Roll for Love.

By LeaMarelyn

A story of a High elf cleric losing the strongest member of her group - a Tiefling sorcerer - to a corrupted... More

The Village and the Dragon
Rebuilding the Village
The Elf and The Tiefling
Adventuring 101
The Arrival of King Svedaor
Gaia Jubilee Crash
The Castle...
A New Beginning
The Elf And The Tiefling.. Pt. 2
Adventure of a Lifetime
Fearful Party
Who did it?
Facing Him...
Indecisive
Curse of the DM.
A taste of darkness...
The Call of Destiny
Bonds of Blood
Veiled Flames.
Battle for Redemption
A Relief into Light - Or so it was...
The Grand Jubilee
The Elf and the Tiefling... Pt. 3
Nyx - Our baby girl..

Joining the Party

35 2 2
By LeaMarelyn

A group of survivors from the legendary Hydra attack a few years ago, came to the elven lands of Sacratar where I lived, I noticed a charming young fellow. A Tiefling. He came to one of the guards asking for what I thought was a joke, but he actually said my name. MY name! As in Ashentai! I was in awe. I gazed upon this Tiefling as he talked with the guard. He was tall and his black to blue hair was slicked back into a pony tail with only a little fringe that went over his left eye, he had a scar on his arm

The guard pointed towards my residence as the Tiefling nodded and thanked him before making his way over, he was accompanied by A dragon looking person, a dwarf and what looked to be a changeling pick pocketing some of the rich people when the Tiefling snapped him out of it. I giggled slightly which caught the Tiefling's attention and he looked up at my balcony as I hid covering my mouth. I look out and don't see him. Where'd he go? I look up and down the forest floor and take in the sweet forest smell and hear the birds chirping in the distance. So pleasant. I turn around to see the Tiefling sat on the white silky sheets of my bed, his right leg bent and a smirk so charming I couldn't help but blush. I jump slightly and almost fall off the edge of my balcony if it weren't for the Tiefling catching me "Verece. Nice to meet you." were the only words that escaped his lips.

I think about telling him my name when he hushes me like he knew I was going to speak. This guy is freaky and cute. "Afraid not little elf. I have not a single harmful intent." He says as he smirks a little. I sigh slightly and reveal myself to him. "Ashentai. An honour to see an adventurer such as yourself. I'm not of any use however. Just a mere trainee at the local cathedral to become a cleric." I say while lowering my head slightly not out of embarrassment but out of respect. 

He smiles with care. "Not to worry my child. You'll know the way of the cleric in no time if you stick with us. A little practice and training won't go amiss with a Sorcerer like myself. You'll love it with us I swear. But first. we'll need to get you equip-"

I jump in, "Woah! I haven't agreed to join yet! Let me think about it."

"Yep- Thats the 3rd time I've done that." Verece shields his face from me as he paces the room embarrassed. I tap his shoulder after a moment, as he looks at me, I feel a slight bit intimidated but I felt that to be natural. He raises an eyebrow at me as I forgot to speak because I was choked up by his charm, "oh- uhm- well- I- I thought about it." I begin as he leans in with his arms around his back he gives off an aura which is like I can't ignore, I stutter slightly trying to get out my words, "It's a great offer but... I don't want you paying for me-" I felt a cold finger brush my soft lips.

"Quiet now. It's the least I can do for a noble lady as yourself." He answers with a sweet and reassuring smile.

"Okay. I'll join. from the looks of things, your team is going to need a healer anyway, the missions only get harder from here."

"And with harder missions, come injuries. Some we may not be able to sustain." Verece replies as soon as I finish my sentence.

"Exactly. Now. This cleric gear I should be getting?" I ask as he nods, "This way m'lady." He says as he leads me out of the residence and onto the cobbled pathway into town, the changeling eyes me the whole way round town as I walk nervously around the markets. Each citizen greeting me a warm smile and a wave. I hand little kids, boys and girls who were left on the streets a few silver to pay for food and something to drink. "Dracana. Stay with the Noble, the rest of us get her what she needs. Sedin, You get her a weapon, Eshin, go obtain her a shield a small one, And I- I'll get the armour." Verece states to each as they nod, "Aye." each of the members say as they split off to go get me some equipment. I look at Dracana as she gazes at me, "He has a thing for you, you know, Noble." Dracana says in a rough voice, "This is my natural way of speaking sorry if you think I'm upset about that, I'm not. He's a big flirt. He'll get what he wants sooner or later, but there's one thing you should be wary of him, and that's his power hungry side, he wants to become stronger in anything he does, and he won't let anyone stand in his way. When that's partnered with him getting what he wants when he wants, it can be lethal. I'm not saying it stir you away from him, It's just a girl to girl thing and I've experienced his power hungry side and- let's keep it at, you don't want to find out, and if you do, I suggest you repent" she continues as I take out a cross with a diamond in the centre, "Repent?" I ask as Dracana nods, "I'm okay with guys who are slightly intimidating, like that changeling guy, but I stay well away from power hungry people."

