Room 107 | A Victorious Rewri...

By Elisabethhwrites

Y/n Vega has gone to Hollywood Arts ever since she was 12 years old and over the years, she has met a lot of... More

Curtain Notes
Timeline
Trina's Big Showcase
The Bird Scene
Tori's Video Profile
Stage fighting
The Birthweek Song
Robbie's Video Profile
Rex Dies
Rex's Video Profile
Jade and Alyssa Vaughn
Jade's Video Profile
Robarazzi
Y/n the Zombie
Cat's Video Profile
Beck's Big Break
Beck's Video Profile
The Diddly-Bops
Andre's Video Profile
Cat's New Boyfriend
The Great Ping-Pong Scam
Slap Post: What I Hate
Wok Star
Survival of the Hottest
Tori Takes Requests: Multiple Sandwiches
Wi-Fi in the Sky
Slap Post: Beck and Y/n Give Relationship Advice
Freak the Freak Out: Part 1
Freak the Freak Out: Part 2
The Wood
Slap Post: BIG PROBLEM!!!
A Film by Dale Squires
Slap Post: What I Hate #2
Sleepover at Sikowitz
Sinjin's Video Profile
iParty With Victorious
Beggin' On Your Knees
Trina's Video Profile
Beck Falls for Y/n
Slap Post: Angry Freak Out!
Ice Cream for Ke$ha
Cell Block
Wanko's Warehouse
Slap Post: What I Hate #3
Tori Gets Stuck
Slap Post: Beck's Lady Advice
The Twins Tortures Teacher
Locked Up: Part 1
Locked Up: Part 2
The Blonde Squad
Things With Y/n: Andre's Love Songs
Terror On Cupcake Street
A Christmas Sikowitz
Slap Post: What I Love
Helen Back Again
How Trina Got In
Slap Post: New Public Service Announcement
The Bad Roommate
The Slap Fight
Who did it to Trina?
Things With Y/n: Pranking Sikowitz
Catsitting
Slap Post: What I Love #2
Car, Rain & Fire
Three girls and a Moose
The Opposite Date: Part 1
The Opposite Date: Part 2
Brain Squeezers
Slap Post: Shopping with Trina
Prom Wrecker
Driving the Twins Crazy
Things With Y/n: Beck's Hair
Tori Goes Platinum: Part 1
Tori Goes Platinum: Part 2
IMPORTANT A/N, PLEASE READ.

The Worst Couple

1.7K 38 24
By Elisabethhwrites

TW: Angst. Unhappy Y/n and unhappy Beck. If you do not do well with realism, I'd suggest skipping this chapter. Not too much out of Victorious' bounds, just more elaborated on and not sugar coated. Please, listen to yourself and this warning. 

A lot of you guys have been asking for this and are excited for it. I hope it is what you all were looking forward to! Don't worry, it isn't ALL angst, but it's still prominent in this chapter. Enjoy <3

February, 

As I fished around my bag for my phone, walking mindlessly to Sikowitz' classroom, Beck followed behind me. He walked ahead of me and opened the door, walking into the classroom as I looked up from my bag.

Still holding the door, he glanced behind him, finding me not there but still in the hallway. He turned around before sighing, pinching the bridge of his nose, "What are you doing?" He asked, annoyed.

I looked at him, feigning confusion. "Nothing," I shrugged, looking at my phone. "Just waiting for you to slam the door in my face." I said nonchalantly.

He inhaled loudly, glowering at the ceiling, "Babe—" He sighed, "I just said I didn't mean to close the door on you!" He raised his voice, rolling his eyes, "I thought you were right behind me." He said, sternly, gesturing to the hallway.

"No, because you were too worried about your hair looking nice for girls to stare at you to even look back!" I retorted, shifting my weight to my other leg.

"HOW IS IT MY FAULT GIRLS STARE AT ME!?" He yelled.

"YOU COULD LOOK WORSE IF YOU WANTED TO!" I rolled my eyes, walking into the classroom, as our friends looked between us and each other, exchanging knowing glances.

"Man, you make me happy!" He exclaimed, following me into the classroom as I sat down. He angrily pulled his chair out slightly, so he could sit in it. I sighed as he sat down, shaking my head. Slowly, Tori, Andre, Robbie and Cat awkwardly looked away, as Jade walked into the classroom.

