Jane |18+| ✔️

By IMZoetic

When twenty-year-old Jane Albright arrives at the unwelcome conclusion that her life is absolutely aimless, m... More

Disclaimer
1. The time I met my breaking Point
2. The time moth's fluttered with Anticipation
3. The time she unknowingly entered the wolf's Den
4. The time my life changed for the Worse
5. The time my life hung in the Balance
6. The time realization crashed with Implausibility
7. The time the alpha showed his true Colours
8. The time unfathomable realization sunk me Further
9. The time he considered a wolf to be in sheep's Clothing
10. The time she began to loathe Me
11. The time when I thought I could outrun a Wolf
12. The time I was politely Schooled
13. The time he tried to school Me
15. The time I teased the wolf to the point of no Return
16. The time we went from unsullied bliss to pure Madness
17. The time when I explained adding to her Turmoil
18. The time of many Firsts
19. The time when life took a turn for the Worse
20. The time I awoke to meet hell on Earth
21. The time I decide to get the hell out of Dodge
22. The time I began to see this world as it truly Is
23. The time I began to reflect and Realize
24. The time I began to test my Willpower
25. The time I questioned his Motives
26. The time when I almost lost It
27. The time the beginning of the end Ensued
28. The time when I gained the Upperhand
29. The time when we were Duped
30. The time I was further Bamboozled
31. The time I began to rid the Vermin
32. The time I lost all Control
33. The time I felt insurmountably Empowered
34. The time when everything felt Off
35. The time when I began to Unravel
36. The time I was seduced by a Dream
37. The time when I called upon a Friend
38. The time a glimmer of hope Emerged
39. The time when dreams became my Reality
40. The time google provided its Worth
41. The time I became apprehensive and Aware
42. The time when my final destiny was upon Me
43. The time I seduced the wolf with Venom
44. The time I played russian roulette with a Wolf
45. The time of Reanimation
46. The time I ventured into the depths of Hell
47. The time hurdles turned to Squalls
48. The time I tried to say Goodbye
49. The time when our souls Reconnected
50. The time we began to Celebrate
51. The time we Confessed
52. The time happily ever after Began

14. The time she began to accept the Implausible

200 14 8
By IMZoetic

Silas

The plate shatters in the sink as her hardened look contradicts the trepidation emanating from her perfect frame. I clear the rest of the table with a grin as her body slowly retreats. "Where are you gonna go, Jane?" I ask, somewhat exacerbated without looking at her. "There is nowhere to hide now that I've fucked up."

"You, fucked up?" her tiny voice drips with curiosity and concern. Still, her dainty hands shake as they try to collect the shards.

"Yeah, and leave it!" I cast a look her way as I stack the dishes before moving closer toward her. Her body jerks as she stands back, eyes glued to the contents inside the sink. "My behaviour has been slightly erratic since meeting you," I reach and turn her to face me. I'm met with a whirlwind of cosmic emotions as I try to calm her internal storm. 

"It has caught the attention of many. I'm doing my best to alleviate the awareness you have brought to those trying to overthrow my reign, Jane, but it's not an easy feat. As I tried to explain earlier, the true fate-mated bond cannot be ignored or replicated. The act of pretending you are nothing more than an ignorant human is torturing not only me but my wolf as well. Nothing would please me more than to announce the arrival of my Luna. My mate. My future..." my eyes blur before the salty substance drips down my cheeks for the very first time in my existence, "...but it's too dangerous."

Her arms slide across her chest as her chin angles, "dangerous or embarrassing for you?" The pang of devastation hits us equally as hard from the moans of discomfort. "Reeva—"

"is irrelevant when it comes to what you and I share," I hiss.

"You loved her, nonetheless?" Understanding encompasses my being as I watch my sweet little one: nodding without intent, her smile wavers. "I may only be twenty, but I'm far from naïve—in most aspects of life. I recognized you would have been with a plethora of others and probably loved more than just Reeva." A tidal wave of incompetency and inadequacy nearly drowns my wolf as he howls with discontent.

"I will stop you right there," I move quickly, placing her on the counter like I had a day earlier—before lowering to her level. "I love all my people, Jane. Every single one. It's an Alpha's duty to care for his entire pack, regardless of status or loyalty... and, in my case, species. Reeva was one of them, and yes, I played along pretending to be her destined mate."

