Marine Love (boyxboy)

By AliceElizabeth321

"Careful human." The...thing said in a concerned voice. "W-What are you, what d-do you want?" I shakily asked... More

A/N
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Epilogue
Character name meanings

Chapter 5

54K 2.2K 1K
By AliceElizabeth321

Bennett and I hung back slightly giving the brothers some space like Caspian instructed us to do so. We are yet to see Caspian's brother as he was behind the trees at the end of the garden. 

"What do you think he'll be like?" Bennett whispered with excitement.

"Not sure, I really want to see him!" I whispered back.

"Are they going to be living with us?"

"Don't they need to ocean with the salt water to survive?" I reasoned.

"They could go back like everyday, or they could get in the bath." Bennett shrugged.

"Jonah come please!" Caspian called to me from behind the tree.

"Looks like your needed," Bennett chuckled "I'll go get the first aid kit; Caspian had cuts across his chest and maybe the brothers hurt as well." He added then turned and walked to the back door. 

I walked down the garden path and met Caspian half way.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"My brother he was hurt badly in the fight, he needs help." He looked at me with pleading eyes, genuinely worried for his brother.

"Fight?!" 

"I'll explain later but my brother needs help more." He stressed.

"Of course, if you can carry him to the house I'll get everything ready." I said quickly.

"Thank you mate." He smiled before kissing me softly.

Once I was inside I found Bennett with blankets, water, first aid stuff and two pairs of shorts – very thoughtful!

"Oh! I was just coming out to see you guys, have you seen him?" Bennett asked excitedly.

"No not yet but Caspian's bringing him in here now so lets get the sofa ready to lie him down, apparently he's hurt." I said worriedly.

Just then, through the door walked Caspian with another gorgeous male in his arms. He set him down on the floor with his arm around his waist for support. He stood about 6ft6 with the same dark black hair as Caspian's however, his was shorter and he sported the messy bed head look. My eyes scanned is chest and torso but not allowing my eyes to drop any lower, I noticed several open wounds and a chiselled 8 pack – are all mermen gods?

"Jonah, Bennett, this is my brother Leomaris." Caspian introduced.

His deep violet eyes rose to meet mine first before snapping over to Bennett.

"Mate." His tired voiced whispered out, but loud enough for us all to hear.

I turned to look at Bennett who was staring slightly open mouthed at Leomaris with wide eyes. Everyone was silent processing what he had just said. 

"Uhh nice to meet you, I'm Jonah." I said breaking the silence and trying to prompt Bennett to say something.

Leomaris went to take a step forward however he fell forwards only being caught by Caspian. 

"He is your mate brother?" Caspian asked slightly shocked. I looked towards Bennett and noticed how awkward and worried he looked so I broke the silence that had fallen over us.

"Caspian lie Leomaris down here," I said pointing to the grey sofa with brightly coloured patterned cushions. "Bennett start treating him, he's hurt." I told him clearly. 

Bennett hasn't uttered a word yet and I'm slightly worried at how he will react to being mated with a merman. He hasn't dated or shown any interest in relationships since Eric, so I really don't know how he's going to react to this.

"Caspian let me help you." I called over to him softly. He turned towards me and his eyes lit up before walking over.

I cleaned his wounds before apply dressing to the lager one below is shoulder.

"Mers heal faster than humans so I will be fine." He stated before lifting me into his arms and placing me on the work surface.

"Thank you Jonah, I am truly lucky to have you as my mate." He said whilst nuzzling my neck. My heart warmed at his words and I'm already some what attached to him. I wrapped my arms around his neck and cuddled closer to my mate.

"Can you tell me what happened now?" I asked. 

Curiosity has gotten the better of me now as I was still in the dark about the box, his brother and the 'fight' they were involved in.

"Yes Jonah, should Bennett hear too?" 

"I think so; let's go sit down so you can talk." 

Caspian carried me over to the sofa opposite of the one Bennett and Leomaris were on. Bennett had near enough finished and was packing all the stuff he had used away. 

"Bennett, Caspian's going to tell us what happened." I informed him.

He went to sit at the end of the sofa; however he was grabbed by Leomaris who pulled him down into his arms. Bennett looked rather shocked and tried to sit up to get away but again, merman strength overpowers humans.

"Uh, Leomaris could you please let Bennett sit up, he's not going anywhere." I said as he narrowed his eyes at me probably for telling him to do something.

"He is my mate I want him close to me." He growled. Looks like he's going to be slightly more difficult than Caspian.

"Yes but you need to give Bennett time to get used to you." I retorted. 

"It's okay Leo, let him sit up." Caspian told his brother. 

Leomaris grumbled but other than that he let go and Bennett shuffled to the end of the sofa. I turned my attention back to Caspian wanting to hear what has been going on.