"Why is Sikowitz always late to class?" Jade complained as she peered out into the hallway, after glancing at the clock. She looked for Sikowitz, before walking to her seat.

Robbie shrugged softly, "Maybe we could try an acting scene on our own." He suggested.

Cat let out a gasp, looking at him. "Ooo! What if we act out the final scene from Titanic. When the boat sinks?!" She smiled, "Oh my God I just gave away the ending. Spoiler alert!" She exclaimed, before laughing. I let out a sigh, glancing at Jade as she rolled her eyes.

"Y'know, whenever she starts talkin', I think to myself, maybe this time it'll make sense... I'm always wrong." Andre said, shaking his head. "Ahhh!" He yelled, as loud screeching noise blared from Tori's phone and disrupted the entire class. My eyes closed as I covered my ears. I was so tired of hearing that!

"Oh!" Cat murmured, covering her ears as Jade winced, groaning.

"C'mon man!" Tori whined, messing with her phone. "Why won't it...—"

"Toriii," I whined, "Your phone's been making noise since last night, just turn it o—"

"You wouldn't have had to hear it all last night if you had just came over my place last night." Beck countered, cutting me off mid-sentence.

"Don't cut her off." Jade glared at him.

"Jade, stay out of it." He retorted, not even looking at her as he leaned down in his chair, his legs straight out.

I looked at him as he crossed his arms, appalled. "Are you really mad I couldn't come over!? I said I was busy!" I argued, not raising my voice.

"Y'know," He shook his head, knitting his eyebrows together, "That's hard to believe when it seems like these days you hate being around me."

"Yea, because you keep snapping at every little thing I do!" I exclaimed, looking at him.

"I was gently voicing my opinion; So, so I can't do that anymore!?" He asked, leaning forward on his bent arms to look at me.

"You can! But every time I bring up an issue, you get mad and you shut down and this is what happens! We fight! You get cold, you dodge my hand, and you barely do the small things anymore!" I said, quietly, trying not to let the whole class know our issues.

We stared at each other, before I looked away, feeling myself get emotional the more we looked at each other. I was so tired of this constant uphill battle of arguing every day! We weren't like this, so why were we acting like we.. hated each other?

"Why does it keep..." Tori whined, tapping her phone before looked up. "Robbie, would you please unplug that cord, count to three, and then plug it back in?" She asked, gesturing to the cord plugged into the stage wall.

"Surely girly." He smiled, getting up. He placed Rex onto his chair before jogging over to the wall as Tori sent him a smile. "One I love grandma..." He kissed the plug, after pulling it out. "Two I love grandma..."

"Plug it in!" Jade shouted, making him plug the cord back in.

"Thanks." Tori said, her phone no longer making noise.

"Why's your phone all janked?" Andre asked.

She turned around in her seat, "You tell me! It should work fine."

"How many times have you dropped it in the toilet?"

"Only three!" She said, as I laughed 'Only'. She turned back around, "Anyway, now it won't stay charged. So, I have to keep it plugged in all the time." She explained, showing all the cords powering her phone.

"Just get a new phone." Beck said, as I nodded. That phone was losing battle.

"Don't give her advice." Jade sneered, making me look at her. I

"Jade—" Beck sighed, irritated.

"Stop." I said, looking at the both of them, "It's fine, Jade."

Tori sighed, "If I buy a new pear phone now, I have to get another GX, but people say the pear phone XT might come out next month." She smirked, pointing around.

"They announced it?" I asked, moving my leg to rest under my other leg.

"No, but they're supposed to tell us this week." She said, with a nod.

"So, you're waiting for the announcement of the announcement?" Rex asked, and Tori smiled and nodded. "Girl, you're better than that."

Cat shrugged, "Just buy another GX."

"Nooooo... if I buy the GX, then the new XT'll come out the next day and then I'll be stuck with a stupid GX while everybody else has the cool new XT." She whined, looking around the room.

"Hey if we're gonna keep talking about Tori's phone, could someone please take me to a car door, so I can slam my face in it?" Jade asked, sarcastically.

"I have a car." Beck spoke up, making Jade glare at him. Not only had things been tense between Beck and I... things had been tense between Beck and Jade, because of our relationship.

"Hey, I have an announcement." Sinjin said, after entering the room.

Tori stood up, "Is it about the new pear phone XT?!" She asked eagerly.

