𝓢𝓾𝓹𝓮𝓻𝓵𝓪𝓽𝓲𝓿𝓮

By kidcorenightmare

SUPERLATIVE - 'of the highest quality or degree' Cassiopeia Druella Malfoy was almost everything her parents... More

Characters
Setting the Scene
I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VIII
IX
X
XI
Epistula
XII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX

VII

42 1 0
By kidcorenightmare

⛧ ⌒ ⛦ ⌒ ⛧ ⌒ ⛦ ⌒ ⛧ ⌒ ⛦ ⌒ ⛧

SLYTHERIN QUIDDITCH TEAM
CAPTAIN - M. FLINT
1991

SEEKER
HIGGS, Terence

CHASERS
MALFOY, Cassiopeia
FLINT, Marcus
PUCEY, Adrian

KEEPER
BLETCHLEY, Miles

BEATERS
IVANOV, Asen
SALLOW, Alexander

⛧ ⌒ ⛦ ⌒ ⛧ ⌒ ⛦ ⌒ ⛧ ⌒ ⛦ ⌒ ⛧

"Salazar, Flint, what are you doing? The match is tomorrow!" Cassiopeia screeched as she watched her team captain, who had dropped the Quaffle that Pucey had thrown to him.

Despite being the only female player on the Slytherin team, perhaps the first in centuries, her lineage, reputation and talent for Quidditch put her at an advantage. Fearful of what the small but mighty girl could do to them, her team mates complied to her orders.

All but the team captain, Marcus Flint. Strangely, he didn't take very kindly to being bossed around by a thirteen year old girl.

"Shut it, Malfoy!" the boy barked back in response, prompting Cassiopeia to cock and eyebrow.

"Just giving words of encouragement!" she shouted back. Despite Slytherins all being rather close with one another, the almost familial relationship they had with one another often resulted in petty disputes between housemates.

Her fellow chasers had taken to ignoring her this session, so Cass sighed and mounted her broom - a rather expensive Firebolt - before taking the the sky above her.

Cassiopeia adored Quidditch, but it this was primarily because she adored flying. It was one of the few things the young girl could truly be honest about; the wind in her hair, the memories of her father flying her as a child.

Everyone on the team accepted that, despite being the physically weakest player, Cassiopeia was the strongest flyer. She was their secret weapon, in a sense, no matter how reluctant they were to properly utilise her.

They had all agreed that she would be the only person to not play dirty, as the other teams would call it. Instead, her small stature and speed would allow her to sneak through the players and score as many points as possible.

Hogwarts had been buzzing with the news that Harry Potter had been made seeker. Cassiopeia actually helped to spread the word, as Draco had told her immediately after he found out.

Marcus Flint seemed somewhat reassured by this news, as Harry was an incredibly skinny boy; he must've thought that a gust of wind would be enough to knock him off his broom, which he was willing to summon if it meant winning the house cup.

The Malfoy Heiress, however, was not so certain. Yes, Potter was small, but seekers aren't supposed to be 6'3 and bulky, like Terence Higgs.

Universally, wizards and witches had agreed that
the best seekers of all time were slight and speedy, and Harry was evidently skinny and widely rumoured to be masterful on a broom.

Merlin, even Draco could admit to his big sister that Harry Potter was a string flyer.

Due to her teams approach, the girl felt that a loss was inevitable; but she would be her best to score as many goals as humanly possible.

⛧ ⌒ ⛦ ⌒ ⛧ ⌒ ⛦ ⌒ ⛧ ⌒ ⛦ ⌒ ⛧

"Brooms!" Flints voice boomed, and the Slytherin Quidditch team complied. The chasers were always the first to emerge onto the pitch, being the most exciting watch; the seekers only became entertaining when they raced for the snitch.

Cassiopeia, Flint and Pucey flew into the harsh November air, circulating the pitch. Loud cheers emerged from the Slytherins and Ravenclaws, where the Gryffindors booed and the Hufflepuffs clapped half-heartedly.

The Gryffindors had clearly made an effort to be accommodating to the new seeker, as banners reading 'Potter for Minister' fluttered in the wind. The Malfoy Heiress resisted an eye roll.

Her eyes racing, Cassiopeia was able to spot her father in the Professors booth. Lucius was a school governor, and parent to one of the schools most talented witches. With Snape's help, he never missed a match,

Lucius clapped as she flew past him, a proud smile spreading on his lips. The blonde girl smirked, his presence fuelling her motivation.

Eventually, Cassiopeia was levitating over the floor opposite Angelina Johnson, a confident girl, also Chaser, in her year. The Slytherin smiled at the Gryffindor, who waved back.

Cassiopeia was keen to show her father how interpersonal she was with the Gryffindor team. And that meant keeping an eye on their seeker, the unsuspecting Harry Potter.

Standing in the middle of the field was the hawk-eyed Madam Hooch, who would be refereeing the match. She took her usual lecture on a 'nice fair game', eyeing the Slytherins in particular.

In fairness, half of their method was to play dirty. Only Cassiopeia was their 'pocket rocket', as Alexander Sallow referred to her. Anyone who gained access to a Quaffle was to throw it to her.

"Potter, Higgs, mount your brooms, please." Hooch bellowed, before blowing her whistle.

The Quaffle was immediately obtained by Angelina, who raced to the goals without warning, but was hit in the back of the head with a Bludger by Miles - prompting loud boos from the crowd.

Flint took hold of the Quaffle, who reluctantly tossed it to Cassiopeia, who focused on tuning into Lee Jordan's commentary as she raced to the Gryffindor posts. Her ponytail waved behind her ferociously as she leaned down on her broom and set her sights on the hoops.