"What's this box and crystal I found then, and why did it feel weird when I touched it?" I asked, nodding encouraging him.

"I don't want you thinking differently about me after this." Caspian said, his blue eyes glowing slightly brighter gold.

"No I promise, I think Bennett and I are owed an explanation." I replied. We were both mates and I wasn't going anywhere soon, we're in this together and I'll support him with everything.

"Okay, I am Prince Caspian of the Atlantic ocean. The box with the crystal you found is one of five. Each kingdom of a different ocean has their own and they all have one unique power. When an heir to the throne meets their mate, they are supposed to wear the crystal in an initiation ceremony where the title of the King or Queen is passed to the heir; this is only when they have found their mate though. When you touched it Jonah it sent a signal to each kingdom so they know I have found my mate and should be running the kingdom. However there is a pod of mers called the Zambezi warriors who are like outsides, they don't belong to a Kingdom so have formed their own group. We didn't think we would have to worry about them as they were small in numbers at first, however in recent years they have grown and have started attacking pods of mers. The most reasonable explanation for their behaviour is that they want the crystals to gain power and control us. The reason Leo and I had to come here is because the Zambezis attacked the pod we were staying with we tried to help and fight however our farther told us to escape with the crystal. Leomaris was badly injured so we took shelter in a cove near to the beach, I healed him best I could then we waited for information. They must have had trackers out looking for us as we have caught scent of a few close to our cove and the beach. They got nearer and nearer everyday until a few caught us by surprise and we fought. I placed the crystal on the rock for you to find and keep safe, as for now none of them will come in land because of how different they look to humans." 

To say I was shocked at what we had just heard is an understatement. Right now there are other mers out looking for Caspian and Leomaris to harm them. Plus these Kingdoms know about me, all in all, a lot of information to process. 

"You said they won't come on land because they look different, how come they're different to you?" Bennett asked. Good question to ask actually as might be a good idea to know what they look like on land.

"They keep their gills and they do not have human teeth, instead they have two sets of sharp ones." Caspian told us.

"Do you think they will ever come on land?" I asked.

"They might if they become desperate enough. However they don't know how to interact with humans as believe they're poison, so hopefully not." 

"Since Caspian and I have found our mates they will be out for you two as well." Leomaris stated his face clear of any emotion. "The mates of the two princes would be a good trophy to bring to their leaders don't you think?"

"What do we do if they find us?" Bennett asked worriedly looking between the brothers for an answer.

"I won't let them." Leo said before attempting to sit up and reaching for Bennett.

I watched to see if Bennett would refuse or push him away. However he stayed put and let Leomaris wrap his arms around his waist and cuddle him into his side.

"What does this mating thing actually mean?" I asked Caspian, wanting to fully understand the term 'mate'. 

I already felt a huge amount of love for him and it was scary. Never in my few past relationships have I ever felt something so strong and meaningful, and I'm surprised that it's so early on. I love the feeling when we touch and the tingles that spread through my body making him the soul focus of my attention. I never thought I would be lucky enough to get to experience the type of feelings I have for Caspian. I want to spend the rest of my life with him, have him by my side everyday even if the ocean separates us, I'll always be there for him.

Caspian looked down at me, his pale blue eyes shining as he lifted me up slightly and placed me on his lap. I rested my head on his shoulder loving the feel of his lips trailing along my collarbone. I traced the outline of his muscles with my fingertips until Bennett cleared his throat trying to get our attention. I looked up to see Leomaris placing small kisses along Bennett neck with his arms around his waist. I tried not to laugh at Bennett's expression; he looked like a rabbit caught in the headlights. 

"So, err... Caspian, um what's this mating thing then?" Bennett asked awkwardly.

"All mers have a mate that is destined to be with them, our other half. Our goddess Aphrodite pairs us up so we are perfect for each other. Usually a mer will have another mer as a mate however we can have humans as well but it is more difficult obviously because they could not accept us or expose us to the rest of the world. We do have agreements with some leaders in your land to prevent things like that happening though. We mark our mates here," He explained running his finger along where my neck met my shoulder. "Then other mers know who you belong too."

---

Later that evening Bennett and I stood in the kitchen preparing dinner. Earlier, Bennett had gone out to get fresh fish for the two mermen as they probably wouldn't like pasta that we would usually have to be quick. Bennett was the more skilled chef as he cooked the fish and I cooked the new potatoes and veg. 

"Do you think they'll want cutlery?" I asked Bennett.

"We can always show them how to use it, bring spoons for them too." 

I set the table for us and placed Caspian next to me then Bennett and Leomaris next to each other. 

