Overcoming The Past

By UnknownWriterFan

[Completed] *Spoilers Ahead for Trash of the Count's Family* *Fanfic* More

1
2
3
4
5
6
Thank you!
8
Alberu๐Ÿฟ
9
10
The Aftermath

7

2.5K 169 9
By UnknownWriterFan

Not Proofread

-bang-

The door opened widely and Rok Soo turns towards Choi Han and the others who were standing in shock inside the mirror room. He notice the black void of the mirror and the hands that were coming out. He was afraid. He wasn’t sure if he can trust them. They might turn their back on him just like his uncle did.

“If you wanted to get rid of me. . .”

The hands were slowly approaching Rok Soo while laughing loudly in his ears.

“That’s not-”

The hand was about a foot away from Rok Soo, and just then he clenched his eyes shut and yelled at everyone:

“You should’ve said so!!”

He turned around and began to run as fast as he can, the hand was way too close to him. He felt like he was suffocating when it came near him. Without even looking back, he continued to run to the end of the hallway, seeing the only room there, he dashes and looks for a place to hide. 

‘I can’t trust anyone.’

He spots the closet and quickly hides in there.

-creek-

“. . .Rok Soo?”

It was the cookie prince.

“Rok Soo, this was a misunderstanding. . . It’s just that-”

As Alberu continues to speak, Rok Soo was no longer able to hear him. Instead, he heard the sinister laughter of his uncle. He felt the sudden temperature drop and a hand holding onto his shoulder tightly.

‘No one loves you. They all want to get rid of you.’

He slowly turns his head and sees a dark figure staring back at him smiling.

“!?”

He was about to yell when the hand covered his mouth and the other hand grabbed him by the neck. As many more hands came through the wall, Rok Soo became terrified and was unable to breathe properly.

Yes. . .feed me your despair!’

Another hand went through his shirt and he felt it go through his skin and straight to his heart. He felt a warm metal taste in his mouth and tried to look down. He failed to do so. He was unable to breathe and was slowly losing consciousness. With the little strength he had left, he pushed the closet door.

-creek-

“Rok Soo-”

Soon after, the door was opened wide and the hands quickly let go of Rok Soo. Allowing him to fall to the ground.

Rok Soo was unable to do anything, all he could do was stare at the black figure disappearing within the wall as its hands remained inside the closet as if it was laughing at him. Which he can clearly hear.

Hehehe. . .Hehehe

He finally closed his eyes as he felt being carried by some warm arms.

‘I got you.’

‘Am I going to die. . .’

.

.

.

Damn it! How could I let this happen!’

Alberu was running back to the group as fast as he can while holding Rok Soo tightly. It seems like he stopped bleeding, but lost a great deal of blood back there. His breathing was still dangerously slow, and his whole face was paled.

“Eruhaben, hurry! Heal him!”

“Hm- the hell happen!?”

“Rok Soo!”

“!?”

Eruhaben quickly approached them and began casting a healing spell on the little Rok Soo. Everyone else looked concerned and shocked. How could this happen when he was just fine a few moments ago?

“I found him inside the closet like this. I didn’t sense anything at all until the door began to open. . .”

“Rosalyn, go call the Priestess Cage immediately. Ron, prepare a new set of clothes and some towels. Let’s go take him to his room”

“Right”

“Yes excuse me.”

As both Rosalyn and Ron immediately left the area, Eruhaben teleported everyone else to Cale- Rok Soo’s room. 

“It seems like my healing ability is slightly working, but it’s not enough. Choi Han, go get me a healing potion.”

“O-okay”

As Choi Han left the room, Ron entered the room and help clean the child up. After Choi Han returned and they gave Rok Soo the potion, it did not give any improvement to his health.

-BANG-

The door slammed open as Rosalyn and Cage entered the room, as well as the children who were looking for Rok Soo only to find out about the situation. Without even looking at anyone but Rok Soo, she approached him and touched his chest. Cage began to cast her healing on Rok Soo. She looked at Rok Soo concerned. The moment she touched his chest, she felt some sort of poison affecting his heart. It wasn’t possible for that to happen unless this curse is somewhat stronger and unknown to all history of god’s curses. The aura surrounding the kid was pitch black and made her have the urge to puke. Luckily, she was able to hold it in and continue healing him as much as she could.

