As long as I'm here, no one...

By yourfavsuhyeoksimp

Lee Su-hyeok x fem reader Choi Nam-ra x male oc „Happy birthday Y/N! Here is your gift. I know it's not expe... More

Authors's Note
prolouge
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
End Note

eighteen

1.5K 50 14
By yourfavsuhyeoksimp

Not even a minute had passed since Su-hyeok and I shared our second kiss, when we suddenly heard a loud scream.

I directly recognized whose voice it was...

On-jo.

Our hands were pressed tight to each other when our heads snapped in the direction of the scream in sync.

My eyes widened in horror when I identified the person approaching On-jo.

Yoon Gwi-nam.

Aggressively, the bully grabbed my best friend by her throat, painful gasps coming from the girl.

„On-jo!" Both Cheong-san yelled as I let go of Su-hyeok's hand, the two of us running towards her.

I don't care if it's Yoon Gwi-nam, who I'm fighting. Whoever touches On-jo is dead.

The second Gwi-nam spotted Cheong-san, he yanked On-jo to the ground, attacking the boy isntead.

Even though On-jo hit the ground pretty hard, she didn't waste a second after noticing that her best friend was lying on the floor, Gwi-nam pressing his thumb on the poor guy's eye. He was screaming in pain as On-jo came to help but was thrown away again, landing on her back.

„On-jo!" I yelled, rushing over to my best friend.

I pulled her head onto my lap, scanning her face, „Can you hear me? Hello? On-jo!"

The two guys were now having a full on fight, but On-jo was still not responsive. Luckily Hyo-ryeong and Ji-min came to help as we pulled the girl back to her feet.

Just as I thought Cheong-san was gonna lose his eye, Su-hyeok unexpectedly kicked Gwi-nam off of the boy.

Even though the kick seemed very painful, it didn't bother Gwi-nam the slightest bit as now him and Su-hyeok were kicking the shit out of each other.

Gwi-nam was so close to throwing a punch right in Su-hyeok's face as the boy tackled him, trying to push him to the edge.

Currently, Min-ho and Dae-su helped Cheong-san back on his feet, while Gwi-nam hit Su-hyeok's back with full force. The boy sagged, but Gwi-nam wasn't going to give him a break.

He pulled Su-hyeok up by his collar, kicking him into a stacked pile of chairs.

Su-hyeok chocked, not being able to breathe because of the unbearable pain in his back.

„Su-hyeok!" I screamed in panic, running to the boy that was choking on his own blood.

„Su-hyeok are you- are you okay?" I asked, stuttering. The sight of the boy I just shared a kiss with not being able to breathe properly, groaning and crying in pain, broke my heart.

„Su-hyeok..."

„Y- Y/N. I'm... I'm okay." The boy tried to reassure, coughing after every word he said, „Don- don't cry, please."

Suddenly, he coughed out a lot of blood, almost covering my white shoes, „Yah, please help!" I begged.

Soon, Joon-yeong came to help. We almost managed to bring Su-hyeok back on his feet. I was still bending down, holding Su-hyeok's head steady not letting him pass out.

„Who are you? Now that I look around, I only recognize three of you. Princess, Bare-su and this stupid prick." Gwi-nam said, making me snap to his direction after hearing the pet name he uses for me.

„And what the hell are you?" Das-su yelled, „You come from the One Heart Club?" The boy asked, referring to the jacket Gwi-nam was wearing.

The boy chuckled, scanning his jacket proudly, „Yeah, it's me. You don't know? How the fuck do you not know me?"

„Oh believe me, we know you." I spoke up. Su-hyeok that was still struggling to breathe, harshly shook his head, signalizing me to stop.

Maybe I should have, but I didn't. I was so full with rage, because of what he did to Su-hyeok and On-jo. And because of what he was trying to do to Cheong-san, „You're the stupid, shitty bully, everyone fucking despises."

Yah, Princess, that's not quite nice of you, you know? The question wasn't for you. I know very well that you know me, my love. I'm asking your shit ass classmates. Do you know me, you stupid pricks?"

