Stay Omega Stay (Book #3)

By sunshine919

After finally making it back home, things have seemed to take a drastic and heartbreaking path for Penelope... More

Stay Omega Stay
(2) Stay Omega Stay
(3) Stay Omega Stay
(4) Stay Omega Stay
(5) Stay Omega Stay
(6) Stay Omega Stay
(7) Stay Omega Stay
(8) Stay Omega Stay
(9) Stay Omega Stay
(10) Stay Omega Stay
(11) Stay Omega Stay
(12) Stay Omega Stay
(13) Stay Omega Stay
(14) Stay Omega Stay
(15) Stay Omega Stay
(16) Stay Omega Stay
(17) Stay Omega Stay
(18) Stay Omega Stay
(19) Stay Omega Stay
(20) Stay Omega Stay
(21) Stay Omega Stay
(22) Stay Omega Stay
(23) Stay Omega Stay
(24) Stay Omega Stay
(25) Stay Omega Stay
(26) Stay Omega Stay
(27) Stay Omega Stay
(28) Stay Omega Stay
(29) Stay Omega Stay
(30) Stay Omega Stay
(31) Stay Omega Stay
(32) Stay Omega Stay
(33) Stay Omega Stay
(34) Stay Omega Stay
(35) Stay Omega Stay
Epilogue
New Book!

(1) Stay Omega Stay

5.2K 253 18
By sunshine919

Chapter 1.

                "What now?"

                After the accident, all hell broke loose. Reality set in and we had to do something, anything, but it was no use. Our bodies hurt, and the sound of the crying woman in front of us was unbearable. I couldn't think, I couldn't process that it was my brother in the car that was hit; the car that we hit.

                It was hard enough to take my seatbelt off after I had slipped in and out of consciousness. Due to having alpha-blood running through my veins, I was able to heal most of the injuries that were causing me pain. Lucian was the same, groaning as he pushed the door beside him open, glass raining down on us as we exited.

                There were screams as we groggily walked out, my hand finding its way into Lucian's warm one. I couldn't register what was going on as people I didn't recognize started running towards the car we had hit. Growls were heard as the people noticed we were wandering around the icy road, looking for someone familiar.

                I heard my name being called, and I turned just in time to see a bundle of curls envelope me in a hug; Sage. She was crying as she examined my beat up body, but I could hardly hear what she was saying. I don't even remember what she was rambling about, but all I could put together was she was scared for my life and my brother's.

                I don't remember how Sage got out of the car, but she must've after realizing I was okay. She probably went to my brother to see if he was alive, which I couldn't doubt. I was just happy she was okay.

                Lucian had been wrapped in his own embrace with his sister, who was crying hysterically while examining her brother's bleeding head. Trixie trembled with absolute fear, and Jeremy had placed his hand on the back of his sons head and wrapped him in a comforting hug. He was with his family, and I was with part of my own.

                It didn't take long until the woman's cries in the car became more frantic, and I watched as a large man reached in and pulled out the woman. She was in an elegant dress, and her hair was a mess of brown curls. Her body had squirmed, thrashing in the man's hold. The girl begged and screamed, her nails digging deep in his arm. Still, he only held her tightly, a sad expression on his face.

                Sage moved out of my hold, but it didn't take long for Savannah to take her place. I didn't know her that well, but I needed the reassurance that everything was going to be okay. It was obvious things had taken a negative turn, but we had to cope.

                Sill in my daze, I felt everyone dragging me towards an ambulance. Lucian was as well, and I turned around looking for Oliver and the rest of my friends. Where was Fia and Sal? Had they died on impact? Dread filled my chest as I tried to think of the possibility that the people that had saved me had died.

                Lucian had helped me as best as he could into the ambulance, and he followed after me. He sat down next to me and brushed a stray hair that had fallen in my face. I looked up at him with tears in my eyes as I tried to process what was going to happen to me; to my brother. I don't know how I would live with myself if he died.

                "Now, we wait." I whispered to him before resting my head on his shoulder and staring glumly out the window.

                «»

                 The ambulance jolted to a stop, and I turned to notice the landscape out the window had changed. The snow had been brushed aside to allow people to walk easily around the area, and people were busily moving. I looked over at Lucian, who was holding an ice pack to his head as he gazed at me. My hands started to sweat as I began to realize the most drastic thing. I was going to be meeting my parents.

                "I can't do this." I whispered to him, and he looked at me confusingly before realization set in.

                "They'll recognize you immediately, it's in a wolf's nature to recognize a lost member of their pack, including their children." He soothed, brushing my hair out of my face.

                "What do I say to them?" I rambled, my breath hitching at the end. "How can I explain to them that I'm the reason my brother's dead? How can I do this?"

                "You don't have to explain to them immediately, you'll know what to do the moment you see them."

                Gripping his hand, I watch as he opened the door to the ambulance, the paramedics already helping on the other arriving injured. People were running around the large looking house trying to stop the bleeding on a passing person on a rolling bed. I screeched, running over to the one person that I cared about the moment I met him.

