365 Moments

By Dumebiherself

Miracle a twenty year old girl with only a year to live , sought out to fulfill one goal hers , make an impac... More

Author's note
First moment
Second Battle
Third battle
fourth battle
Fifth battle
Sixth battle
seventh battle
Eighth battle v
Nineth battle
Tenth battle
Eleventh Battle
Twelveth battle
thirteenth battle
fourteenth battle
fifteenth battle
sixteenth moment
seventeenth
Eighteenth
Nineteenth
twenty-first
twenty second .
Epilogue
thank you note

twentieth

3 1 0
By Dumebiherself

King's POV

It'  been months since I last saw miracle and my parents have been on my neck about my surgery it's not like I couldn't live with the hole , closing it was simply a means for a comfortable life , though it could be dangerous and could end my life  I didn't care .

I had been miserable , feeling like I lost purpose and that look on miracle's face hunted me everyday .

It has been increasingly difficult to breath and I had to take it easy this past few days , more reason while I couldn't dance with my crew . It was saddening not being able to do what I loved  most , dancing .

I didn't stop dancing because of my illness but mostly because of my parents , I remembered the exact words my father said to me .

"Daddy , there's a dance competition coming up , I'd love to enter"  twelve year old me said .

My father looked up from his computer and looked at me like I said the most abominable thing a child could have uttered .

"  How many times do I have to tell you to stop wasting your time on such frivolities , you are the heir to my empire , you will not be a dancer " he said the word " dance" like it was filth .

I remember feeling so broken and depressed the one thing I loved I couldn't do because my father saw it as a waste of time , shortly after I was diagnosed with PFO  and I refused to get the surgery out of spite and anger .

Maybe I wanted to punish my parents for wanting to dictate my life and tell me what to do with it , just maybe I wanted to have a little control even if it meant I would die doing so .

I left my house for miracle's home, hoping I could see her . I arrived at her home and I got this erie feeling that something was wrong , it was too quite .

I knocked on the door and her mother answered the door and she looked tired and defeated , the eye bags hanging on her lower lids were very visible speaking of many sleepless nights .

" Oh king , it's good you are here , she's been asking for you " she said 

" Where is she ?" I asked 

" In her room " I went up to her room and my heart stopped at what greeted my sight , miracle was laid on her bed which didn't look like the room I was in a few months ago , it looked like a make shift hospital room , she had an oxygen mask to her face , she looked pale and for a  moment I was afraid she was dead , but the beeping of the machine in her room proved me wrong , I went to her and sat by her and grabbed her hand .

She seemed to have felt my presence because her eyes opened and she took off her mask and I realized she found it extremely difficult to breath , she smiled at me , but it was a weak one .

"King" she rasped , I had to move closer to hear her well , her voice was merely just above a whisper.

" Hey , don't talk " I said

" Please , I want to talk to you , I don't know if we can have this time again"  she said

" King , I know you feel lost and neglected , you want to spite your parents"  I tensed , clearly not wanting to have the conversation with her .

" Miracle please" I told her

" Please listen to me ,  I want you to think of what you have to give the world , the world needs you . I have always wanted to be a 
writer , but now that will remain just a dream , never to be realized "  I took a deep breath and brought my hand to my head .

She was breaking my walls  , getting through to me , it was extremely painful hearing her speak such truths .

" You have a chance , please don't waste it , I want you to live , show the world what you have to give , dance if you have to " she said and relaxed back into her bed , falling unconscious once again .

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

497 6 10
A story about two people that are meant to be, but fight their constant attraction to one another. They continue to find each other at different poin...
6.5K 243 89
Ella Walter, the new girl. Searching for love yet afraid to find it. Seeking help yet afraid to tell anyone. Body and mind full of scars convincing...
73 0 15
Following a traumatic experience, Lane plans to finish out highschool keeping entirely to herself. Carter is new in school and falls in with the popu...
129 19 8
she's afraid of falling in love he's hell bent on making her his what will happen when she'll start falling for him? will they end of together or...