"Cassiopeia Malfoy of Slytherin gets the Quaffle from Flint - bloody good flier, that girl, good at everything... sorry, Professor - she's speeding towards the posts on her Firebolt, swiftly avoids Katie Bell, sneaks up on Olivier Wood and... SCORE! TEN POINTS TO SLYTHERIN!"

A loud cheer erupted from the crowds. Even the Gryffindors couldn't deny their admiration of the Malfoy girl, who smiled triumphantly,

Alicia Spinnet, an older girl who had been made Chaser this year, obtained the Quaffle and hurled it over to Angelina, who was tackled by Flint, before flying towards the goals, Cassiopeia following alongside.

"Flint!" she bellowed.

"Let me try, Malfoy!" the boy hissed, before speeding towards the goals. Cassiopeia tagged along, diving below the hoops before flying upwards again, ending up behind Olivier Wood and the hoops he was guarding.

Flint chucked the Quaffle, but it was swiftly beaten away by the captain of the Gryffindor team, who was wearing a cocky grin. Angelina grabbed it swiftly, and flew towards the Slytherin hoops,

Going back to her captains side, Cassiopeia lambasted the older boy. "What was that? I was available, we could've scored!"

Rolling his eyes, Flint flew away, his eyes fixated on Katie Bell, who was cradling the Quaffle. Cassiopeia sighed, and two familiar ginger boys joined her side.

"Stubborn blighter, that one." Fred sighed.

"Our deepest condolences that he's your captain, Cass." George added.

"I appreciate it, boys. Good luck!" the Malfoy said quickly, flying towards her other Chaser. 

"She's not one for small talk, is she?"

"Oh, no, Fred. Not our Cass."

The two watch Cassiopeia as she flew away, signalling at Adrian Pucey.

"Pucey!" she called, managing to get neck and neck with him.

"What's up, Cass?"

"Where's the Quaffle?"

"Marcus has it."

"What? Again?"

"Beat Bell for it."

"I see. You try and get it off him, and get it to me, yeah? He isn't letting me score."

"Alright, give me a moment."

Adrian flew towards the team captain, and managed to get the Quaffle off him with little struggle. Cassiopeia sighed, these boys and their fragile egos. She hoped that her father would have a word with theirs.

"Cass!" snapping her out of her thoughts, the dirty blonde haired Pucey boy had chucked her the Quaffle, and she flew close to the ground before shooting upwards, leaving Oliver Wood no time to prepare.

"Cassiopeia scores again! Another ten points to Slytherin!"

⛧ ⌒ ⛦ ⌒ ⛧ ⌒ ⛦ ⌒ ⛧ ⌒ ⛦ ⌒ ⛧

170 - 110

The Gryffindors, unsurprisingly to Cassiopeia, had won. And Marcus Flint was, simply put, not overjoyed by their victory.

As the Gryffindors cheered, and their teammates lifted Harry Potter into the air in high spirits, Flint flew to the ground, tossed his broom to the side and stormed into the changing rooms. Miles Bletchley picked up his discarded broom and followed him in, where the rest of team stood amongst themselves, unsure of what to do.

After a moment, they all awkwardly followed him in. All, of course, apart from the blonde girl,

Good-natured as always, Cassiopeia joined the Gryffindors to congratulate Potter, who beamed up at the Slytherin girl as she approached.

"On behalf of my teammates, and my house, congratulations, Harry. You're an incredibly strong seeker." she smiled graciously.

"Thanks, Cassiopeia. You were great too, though. No one else could go as fast." he stated. Cassiopeia's eyes began to wander, and they focused on a tall man who had a long, silver ponytail - contrasting his velvet black robes.

"Well, I'd be lucky to have a team like yours. I best be off, my father is over there." Cassiopeia went to walk away, when she overheard George Weasley.

"Right twat, her dad, Harry. No idea how he got a daughter like her!" the ginger stated, causing his teammates to laugh in agreement.

Cassiopeia felt the urge to confront him, but that'd be the foolish thing to do. Instead, she bit her tongue and kept walking towards her dad.

"Father!" she greeted, giving him a small hug.

"Bad luck, Cassiopeia. Very well played on your part." he pat her back, and they pulled away from one another. They were near the teachers stands, where the school governors were invited to sit.

"Thank you. I'm afraid that my fellow Chaser - and team captain - Marcus Flint is not like the rest of us. He has no strategies other than barging through others, which never works in the end. He was awfully reluctant to let me score. I got most of the goals!" Cassiopeia lamented.

"Yes, I counted seven for you, three for the Pucey boy and only one for him. Maybe I should have a word with his Father, Harris Flint. The old boy has found himself in some hot water in the ministry, and is a very weak-willed man. I'll ensure your team serve you, dear."

"Perfect!"

Smiling deviously, Cassiopeia gave her father one last hug before turning to go to the changing rooms, waving behind her as she left.

Unbeknownst to her, the youngest Weasley son had just heard the scheming minds of the two Malfoys.

And unlike Slytherins, Gryffindors weren't exactly known for their strategy or tact.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.1K 892 14
Know where your loyalty lies, Malfoy... *************************************** Hogwarts doesn't have one Malfoy, it doesn't have two... It has three...
1M 29.4K 88
She was born in the evilest prison ever created. She was taken away only after a few minutes of breathing. She was the only daughter of the wickedest...
231K 13.5K 86
Cassiopeia Pandora Gaunt Black, a young pure-blood witch, sets off on a journey at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Forging a special frie...