„It may not be nice, but it's true. You're a useless gopher that does anything for his stupid friends."

„Say that once again, and I'm gonna kill you right now." Gwi-nam warned, pointing the finger at Cheong-san as if he was a teacher, yelling at a kid for being naughty.

„You weren't a gangster, or a good student. And now, look at you. You're not a human or zombie either." Cheong-san said, pausing for a second, „No matter the time or place... you're nothing." He whispered.

The second those words left his mouth, I knew this wouldn't end well.

„I'm not just gonna kill you, no. I'm gonna gouge out both of your eyes and feed your blind ass to the zombies. Everyone but Cheong-san can go. No, wait. Everyone but Cheong-san and Y/N can go, unless you wanna die with them."

„Don't you d-dare touch her, you son of a bitch." Su-hyeok pressed out, slowly making it back on his feet. He was under a lot of pain, you could see it.

„Su-hyeok, stop that."

„Yeah, Su-hyeok, listen to Princess right there. Sit your ass back down, unless you want me to take her with me right now." Gwi-nam warned, coming closer to us.

I tightened my grip on Su-hyeok's weak hand, pulling him behind me.

„If you want to take them, you're gonna have to take us all." Dae-su yelled, getting into a fight position. So did Cheong-san, Wu-jin and Min-ho.

„Believe me, you're all dead."

That was the last thing coming from Gwi-nam before he attacked Cheong-san and they started fighting once again.

But this time, the three boys standing behind Cheong-san also attacked Gwi-nam, trying their very best to pull the boy off of our classmate. Seeing that the three boys struggled, Ji-min also started pulling Gwi-nam away.

„Joon-yeong, hold onto Su-hyeok I'll go help them!" I commanded as Su-hyeok let out a quiet whimper, „Y/N, please stay."

„You hold onto him, I'll help." Joon-yeong stated, running to five of our classmates that were fighting off Gwi-nam.

I sat on the floor, Su-hyeok's bloody face cupped in my hands, „I'm right here. I'm not going anywhere." I whispered, caressing his face.

The last thing I saw was Joon-yeong grabbing a nearby piece of wood, hitting Gwi-nam right in the head.

I wish I could say that it helped, but it didn't. Not even the slightest bit. Instead, Joon-yeong got thrown away, exactly like On-jo, landing right next to us. In the process, the boy accidentally kicked my head with his foot.

The familiar loud beeping was thrilling in my ears again. My vision blurred when I crashed to the ground. I tried my best to keep myself awake, when I noticed a silhouette above me.

It was waving and yelling my name, but the headache was so bad, I wasn't able to really understand what was happening.

Slowly, my vision became clear again, when I recognized Su-hyeok's face hanging right above mine, „Y/N, can you hear me? Pl- please, don't pass out. Y/N..." He cried out as I slowly reached out my hand to him, „Su-hyeok?"

Before I was able to cup his cheek, I felt someone's really strong grip grabbing my arm, pulling me out of Su-hyeok's embrace.

„I'll take you with me after I kill all of these stupid friends of yours, got it?" Gwi-nam whispered, the smell of his breath almost making me gag.

„Let her go, motherfucker!" Su-hyeok yelled, gripping onto some leftovers of a chair and slammed it against Gwi-nam's back.

Gwi-nam dropped me to the floor by the sudden pain as I felt two arms wrap around my shoulders, „Are you okay?" Asked Min-ho, scanning me for any injuries.

I just nodded, my head snapping back to the horrible sight of Su-hyeok fighting off Gwi-nam. Currently, Gwi-nam had Su-hyeok in a chokehold.

Even though Su-hyeok was clearly the weaker one, he punched the inside of Gwi-nam's elbow, trying to push his forearm down, causing Gwi-nam to let him go.

When that didn't work, Su-hyeok swung both feet off the ground, kicking Gwi-nam in the stomach.

Even though Su-hyeok did get out of Gwi-nam's grip, the kick didn't affect him. Who would've thought.

