Lilium

Galing kay OrpheusAngelos

After fleeing for her life, Evangeline Bain found herself lost. Worried about freezing to death in the cold o... Higit pa

I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX

XIV

30 3 0
Galing kay OrpheusAngelos

My image, please do not steal!!

Evangeline smiled in gratitude when Shiva handed her a cup of warm, steaming tea. She breathed in it's sweet scent as Shiva and Vesper took their seats. Shiva was sat in his usual chair in the lounge while Vesper sat on the arm of the sofa Evangeline was on.

The woman took a slow sip from the glass as Shiva began speaking. "I know you have a lot of questions, and I promise you, we will answer as many as we can. So, start anywhere." He smiled softly.

The girl carefully held her teacup in her lap. She looked between the two brothers in surprise. "Anything?" She inquired. Vesper nudged her, urging her to continue. She could tell his patience was thinning. "The witch. Who was she?" She asked immediately.

Shiva pursed his lips. "An old friend, so to speak. Her family has been acquainted with ours for generations. However, in the recent years, they've distanced themselves from vampires. Fortunately, Vesper and I were able to convince a witch named Irena to help us," he stated, nodding towards his brother.

Evangeline slowly tilted her head. "She... before all the chaos, there were two others with her. I could- I could feel the love she felt for them," she paused, staring down at the brown liquid in her cup. "But then... something bad happened. Her heartbreak, I could feel it in the air as everything was on fire. It was windy, and there was destruction all over. She was crying, just standing in the center of it all," she muttered out. Something about that vision scared her. It also hurt her heart. The pain in Irena, she'd only ever felt something like that after losing her family.

Shiva stole a glance at Vesper before gazing back at the blue eyed girl. "Those would be her lovers, Isa and Venn." He looked back at Vesper. "Something must be coming. You feel it, I know you do. We must warn them," he said as he stood up.

Vesper clenched his teeth. He hated how Shiva could read his thoughts whenever he pleased. He stood up and took a step forward. "No. We don't have to do anything. You can do what you want." He growled, making his way out of the room.

Shiva huffed and shook his head. He glanced back at Evangeline. "Go after him. He will answer any questions you have, printesa. I'll be back later." He smiled reassuringly.

Evangeline quickly set her tea on the table and took off after Vesper. Leaving the lounge room, she saw the male on his way up the stairs. "Vesper!" She exclaimed, running after him. He ignored her, turning the corner down the hall. She grumbled before heading up the stairs and chasing after him.

Once on the second floor she turned down the hall. She was just in time to see him enter his room and harshly close the door. She rolled her eyes and walked up to his door. She knocked twice and waited for a response. "Vesper, come on. Why are you so grumpy?" She asked after not hearing anything. She sighed softly. "I'm coming in," she announced before grabbing the handle and opening the door.

She smiled gently upon seeing him leaning against the balcony railing. The glass doors were fixed and opened widely. She closed the door behind her and walked to the balcony doors. She slowly stepped over to him and stood behind him. "What's the matter?" She inquired quietly.

Vesper remained motionless. "Ask something else," he finally stated. His voice was dark and low. That, along with the cold air, made her shiver.

She hummed in defeat. "Okay," she said, standing next to him and clasping her hands together. "How do you know Altair?" She questioned curiously after a second of thinking.

She heard his breath hitch. She watched him as he stared out at his garden below. "About ninety years ago, I guess you could say that we were friends." He slowly started out. Evangeline was a little surprised he was actually going to tell her. She listened intently. "We would do pretty much everything together. It's weird, really, in a way, he was more of a brother to me than Shiva was at the time," he informed her.

Her eyebrows raised in surprise. "What changed that? Why aren't you close anymore?" She continued. It puzzled her. By the way he talked, Altair made it seem like he wasn't very found of the vampire.

Vesper sighed. "My father brought a woman to come stay with us. He told us that he had saved her from a vampire attack. She stayed with us for a year and... during that time, the three of us grew close to her." He took a deep breath. Evangeline could tell this was hard for him, as if he'd never told anyone else. "We knew she was a seer, but we didn't know the true value of one. M— Sebastian found out and started sending his servants out to capture her. After many futile attempts, he threatened her family's lives and she-she convinced us to let her go with him. She made him promise to leave Shiva and I alone, and that was the last we ever heard about her." He swallowed.

Evangeline frowned and her eyes glossed over. She wrapped her arms around Vesper's and leaned into him. "I'm so sorry." Was all she could say. She couldn't imagine how painful that must've been for them.

Vesper only glanced at her before looking back at the ground below. "When Altair found out, he wouldn't listen to anything Shiva and I had to say. He thought that we just sacrificed her for our own benefits and he blamed us." He growled, clenching his fists. "He wanted us dead, but after months of quarreling, we reached an agreement and left each other alone. Until now, at least." He exhaled.