"No, sit down." He turned down, making her sit down. "You guys know that game show I invented? Queries for couples?" He asked, as I thought about it. I do remember him saying something about it last week.

"Queries?" Rex questioned.

"What about your game show?" Andre asked.

"Well, I met with the people from Gamegoober.com, and told them about the idea, and they wanna do it!" He grinned.

"Great, bye." Jade dismissed.

"Wait. I'm doing a rehearsal of the show tomorrow night for the guy who runs Game goober." He said.

"Harvey Goobenstein!?" Andre asked, furrowing his eyebrows.

"Yep! And I want all you guys to come." He looked at my friends and I, "Even Robbie."

Robbie grinned, nodding his head as I smiled and looked at Jade. "Oh wow." "Cool." "Awesome." "Thanks." "Yay." We murmured.

Sinjin smiled, "I'll text everyone the deets!" He exclaimed, before skipping towards the door and ruffing up Tori's hair. "La la la la la la la la! Hoo hoo!"

"Ohhhhh..." Tori whined, as her phone started to make noise again. She tapped on the screen, trying to make it stop as I covered my ears.

"Alright, I can't take that phone anymore." Jade said as I nodded.

"Will ya fix that chiz?!" Rex asked.

"Turn it off." "Really annoying." "I really don't wanna hear it." "It's ridiculous Tori." We murmured, as she looked at each of us.

"Okay, okay. Fine, I'll just unplug it!" She said begrudgingly as she pulled at the orange cord. She yanked the cord back, yanking Robbie's chair as well as the cord had been wrapped around the leg of the chair.

"Whhoaa!!" Robbie yelled as he and Rex got thrown out of his chair and onto the ground.

I let out a gasp, leaning forward, as he just laid there.

"Oh my God. Are you okay?!" Tori asked, leaning over him.

"Yeah," He grunted.

Tori glanced down at her phone, before looking back at him. "Would you plug it back in?" She asked, making him groan.

The next night, my friends and I were at Sinjin's game show, 'Queries for Couples' at studios in Northridge. The studio wasn't really what I was expecting, seeing as Harvey Goobenstein is like super rich, but everyone has to start somewhere. Other than that, from what I could see Sinjin's game show set actually looked really good and I was pretty excited to see how it would turn out. Andre, Tori and Cat sat just in one row above me, Beck, Jade and Robbie.

Sinjin walked out from the back, settling in front of the wall before clearing his throat. "Hello and welcome to Northridge." He greeted, causing 3 Northridge girls sitting at the end of the row to fan girl.

Rex chuckled, "Heh heh. M'girls." He said, as they leaned forward and waved and smiled at him. "Uh-huh." I rolled my eyes, looking at them as they smiled at a puppet.

"Thank you for being here at the first rehearsal of my very own game show, Queries for couples." He said, making the audience clap.

"Would you pass this down?" Tori asked Cat, holding the long orange extension cord she'd been carrying around. "I need to plug in my phone. Hi, little help?" She asked, as Beck yawned loudly and I looked at him.

"Little help? Help my friend Tori plug in her phone." Cat said softly, passing the extension cord down the row.

"Thanks, guys." Tori smiled.

"Um, before we start, I'd like to introduce the wonderful man who runs Gamegoober. Com... Mr. Harvey Goobenstein." Sinjin announced, motioning just behind us. We looked behind us, seeing Harvey rise up from his chair, wearily as we clapped for him. He waved his hand in the air as he rolled his eyes, sitting down.

"And now... it's time to play..." Sinjin smiled, pointing at the back of the room.

"Sinjin's game show!" Cat exclaimed.

"It's called Queries for Couples." He corrected her, monotone. "Wall!" He yelled as he raised his arm up. The wall behind him raised up, showing the 3 couples sitting in heart shaped booths. Oh my God, the one on the end kinda looks like Robbie... "Now let's meet our contestants." He said, standing beside the 1st booth. "Couple number one hails from Burbank, and...—"

"Hey! Hey ragtop!" Mr. Harvey Goobenstein hissed, striding down the stairs.

"Uh, e-excuse me for a moment." Sinjin said, as Harvey approached him.

"Hey Northridge!" Tori whispered loudly, "Would you just plug it into the wall there?" She asked, as the girl just held the cord in her hands. "Thanks." Tori replied, holding her hands up, as the girls stared at her.