Instead, Gwi-nam's back arched as he stayed in that position for a moment. Everyone was staring at him, surprised by how strong he was.

We were still in shock by Gwi-nam's ability to literally take in all the punches and kicks but not get affected, when we heard a loud crunch coming from his bones.

Soon, he was standing normally again, now facing Su-hyeok. Just by the way he looked at him, I could tell he was ready to kill him. There and then. Of course I wasn't letting him do that.

Su-hyeok threw Gwi-nam a last punch, kicking him right in the face but Gwi-nam somehow managed to keep a hold of his leg, pushing him over the metallic shelves that our school used for stacking food.

I heard Su-hyeok grunting in pain. This was the moment where I lost my temper.

Not only did Gwi-nam ruin my life, but is now also trying to destroy my friends lives, Su-hyeok's life.

I grabbed onto the metal plate I found on the floor next to me and ran towards Gwi-nam.

Then, I hit him in the head with full force. He looked down as I took my chance, kicking him with my knee as his head made a loud cracking sound.

The sound was very unpleasant, but I had to defeat him now, at this very moment.

I took the metal plate and struck again. And again, again, again.

Gwi-nam didn't defend himself, suddenly spitting out a lot of blood.

„Die, you son of a bitch! Just fucking die!" I screamed with so much pain in my voice. With the pain he, Yoon Gwi-nam, had done to me.

At some point, I really thought that I was the one, killing Gwi-nam. But out of nowhere Gwi-nam shielded his back, preventing me from hitting his back once again.

Like in a horror movie, very slowly, the guy lifted his head, his eye landing on mine. A scary smile slowly spread across his face. A smile I would never forget again.

„Princess, you really don't want to learn it the nice way, do you?"

My eyes widened as I took a few steps back, almost meeting Su-hyeok who was still laying on the floor, struggling to breathe.

„Come here, Princess. I don't bite... or do I?" He said, before jumping up and gripping my hair, pulling me next to him.

He held me in a headlock as it got harder and harder to breathe, „Cheong-san, do you want me to bite her right now, in front of her pretty boyfriend, her friends and... you? Or should I spare Princess' life and take yours instead, huh? You decide."

„If you even hurt her the slightest b-bit, I promise you Gwi-nam, I'll kill you!" Su-hyeok coughed out, the pain in his lungs being even worse than before.

„Cheong-san, decide. Is it Princess, or you, huh?" Said Gwi-nam, completely ignoring Su-hyeok's warning.

„Cheong-san, don't!" I choked out as Gwi-nam's grip over my neck tightened. Now, it was seriously impossible to breathe.

Cheong-san hesitated, staying still.

„I guess it has to be the both of you." Gwi-nam shrugged, his mouth already opened to bite my neck, when out of nowhere Nam-ra slammed a burnt peace of wood into Gwi-nam's back.

„Ah, fuck!" He cursed, dropping me to the floor as now Nam-ra took over.

My head was pounding and I already felt that familiar headache, when I felt a warm hand slowly reach out to mine.

Su-hyeok.

„Y- Y/N..." He whispered, gripping onto my hand, pulling me closer.

Both of us were in so much pain, it was pretty impressive that we could even move that much.

„Su-hyeok..." I coughed out, reaching out for his hand when the boy pulled me up to his chest and we just stayed like that, lying on the floor. People may find it childish and unhelpful, but the two of us were wasted. If we were going to die, then we'll do it together.

I turned my head to the fight, seeing that now Min-ho was fighting off Gwi-nam, Nam-ra struggling to get on her feet.

Gwi-nam had the control, pushing Min-ho to the edge of the rooftop as he gripped his throat. Min-ho was literally inches away from falling down.

Slowly, Nam-ra made it back to her feet again, approaching Gwi-nam from behind before she did something none of us would expect her to do.

She grabbed Gwi-nam by his One Heart jacket and threw him off of the roof, leaving not even a trace from him. She did it so naturally. She made it look easy, which left me with the question:

How?

I let out a big sigh, feeling blood running down my forehead. When I looked up at Su-hyeok, I saw his bruised up lip bleeding nonstop and not to mention his ear, scratches all over it.

