I

⛧ ⌒ ⛦ ⌒ ⛧ ⌒ ⛦ ⌒ ⛧ ⌒ ⛦ ⌒ ⛧

Three Years Later

"Father! Father!" Draco's voice echoed throughout the many halls in the Malfoy Manor.

Cassiopeia, who was sat with her Father reading a book on Charms as he read the paper, called back out to her brother.

"We're in here, Draco! What's happened?"

Draco's footsteps could be heard approaching, and Lucius quietly braced himself for whatever his son was to announce. It was no secret that Cassiopeia was, in his eyes, the perfect child. Draco, who he still loved dearly, was just slightly less... subtle.

"I got my letter from Hogwarts! Look!" Draco declared as he jogged into the room, flaunting the letter to his father and sister.

"I always thought you'd be a Squib, you know." Cassiopeia said with a smirk, and Draco deflated somewhat.

"What, really?"

"No, of course not. It's a joke, Draco." she huffed, turning back to her book.

"Shush, Cassie. Look, Father! Can we go to Diagon Alley tomorrow and get all my stuff?" Draco approached Lucius, who was sat on a leather armchair opposite Cassiopeia, who was laying down comfortably on a matching sofa.

"Not tomorrow, Draco, I'm far too busy. Most families wait for a while before they go, anyway." Lucius responded, not lifting his eyes away from his paper.

"I could always take him, Father. I need new robes and I know what he needs and where do needs to go. It shan't take long." Cassiopeia offered.

"I want Father to come, not you." Draco hissed.

Cassiopeia and Draco had a strange relationship. They loved one another dearly, but Draco had got it into his head that he was always in competition with his sister. Cassiopeia took no notice of her brothers theatrics, but his whining did agitate her considerably.

Despite this, they'd still do anything for each other.

"If Father can't escape from tasks he needs to fulfill, I think it's an extremely logical way to go about things. Or ask Mother to accompany us; I'll be coming either way. Oh, and we're going later on in the month. The 31st should work." Cassiopeia instructed.

"Fine." Draco huffed, before leaving the room in a strop.

He recalled when his sister got her letter, she had been the centre of attention for days on end. Why couldn't he receive the same treatment?

"Cassiopeia, darling, can I... ask something of you? It's rather important, and I was initially going to ask Draco, but... well, you can see how he is." Lucius began, closing the door that Draco left ajar wandlessly.

"Of course, Father."

"Harry Potter is due to be joining Draco's year group, and considering how he defeated the Dark Lord, he could be one of the most powerful dark wizards Hogwarts will ever see. I request that you attempt to converse with the boy, perhaps even befriend. He has no siblings, so perhaps you could try and be... a person of inspiration, like how you are for Draco."