Eun-Ji, my dear! I called for this celebration to thank you for granting all of us this joy and to welcome you to the family. I can't thank you enough for giving a warm adobe to my future great grandchild and for helping us carry my lovely Jo's glimpse back in our lives. I will make sure you will be showered with love and care throughout this journey. But I would love to know more about you, only if you don't mind, of course…"

"Of course your majesty! I am sorry I am a nervous wreck but it's my first time meeting a royalty. Apart from the prince of course… but I mean he is not that intimidating, so I wasn't scared… oh my god, I don't mean to say you are scary though. It's just because you are old… I don't mean you are old, but I meant older… maybe i should just stop talking altogether. I am so so so sorry, your highness." Eun-Ji said, almost on the verge of crying.

But it just made the queen and the prince laugh out loud. 

"It's okay Eun, Grandma said you are family now. And she is really cool as a grandma. So don't sweat about it. Right gran?" The prince tried easing the tense girl while the rest of the members present were just smiling in awe, except Tae; he was just clueless on how to react.

"Of course. And it's okay Eun. I hope you don't mind me calling you that." To which the girl just nodded.

"So tell me about yourself. Also I have read a file prepared on your background, by my advisor here. But I would rather hear it from you." The queen asked.

"Yes, your majesty. I will introduce myself. So I am 21 years old. I study in a college attached to the same institute as Dr Kim; he is my idol by the way. I come from the same orphanage as his, and he always inspires me whenever I see how long he has come from there..." Her tone flattered at the end as she thought she shouldn't have mentioned Taehyung's past. But the prince gave her an assuring nod, so she continued. 

"So as I said, I was raised in an orphanage. I lost both my parents when I was 5. My grandma took care of me till I was 7…"

The queen gave the prince a sad smile, because just like Eun, both he and his twin had lost their parents early and were raised by his grandmother. Acknowledging this the prince responded with a tender nod. And Eun being oblivious to this continued to explain. 

"But then I lost her too. When they couldn't find anyone to foster me, I was shifted into the facility. I had seen Dr Kim there, seen his sufferings, seen him reaching for the skies. I wanted to be like him. Though I am not even half as intelligent as he is, I try to work hard. Hoping that one day, I can achieve something at least an ounce of what he has achieved. So when I saw a flyer on our notice board about him wanting a female subject for research, I applied immediately. I didn't know it was for surrogacy at that time. But when I fit into all the criteria and he told me the reason, I agreed. The thing is I needed the financial support anyway. I want to apply for a doctorate program soon, but the fellowship amount will only cover my educational expenses. For survival, I will still have to work a job throughout it. It won't allow me to focus on my thesis completely. But this way, I'll be able to cover up all my expenses in this one year gap and can give my 100% to my studies once I enrol. But then again, I didn't know it was a royal baby. I mean not that it makes any difference, I mean it does. But … I guess I should stop talking again. Thank you for your patience, my queen." She ended abruptly, thinking she already talked so much.

The queen chuckled at this nervous kid. And replied, "That's really wonderful my dear. I am glad you are the one who is carrying our little miracle into this world. You are honest, hardworking and a kind hearted person. And you don't need to worry about anything now. You are my responsibility now. Sir Park, where is this lovely girl residing for now?"

"Your majesty, right now she is staying at the staff quarters assigned to Dr Kim, at the institute. We have our guards there in disguise. But for the future, I have arranged a condo for her on our palace estate, along with an in-house caretaker, a nurse and a special security-detail have also been appointed for her. If she decides, she can move in there today itself." The knight responded promptly, offering the girl a gentle smile.

"Oh that's very thoughtful of you Sir Park. But no offence to your planning, I have some ideas of my own, if you don't mind. I was thinking it would be great for her to shift into the palace chambers with us. I mean anyway Taehyung would soon be moving in, so it would be even better if she stays in too..." The queen was in the middle of speaking when the lovely fiances flinched with this NEW announcement coming their way. The queen gave them both a pointed look, asking them silently to maintain their bearing,  before she continued.

"This way, these young parents would get to spend some quality time with the baby, bond with it, and also attend the prenatal classes and training I had arranged for Eun-Ji. I don't want them to miss out on these small joyful moments. And I want all of them to be near me. So unlike we discussed earlier, these two would not be shifting to the southern palace, but all three and half of them would be staying under this roof so this old soul can gather as many memories as possible with the baby and them." The queen said with a smile which was sincere but then again there was a hint of mischief in it.