Trying to be as gentle as possible, I cupped his cheek, drawing small circles over it when I felt something wet run down my hand.

I looked closer, noticing a tear run down Su-hyeok's damaged face, feeling myself tear up too.

He scanned my face as another tear fell from his beautiful brown eyes. I couldn't stand another moment looking at his crying face and leaned closer, hugging him tightly. I tried my very best not to hurt him while doing so.

Feeling his arm linger around my waist, I noticed how much he struggled. His hands were shaking and his whole face was badly injured too. The pretty black blazer he wore was now gray, dust all over it.

My arm rested around his shoulder, my tears now also soaking the back of his neck.

How could one person manage such damage?

I asked myself.

*TIME SKIP*

Soon, we all found ourselves gathered back around the campfire but this time, the mood was way different.

Everyone was devastated, tired and hurting.

The silence between us was broken by Joon-yeong's groan after the repeated attempt to fix his very broken glasses failed for the fifth time.

„Damn it, it stings!" Dae-su whined, holding onto his bruised elbow, when I felt Su-hyeok's hand release mine. He stretched out his arm, groaning in pain. He looked at me, trying his best to give me a reassuring smile.

Seeing the one I love most being in so much pain hurt me more than any bruise or injury I may have had.

„What the hell is with that Gwi-nam guy?" Joon-yeong asked, „You said he got bitten."

A guilty look spread over Cheong-san's face, „I don't know anymore." He admitted, „It looks like he became something totally different."

„I don't think he can die." Min-ho stated.

„What if he climbs back up here?"

„He won't." I replied, faster than I maybe should've. We can't be sure of something at the end of the day.

„Gwi-nam is bad enough... but to be honest, I'm scared of Nam-ra too." Ji-min confessed, trying to ignore Min-ho's glare, „You saw her fight before."

„Well..." Dae-su started, his eyes still glued to his hurt elbow, „I think it's pretty reasonable to assume they're both half-bies-"

Hyo-ryeong stopped the boy mid-sentence, hitting his thigh, „What?" The boy hissed.

Ji-min seemed to ignore the two fighting students next to her, turning back to Nam-ra, „Are you really okay, Prez? You wouldn't do that to us, right?"

„Would you believe me if I said I wouldn't?" Nam-ra asked, sounding as cold as always.

„Why do you have to say it that way? Can't you at least try to make us believe you?"

„What, do you want her to lie, then?" I stepped in, scoffing at Ji-min's pathetic question, „You're the one always bugging and putting her on the spot. And now that she's honest you're still not satisfied?"

Nam-ra ignored both Ji-min and I, sighing, „I... I've never did anything but study. I don't think I was naive, I'd say I was more of a coward, always too scared that my grades will drop and my mom would get mad. I was too scared to make friends. My mom would always ask me what they were ranked in class, what their parents did, how big their house was..."

I never would've thought that I would be sitting on a rooftop, next to Prez, relating to every word she spoke. We were a lot more alike than I thought. Except I haven't completely isolated myself, shot off my feelings and studied 24/7.

„That's why I never thought that I would ever get a chance to sit around a fire with you guys like this." The girl confessed, fixing the fire, „It's really nice. It's my first time ever, doing something like that. If there's a chance we somehow manage to get out of this, I really hope we could make a fire and hang out like this again. I really, really hope we can do that."

„Definitely, let's do it." I said, giving Nam-ra a soft smile, „If anyone wants to make a fire... we can all get together and gather around it like this again."

„I'm sorry, Nam-ra." Ji-min apologized with an embarrassed face. Nam-ra just looked over, smiling at the girl.

„Woah, did I just witness you smiling? Super weird." Dae-su chuckled, an even bigger smile growing on Nam-ra's face.

Aish, come on!" Hyo-ryeong hissed once again, making me rethink what Dae-su brought up earlier. Maybe she did have a crush in him.

„What? What now?" Dae-su whined, scanning Hyo-ryeong.

„Why don't you two just start dating already? It's seriously so annoying."

