Violent Silence • Rick Grimes...

By totsbreaux12

Scarlett Greene hadn't spoken since she was twelve. After her Daddy was arrested for abuse when she was seven... More

violent silence
-00-
-01-
-02-
-03-
-04-
-05-
-06-
-07-
-08-
-09-
-10-
-11-
-12-
-13-
-14-
-15-
-16-
-17-
-18-
-19-
-20-
-21-
-22-
-23-
-24-
-25-
-26-
-27-
-28-
-29-
-30-
-31-
-32-
-33-
-34-
-35-
-36-
-37-
-38-
-39-
-40-
-41-
-42-
-43-
-44-
-45-
-46-
-47-
-48-
-49-
-50-
-51-
-52-
-53-
-54-
-55-
-56-
-57-
-58-
-59-
-60-
-61-
-62-
-63-
-64-
-65-
-66-
-67-
-68-
-69-
-70-
-71-
-72-
-73-
-74-
-75-
-76-
-77-
-78-
-79-
-80-
-81-
-82-
-83-
-84-
-85-
-86-
-87-
-88-
-89-
-90-
-91-
-92-
-93-
-95-
-96-
-97-
-98-
-99-
-99.25-
-99.5-
-99.75-
-100-
thanks for everything
-- BONUS -- Terminus --

-94-

5.7K 163 16
By totsbreaux12

the inevitable shitstorm

SCARLETT HELD THE RIFLE TO HER CHEST AS THE WALKED THE ENTIRE DRY RUN. They were making sure everyone was on the same page today, so that tomorrow, it went as smoothly as possible. They made it to where they had planted the green flags, and Rick turned to let them know exactly what was happening.

"All right, this is the finish line. When we make it to green, we fall back. The ditches and ridges will keep them on the road. We head home, but Daryl, Sasha, and Abraham take them the rest of the way, 20 miles more," Rick explained as everyone nodded. "All right, let's go."

They kept walking, Rick pointing out things to the group here and there. She managed to make it over to Glenn who was playing with the wedding ring on his finger. She knew he was worried about Maggie and the baby, but there was no need to worry about that right now. They were safe at Alexandria.

She glanced at Glenn. "You okay?"

"Just nervous."

"Don't be. I'm on your team," she teased. "What could go wrong?"

Glenn gave her a look that said not to ask that question. The large group kept walking as Rick explained the plans about the tractor place they were passing. "We're gonna take 'em right past here. All that noise could distract them. We'll clear it on our way back tonight. We don't want any surprises tomorrow."

Nicholas walked over to Glenn, so Scarlett walked away. She knew she was going to be on his team, but she did not have to talk to him now. She did not like him, nor did she think she ever would after what happened to Noah. Glenn was a good man, and she believed people could change; however, it took time. Time right now could be over in a moment. She did not have time to worry about Nicholas right now.

They kept walking, and Scarlett managed to catch up to Rick. He grinned crookedly her way as she told him about what Annie had done that morning. He laughed when she added that Judith through a pea at Annie's head with nothing but laughter bubbling from the toddler. Judith and Annie got along great. It was actually Judith who got Annie to laugh for the first time.

When they made it back to the quarry area where the walkers were being held, Scarlett let out a low whistle. This was the first time she was seeing it, and it was terrifying. It reminded her that walkers were still a threat when they were as big as this herd. People sucked, but being eaten alive by these fuckers sucked more.

Rick got on a tall rock as he explained to them how things were going to go. "I know this sounds insane, but this is an insane world. We have to come for them before they come for us. It's that simple. This is where it all starts tomorrow. Tobin gets in the truck, opens the exit and we're off. He hops out, catches up with his team at red staying on the west side of the road. Daryl gets on his bike—"

There was a loud groaning behind them. It sounded like metal was breaking. She gulped as she turned around, holding her rifle closer to her chest. "Rick, you see that?"

Rick nodded as they watched the truck that was holding them all back from getting to their home suddenly collapse. The sound was deafening as it fell down and crushed some walkers. They watched as the large herd began to move.

"It's open! We got to do this now!" Rick screamed to the large group. "We're doing this now! Tobin's group, get moving, go!"

"No, Rick, we're not ready."

"Sasha! Abraham!" Scarlett yelled as she made sure she had everything in her pack. She grabbed the spare walkie from Morgan as he would stay with Rick. She kissed Rick firmly on the lips, as Abraham nodded behind them.

