Violent Silence • Rick Grimes...

By totsbreaux12

Scarlett Greene hadn't spoken since she was twelve. After her Daddy was arrested for abuse when she was seven... More

violent silence
-00-
-01-
-02-
-03-
-04-
-05-
-06-
-07-
-08-
-09-
-10-
-11-
-12-
-13-
-14-
-15-
-16-
-17-
-18-
-19-
-20-
-21-
-22-
-23-
-24-
-25-
-26-
-27-
-28-
-29-
-30-
-31-
-32-
-33-
-34-
-35-
-36-
-37-
-38-
-39-
-40-
-41-
-42-
-43-
-44-
-45-
-46-
-47-
-48-
-49-
-50-
-51-
-52-
-53-
-54-
-55-
-56-
-57-
-58-
-59-
-60-
-61-
-62-
-63-
-64-
-65-
-66-
-67-
-68-
-69-
-70-
-71-
-72-
-73-
-75-
-76-
-77-
-78-
-79-
-80-
-81-
-82-
-83-
-84-
-85-
-86-
-87-
-88-
-89-
-90-
-91-
-92-
-93-
-94-
-95-
-96-
-97-
-98-
-99-
-99.25-
-99.5-
-99.75-
-100-
thanks for everything
-- BONUS -- Terminus --

-74-

8.4K 303 44
By totsbreaux12

worse

SCARLETT FOLLOWED DARYL, HER FOOTSTEPS LOUDER THAN THEY USED TO BE WHEN THEY HUNTED. Daryl even made a comment of it causing Scarlett to throw a rock his way with her foot. He gave her a look.

"When you came out with Beth," Scarlett started, watching him tense up, "I never was so grateful that she had you in her life. You cared about her. She was irritating and stupid at times, but you took care of her in little ways ever since we met."

Daryl said nothing.

"Y'know, I've done a lot of bad shit," Scarlett continued, following him. She looked for water but found nothing as she crouched down. She felt the dirt, feeling the dryness unwavering. Then, she fell back on her butt when she tried to stand, realizing she could not get up on her own. "Daryl."

Daryl turned, scoffing a bit as he stepped toward her. He helped her stand, ignoring her amused smile.

"Like I was sayin', I've done some bad shit. But Beth, Beth was good. She was innocent. She deserved to live," Scarlett said, staying close to him as she held her Colt Python tightly. "But she's not here. She's dead, so we have to move on. That's life now."

"Exactly. It's life. So stop harping on it," Daryl grunted.

"I'm harpin' on it because I want you to talk to me," Scarlett whispered. "I wanna make sure you're okay, Dar."

Daryl glanced at her, shaking his head. "M'fine. Gotta be, right?"

Scarlett shook her head. "No, ya don't."

Daryl said nothing else as they hunted around. They came up short again, so Daryl held her hand as he lead her back to the group. The walker's snarls were the sure sign they were close to the group, and Daryl let her hand go to make sure he stayed in front of her. He wanted to make sure he protected her at all costs.

When they made it back to the road, they were only a little ways behind the group, so Scarlett forced her tired legs to move and catch up with them. Rick noticed their return, nodding at them. Scarlett was out of breath, rubbing her stomach slightly as if that would make everything better.

"You okay?"

"I still need to pee," she told Carl since he was the one who asked. Rosita chuckled a bit, rolling her eyes at how blunt Scarlett was. "Like, he is on my bladder and isn't letting up type of pee."

Carl snorted a laugh. "Still thinking it's a boy?"

"Has to be with all the trouble he's causin'. Reminds me of you," she teased before calling out to Rick. "I think we need a potty break."

"You mean you," Michonne said with a smirk.

Rick bit back his smile, turning to look ahead of them. They were nearing a small bridge that went over a stream. He could see the ditches on either side. He glanced back at the walkers and his pregnant fiancée. He nodded.

"All right. Here's what's happenin'!" he called to the group. They all kept walking, but everyone's ears were perked as they listened to Rick. "Need to lose those walkers before they become a problem. This bridge comin' up. We'll keep it controlled. We should only need a few of us. After that," he glanced at Scarlett who was staring at him already, "bathroom break before we keep going."

Scarlett cheered, causing those around her to chuckle a bit at her excitement. It took a lot to make the pregnant woman smile, so these little wins were something they needed even if the win was as simple as a break.

Scarlett and the others who were not a part of the plan went to the other side of the bridge. She held Judith close, eyes watching Rick as he commanded the group that stayed behind. He was a perfect leader.