„Shut up!"

„Psycho."

„Yeah, Wu-jin's right." I agreed.

Yah, Y/N! You too?" Hyo-ryeong hissed, looking unbelievably betrayed.

„Sorry."

The happy mood had just spread throughout the group, when Nam-ra's facial suddenly widened, „Wait... do you guys hear it?" She asked.

„No, what is it?"

„What? Is someone out there?" Hyo-ryeong spat out, wincing at that thought.

Nam-ra didn't answer. Instead, she just stared in the distance as if something or someone was there, „Listen."

We all looked the way Nam-ra was facing, not really understanding what she meant.

When I tried to listen closer, I heard a very, very familiar sound, „Chopper... Guys it's a chopper!" I said, when everyone also seemed to hear it. Slowly, we all went closer to the edge. I felt Su-hyeok gripping my hand tightly.

Yah... Fire!" Cheong-san suggested and we all immediately did as he said.

Soon, everyone was waving with self-made fire torches, yelling as loud as we could, „YAH!"

„WE'RE HERE!"

„HERE! YAH, RIGHT HERE!"

„OVER HERE!"

„PLEASE HELP US!"

„OVER HERE! HELP PLEASE!"

It came to the point where Dae-su even climbed onto the edge, yelling as loud as he could, „THIS WAY! THIS WAY! LOOK OVER HERE! LOOK AT US, WILL YOU?"

YAH! COME SAVE US!"

I now also climbed onto the edge waving the torch, Su-hyeok tightly holding onto my waist, also yelling, „OVER HERE!"

It took us a few more yell before blinding light shone in our faces. Cold wind blew on us but that didn't stop us. In fact, we all were still yelling as loud as possible. We all yelled out for help as Joon-yeong even started praying.

Tears were forming in my eyes but I was still screaming my lungs out.

When the helicopter stopped and men were coming down, everyone started crying, hugging and some of us were still yelling.

„Y/N, WE'RE SAVED!" Su-hyeok yelled, his eyes fixing on my teary ones, „WE'RE SAVED!" He yelled again, hugging me as tightly than ever.

I hugged him back, sobbing into his blazer. I couldn't believe that we were being rescued. After so much pain and torture, it was finally over.

Yah, please- Woah!" Dae-su was cut off by multiple soldiers pointing weapons at us, „HANDS UP!" They yelled.

I glanced at Su-hyeok, frightened of what would happen next. The boy interlaced our hands, squeezing mine one last time before he held his hands up in the air.

I followed his actions, trying really hard to stop my hands from trembling.

More soldiers came down before the helicopter turned around and flew into another direction. Cheong-san approached the soldiers but didn't even got to ask his question when we all were forced to get down.

Everyone was confused. Weren't they supposed to save us? Why would they force us to get down?

Everybody stood still, hands still in the air, „Ahjussi, would you please help us?" Dae-su begged.

Instead of getting a nice, calm answer the soldiers yelled at us, „FACE DOWN ON THE GROUND! GET DOWN!" They commanded, now each one of them pointing at every single one of us.

A soldier next to me pointed a gun right at my head, making me flinch as he did so, „ON THE GROUND, NOW!"

Feeling Su-hyeok's grip on my hand tighten, we got on the ground.

The soldier started speaking to the microphone, „Clear the area. Over. High school roof. Eleven survivors confirmed. Checking temperatures now." He stated, bending down to measure each one's temperature.

This made me worry about Nam-ra a lot.

What if her temperature was way to low and they would think she's turning?

Just as I got lost in my thoughts, a soldier bend down to me, first measuring my temperature.

The thermal scanner beeped, „Clear." The soldier stated, moving onto Su-hyeok.

„Clear."

I sighed, thanking god that everything was okay. I knew Su-hyeok was fine but just having the confirmation was making me calmer.

„They're just checking if were zombies, don't worry." Su-hyeok whispered, drawing circles on my thumb.

When I saw a soldier going over to Nam-ra, my heart stopped for a second. To be honest, I think we all stared at her in that moment, waiting for the scanner to beep and to hear a „Clear." from the soldier, but of course that didn't happen.