"As I said, I'm not trying to stir you away from him, i just need you to be wary of that fact." Dracana says sitting beside me, "I'm a Paladin by the way, we'll work hand in hand. Literally." she laughs slightly as I do covering my mouth. during my little laugh I immediately stop and notice a boy being harmed by a guard for theft. I run over and tell the guard to cease and that I will deal with the boy, "What did you steal?" I ask the boy as he shows me a loaf of bread, I sigh and walk him to the baker as I click him out of glaring at the little boy, "How much was that loaf sir?" I ask as he glares at the boy for a short while before looking at me, "1 gold 2 silver." he says sternly. I take out my purse and reveal one gold and 2 silver, I give it to the little boy and stand behind him so he doesn't run away. He hands the coins to the baker and he smiles, the boy smiles a little back and runs off eating his bread... "Too many orphans these days..." I say as I frown.

I feel something grip my shoulder, I turn and notice It's just Verece, "I have the Armour, and the others have the other things." He places one silver in the bakers hand and nabs a bread like doughnut. As he starts to nom on it I begin to see the power hungry glisten in his eyes. I move away from him for a moment as he finishes his bread ring, he looks at me and notices the distance, "I'm not germ ridden, I maybe a tiefling but I aint that grotesque." he says with a wry smile.

I glance at him, "Dracana told-"

"you, that I'm power hungry sometimes. Yeah- I know- She also mentioned that I'm quite the flirtatious one didn't she?" he asks moving the hair from my eyes, and notices a twinkle, as he smirks, "Course she did. You like me, Admit it." He smirks like a 10 year old boy teasing a girl who had a crush on him. He smiles and gently taps the tip of my nose, "come on, lets get you changed into your new little outfit." He takes my arm as we walk back to my forest villa accompanied by flower arches and other whimsical sights. We elves only lived in the forest because our kingdom was ruled by an evil tyrant.

Verece leaves my stuff inside my room where he walks back outside to talk about how his next mission is going to pan out with me in the group. one of the well dressed maids comes in and mentions that I need to go see the High Priestess, for some divine words, I heed her advice and make a quick escape to the cathedral to see the High Priestess.

"Ashentai. I hear you have been chosen by Verece's group. They have a Paladin, heed her advice and stay close to her. Take her hand when the nights and days are dark, she will guide you to the lords light. Here are some battle robes for the apprentice cleric, also known as yourself-" The High Priestess giggles, "heal and prosper little cleric, and you shall be strong alongside them. Help the tainted and lead those away from temptation of evil." I curtsey and accept the attire. She takes off a divine cross, "Let this settle around your waist and it will protect you from evil. Where ever you go with the Paladin, the lord will protect you. He will always protect you, unless you fall into temptation. Have the Paladins back, and she will have yours. You guide each other and your group into the lords salvation, lest one is tainted by darkness"

I nod and get changed into the robes and make my way out of the cathedral after a prayer to the gods, I step up and the High Priestess draws a cross on my forehead with her fingers, "May the gods guide you."

"And you." I say as we finish the prayer. I take my leave and head out the cathedral doors, "A life at home has ended, It's time to go on an adventure." I give some more coins to the poor and head home to have the maid place the armour upon me. Currently I am wearing:

-under vest

-waist band to keep a slim figure

-white and gold robe of the cathedral

-gold rope tied in a knot to secure said slim figure

-white and gold capelet with the hood down, it was seen as rude with the capelet's hood up, especially for a cleric, unless the occasion was for stealth and/or rogue missions.

-beaded necklace with cross for divine protection around the waist

-cross necklace my mother had given me when she was a cleric.

-Knee high white boots with a gold trim around the top and a gold cross just below the trim.

The maid places on knee guards and shoulder guards and a light weight chest plate. I look out to my balcony and notice the Verece putting on a show for some kids. I smile slightly yet worry for him, his power hungry nature just may lead him to the darkness. I fear that with his current strength it wont be long before he wishes to learn more magic and possibly learn the art of retribution or worse. Necromancy. The paladin and I cannot let this happen.

I walk out being handed my mace and small shield with a cross embedded within it. I turn to Verece and he smiles proudly, "Looking very nice, little noble." he says as I smile and blush.

"Thank you." I answer as he nods.

"Let's get you caught up on the mission on the way there." he says. He makes his way towards the city gates, I fall back to the Paladin and talk to her about what the High Priestess has said.

"Most definitely, Verece just might fall prey to stronger sources of magic if we cannot contain him. We shall try our best to look after him. As he will look after us." Dracana says quietly to me, "I know you worry for him. However, he knows what he is doing- except his power hungry side- and that scares me- anyway- he's looking at us." She whispers as I slowly turn my gaze to a smug Verece.

Oh. Boy. We're in for the long road.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

127K 3.9K 46
Completed. AzrielxFemale OC - Slow Burn, Fluff, Smut, Soft Az. Lots of Action/Story/Other character involvement. "Coming back is like swimming up to...
102K 2.3K 35
A tournament hosted by a king for a princess's hand is at hand! Two finalists battle it out. Before the winner can take the princess's (and the kingd...
31 0 17
In the mystical Eldoria, Dysnomia, a tiefling bard, performs at the Nightshade Tavern, captivated by her magical music. Roland, a humble human ranger...
2.7K 132 47
A story of a sorceress and a cleric who are in a rivalry relationship. Misha, the elestra, dislikes clerics and there's one cleric she disliked the m...