(A.n. Oh the queen just can't wait to play the 'Big Brother', once these three are staying under one roof.)

👑👑👑

"No, I decline. I can't stay this drama king under one roof. What if he rubs off his rudeness on me?"

"Oh yeah? Like I am dying to live with you. I can't stand to share my room with this average person. It's like an insult to my intellect. Uncle Mike, you promised we will get our own rooms once we decide to move-in, together. Looks like you thought we actually wanted to move-in together." The scientist whined.

"Who's Uncle Mike now? Are you hallucinating Kim? Talking to imaginary people?" The prince sassed. 

"Oh he calls me uncle Mike. Apparently, he won't call anyone Sir, unless they have a postdoc in some kind of science. And he kind of doesn't like calling me Mr Park or even Minhyuk. He says it reminds him of one of his evil teachers and one of his bullies. So uncle Mike it is. Anyway it sounds cute coming from him." The knight chuckled and the prince just rolled his eyes.

"Sir Park, you are just spoiling this brat even more." Jin couldn't hold himself from commenting. 

"It's okay Seokjin-ssi. He is just like Jungkook to me. So I don't mind entertaining his harmless demands. This little bratty prince over here has been even more challenging while growing up. So I am perfectly fine with handling your brother a little." Stated Minhyuk, while teasingly wiggling his brows at the prince.

"But only me and Jo were allowed to call you uncle, not this mad scientist." The prince pouted. 

"Stop whining like kicked puppies, both of you. And just agree to do as the queen suggested, and shut it before she arrives." It was Jimin, who lost the last bit of patience. Because as soon as the bickering duo was out of everyone's earshot, they started arguing about not wanting to live together and with the surrogate. So basically they wanted the same thing, but rather than teaming up and refusing it together, they ended up bickering.

As soon as Eun-Ji was made comfortable in one of the palace chambers, they all had arrived in princess Joana's personal chember which was situated at the secluded end of the eastern wing and nowadays was a favourite hiding spot of the prince. 

It had been almost an hour since the duo was going on. While the Queen was busy in giving gratitude and bidding farewell to the medical team, the rest of the family was subjected to listening to the whining match. And even after the warning given by Jimin, they were not shutting off.

"Yoongi, babe, please make them stop, or my head will explode." Jimin cried, and who was Yoongi not to comply?

"With pleasure my pumpkin. Sir Park, can you please cover your ears for a moment? Please?"

The knight just shrugged and not just covered his ears, but also closed his eyes. Yoongi, pleased with this response, smirked and took hurried but firm steps towards the 'couple'. Dragging both of them both by their ears he whisper-yelled.

"Cut it out, you punks! If I hear one more complaint, I am gonna make sure you both get married the next day and trust me on this, the way I'll write your marriage agreement, you will never be able to divorce each other in the next 10 lives. If anyone is suffering in this mess it's me, Hoseok and Namjoon. Since the day this drama started our partners either come home with a headache or a hypertension. And it's not even our own mess. It's been days I peacefully made out with my own husband, while everytime I open a news portal, I see both of you, 'fake' fiancés, eating each other's faces off. So while we 3 are suffering here, you both brats are dating the hell out of each other, marrying to a gorgeous partner, fathering a beautiful baby in the next 7 months. So the least you both can do is not crib about it! Am I clear?"

"Yes hyung!" They both said in unison, unwillingly so.

"You can open your eyes and ears now, appa!" Jazz chirped, while tapping her father's shoulder quickly.

"So it 's final now. We will be moving Tae's stuff in Kook's room and they are gonna live together like the sweet betrothed couple they are! Right kids?" She asked, menacingly.

And everyone except the new fiancés, were seemingly ready for it!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

140K 6.5K 19
or the one where jungkook is the school bad boy and jimin somehow becomes his fuck buddy, everything is fine until jungkooks step brother taehyung co...
93.2K 6.2K 107
"Tell me you feel nothing when you're with me. Tell me there's nothing there." ~ Taehyung, struggling college student trying to make ends meet, meets...
3K 490 33
After the tragic death of his father, Taehyung's only aim was to either gain the justice from this country or taint his hands in the blood of his fat...
102K 5.4K 40
Where the cold CEO Jeon Jeonggukk , also known as JJK in underground mafia, falls for a cute boy named Taehyung and seeks his twin Jungkook for advic...