365 Moments

By Dumebiherself

Miracle a twenty year old girl with only a year to live , sought out to fulfill one goal hers , make an impac... More

Author's note
First moment
Second Battle
Third battle
fourth battle
Fifth battle
Sixth battle
seventh battle
Eighth battle v
Nineth battle
Tenth battle
Eleventh Battle
Twelveth battle
thirteenth battle
fourteenth battle
fifteenth battle
sixteenth moment
seventeenth
Eighteenth
Nineteenth
twentieth
twenty second .
Epilogue
thank you note

twenty-first

2 1 0
By Dumebiherself

King's POV

I got home feeling drained both emotionally and physically , I was so tired I just wanted to hide away from myself and the world .

I had my bath and plopped down on my bed and I felt that internal dam I built break , all the emotions I had kept hidden , my parents neglect , my parents unsupportive nature to my dreams , my parents control over my life , I cried for miracle , it was so sad watching such a beautiful soul waste away .

I so much wanted to take the pain away , but I knew it was impossible , i just has to be by her and hold her till the very last .

            *********************

The sun rays poured into my bedroom , waking me up from the slumber I fell into , I sat up and all the memories from yesterday hit me at once and I felt nausea rise in the pit of my stomach , I stood up and went into the bathroom and had my shower .

I got into the kitchen and made my self a cup of hot coffee , my stomach was in a very accommodating mood for food .

I thought about calling my mother , but decided against it , I really didn't know why I was letting what miracle said get to me .

But whatever it was , I just wanted to do everything to please her , to give her that last moment of happiness .

I picked up my phone and called my mother , she answered on the first ring   .

" Can I see you for lunch , I have something I want to discuss with you " I said

I heard rustling on her end and I concluded she was busy  .

" Of course dear , your father is here , can he come along? "  She asked , I contemplated disagreeing , I hadn't seen my dad in months , we didn't exactly get along , but then I decided it was high time I let him know I'm an adult and I will do with my life what I want .

" Yea sure , even better " I replied

" Alright see you at twelve " my mom said and dropped the call.

A few hours later I was seated at a restaurant that I hope satisfied my parents taste , they were late and it didn't surprise me .
Just as I was about to give up and go home , my mom waltzed in , clutching my father's arm and greeted me with a bright smile and a big kiss on the cheek .

" King , I'm so happy you asked us to lunch " she said , her British accent heavy in her tone .

" King " my father said , his face betraying no emotion .

" Father "  I acknowledged , I saw a muscle on his face tick , happy I pissed him off knowing how much he hated when I called him father  , I always told him , a father was the one who gave the sperm  , a dad was the one who raised the child and in my case  , he was the former .

The waiter came to us and we placed our orders , soon enough our meal arrived  and we ate in silence I wouldn't deem comfortable , because I could tell my father was itching to lash out about how I was wasting my life .

" Why did you want to see us ?" My mother asked

" Can't I wish to have lunch with my parents ?" I replied suppressing an eye roll .

" We all know, you didn't call for pleasantries so out with it " my father said , I glared at him , and we did the eye starring contest we both developed over the years from times of constant battles of will .

I dropped my eyes knowing I wasn't gonna win , he was a business man after all , he starred into people's eyes for a living .

" I'm ready to get surgery " I said , my mom gasped and my dad's eyes widened but he quickly hid his emotions because God forbid he showed emotions .

" What brought about this " my mom asked , eyes glistening with unshed tears of joy .

" A wise woman opened my eyes , let me know y'all can't cope without me , told me the world needed me . She let me know I was privileged to have a second chance at life and I would be a fool to let it go " I said .

" Miracle right , I knew she was a beautiful soul , how is she?"  My mom asked .

" She's dieing , cancer " I replied monotonously , finding it difficult to comprehend the fact that she was actually dieing.

" Oh my goodness , that is awful , I'm so sorry son " my mom said , squeezing my hand.

" I'm happy , you were able to find the right people and not those awful dancer friends you had " my father sneered.

"I'm going to get surgery on one condition " I said ignoring his degrading comments about my  friends.

" What is it " my mom asked .

" You will let me pursue a  career in dance , let me do what I want , no more wanting to dictate my life " I said , head held high , letting them both know I meant every word of it .

" You want to waste your life , you have a place at my empire , and that is to be my heir! " My father bellowed .

" Austin , bring voice down " my mom touched his arm in an attempt to calm him .

" It's either you have me stay alive and do what I want , I could still dance while being a CEO to your company or so help me God , I'm not being petty I would actually commit suicide , I don't give two shits about my life" I replied .

" It's fine , you can dance all you want I'm just happy you are going to get surgery "  my mom said , but my father angrily stood up and stormed out of the restaurant .

" He will come around , I will call doctor Akpomuje and let him know you are ready . Thank you for seeing that you have so much to give "  my mom said while pulling me into a tight hug .

A tear dropped out of my eye and I gripped her equally as tight , I used to be so close to my mom , but as the year progressed and my incessant need to spite them , we grew apart .

" I love you mom , thanks for not giving up " I said , she looked at me tenderly and kissed my forehead .

" I love you too , so does your father " she said and left the restaurant.

Do you think his father is being a douchebag by not letting him pursue his dream in dance ?

Do you think it's a waste of time ?

Let me know in your comments.

Pls tap that star ...

Happy new year ❣️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

390 65 30
Morgan Adams never expected to start her senior year in a new state. Her plans for an amazing year with her friends were pulled right out from under...
497 6 10
A story about two people that are meant to be, but fight their constant attraction to one another. They continue to find each other at different poin...
You By DejaVu

Teen Fiction

427 0 17
She was a nerd with secrets. He was the school's bad boy. What happens when they get partnered together for the whole year? Will they fall in love or...
6.5K 243 89
Ella Walter, the new girl. Searching for love yet afraid to find it. Seeking help yet afraid to tell anyone. Body and mind full of scars convincing...