                Oliver was bleeding out of his head, his eyes rolling around lazily as he looked at me. A sob racked through me as I noticed his leg bent at an odd angle. He only grunted at me, unable to speak as he was guided away and inside the house.

                Lilura wasn't far behind, her neck cradled in a brace that kept her from moving.  I watched with tears as Fia and Sal were next to be carried off, blood soaking the towels and patches trying to stop the blood. I covered my mouth, watching the damage that had been done to everyone I had been with, who had taught me everything I know. The people I had grown to love were dying, and it was all my fault.

                I turned around just in time to see a couple walking out of the double doors of the house. My heart stopped, and slid down into my stomach. My mouth fell open, and I knew deep down who these people were. They were looking completely glum, something I couldn't erase from my mind even if I begged it to leave.

                Lucian slipped his hand out of mine and took a step back as I examined the people who hadn't noticed me yet, their thoughts still on my brother. From what I could see, tears were in both of their eyes and sliding down their cheeks. Their hands were linked tightly together, obviously proving to me that they were mates.

                The woman had the most beautiful white hair, the same color as the snow. It was beautifully straight, and possessed the perfect thickness, as if it was carved by the Moon Goddess herself. Perhaps it was, but she was breathtakingly beautiful. The eyes that mirrored my own caused tears to prickle in mine.

                This was something I've craved, something I've dreamed about since I was a little girl. I imagined this to be different. I believed that I would step out of some magical transportation, and would be engulfed in the warmth of a hug only a mother could give. Things would have been wonderful, and all of us would be happy.

                Yet, here I was, staring at the woman who gave birth to me. The woman I have wanted to meet all my life was only a few yards away completely oblivious that I'm alive. The very person who had traded me away, but had fought to keep me all the same. This was the moment I've always waited for, and it was just at my fingertips.

                The man, the father I've always thought about was looking at my mother with the deepest pity there was. They didn't deserve this, they didn't deserve any of the things they've had bestowed on them. The cruelty of the world has plunged its sword straight through their hearts, and I would do anything to repair what was caused.

                My father was almost the exact opposite of my mother. He was large, and very muscular. There was a thin stubble of hair on his chin, and his hair was cut short at the sides, but long on the top. It was curly, and as I looked at my own hair I noticed the similarity of it all. It was the same color, but my hair only had a few elegant waves in it.

                There were smile lines on his face, but they looked as if he hadn't smiled in years. His eyes were dulling, and his lips were cracking. I knew this was a sign of the hope he was losing, the light I knew he had once had, before all of this started. The eyes that matched Sage's showed so much wisdom, but not enough determination to share them with those he loves most. It was something I couldn't believe I was seeing.

                These were the people I dreamed about meeting almost every night, and I'm heartbroken to say I'm almost disappointed. I wanted to be embraced in one I knew they could give, but I feel it would be forced. I couldn't do that to my parents. It wouldn't be how I would meet them. I was the cause of their sorrow right now, and I couldn't bring myself to face them.

                I turned on my heel and began walking away from my family, my heart shattering as I thought about all the possibilities I could have had with them. This was my decision, it was something I had to do. With my brother dead, they'll never love me the way I want them to. I couldn't love them because I would forever be enveloped in guilt.

                Lucian looked at me curiously as I passed him, but he didn't call my name. Brushing past the ambulance and towards the forest I was stopped by something that made my heart tug. Sage was looking at me with the most distraught look while he eyes flickered to both me and my parents. She couldn't believe I was walking away, after everything we've faced.

                I only shook my head at her, and willed the tears away. The snow crunched against my boots, and the dress I was wearing was soaked with my own blood. I was shaking, but I didn't want to burden a person with trying to find something like a blanket. It wasn't long before a figure stopped me, their hand inches from my chest.

                "What are you doing Penelope?" He asked, his eyes glaring down at me.

                "I can't meet them like this, they'll never look at me the way I fantasized about." I pushed past him, obviously able to since I went directly through him.

                "That's not fair." Logan growled chasing after me as I got closer to the edge of the forest. "That's your damn parents Penelope, what are you thinking?"

                "And that's your sister." I barked. "I hurt your sister, and I killed your nephew, my brother. How can you stand to even look at me?"

                Surprise passed through his golden eyes as he stared at me. "How can you even think for a second that they don't love you?" He asked. "They're your parents, they need you here with them."

                "They've been without me for nearly eighteen years, they can cope on their own." I huffed, moving away from him and crossing my arms.

                "You think your mother will take this lightly?" He called after me. "She hasn't uttered a word since you were taken, and she still thinks you're dead. Her mind will have to deal with the fact that two of her three children are dead."

                I stopped at his words, the tears spilling over as I thought it through. Turning around to face him, I was about to utter a word before a person stepped into view. Logan turned around, and after seeing the new person he only gave me a sad smile before disappearing into thin air. I gulped, realizing I would have to deal with the introduction to my family alone.

                His breathing was hard and quick as he stared at me with wide-eyes, his mouth completely open. I gulped when he took a step towards me until he was only a few inches in front of me. Our eyes locked, but I managed to get a good look at him before he blocked my vision.