A red light lit up on the thermal scanner. The soldier looked at it confused, „Temperature is 34.5. Providing a warming blanket."

„One has hypothermia. The rest are normal." The soldier confirmed, pulling over the warming blanket, „We'll rescue after the mission's complete. Over."

„Oh thank god." I breathed out, almost losing my shit.

„Y/N, everything's okay. We're gonna be okay." Su-hyeok whispered, his hand still comforting mine. I nodded when the soldier started commanding again, „You can get up now."

We did as we were said. It was so freezing cold, a shiver ran down my spine when suddenly I felt Su-hyeok pulling me closer as soon as we stood up. His arm was around my waist, the warmth of his embrace making me feel a bit better.

„Are you guys the only survivors?"

„We don't know." Cheong-san replied, speaking for all of us, „There are others, probably."

„We're going down for a few minutes. Wait right here." The slightly taller soldier commanded when Ji-min came to the front of the group, „Aren't you gonna rescue us?"

„Yes, we will. So don't go anywhere. Don't do anything. Just wait here. Got it?"

„Mm-hm."

„Yes."

„Yeah."

„Let's go." Said the soldier as he and the other men climbed down the roof, breaking into the school through the windows.

When it was just us again, I felt tears building up my eyes, „Y/N!" I heard On-jo say, when I saw her standing behind me.

„On-jo..." I cried out, hugging her as we both now had a wet shoulder.

„We're safe now, it's okay." I whispered, laughing through the tears.

„I'm so glad you're still here, Y/N. I don't know what I would do without you."

„I'm so, so glad that I found you guys again."

*TIME SKIP*

Some time went on, when Nam-ra suddenly snapped her head to the edge, before multiple soldiers climbed up to the roof.

The helicopter arrived again and soon we were ready to head into the chopper.

„We'll pull you up one at a time." The middle aged man commanded, „Stay still, even if you're scared. Okay?"

We nodded.

„You're not landing the chopper?" Asked Ji-min.

„We can't. It can get unstable." The man explained, „He's gonna pull you up, so don't worry."

We looked up at the chopper, watching the man that is supposed to pull us up climb into the helicopter.

„You can't go all at once, so let's go one by one."

„We can't all go?"

„We can take all of you," Said the man, „but it has to be one by one.

Suddenly, I felt Su-hyeok turn me in his direction, „Y/N, please go first, okay?" He asked. It sounded more like a command, to be honest.

Before I could answer, we heard the group yell Ji-min's name, „Ji-min, you're going first."

„Go!"

„Go first."

We watched the safety get attached to Ji-min's body as her body slowly started leaving the floor. Our eyes teared up, seeing our friend being pulled up into safety.

After all we have been through, we're finally saved.

Well, that's what we thought.

A/N:

Hello guys <3
Im so sorry that it took me so long to update I'll try my best to update as soon as possible.
Thank you guys so so much for over 9K reads, its really unbelievable. I am so thankful for every single read, vote, comment or any kind of interaction.
Really, thank you so much <3

Have a great day or night :)) See you guys in the next chapter !!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

95.8K 4.2K 28
A person with a desire to die and to live a normal life at the same time is the most dangerous person in the world. They can kill themselves by just...
37.9K 1.7K 21
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ♯ 𝐋𝐄𝐄 𝐒𝐀𝐄-𝐇𝐀 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐋𝐄𝐄 𝐒𝐔-𝐇𝐘𝐄𝐎𝐊 siblings, well- twins. Both athletic and strong, the only things that the...
349K 15.6K 39
❝ when we get out of here and we're safe and away from this mess, let me take you on a date. ❞ ❝ is that a question or a statement? ❞ ❝ statement. ❞ ...
83.8K 3.9K 30
❝ 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐤, 𝐬𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫. 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐰𝐞'𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐮𝐩𝐩𝐨𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐝𝐨 ❞ 𝗣𝗮𝗿𝗸 𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗻𝗴-𝗺𝗶𝗻 said with a s...