Evangeline tightened her grip on him and pressed the side of her face against him. Vesper finally turned to her and grabbed her arm. His eyes narrowed as he stared at her. "Why do you look so upset, hm? You don't understand," he said quietly.

Evangeline bit her lip. "But I do understand! I understand more than anyone how it feels to lose someone you love," she quickly retorted. She felt her heart ache at the thought.

Thoughts raced through Vesper's mind, but at the same time, his mind drew a blank. He could hear every time her heart would beat in her chest and the blood pulsing through her veins. He forced himself to focus. "I never said I was in love with her," he stated.

Evangeline sniffled and smiled softly. "I can see it. You loved her a lot, I can tell," she responded in a gentle manner. "It's okay. It's okay to love someone," she reassured. Much to her surprise, he tightly wrapped his arms around her. A gasp of shock escaped her. "V-Vesper?" She sputtered out. She would have never imagined him being the kind of person to hug someone out of nowhere.

Her eyes widened when she felt cold lips against her neck. His mouth opened and his fangs grazed against her skin. She quickly began to struggle against him, squirming around and pushing her hands on his chest. Her attempts were futile and a second later her skin was broken by his sharp teeth.

She suppressed a scream of pain and a flash of dizziness overwhelmed her. She grabbed onto his shirt, lightly pushing him back. He clung to the back of her dress and her hair. The taste of her blood was the sweetest he'd ever had. It was like candy in a sea of bitterness. He inhaled her scent, his senses driving him insane.

Evangeline groaned at the painful feeling coursing through her. She no longer held the strength to keep her eyes open and she leaned against the male. "Vesper," she whispered.

Said man quickly drew back and took in a deep breath. He stared at the woman laying against his chest in his arms. Her blood not only ran from the bite on her neck, but from his lips as well.

He closed his eyes before effortlessly picking her up in his arms and walking into his room. Moving the canopy away, he gently laid her on his bed. He gazed down at her with an emotionless expression, but on the inside, he felt guilty for giving into his desires. He figured she would hate him now.

He huffed and started to walk away. However, his hand was caught in a warm one. He turned back around and stared down at the girl before her. She offered him a tiny tired smile. "Please stay with me," she said in a quiet tone.

He glanced down at their hands before looking back at her. He frowned and finally reluctantly laid down beside her. When she cuddled up against him and placed her head on his chest, he stiffened. It made her giggle sleepily.

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

679K 35K 30
๐“๐ก๐ž ๐”๐ง๐ž๐ฑ๐ฉ๐ž๐œ๐ญ๐ž๐ ๐ฌ๐ž๐ซ๐ข๐ž๐ฌ ~ ๐๐จ๐จ๐ค ๐Ÿ Sara Zafar, once a vibrant, effervescent spirit, embarks on a new chapter of her life in New Y...
688K 36.4K 21
๐’๐ก๐ข๐ฏ๐š๐ง๐ฒ๐š ๐‘๐š๐ฃ๐ฉ๐ฎ๐ญ ๐ฑ ๐‘๐ฎ๐๐ซ๐š๐ค๐ฌ๐ก ๐‘๐š๐ฃ๐ฉ๐ฎ๐ญ ๐€๐ง๐ข๐ค๐š ๐‘๐š๐ข ๐ฑ ๐Š๐š๐›๐ข๐ซ ๐‘๐š๐ฃ๐ฉ๐ฎ๐ญ ...
241K 14.6K 16
"แ€˜แ€ฑแ€ธแ€แ€ผแ€ถแ€€แ€œแ€ฌแ€•แ€ผแ€ฑแ€ฌแ€แ€šแ€บ แ€„แ€œแ€ปแ€พแ€„แ€บแ€œแ€พแ€ฏแ€•แ€บแ€žแ€ฝแ€ฌแ€ธแ€œแ€ญแ€ฏแ€ทแ€แ€ฒแ€ท.... แ€™แ€Ÿแ€ฏแ€แ€บแ€›แ€•แ€ซแ€˜แ€ฐแ€ธแ€—แ€ปแ€ฌ...... แ€€แ€ปแ€ฝแ€”แ€บแ€แ€ฑแ€ฌแ€บ แ€”แ€พแ€œแ€ฏแ€ถแ€ธแ€žแ€ฌแ€ธแ€€ แ€žแ€ฐแ€ทแ€”แ€ฌแ€™แ€Šแ€บแ€œแ€ฑแ€ธแ€€แ€ผแ€ฝแ€ฑแ€€แ€ปแ€แ€ฌแ€•แ€ซ.... แ€€แ€ปแ€ฝแ€”แ€บแ€แ€ฑแ€ฌแ€บแ€›แ€„แ€บแ€แ€ฏแ€”แ€บแ€žแ€ถแ€แ€ฝแ€ฑแ€€...
252K 24.6K 61
Ryan and Aaruhi The story of two innocent hearts and their pious love. The story of one sided love. The story of heartbreak. The story of longing a...