Come on God of Death! Be useful for once!’

-GASP-

“Little human!!”

“NYA!!”

“Rok Soo!”

The moment she cussed at the God of Death, Kim Rok Soo finally opened his eyes and released a huge gasp. He looked around the room and noticed his version was very burry; just when he took a deep breath.

-ping-

He felt a sharp pain in his heart as if someone was stabbing it or even punching it as hard as they could. He clenched his shirt and was pulling it as if he wanted to open up his chest and find a knife or something that is hurting him. The pain was unbearable, even for an adult, he wasn’t able to hear the priestess calling out to him.

“Hic- wahhhhhh!”

“R-Rok Soo what’s wrong!”

“His temperature is rising in an alarming state! Go bring a wet towel. Rok Soo, hey-”

“It hurts! It hurts wahhhhhh!”

“A-ah, I can’t fully heal him if he’s moving around a lot.”

“Rok Soo, hey it’s going to be okay-”

“Hic. cough cough it hurts so much! Wah-ha-haaaaa”

“I have the wet towel!”

Rosalyn came up beside Cage and Rok Soo and place the bowl of water on the table before placing the wet towel over his forehead. The children jumped up on the bed and stared at Rok Soo worried.

“He’s in so much pain nya.”

“Little Human! You can do it!”

Rok Soo had his eyes clenched tight while still holding onto his chest, he wasn’t able to hear anyone properly since he was crying so loudly and only focused on the pain. It was then that he felt the cold towel being placed on his forehead and a soft, cold yet somehow warm hand wiping his tears.

“Rok Soo, you’re okay, it’s going to be okay. . .”

He heard his mother’s voice and her hand wiping his tears. He misses how his mother would stay beside him whenever he got sick; how she would wipe his tear whenever he was crying. And her voice, her soft, gentle, and warm voice of hers. He opened his eyes and was only able to see a female figure touching his cheek; the pain didn’t stop and as he notice the hand was about to leave him, he quickly grabbed it.

“Mama it hurts!! Wahhh don’t hic- leave mee wahhhh”

“I-”

“!?”

Rosalyn became dumbfounded upon being called mom- No, everyone within the room was dumbfounded. Cage on the other hand decided to use that situation and turn towards Rosalyn.

“Rosalyn, I need you to try to calm him down, I can’t fully heal him if he’s awake and moving around.”

“I-I, alright.”

“Hic- mama-”

“I know I know, don’t worry Rok Soo, you’ll get better soon.”

“P-promise? Hic-”

“Yes. I promise”

Rosalyn peeked at everyone within the room embarrassed before opening her mouth and began singing a lullaby.

“!?”

Everyone in the room was amazed upon hearing this angelic voice coming out of their little nerdy mage. She tries her best to ignore everyone’s gaze and only focused on Rok Soo, who was still crying but stop moving around upon hearing her sing. She places her other hand on his head and began petting him, trying her best to calm him down as much as she can. Luckily, it was working. 

Kim Rok Soo felt sleepy but did not let go of his grip on who he believed to be his mother’s hand. The pain was slowly decreasing as he continues to listen to her lullaby. He slowly closed his eyes while sniffing his snot; he felt something warming his heart as the pain was disappearing, it was enough to let Rok Soo finally fall asleep while still holding on to Rosalyn’s hand.

“Huu. . . .huuu”

“Sigh, finally, thank you. I’m almost done here.”

“Wow! I didn’t know smart Rosalyn could sing!!”

“It was very lovely nya”

Rosalyn flustered a bit and looked around to find everyone nodding towards the children’s comment, scratching her cheek embarrassed to smile sheepishly. 

“Well back in my younger days, I had to take singing lessons. . .it’s been a while.”

