Heroes and Villains Never go...

Von imintoidiotcowboys

Jedediah hates the city's hero, but Octavius thinks he's not so bad for someone trying to do good. Octavius d... Mehr

chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
cronchy leaves
chapter 7
chapter 8
Dreams and Nightmares
chapter 9
Halloween special part 1
Halloween special part 2
chapter 14
chapter 15
Pre- Christmas chapter
Christmas chapter
New Year's special chapter
chapter 16
Reassurance
Like Father, Like Daughter
chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 23
chapter 24
chapter 25
chapter 26

Chapter 13

44 1 1
Von imintoidiotcowboys

Birds twittered happily as the sun was shining brightly-so brightly that it was just enough to come through Octavius' fancy curtains and hit him directly in the face. The brunette groans as tries to sit up from his bed.

"What a night.." he mutters under his breath, he was about to get out his fluffly and comfortable resting place but he feels something heavy laying down on his lap. The Italian looks on his lap and sees Henry sleeping on top of him, purring amusingly.

Octavius wanted to take his cat and put him somewhere else but he isn't cruel. Instead, he just waits for the cat to get up on his own and hopefully let Octavius get ready for work. The Italian just flops his back onto his bed, letting his thoughts wander.

I wonder why Explorer helped me last night.. He's supposed to be bad, right?..

What if he's actually a good guy and he wants to change...no.. Explorer couldn't possibly..

Octavius gets his phone wich was resting on his drawer, the brunette unlocks it and he immediately gets notifications and articles about the fire last night. By some miracle, this problem got so much attention, even news channels from the bigger cities started to talk about it as well.

He clicks on one of the articles and starts reading.

"Last night a huge fire was reported spreading across the docks of Yorktown, a small city near the ocean.."

The article kept going, showing pictures of burnt boats and the damage done on the docks.

"Thankfully, the small city's hero- Augustus- managed to stop the fire with the help of the city's number one villain-The Explorer."

A picture shows the city's mayor William McKinley. The mayor had an upset expression on his face "I am very grateful that Augustus had managed to stop the fire. Although we need to do something about these villains that keep wreaking havoc. Even of The Explorer helped our hero, that is still no excuse for him for working with the Pharaoh and robbing our banks or our food supplies."

The mayor spoke ill if the Explorer, even if he did help Octavius stop the fire from spreading.

Octavius closes his phone and sighs to himself, his thoughts were running all at once and his head started to hurt. He heard a ringing in his ears. Henry miraculously sat up and left Octavius' bed "Thank goodness"

Octavius gets up from the bed but his vision suddenly turns blurry. He immediately sits back down on his bed as he massages his temples.

"Probably normal, this has been happening for a few days now.. it's no big deal.."

----

"Good day everyone..." Octavius Gaius mutters out, the library staff greet him a good day as well. While the Italian sits behind his desk, Sacajawea walks up to him "Are you alright? You seem..Tired.." she says, aching up an eyebrow.

Octavius didn't look great, he had dark circles under his eyes, his dark brown hair wich had always been kept tidy was now ruffled. The brunette groans "I'm alright Sac, just a bit tired is all.." he rests his head on the desk.

The library doors open to reveal Jedediah Smith. His blonde hair all tangled, his eyes were swollen and red, it looked like he also had a bad night.

"Good day Jedediah." Sacajawea greeted calmly, the Texan nodded "Morning to you too mrs. Wea, Octavius.." the blonde said nothing else and made his way to the break room, leaving Sacajawea and Octavius alone in the main lobby.

Sacajawea puts a hand to her hip, What happened to them..? she thought, as she looked back and forth from Octavius to the break room. She sighed, not really knowing what to do.

"Octavius, I'll be with Faunus alright? If you ever need anything just tell me or the others.." Sacajawea told him, Octavius just gave a tired nod and the young lady left his side.

The Italian sits on his chair, not having the energy to do much work. He just observes the library for a while.

The library had always been a comfort place for Octavius, no loud noises can be heard, only the breathing and turning of pages.

But today it seemed different, Octavius had found the breathing to be a little too loud, the page flipping became irritable for him and to put the cheery on top, his head started to ache badly.