"But why, Silas?" Her eyes drip with further confusion—my sweet Jane. I allow my eyes to dance around her many freckles that I just adore landing on my favourite—placed perfectly on the sclera of her right eye. "Silas..." her big, dewy eyes search mine.

"All you need to know, my little one, is that no one has ever mattered but you. What I feel when I scent you, look at you, hear you speak, touch you – and fucking taste you is nothing shy of pure raptured. It brings me to a place I've never been and only want to be, Jane. You own me in every way. No one has ever come close—as I never let them. No one has ever challenged me or spoken back to me. Tossed heated slurs and lived to talk about it... except you. You tease a smile and chuckle, something I haven't done since—"

"she died." The hurt is like a million knives falling from the sky, slicing into me. What will it take for Jane to understand that she is my fated mate—not fucking Reeva? After a longer pondering moment, I pull her to her feet and tug her out of the room. "I should clean up."

"I fucking think not. You're not a maid. You're my Luna, and it's best you start realizing it." I growl back—my resolve slipping from not understanding why this magnificent being is so insecure. Can't Jane see how perfect she is? How unique and brave she is?

"But Athena told me and—"

"You're not hearing what I'm saying, little one. It's dangerous to divulge every detail of why, what, who, and when at the moment. I will tell you only what you need to know for the time being—but I promise to explain everything once the dust has settled." After a wink, her curt little nod has me slightly grinning. "Reeva was part of the Sweetwater Pack. Born and raised. Her parents were the rulers – Alpha and Luna of Sweetwater well before I conquered the area nearly forty years ago." I slowly lead the way up to my bedchambers.

"You already know I'm regarded as the Alpha of the North. I've saved many packs from demise, and in doing so, I've acquired quite a lot of territories." I smile over my shoulder. "I'm initially from the Isle of Virago." Her interest blooms. "I don't miss it. The hustle and bustle of the shifter headquarters of the world. I much prefer living amongst the mountains and grizzlies." I crack a lame joke as I let go of her hand and move to slide the freestanding lever on to fill the tub. "I supposed, in retrospect, that is why I offer refuge such as land reserves for my human packmates."

"So, I'm clear, you do indeed rule over the human zones in the north?" she quietly questions as I turn to gauge her.

"Yes. All of them." I smile. "Like my amalgamated territories, I have Beta's and other high-ranks who manage in my absents, just as mayors and other authority officials do in the metropolitans. On the other hand, my reserves are overseen by Head Rangers and their assemblies, who are basically trained and educated like my Betas and alike, only they are humans." Hearing her hum of approval, my wolf and I feel proud that, for once, we have pleased our mate instead of disappointing her.

"And Reeva was here." The squeak of her voice stills me for a moment before I squeeze eucalyptus oil into the running water. "I saw the photo. I read the inscription on the back, Silas. Your goofy smile and hazy eyes tell a very different story from what you're trying to pitch. You loved her... more than an Alpha would love his people. 'Mated, Marked, Pup on the way... all for you, my love, Reeva'." Her waves of agony are hitting me hard as my head shakes with regret – with myself.

That fucking picture. Why did I even bring it here? After ransacking my office, I plucked up the photo from the broken frame I had displayed on my desk—for a good reason. I planned on tucking it away until the moment I needed it but never thought my sweet Jane would find it in a million years.

Fuck!

My eyes watch as the water slowly fills the ginormous tub as steam filters out in swirls emanating the fresh scent of calmness. "Since my training began as Alpha, I have been tested—like most powerful individuals," I look over at her with such heated desire, "I wasn't like the others, even though my life was mapped out. My parents were brutal at times, and my mentors worse. But I cherished all life, and there was no convincing me otherwise, which made me equally loved and loathed amongst my kin."

I begin to prowl toward her with a playful grin. "Even before I made my prophecy known, I was a threat to the many residing Alphas in the north. They didn't like that I was a young pup who felt humans were just as valuable as us shifters—but then, I was a crossbreed and that in itself was hard for many to swallow, to begin with."

"Crossbreed," her dewy warm-hued eyes search mine as I step closer to her. "You're half-human?" I chuckle as I shake my head, placing my hands on her shoulders before turning her around.

"I wish!" I laugh. "Lycan—but we'll come back to that." She stiffens for a moment before exhaling the breath she was holding. "How's your pain, Jane?" I run my hands over her collarbone, being incredibly mindful of the massive swollen bruise where her seatbelt yanked her back. "Your aura is calmer but with an underlining simmer of discomfort."