They had a plan to push the walkers into the ravine below. It was supposed to be easy and less demanding on their bodies. Scarlett turned her head, keeping an eye on their surroundings. She noticed cars up ahead, and she wondered if they were useable. From this far, they looked broken in. She sighed as she heard the snarls get louder.

"All right. Here they come," Carl whispered.

Scarlett watched them start off the plan right. Everything was fine until Sasha broke rank to kill the walker with her weapon. This caused the others to lose focus and the walkers begin to surround them. Scarlett tried to hand Judith to Carl, but he refused to take her, which led to Scarlett not being able to help them across the bridge.

"They got it," Carl sighed.

The difference between Sasha and Scarlett was that even though they were both angry, Scarlett would not damn the whole group on her urges.

Rick and the others walked back to them slowly. They were even more worn out from the extra work of killing those walkers. He made it to Scarlett first who checked him for bites or scratches. He shook his head and put his arms out for Judith. Scarlett handed her to him as Carl pointed to the cars down the road.

The group walked like they were the dead. Their feet dragged the few miles to the cars. Scarlett was hoping that they found food soon. Her stomach felt like it was eating itself out.

Her head began to feel lightheaded, so she grabbed the nearest person, which happened to be Eugene.

She gripped his arm tightly as she whispered, "Sorry."

"It's fine, I'll allow it because of your state. Are you okay?" he asked, as Tara gave him a look as if to say 'help her.' Eugene reluctantly looped his arm with Scarlett's to help her stand.

"Dizzy."

When they reached the cars, Scarlett watched Daryl look around suspiciously. "I'm gonna head into the woods, circle back."

"May I come with?" Carol asked softly.

"No. No, just me."

Scarlett watched him leave sadly before she remembered her problems. "Carol. Could you help me?" Eugene seemed grateful when Carol came over. She helped the woman stand straight as she looked at Rick. "Gonna go pee."

"I got her," Carol told Rick.

Rick hesitated for a moment, and Scarlett wondered if he was remembering the prison. How Carol aimed a gun at her head.

"Take Tara," Rick said finally before turning and telling the others to scavenge in the cars.

Carol helped Scarlett get a good ways away with Tara keeping watch around them. "This okay?" Carol asked after finding a bush.

"Mhm," Scarlett grumbled. "Just help me with my pants."

Tara looked away as Carol helped the pregnant lady. Scarlett groaned out in relief that had Carol and Tara both laughing. As she did her business, she told them, "He just won't let up on the bladder. Sorry."

"Groan any louder, they'll think you're one of them," Tara teased as Scarlett used whatever she could to 'wipe' before having Carol help her with her pants again. "God, what kind of life is this?"

"The kind we're in," Carol answered. "Come on, honey. You need to sit down. You almost didn't get up."

"Thank you for that." she paused. "I'm dizzy," Scarlett admitted.

"All the more reason to have you sittin'."

They walked back to the small camp that was made by the cars. Really it was just everyone sitting down. Scarlett joined them as soon as she could, head leaning against a car. She breathed heavily, not realizing how much going to the bathroom was going to take out of her.

Rick walked over to her, still standing as he peered down at her pale face. Thunder rumbled above them, and Scarlett wondered if the rain would ever fall.

"You okay now?"

"Rick, I need to eat something soon," Scarlett whimpered softly so only he could hear. "Feels like he's tearing me apart."

"Don't say that," Rick scolded before sighing. "We'll find something.

Scarlett glanced around the group, only liquid being some alcohol that Abraham was downing quickly. Tara also noticed it, scoffing. "So all we found was booze?"

Rosita hummed as she sharpened her knife. "Yeah."

"It's not gonna help," Scarlett whispered to the pair as Rick walked away when thunder rumbled again. She heard Judith whimpering slightly, so she assumed that was where he was going.

"He knows that."

"It's gonna make it worse," Tara added.

"Yes, it is."

Eugene shook his head at their worries. "He's a grown man. And I truly do not know if things can get worse."

"They can," Scarlett told him, a tight smile on her face.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12K 264 13
22-year-old Keeley Grimes is trying to adjust to life, trying to do what people used to do before the world ended. But after the Governor, her perspe...
25K 797 29
Nell has lost everyone she ever loved. She witnessed her little brother getting tore to shreds right in front of her eyes. And to make things worse...
50.9K 944 80
Rori Rhee has survived this long, been through so many death. Yet she still had Carl, her parents, and the rest of the group. Except, she's slowly lo...
363K 7.9K 27
Scarlett Bradford, a twenty-three-year-old ex-nurse, roams what's left of the world alone. After a narrow brush with death in the city of Atlanta, Ge...