Both the brothers came wandering in sniffing the air and wearing the shorts provided by Bennett; not that they minded being naked. 

"Boys, you can sit down now, food is ready." 

Their eyes lit up and sat down straight away. They ate the fish raw but we gave them bits of cooked fish to try but they preferred what they were used to. Dinner was a success!

---

"And this is my room."  We held hands as we walked through the door and I closed it behind us.

The walls were painted a sky blue colour with dark wooden furniture. My queen sized bed was pushed up against the wall with a small bedside table and a lamp next to it. Opposite the bed is a wardrobe and draws, underneath the window is a grey and blue patchwork reading chair next to a pile of books. I love my room; it's very relaxing especially when the windows are open and the scent of the ocean drifts in.

"It is different from how mers live." Caspian said as he went to sit down on the bed.

"I expect so. I'm just going to get in the shower, I won't be long and you can have a bath if you like I'll show you how to run it in a bit." I said walking into the en-suite. 

I thought he may like having a bath better so he could change into his Mer form and feel more comfortable.

"Okay." Caspian relied before flopping against the cool sheets.

I think I'm already attached to him. 

I stepped into the warm water as it ran over my face and down my back. The soothing water washed the stress of the day away as I lathered up my hair in shampoo. 

"Jonah?" I jumped at my name being called as I turned my head to the doorway Caspian was stood in. 

"Uhh, yeah?" I answer rather awkwardly.

Caspian eyes travelled up and down my body before he stalked over to the shower, pulled off his shorts and stepped in with me.

"Why do you have rain in here mate?"

I chuckled at what he said but I suppose a shower does look like rain if you've never seen one before.

"It's called a shower, you get clean here." I told him rinsing off the shower gel. 

He hummed but other than that didn't say anything. Caspian steeped closer behind me and I felt two large hands on my hips. My breathing picked up and Caspian closed the gap between us, trapping me against his chest. 

"Caspian, what are you doing?" I whispered.

"Mate my love." He breathed out against my neck.

Caspian started placing butterfly kisses along my neck and down my shoulder as I melted against him. His hands ran up and down my sides before he crossed his arms over my stomach and sucked on my neck harder. 

"Mate." He murmured his voice deeper and huskier now. 

Butterflies filled my stomach as desire took over my mind, his teeth scraped over the soft skin where my neck and shoulder met, and don't think I didn't notice something poking the back of my thigh!

"Jonah!" I jumped at Bennett's voice from the other side of the door. 

"Err, yeah?" I called back.

"Can I have your soft blanket pleaseee?" 

"Yes." I sighed. Trust Bennett to ruin the moment! 

I turned around to peek through my eyelashes at Caspian only to see his gold eyes paling back slightly blue again. 

"Shall we get out?" 

"Yes, I like this rain though."

We both stepped out and I handed a towel to Caspian then dried myself.  Caspian ran the towel through his hair a few times then dropped it to the floor and walked out. 

I completed my usual night routine before wrapping a towel around my waist then walked into I guess 'our' bedroom. Caspian was lying on top of the covers completed naked as we turned his head and caught eyes with me. Unsure of what else to do, I blushed then dropped my gaze and turned to get out a pair of boxers. 

"Jonah, do we sleep here?" Caspian asked as he lay sprawled out taking up most of the space on the bed.

"Yeah but you lay underneath these." I said whilst wiggling underneath the duvet.

Caspian lifted up the covers and pulled me closer to him so he was spooning me. This felt soo good – and warm. 

"Thank you mate." He whispered.

"What for?" 

"Helping my brother and I," he paused taking the time to lick my neck. "I am glad he is mated to Bennett."

"Me too," I yawed sleepily. "I wonder how they're getting on now." 

"Leo will take care of him." He said reassuringly. He also sounded happy when he came to get the blanket so I suppose he's fine. 

"Good night Jojo." Caspian whispered. 

"Night, Casp." I whispered back. 

I felt him snuggled closer and press a soft kiss into my hair before I closed my eyes and drifted off.

———————-

Thank you so much to everyone who has read, voted and commented!

-Alice

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

151K 8.3K 26
Edited In a vast and mysterious land where no human can reach and only aquatic being had put eyes upon. Under all the darkness and the mysteries of t...
684K 37.5K 70
"Very good, Wesley," he breathed, the warm air fanning across the merchant captain's face. "Now I suggest you listen closely because I don't do this...
4.4M 188K 42
(Some grammatical mistakes) Aquarius is a merman. He lives in the ocean, helps his tribe out, and enjoys life as much as he can. Being in his tribe...
53.8K 2.8K 20
" He always told me if I ever came into the hand of pirates I'd be beaten to a bloody pulp, locked up and raped before being sold to the highest bidd...