"I'm okay," she whispers out a soft breath. "I've had worse." I stop my caress, only to tip her chin upwards. Her beautiful grin appears as her eyes shine with mischief. "Missed that tidbit, did yeah?" she lamely jokes as my face remains impassive.

"The one where you went glamping with your senior class and fell off the roof of a building trying to get the right photo for your social media page—nope! I didn't miss that or anything about you," I chant dryly. "Where the Hell were your chaperones to have let—" I go off as her grin only grows.

"I was eighteen, nearly nineteen at the time, Silas. And truth be told, I was a bit tipsy on alcohol as it was the first and only time I've drank since then. It was only a few floors before a balcony caught me—"

"That left you with a minor concussion, three broken ribs and a fractured arm," I fire out while running my fingertips down the left arm. Jane's eyes flutter close as her mouth gaps.

"As I said, I've had worse. Continue," she gasps for air when my fingers descend the delicate curve of her neck. With my fingers, I slowly unfasten the buttons of her ruined, pretty blouse. "Please continue..." the stroke of my thumbs along her exposed flesh causes a profound, passionate moan. "Silas, I can't think when you..." I lower and run my lips along the nape of her neck. Her little hands pull at my hips to close the gap between us.

"There you go teasing my wolf and me again, little one," I whisper as my wolf howls with molten desire like never before. Leaning back, we both whimper from the disconnect.

Releasing the remaining buttons of her blouse, I spread the top with the slide of my hands up her smooth, warm, voluptuous sides along her plump, round breast, before grasping the fabric of her lapels, pulling it down and off her body. The heated gaze she casts me over her shoulder has me swallowing as I take in her spellbinding splendour.

More freckles plaster her milking, pale skin. Like a night sky with a scattering of stars, I can gaze at her forever and die a satisfied man. "You are spectacular, Jane Albright. Absolutely spectacular." She looks away as I move my hands around her waist, unlatching the jean button, only for her to stop me. "I want to care for you."

"We care for one another," she whispers back before turning to face me. Her eyes find mine as she reaches for the hem of my plain t-shirt. Scrunching it up, I grasp it from behind me and help her lift it off my body. Immediately, I hear the whimper before her little hands outline my bruised side and remaining fading scar from where the burning metal from the radiator of the Volvo seared and punctured my stomach. "You're hurt." I smile as I, in turn, run a finger over the bandaged cut on her forehead.

"Nah. I'm healed. By tomorrow it will be gone leaving only a faint silver scar like all the rest," I voice lowly with a hint of humour. "I forgot Volvo's are made of pure steel from that era." Her eyes flood with tears as I shake my head. "I'm good, Jane. Trust me. I've been through much worse... more than once."

Her eyes lower as she bends and kisses my abs. The gush of her breath across my flesh is enough to settle my inner wolf from her soft, deliberate caress. Stepping back, I lick my lips, keeping my eyes only on her face. "Jane," I shake out as her unsure gaze meets mine as she covers her bare chest. "I'm pretty disciplined in all matters of my life with the exception of one," I smirk as she smiles that all-consuming grin. "You."

She lowers her arms, eyes watching mine as they wander slowly over her chest. The bruising has my wolf whimpering before they focus on her ample, perky breasts beaming with erect nipples that are getting tighter by the moment.

Fuck me!

My canines ache to bite her everywhere—a Lycan ritual only performed on their most treasured possession. Yes, it could be argued to be somewhat masochistic, but the result is solely meant as a long-lasting gift of undying love and dedication for their mate. Humming my want, I smile as her eyes continue to bore into me before I feel her hands move along my abs, down my happy trail to the clasp of my jeans. "Jane."

"We're taking care of each other," she voices in that sweet rasp of hers. Reaching for her, we undress with a heated need that will not be denied but temporally pushed aside as we move toward the now-filled tub. Me leading her as our eyes wander over one another's bodies. My cock is proud and vertical as her eyes take in the monstrosity. Me inhaling her mouth-watering juices wetting her perfectly trimmed sex and the insides of her thick thighs, begging for me to taste and fuck her raw. "If you asked me a week ago if I'd ever be standing in front of an Alpha naked, I would have laughed and called you mad. But now that I'm here, in front of you... I feel... it feels... I fit, Silas. I finally found my fit. You are him."

