3

Not Proofread
Dark and quiet, it was the perfect time to escape. Although Kim Rok Soo liked these kids and maybe even some of the adults here. He needed to return, or else his uncle would kill him for leaving without asking. He didn’t want to get punished. So, here he is, carefully walking through the hallway. Stopping to every single noise and any type of movement even though they’re his shadow. The darkness didn’t bother him at all. He was, in fact, used to it. His uncle used to throw him in the bathroom after getting beaten up. Locking him in with no light, at first, he was, of course, scared and would beg his uncle to let him out. But slowly, he got used to it; do the point he would prefer staying in the dark bathroom for days instead of getting beaten up by his uncle.

He also learned how to be very sneaky. Whenever his uncle was asleep, he would have to be very careful entering the kitchen and grabbing any leftover food from his uncle or even using the bathroom. If he were to be caught, more beating for him; so over time, he was able to sneak around the house from time to time without his uncle noticing. He had matured very quickie for his age, he had to learn how to read, write, make food, how to save up money by grabbing any coins on the floor, what to do if something goes wrong, how to hide from danger. . .so much things this kid had to learn fast and quick so he’ll survive this cruel world.

“Little human is gone!!”

Kim Rok Soo was on the second floor of the Rock Villa when he started to hear the commotion around the 4th and 5th floor.

How did they find out so quickie!’

The kid began to walk much quicker. Who knows what they’ll do to him if he gets caught running away.

Will they eat me?’

‘Will they beat me?’

‘Will they kill me?’

His mind became more and more complicated, and before he knew it. He started dashing to any nearby door, hoping that it’ll be the exit. It was not. It appeared to be some sort of office or relaxing room. Although there was some stuff in the room, it kinda seemed empty. The only thing that was taking up the space was the many unwrap presents and the huge broken mirror in the middle, facing the door.

His eyes trembled upon looking at the empty mirror. . . it was not showing his reflection, but instead showing some type of void, the mirror screen was completely black in the darkness. It was then that a hand came out of the mirror. Then another. And finally, a voice was heard. Causing Kim Rok Soo to breathe very heavily.

You little brat. . .where are you hiding. . .’

It was his uncle’s voice.

The hands stretched out through the mirror and slowly started to reach for Kim Rok Soo, who was unable to move.

You know what happens when you disobey me. . .’

‘Rok Soo. . .Rok Soo. . .once I find you. . .I’ll-’

He ran. Before the hands reached him, he knew what would happen to him. He knew his uncle would break his nose, maybe even his bones. He didn’t know what to do but to run. Run as fast as he could. Without looking back, without stopping, without opening his eyes. . .Without even taking a chance to breathe. 

KIM ROO SOO!!! COME BACK HERE

No. Stay away stay away stay away. Go away go away go away, please please please please, someone. . .anyone! HELP ME-’

“Oof.”

He slammed into a stiff thing and was knocked down to the floor, without opening his eyes immediately got up and was about to run when that stiff thing grabbed him by the arms, it was hard yet stiff, but not cold like a wall or a statute would be.