"Some girls aren't so smart." Cat said, glancing at the Northridge girls.

"Uh huh..." Tori patted her shoulder, before her phone lit up. "Yay, my phone came on!" She exclaimed.

"Yay, my phone came on!"

"Awww man." Tori groaned, after the app on her phone repeated what she just said.

"Awww man."

"You got the talkin' Reggie app?" Andre asked, as Tori messed with her phone, trying to make it stop.

Tori scoffed, rolling her eyes. "Yes."

"Yes."

Jade looked behind her at Tori, "Turn it off!"

"Shut up!" Tori exclaimed, leaning towards her phone.

"Shut up!" Her phone repeated, before Tori jabbed her finger onto the screen, making Reggie growl. "Ooooch!"

"Okay..." Sinjin softly sighed, "Mr. Goobenstein feels that a game show should have better-looking contestants." He said, as my mouth dropped. That was so wrong!

"He's not wrong!" Jade shouted, tilting her head and smiling.

"So, I'm gonna say goodnight to you guys..." Sinjin looked at the couples in the booths, before waving his hand towards the exit. "Go on... Don't worry... It's nothing personal..." He said, as they walked passed him. "It's just your appearances. Now... uhhh..." He stammered, before laying his microphone on one of the booth seats and running towards us. "Will you guys please be my test couples?" He asked, looking between the 2 rows.

"But none of us are dating, except for Beck and Y/n." Tori pointed out, looking at Andre before gesturing to us. Were we though? Because being unhappy and fighting everyday isn't exactly my definition of 'dating'.

"That's okay. Will you guys do it?!" He asked, urgently as he looked at each of us.

"Well I—"

"Don't blow this for me, Tori!" He yelled as he placed his hands on her shoulders and shook her.

"Okay, it's time to play..." Sinjin said, raising his hand.

"Queries.. for couples." The audience dryly replied.

"Thaaat's right!" Sinjin grinned, before walking over to the side. "Live, from Northridge. It's: Queries for couples!"

"We're not really a couple." Tori said, pointing at Sinjin.

"Shush!" Sinjin exclaimed, looking at her as Robbie sunk down in his chair with a pout. He turned to the audience, "Now, say hello to our query girl, Trina Vega!" I furrowed my eyebrows, making eye contact with Tori. Of course Trina was the query girl, I would not expect anything else from my older sister.

The audience clapped as she twirled passed us and to Sinjin, settling beside him as she posed. "Hello Sinjin!" She greeted, smiling at the audience.

"You're not supposed to talk." He told her, leaning towards her ear.

"I'll talk if I wanna talk." She retorted, her smile not faltering once.

He looked at the audience, "..Okay! Let's take a look at our first query for couple number one." He said, walking to Andre and Cat's booth as Trina grabbed the pearpad from it's resting place on the heart-shaped screen stand. "Andre, Cat has bad breath."

Cat gasped, covering her mouth. Andre placed his hand on thigh, "It's just pretend." He reassured, making her laugh.

"Do you, A: Tell her she has bad breath; B, ignore it because you love her; Or C, dump her. Cat, go ahead and use your corded remote to secretly choose what you think Andre's answer should be." He explained, as she grabbed the remote and looked at him.

"Okay. Beeeee!" She exclaimed, pushing the button.

"Cat, you don't say it out loud." Jade said, from the audience. She did not wanna be here in the first place, and she definitely did not want to be apart of 'Sinjin's stupid game show'. Her words, not mine, so she was still sitting in the front row of the audience, manning our bags.

"That's okay. This is just a rehearsal." Sinjin sighed. "Andre, your answer."

Andre shrugged with his hands, looking up at Sinjin. "I'm gonna go with B." He said, making Cat's answer pop up on the screen on their booth.

"Yay!" She exclaimed, wrapping her arms around him.

"Easy, now. Don't start something you can't finish." He said, making her quietly gasp as she leaned them side to side.

"Okay. Our next query is for Tori and Robbie." Trina said, smiling.

"I say that." Sinjin glowered at Trina.

"Well, I should get to say something!" Trina replied.

"NO!" He yelled, making me laugh until Beck shushed me. "Now, let's look at our query for Tori and Robbie." Sinjin continued, as their question popped up on the screen. "Tori, Robbie has a pimple on his back that he can't reach."