                His hair was white, completely matching my mother's, and everything about him screamed her. Though his eyes were darker, they were still the same beautiful violet I've come to enjoy looking at. They almost matched my own, but still looked as amazing as ever. The milky skin, the hair and the eyes, everything told me exactly what I knew.

                I couldn't bring myself to speak when he raised his hand and brushed the tears from my cheeks. Our eyes never left each other as tears welled in his own. His eyes squinted together, trying to fight the water that was threatening to escape. He couldn't achieve his goal when a soft sob escaped his lips and he croaked out one word that got attention of the two people I tried to run from.

                "Penelope."

                There was a deep gasp as everything stopped at once. The paramedics seemed to freeze for a second, their heads turning in my direction. It didn't take them long to get over the shock and run into the large house to give all of us our privacy. The only thing I could see right now, was the family I have waited so long to be reunited with.

                The brother I knew as Rylan took a step back to turn to our parents who had now gifted us with their attention. Their eyes were glued to me as I took a step towards them so my brother was now slightly in front of me. I could hear the loud and prominent thudding of their heartbeats as they noticed that their once thought dead daughter was standing before them.

                I gulped, realizing that they hadn't moved from their spot yet. I hesitantly flickered my eyes to Lucian, who was further away as he gave us the solitude we needed. When I looked back at my parents, I noticed my mother take the first step towards me.

                It wasn't long for my father to break out of his trance since his hand was tightly enveloping my mother's. They were moving slow, as if they couldn't believe I was truly in front of them. Their eyes were red from their crying, and I noticed my mother was still weeping silently in my direction. My heart -pulsed painfully at the thought of her hurting for all this time.

                I took a step backwards unintentionally which caused both of them to stop dead in their tracks. They examined my body, noticing the blood that was still dripping down my fingertips. They detected the long gashed and small cuts from the glass. It didn't take long for them to realize I was involved in the drastic car accident.

                I couldn't form any words to explain to them why I was here, or where I've been for the past seventeen years. Everything in me told me to tell them what I was to the wolves, and what I could do. Still, my mouth wouldn't move, and my voice box wouldn't work. I remained standing in front of my parents like a fish out of water.

                It was something completely unfamiliar to me, that I flinched at it when it came in contact with me. My mother's hand was risen to my face, and her hand had tried to cup my face, as if checking I was indeed real. Hurt flashed in her eyes while examining me, and the tears where pooling out of them as well.

                It didn't take long until I heard a croaked sob, and two thin arms wrap around my shoulders. My mother hugged me close to her chest, cradling my body as if I was an expensive piece of china. She felt bony against me, and I wondered if this is what it felt like for Oliver when he first held me. I was thin and unhealthy, the very definition of the woman in front of me.         

                Her skin felt soft though, and I ran my hands along them as I welcomed the feel of having my mom hugging me. I've wanted this, and I've wanted to be loved like this for far too long. Here I was, being hugged by the very woman who cared for me so much. She was the one who loved me more than anybody I've ever known. It's obvious to say, that at this moment she loves me more than Lucian does.

                Two unfamiliar sets of arms wrapped around me, a large hand pressing my head into a solid chest. I knew immediately it was my father, and I figured I must be able to sense him the way Lucian explained. He was family, and even after so many years of being away from him, I recognized him so easily.

                The four of us were crying, neither of us wanted to be the first to let go. Rylan was hugging me from behind, and my parents were in front of me feeling the flesh of their living daughter; me. I love them, I already know, and there will be no way of me leaving them.

                The agency that took me will never get to me, and that's something I will keep guaranteed for the rest of my life. I will stay in the arms of the people that mean the most to me, and I will be kissed by my mate every day until the day I die. This is the moment I've always been waiting for, the one moment where I can hear the voices and feel the warmth of my true family.

                It was something I knew I would never forget, and it all came to a shock to everyone when we heard it. It wasn't exactly something extraordinary, but it was something to cry out in joy for. My mother pushed out of my arms for a second, and looked me dead in the eyes as her sobs ceased.

                "My baby girl." She said, her voice sounding completely foreign to me. "My beautiful baby girl is home."

______________________________________________________*(A/N)*

Hello my beautiful people and happy Sunday! Welcome to the 3rd and final book of the series!

I'm so excited for the final chapter of our beloved characters. Any who, guess who finally spoke after nearly 18 years!!!

Please tell me how you feel about this story, and whether or not you like how it's playing out so far.

VOTE/ COMMENT/ SHARE/ FAN

Xox

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

184K 11K 23
{Completed} Maggie was supposed to die. After six months in a coma and pronounced brain dead everyone had given up on her. When she suddenly wakes up...
2.4M 29.4K 36
Sixteen year-old Ireland Brady is sure she's losing her mind. After a horrific car accident leaves her barely clinging to life, she wakes from a coma...
15.5K 317 12
SPOILER ALLERT!!! After nearly drowning, Finch incurres severe brain damage. While he's asleep- in a coma -, Violet has to stay with him and deal wit...
243K 11K 59
**COMPLETED** ( Book 2, can be read as stand alone. )Conceived from a brutal rape, Betsi was hidden from the true world she belonged to. Her father...