-ohh

That’s right, everyone has forgotten the fact that Rosalyn was once a Royal, so classes like those were necessary for the future ruler who sadly disowned herself from that. Now, she’s just the future tower mage and their family member.

-shhheeeeennnn- (hehe, sounds effect~)

A grayish-light beam surrounded Rok Soo and quickly faded afterward. Cage collapsed but was saved by Choi Han, who was close to her. A let out an exhausted sigh before smiling very weakly.

“I manage to remove the curse’s poison, and cast a protection to him. . .he’ll have a fever as a side effect to it, but in all, he’s safe now.”

Now, it was the adults who let out an exhausted sigh, they didn’t realize they were holding their breath the whole time. Ron moved two chairs towards Cage and Rosalyn, allowing them to sit down. As Cage sat down, she looks at the sleeping child and began to frown. She turns to the group.

“What the hell happen?”

“Well-”

-beep beep-

“Goldie Gramps!! Bud and Glenn are calling!!”

.

.

.

“Mmm. . .hm?”

Kim Rok Soo slowly opened his eyes, it was the middle of the night and the window curtains were slightly open, releasing a small light toward two figures. As his vision became clear, he noticed the nice Priestess sleeping on the chair with her neck up; then the pretty red-hair mage laying her head on the edge of the bed, holding his hand.

“Hm!”

He stares at the pretty mage and with his other hand, he patted her head softly.

They look so tired. . .I wonder what happen-’

“Rok Soo?”

“!?”

Rosalyn slowly raised her head and looked at the child who was staring right back at her. She smiled softly and sat up straight, without letting go of his hand.

“How are you feeling? Much better?”

Rok Soo stared at her for a moment before slowly nodding at her. She smiled again and placed her other hand on his cheek; this sudden action caused Rok Soo to blush a bit, it felt just like his mother.

“You still have a high fever. Give me a sec.”

She let go of his hand and removed the towel, replacing it with another wet towel; placing it on his forehead, once she was finished, she grabbed his hand again. Rok Soo simply just stared at her with dazzling eyes. 

Was she the one who sang to me. . .?’

“You should rest some more, don’t worry, I’ll be here by your side until you get all better”

“P. . .promise?”

“I promise”

He smiled a bit before closing his eyes, he felt her hand patting him on the head again. He opened up his eyes again and gave Rosalyn the puppy eyes.

“C-can. . .can you sing me. . .a lullaby. . .? Please. . .”

“O-oh, sure”

She patted his chest before she began to sing for Rok Soo. Rok Soo closed his eyes and smiled, although she wasn’t his mother, the way she treats him is almost just like how his mother would treat him. He clenched his hand tight, holding on to hers; he had long forgotten the pain he felt. As he slowly drifts to sleep, he opens up his eyes to find both his parents on each side of the bed singing random lullabies to him as he laughs and sings along with them. 

Rosalyn finished singing and looked at Rok Soo, she giggles upon seeing him sound asleep with the cutest chubby smile placed on his face.

Cale- Kim Rok Soo. . .thank you for supporting me in my dream. I’m glad I am able to help your inner child heal. Though, I still have a lot to repay for your generosity.’
_______________________

If you guys didn't see my post, this story is near its end. Just 3 more chapters!!
Kekeke two new characters coming up soon~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8K 133 28
Disclaimer: ๋ฐฑ์ž‘๊ฐ€์˜ ๋ง๋‚˜๋‹ˆ๊ฐ€ ๋˜์—ˆ๋‹ค - ์œ ๋ คํ•œ | Lout of Count's Family | Trash of the Count's Family does not belong to me but Yulyeohan. This is fanfiction. ...
28.8K 2.2K 81
Adara Thornwin, the best friend of Cale Henituse, and possibly equally as Trash as him, decides to visit her best friend one day. She has no idea wha...
32.3K 2.1K 13
It was supposed to be a fine morning as usual after the war with the white star and the sealed god however that particular peace was broken once agai...
194K 11.1K 37
"You don't need less and only me. I'm the only one you must love. Therefore, all you have to do is to stay by my side and love me." [OG! Cale Henitu...