"That has happened to me!" Robbie said, grinning widely as held the remote in both his hands.

"Not really my boyfriend!" Tori smiled, pointing at him.

"Do you, A: Take him to the doctor; B: wait for the pimple to explode on its own; Or C: pop it for him. Robbie, lock in the answer you think Tori will choose." Sinjin told him, as Trina raised her leg up, pointing at the screen with her heel.

"Hmmm. What will my girlfriend Tori say?" Robbie asked, rhetorically, grabbing her hand before she slapped his hand, snatching her own away. "Ah!" He exclaimed, before frowning and pushing one of the buttons on the remote.

"So Tori, what are we gonna do about that back zit?" Sinjin asked as Robbie scowled.

"Well, I think that I would choose A, take him to a doctor." Tori answered, patting Robbie's arm.

"And Robbie predicted you'd say..." Sinjin looked at the screen, watching options A and B get crossed out. "C, pop it for him." Ew!!

"Gross!" Tori grimaced, looking at him.

"My mom does it for me." Robbie defended.

"Well, maybe that's why she screams in her sleep!" Tori shrugged.

"And now for our final couple, Beck and Y/n." Sinjin said, as he walked over to our booth and the audience clapped. We waved, both forcing a smile. He leaned towards Beck, "Your query is...—" He smiled, as Tori's phone began to make the same noise again, interrupting him.

"Hello? Tori?" Mom said, as Tori fumbled with it.

"You're calling mom now?" I asked, leaning forward to look at her.

"No, I didn't even press answer." She said awkwardly, letting out a nervous laugh. "I'm sorry, my phone is very broken!" She said the audience before leaning away and talking into her phone. "Mom, I can't talk now!"

"Can you hear me?" Mom asked, most likely hearing nothing Tori just said.

"Hi, Mrs. Vega!" Robbie exclaimed, holding the phone before Tori pushed him away.

"Hello?! Toriii?"

"Turn it off!" Trina said, glancing at the audience.

"I'm pressing end call!" Tori whispered loudly, tapping on her phone.

"I can't hear you."

"Mom, just hang up!" Tori exclaimed.

"I'm at the drսgstore. Do you want me to buy you some more ointment...—" Mom asked, before Tori sat on her phone, mortified.

Sinjin leaned down towards her ear, "I have some ointment if you need it." He said as Tori winced.

"Please read the next query..." She replied, sheepishly.

"Okay." Sinjin smiled at the audience. "Beck and Y/n, your query is: A group of girls are touching on Beck—" I rolled my eyes, sighing loudly as I made eye contact with Jade. Not shying away from real life occurrences are we!? "Do you think Beck will, A: Flirt with them; B: Let them continue and choose to ignore it; Or C—"

Without even needing to know the last option, I clicked the button on our remote before placing it down, feeling Beck roll his eyes and look at me. "You didn't let him finish." He said irritated.

"And he didn't need to, I already had my answer." I replied, not looking at him.

"Guys." Sinjin said, trying to mediate.

Beck sighed, "We are trying to help our friend with his gameshow." He raised his voice, losing patience.

"And I answered the question!" I exclaimed, getting defensive as I turned my head towards him. I kinda just lost it there for a second, I just needed to be heard and I wasn't about to just sit and ignore what I had been feeling. I.. had done that for the last month, but.. at what cost? To know my boyfriend wasn't happy in our relationship? I know I'm not happy but to hear and say it aloud was entirely different thing. How was he unhappy when our issues started with him!

He pinched the bridge of his nose, letting out a sigh again. "You're really making this about that right now!?" He yelled.

"About what Beck!?" I yelled back, "That I don't feel secure enough in our own relationship to even consider the other option!?"

"H-how about we do another question, the dolphin one hm?" Trina asked, awkwardly smiling as she posed in front of the audience.

"I love dolphins! They eat fish and do tricks, and I saw one in a movie that solves crime." Cat said, as Beck and I stared at each other. I sighed, and looked forward, shaking my head. I didn't even want to be here anymore, I just wanted to go home..

"Oh, yeah! What was the name of that movie?" Robbie asked.

"Detective blowhole." Andre grinned.

"Oh, yeah!" Robbie laughed as I wiped a tear that fell down my cheek.

"I'm trying to ask Beck and Y/n a query!" Sinjin yelled, stopping their chatter. He sighed, before looking at us, "Beck, what would you do?" He asked, as I stared a hole into my shoes.