My beaming smile cannot be contained as my sweet Jane finally realizes what we are to one another.

"I am him. And you are her. My fit," I agree as I grasp her hips and lift her into the water. She squeals with delight when her feet hit the warm, scented liquid. She settles as I step in after her sitting across from my Queen. Her eyes drift close as a small smile plays along her generous lips. Reaching for the remote on the nearby window sill, I lower the hideaway blinds inside the glass panes, casting us in a romantic hue. Her smile grows, but her eyes remain closed as she shimmies in her spot. My eyes wandering freely over her magnificent body. So pure and ripe, ready for my tasting and taking.

With another button press, the soothing tones of my favourite French playlist fill the space. Her smile grows as her breathtaking eyes open when I take her right foot to message it. She giggles uncontrollably, sloshing water over the edge as I chuckle in return. "Alpha," she purrs as I hum with need. She grins mischievously, grabbing mine as I howl with delight. "Oh, you like that?" Humming, she works the sole and top of my foot as I replicate. "Why is it so dangerous that I'm here," she asks after a long moment. "Even if we are fated—"

"We are, Jane. Never doubt that—please," I practically beg.

"Are you afraid of what your people will think if they knew you were fate mated to a human?" I cock my head in disbelief. "It's just I don't know what you're trying to protect me from."

"This is the only place in Sweetwater that I can be sure is safe, which is why you are here. In hindsight, it's not ideal, as many are questioning my actions regarding you."

"Yes, you've already mentioned that," she voices with concern. Removing her touch from my foot has the sparks fizzle and fade that was coursing up my leg. "I'm a liability, aren't I? Something you never saw coming? An unwanted headache that goes against your wolf's instinct to protect me at all costs, I get it," Jane blurts out as my eyes fly to hers. "You're caught between and rock and a hard place."

The moan of emotion I send with my touch to her leg has her eyes squinting in a show of sudden discomfort. Immediately, I ease her with a wave of love... love I have only ever felt for Jane. I've read about it many times in the old testaments – love at first sight. I didn't think it existed until I met my little one.

"We have one soul—split in two, waiting for the other half to be found." I begin as she bores into my eyes with that look... that look no one has ever given me in all the years I've existed on this planet. It's like she's the only one who can see me. Truly, see me. "Often, when people think of a soulmate, they conceive an ideal match." She tilts her head slightly. "And I suppose that is what most people want. But they're wrong," my voice lowers with emotion as her grin vanishes into a sullen line. "Having a true soulmate is like a mirror - someone who exposes everything holding you back, who makes you aware of your own blind spots so you can change them."

As she listens so intently, her dewy eyes mist once again. "A true soulmate is, without a doubt, the most important person you will ever meet. After all, they are the only ones that can rip down your painstakingly placed walls, releasing the repressed emotions, shaking up your ego, frustrating you with hurdles, and making hidden passions known. Above all, they are the only ones who can open your heart and allow new light in." Her tears slowly drip as I smile.

"You memorized it?" I nod. "I had to write my take on your species' mating and marking rituals after we learnt about them—which, as you saw from the text, wasn't much to go on," she snuffles sweetly, trying to hide her vulnerability. "I only got seventy-one percent as my teacher thought it sounded too harsh, controlling, even demeaning," she nods with a tiny grin. "Mrs. Simms went on about self-love and never solely relying on someone else for their own fulfillment." Humming my contemplation, we continue to stare at one another.

"She was so wrong... on her teachings and marking. I would have given you a hundred," I gravel out. "What you wrote is exactly how I feel... have felt since I found you." The music sways along in the background as the mood hovers between intensity and amusement. Her head suddenly tilts as her blinding smile returns.

"If that's true," she begins with a hint of dejection, "Why'd you run after we kissed, Silas?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

917K 45.1K 68
{Currently being edited} Book One of the 'Is The New' Series. Have you ever thought for a fleeting moment how you took life for granted when you find...
226 22 49
Mira-Jane was shiftless werewolf. To make matters worse she was an Alpha's first born. Having Alpha's blood run through your veins and unable to shif...
1K 105 24
"You guys I had the most epic night," I say as I take my seat, sipping from my bottle of coke and then I glance round the table and I see him, I almo...
1.1M 37.6K 67
"So here I lay here in the cold, mentally shattered, physically broken, bleeding out and waiting for the sweet silence and darkness of death to come...