"Damn straight, we'll do it live."

Rick kissed Scarlett once more before he said, "You meet Daryl at red. Let him take them through the gauntlet."

"Yeah, we meet at red."

"Rick, I'll hit the tractor place," Scarlett told him. "Glenn, Heath, Nicholas, and I. We got this."

"Okay. Be careful," Rick said, wanting to argue and keep her in his sights. "I love you."

"Love you more. Always!" she yelled, taking off and grabbing Glenn's arm to go. They began to run, trying to get ahead of the herd as fast as they could.

Scarlett was in front of the group of four, and she was panting heavily as they kept going. "You all have your assignments. You know where to rendezvous. Daryl leads them out. Sasha and Abraham join him at the bottom of the hill. Scarlett, Glenn, you hit us when you take care of the walkers at the tractor place. That's the one thing we gotta get ahead of. Everybody keep your heads. Just keep up," Rick told them over the radio.

Scarlett nodded even though he could not see her. She was trying to think of every possible scenario that could go wrong, but it was making things worse. Glenn noticed her worried gaze, and he yelled, "Come on. I'm on your team! We'll be fine."

Scarlett let out a breathy laugh.

"We're at red at the bottom of the hill," Sasha told them over the radio.

Daryl answered back, "All right, here comes the parade."

Scarlett could see the tractor store up ahead. She picked up the pace as she heard Rick call out, "Glenn, you there yet?"

"Almost. We'll have it handled before they get here. And we'll meet you at yellow."

"Copy that."

They managed to get to the tractor place, and she could somehow hear the herd drawing closer. She blew out a breath, leaning over on her knees to catch her breath. Nicholas tossed her a bottle of water, and she nodded at him once. Hurrying to take her sip, she noticed Glenn checking the perimeter. Tossing the bottle to Heath who looked like he needed it, she waited for Glenn to give the okay.

"Scarlett, you have to hurry. The noise could distract the herd right off the road. Talk to me," Rick said in the walkie.

Scarlett pressed the button on the side of the walkie. "Yeah, yeah. We're here. We'll let you know when it's done."

"Copy that."

They got to the front doors, hearing the banging getting louder. "Damn it, Glenn. Sounds like at least a dozen. We got this?"

"We need it quiet," Nicholas muttered.

"Yes," Scarlett said in a duh tone.

"So what's the plan?" Heath asked them.

"Take 'em out a few at a time," she asked Glenn.

Glenn nodded, pointing at Nicholas. "Nicholas, you're at the door."

"All right."

"You let one or two out and then you close it. You keep doing that. That's the trick. That's how we control it. Heath—"

"Wait, what if he can't close it?" Heath asked.

"I'll be able to," Nicholas told them.

"Then we take them on," Scarlett murmured, getting her hunting knife ready.

"We take them on?" Heath asked incredulously.

"If we get into trouble, we go behind the building into the woods and we draw them away," Glenn told him, trying to ease his worries.

Nicholas nodded at Heath. "Hey, you've been out on runs since he got here. They know what they're doing. Me and Aiden, we didn't."

"This was supposed to be a dress rehearsal," Heath complained.

"I'm supposed to be delivering pizzas, man," Glenn groaned. "Daryl's leading them this way and they're closing in. That noise is gonna pull the herd right off the road and then we have serious trouble. We have to do this."

Heath nodded, preparing himself. Scarlett stared at the door, waiting for the inevitable shitstorm that was about to happen.

"On three. Ready?" They nodded. Nicholas got the door handle while Glenn got the crowbar in the crack. "One... two... three!"

"Shit!" Scarlett groaned as they stared at the metal wall keeping the walkers inside. They were banging more now as they tried to get to them.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.2K 139 31
When Rossary decided to move away from home and to Atlanta, Georgia, she never once thought the world would end. Along with her friend, Matthew, Ross...
50.8K 944 80
Rori Rhee has survived this long, been through so many death. Yet she still had Carl, her parents, and the rest of the group. Except, she's slowly lo...
24.7K 790 29
Nell has lost everyone she ever loved. She witnessed her little brother getting tore to shreds right in front of her eyes. And to make things worse...
43.8K 1.1K 97
𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐢𝐬 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐟 𝐚𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫. When a deadly virus spreads rapidly all over the...