"Well, I like to think I would try to stop them but obviously my girlfriend knows better than I do." He answered, sarcastically, looking at me.

"Ah, seem like you guessed the last option which was C: Tell them to stop." Sinjin said, looking at the screen as it showed all the options. "And, Y/n predicted you'd say..." Sinjin's face fell, before he recomposed himself, "A: Flirt with them."

Beck shook his head, "How could you say that!?" He asked.

I looked at the ceiling before looking at him, "I answered the question how I though you would react which is, if I'm thinking correctly, YOU did actually!" I yelled.

He rolled his eyes, "I WAS JUST BEING FRIENDLY!" He shouted.

"Your always JUST being friendly. WHAT ELSE AM I SUPPOSED TO THINK!?" I asked, leaning forward.

"YOU COULD TRUST THAT I'M NOT FLIRTING. YOU KNOW I COULDN'T NEVER CHEAT ON YOU." He fired back, as my chest heaved and we stared at each other.

"WELL HOW CAN I KNOW THAT!?" I said, my voice cracking with pitifulness. "ALL WE DO IS GO BACK AND FORTH AND WE GET NO WHERE!" I shook my head.

"I'M NOT HAPPY WITH OUR RELATIONSHIP!" He blurted, the veins in his neck protruding as he yelled.

I quietly let out a gasp as I stared at him, barely letting out a whisper. "What?"

"WHAT!" Jade shouted, at the same time.

Sinjin stepped forward, stunned. "...We'll be right back with more of queries for couples." He cautioned, as Trina walked up beside him.

"Starring Trina!" She said into the microphone he held.

"Stop it!!!" He yelled.

"Hello? Tori?!" Mom said, "Do you want the ointment or the foam?" She asked as Tori grabbed her phone.

"Ointment!" She yelled, embarrassed. "Wait, they have foam?"

"I'm done talking about it." I whined, shaking my head, as he followed me towards Jade and Robbie's lockers.

"No, we're not." He said, making me groan as I turned around to look at him.

"Ahhh!" Sinjin yelled, falling onto the floor with his crunches as he tripped. "Robbie! Come drag me away!" He exclaimed, as Beck and I looked at them, "Ahhh!! Noo!"

I shook my head, grimacing at what I'd accidently had done, when Beck grabbed my hand. I looked at him, "I don't want to talk about it anymore if it's just going to end in a fight!" I semi-shouted as he pulled me across the hallway with no room for protest. "Beck!" I said, tugging on my hand as the warning bell rung. We hadn't held hands in almost 2 weeks, and now he was manhandling me.

He gently pushed me into the janitor's closet, his other hand messing with his hair as the door closed. "This is not fun."

"No, what's not fun is you freaking out what a game show has to say about our relationship!" I exclaimed, trying to make him see the irony of it. "What's not fun is you saying you're not happy with our relationship on air!"

He sighed, "I-i didn't mean it. It just came out." He shook his head, "If I could take it bac—"

"You said it and you meant it." I murmured, "Why do you care we were voted worst couple?" I asked, legitimately wanting know why it meant so much to him.

"It's a matter of—"

The door to the janitor's closet opened, Cat letting out a gasp as she saw us. "Is this a closet party?" She asked, as I looked up at the ceiling, sighing. "Look, I have spoons!" She said, holding her spoons up as she let the door close behind her.

"Cat, not right now.." I murmured, looking at the floor.

"Cat, come here." Beck said, bringing her further into the closet. She settled in-between us as I looked at Beck. Why did he tell her to come in here? "We need your opinion on something."

"On global warming?" She asked, facing him.

Beck furrowed his eyebrows, before shaking his head. "No."

"'Cuz I don't think that's really happening." She shook her head, as Beck touched his forehead in slight frustration.

"Cat..." He sighed, as she turned around to me.

"Seriously, I went to the movies the other night, and it was so cold!" She exclaimed, in her own little world as she touched my arm. She didn't need to be here for this.. She witnessed this enough at home.

"Cat!" Beck raised his voice as I looked at him, telling him to lower his voice.

She smiled, "Hi!"

"We need your opinion on us." He said, gesturing to the 2 of us, as Cat faced me.

I sighed, crossing my arms. "Why do you even need an opinion on us, why do you even care so much!?" I asked, looking at him.