Even though the brunette had a headache, he still tried to remain calm and collected. "Excuse me, can you maybe help me find a book?" an akward voice asked of him. When Octavius turned to see who it was, it was a teenage boy with brown hair, green eyes, and - the teenager had a sheepish smile while he held a notebook and a pen in his hands.

"Oh, sure..What book are you looking for?" the Italian asked quietly. The young man checked his notes and quickly looked back up at Octavius "Um do you have the book titled "My Lady of Cleves"?"

Octavius beamed "Oh wow, you're interested in Henry the 8th?" the teenage boy nods excitedly "Yes actually. I'd infodump about Henry and his wives if given the chance..But even if I did, my friends wouldn't be interested.." the young man mumbled the last part as he scratches the back of his neck.

The brunette has a sympathetic expression on his face, he knows the feeling of no one listening to you infodump about something you love deeply "Awe, don't worry kid. I know there's someone who'll be interested in listening to you one day." Octavius smiles friendly, trying his best to comfort the young teenager.

The librarian stands up from his seat "I'll go get that book, it's back in the break room." the young boy nods and stands by the desk.

Octavius walks to the breaker room and opens the door, The break room had always been a bit boring, only a few lockers for the workers, a few chairs and tables laid out, not to mention the weird smell of rotting bread that was smelling from the room. Inside was Jedediah who was still fixing his shirt "Hello Jed" Octavius greeted, smiling slightly at his friend.

Jedediah turned his head to the Italian and smiled as well "Hey October..Sorry if I'm stayin' too long in the break room...Still a bit tired from last night.."

Octavius remembered last night very vividly. The cackles of fire, the loud sounds of explosions, the yelling him and Explorer did... Just remembering those was a huge headache for Octavius.

"Uh it's alright Jed..It must've been stressful for you as well.." Octavius grabs a key from his pocket and opens his assigned locker. This catches Jedediah's attention "Whatcha lookin' for?" the Texan asks. The brunette searches for the book inside his locker "Just looking for a certain book someone's looking for.."

After a few more minutes of searching, the Italian finally grabs hold of the book and he smiles widely "There it is" he blurts out. As soon as Octavius starts to walk, he feels his head become more dizzy and lightheaded.

"Woah, you alright there pardner?" Jedediah asked, holding onto Octavius' shoulder. The Italian nods but his vision suddenly becomes blurry and he can feel his heartbeat starting to slow down.

Before Octavius could say anything, he falls down and his vision blacks out. The last things he could hear was Jedediah exclaiming faintly "Tavi? Tavi c'mon!" it felt a little familiar to Octavius for some reason.

----

Octavius suddenly falls down but Jedediah manages to catch him in time, "Tavi? Tavi c'mon!" he exclaims in a panick. The Texan lays the brunette onto the floor on his back, as Jed rests his head on Octavius' chest to hear his friend's heartbeat.

The heartbeat was steady, although he could hear it beat slowly. The door opens to reveal a worried Florian peeking in the break room "Jed? i heard you yelling and-"

"Florence go get mrs. Wea! Octavius passed out and I think we might need to call the nearest hospital if he doesn't wake up soon." the other man nodded, terrified of the news and went away to get Sacajawea.

Jedediah takes a closer look at Octavius, his friend's skin was pale white and his eye bags were as dark as ever. The man looked like a zombie in Jed's eyes. The door opens and Sacajawea enters, a worried expression on her face.

"Jedediah, what happened?" she asked, before seing the fainted body on the floor "Oh.."

"Can you please help?" the blonde asked, still trying his best to stay calm, the lady nods and crouches to help Jedediah reposition Octavius. They elevate the brunette's legs by the heart level, to try and see what'll happen.

"He ain't lookin' so good..I think we need to call an ambulance.." Sacajawea nods in agreement and that's a sign for Jedediah to get his phone and immediately call the nearest hospital.

----

Octavius looked around the room through lidded eyes, his head felt like there was pounding going inside. He tries to lift up his hand yet he does not find any energy to do so.

"W-where am I..?" he grumbles, as he tries to sit up. Unfortunately he couldn't find any strength to sit up so he remains laying down"I don't think you'd wanna sit up just yet Tavius." a voice said with a Western drawl. Octavius looks around the room and sees Jedediah sitting by the windows, staring out the hospital.