He looked at Cat, ignoring what I just said. "Don't you think Y/n and I fight a lot now?" He asked softly, looking at her attentively.

"Sure." She shrugged.

My eyes shot to her, not knowing she had even noticed it. "Yeah, but all boyfriends and girlfriends fight sometimes, this is just our rough stage." I defended, looking between Beck and Cat.

"Well, sometimes, but...—"

I looked at Beck, "You're acting as if our whole relationship has been toxic!" I yelled, accidently scaring and cutting Cat off.

"Ah!" She squealed, jumping.

"I'm sorry!" I quickly apologized, looking at her as I winced.

Beck looked at me, "Let her talk!" He shouted, gesturing to Cat.

"You never listen to me talk!" I retorted, somehow making him roll his eyes. "You haven't been listening to me," I whined, "I matter, nothing else!" I said, my hand resting on my heart. He looked at the ceiling before turning away from me.

He wanted every other opinion but mine. He wanted to listen to everyone else except for me and what I had to say. I am his girlfriend! Why isn't he listening to the one person he is hurting! He couldn't listen to Jade, and he definitely didn't want her knowing. She and Tori were the only people who listened, that's why I found myself constantly telling them stuff I probably shouldn't. But if he wanted me to stop telling them things, he needed to stop letting them happen and actually listen to me!

"Can I go now?" Cat whimpered, grabbing onto my arm.

"What is your point here anyway, because I'm not seeing it!" I asked, unintentionally ignoring Cat.

"We were voted worst couple!" He said, "And the other two couples weren't even real couples!" He pointed out, as I started to see the tiniest of bit of reason why it meant so much to him. "And one had Robbie in it." He furrowed his eyebrows, adding.

"I thought this was a closet party." Cat softly said as she looked around and started to breath faster, making me look at her.

"Exactly! They are friends! So obviously they're not going to act like us! And plus, don't act like it wasn't bound to come out, game show or no game show!" I retorted.

"So, so you'd rather all of our business to come out on a game show, in front of all our friends and strangers!?" He asked.

"I'm under my bed, I'm under my bed, I'm under my bed." Cat chanted, as she closed her eyes and covered her ears.

"No! But you want me to ignore it!" I shouted, shaking my head.

"Wha—" He gasped, looking around, "Who said— What do you think we have been fighting about Y/n!?" He yelled, before looking at Cat, "Did I ever tell her to ignore anything!?" He asked, gesturing to me.

Cat shook her head, wheezing for air as she looked at the floor.

"No, Cat thinks we're a perfect couple!" I said, watching as she panted for air.

"Cat, are Y/n and I a perfect couple?!" Beck shouted.

"Don't answer that, you can clearly see she doesn't want to be here!" I exclaimed, pulling her closer towards me.

"Answer it!" He yelled, as I glared at him.

"Are you even listening to me!?" I asked, almost desperately. "Look at her!" I gestured to her as she clinged to my arm, before turning to her. "Go to the nurse Connor's office kitty Cat." I said softly, leading her to the door. "Go! Breath in and out." I instructed, as Beck rubbed his forehead, looking at her apologetically. She nodded, as I closed the door, before sighing and shaking my head. "We can't keep doing this.." I mumbled, not looking at him as I wrapped my arms around myself.

"Yeah, I know!" He yelled, before closing his eyes and letting out a hard sigh. "I-I know, look, I-i'm sorry." He apologized, shaking his head. "It's just, I'm so tired of the constant fights, everyday!" He said slowly, "It's not fun!" He exclaimed, shaking his head.

"So, what are you saying?" I asked, getting a little defensive.

He stared at me as he rubbed his jaw, before replying. "I would like to have a girlfriend I can talk to without it turning into a screaming match. A-and a girlfriend who doesn't involve her bestfriend everything! You tell her everything! To the point where she feels like she can have a say in our relationship! You listen to her, you even bring issues to her before me!"

"You know, maybe I wouldn't have to do that, if I had a boyfriend cared more about what a game show has to say about our relationship, than I do!" I fired back, feeling as if he had stricken a nerve and I had just had to get him back, like he had done so many other times. We stared at each other, for the longest time as silence began to settle around us, knowing we had done this, again and again, almost everyday... for the last month.