"Jed..? W-why are we here?" the brunette asks, aching up a confused eyebrow. Jedediah looks at him, worried. The Texan steps closer to Octavius and takes a seat by the end of the bed, "Octavius, you fainted an' you weren't really in the best condition earlier..Yer skin turned pale, you's weren't wakin' up..me an' Sacajawea got worried and called an ambulance."

Before Octavius could utter out a response, the door opens and at the other side was an older man, wearing a jumper with collars sticking out, a pair of pants and his hair was clearly falling out. His arms were crossed while his face wore a neutral expression.

Octavius jolts upwards and instantly regrets it, as his head starts to ache and his vision starts to get fuzzy "Oh no.." the Italian mutters to himself. Jedediah on the other hand, has a puzzled expression, he clearly has no idea who this older man is.

"Hey sir, may I help you..?" Jedediah asks, sitting up from his chair. The older man shakes his head and steps inside the room towards Octavius.

"How are you doing, Gaius?"

Jedediah makes a surprised expression and turns his friend "You know him?" he asked, raising a curious eyebrow. Octavius nods slowly "He is my father, Julius Caesar.." the faint sirens of an ambulance could be heard outside the hospital and rain starts to lightly pour down.

"Jedediah, may you please give me and my father some time to talk?" the brunette asked of his friend, Jedediah nods and walks out of the room. Octavius has a sorrowful expression on his face as his father sits down on the chair at the edge of the bed.

"How have you been?" the older man asks, Octavius shrugs, he looks outside the window to see raindrops slowly dripping down the glass of the window, colors of red and blue blinking repetitively outside. "My head kind of hurts, my body is soar, and now for some reason my vision hasn't been great.." he mutters.

Julius looks down on the floor "I drove all the way here to see you. I was so worried when they told me you fainted." his voice was small, almost trying to make it seem like a whisper. Octavius smiles slightly.

"I'm alright pater, you don't have to worry about me." the Italian reassures his father. Julius shakes his head "No..It is my job to worry about you as your father after all.." the older man looked at Octavius, his facial expression still remained neutral.

The doctor enters the room, holding a clipboard in his hands "Good day, was I interrupting a father and son moment?" he asks, slightly joking. Octavius shakes his head and that gives the doctor a moment to clear his throat.

"I'm here to tell you both some bad news.." he trails, sighing sadly. Julius aches an eyebrow "What is it doctor?" the older man asked, the professional looks at his clipboard and goes "So mr. Gaius has about five fractures, ten sprained bones and a few bruises on his body."

Julius makes a surprised expression with a hint of confusion whilst Octavius keeps quiet, only looking outside the hospital window, not daring to look at his father's horrified expression.

"He still needs to stay here in the hospital, so we can observe him and run some more tests." the doctor informed tiredly, the older man just nods along, "Is that all doctor?" he asked quietly, the doctor nods.

"I'll get going now.." the professional mumbles before leaving the room. Now it was just Octavius and his father in a quiet room, the faint sounds of rain and vehicles substituted as a noise for both of them.

Julius breaks the silence first, muttering "Is this related to you being Augustus?" the brunette's head quickly turns to meet his father's gaze, "What?"

"I said, is this related to you being Augustus?" the older man repeated. Another wave of silence washes over them, both men staring at each other with hesitation. Octavius nods slowly, and his father lets out a defeated sigh.

"Don't overwork yourself. That wasn't what I taught you."

Octavius breaks his gaze from the older man "I know.." he mutters, looking outside the hospital window once more to try and distract himself.

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

4K 143 3
⚠️ Copyright © 2021 by IntenseArt. This is an original story. All rights reserved. This book or any portion thereof may not be reproduced or used in...
5.8K 167 11
»In a world where past meets present, where two souls collide - Is there a hidden language between their stolen glances?« Funny, cute, romantic, but...
8.8K 1.5K 35
No matter what happened to him, whether the world hates him or not, he would still choose to love the people that meant dearly on him. But what happe...
7K 243 31
Jedediah was acting strange. Octavius was determined to figure out why, but it was like his best friend (and possible crush) was avoiding him. Jed wo...