"How many times, are we going to do this." Beck sighed, shaking his head tiredly. "What are we even fighting about anymore." He asked, pitifully shrugging his arms as he sent me a glance.

"I don't know," I sniffled, "I'm tired of figh-hting." I muttered, wiping the tears that had fallen as we stared at floor, instead of each other.

He stared at me, silence deafening the small room. "Come here..." He whispered, outstretching his arms. I wrapped my arms around him as he brought me to his chest, feeling myself began to cry at whatever brutal place we were at. I just wanted this to be over, I wanted us to be happy again! "Me too.." He sighed, quietly, his chin resting just above my head.

He sniffled, raising an arm up to wipe his eye before clearing his throat. I cried into his chest, until I felt okay, before forcing myself to pull away, as Beck hadn't quite let go yet. He looked at me, as I sighed, "I-I'm going to go to class..." I mumbled, opening the door as I didn't have it in me to look at him or even wait for he had to say.

He followed behind me as I left through the closet's door, "..Same." I heard him say, as I already had been walking down the hall.

I was scared... I had no idea if we were going to make it out of this one this time.

The final bell ringed as I made my way to my AP Chemistry class. My eyes were red and puffy, I had a headache and I was pretty sure I looked terrible. I grabbed my phone from my back pocket, bringing it up to my face to see how I looked.

"Doll?" A voice said, and I could recognize that voice anywhere.

I sniffled, wiping under my eye as I turned away from him. "Hm?" I asked, before looking at him.

"I hope you aren't trying to make me think I didn't just see you crying. I'm not that up in age." He said softly, as I stared at the floor.

I sighed, "I'm fine. I-it um.." I shook my head, stammering. "It was for a role." I nodded, convincingly.

"Mmm." He slowly nodded, walking closer. "This doesn't have anything to do with you and Beck clashing, does it?" He asked, looking at me intently.

My head whipped up to him, "How—"

"I see it, sweetheart." He answered, quietly. "I see it at lunch, in the hallways, in your mood. You're not happy." He said.

I rolled my eyes, letting out a pathetic laugh. "So, everyone knows." I sighed, "I'm not happy... and that scares me." I murmured, "Because I think it's over." I cried.

"Then you find your way back to each other..." He said, "Sometimes in order for things to work the way they need to, we need to take a step back and just let it happen, to find our way back to that person. You and Beck have been going out for 4 years." He enunciated, "That's a long time.." He cooed softly. "I believe you and Beck will find each other again, whether it's today, next month... Next year." He said, with a shrug. "Or even in some years."

I shook my head, "I don't want to have to find our way back to each other.

"I know, I know." He nodded, as I hugged him. "I don't know what happened, who blames who or who is in the wrong, if anyone is in the wrong. But these things happen.. so you can grow, so Beck can grow as a person, and your relationship can grow. It'll be okay, I know it will. You'll be happy again, with, or without him. And he will be happy, with or without you. It's going to be okay." He reassured, lighting kissing the top of my head.

"I don't want him to be happy without me..." I whimpered, shaking my head as I wiped my eyes.

He chuckled, "Go wash your face." He said, as I let out a laugh too. He patted my arm as I nodded, breaking out of the hug. "You're already late for class I assume." He gave me a pointed look. I sniffled, nodding. "It'll be okay."

Cat, Andre, Trina, Tori and Robbie held their cards close to them, squinting their eyes at each other as they sat at the silent card table. "I'll call it." Andre said, breaking the silence as he tossed 2 red chips onto the middle of the table.

"...Full boat," Trina smirked, "Jacks over queens. I win!" She exclaimed, placing her cards down.

"Boo!" Robbie shouted playfully, as everyone slammed their cards down.

"C'mon now!" Andre said, watching Trina pull the chips towards her.

"Ah, don't hate me 'cuz I'm lucky and pretty." Trina remarked, grinning.

"Then can we hate you 'cuz you're conceited and untalented?" Rex jeered, as Robbie laughed to himself, looking at Trina. She looked up, rolling her eyes before glaring at him.

"You guys, I feel bad that we didn't invite Beck to play cards with us." Tori whined, messing with some of the chips.

Andre removed the lollipop from his mouth, "You invite Beck, and you get Y/n and him going at it."

"And they're always fighting." Cat added.

"I don't wanna be sitting here playing cards while they scream at each other." Robbie said, shrugging his shoulders.

"Yeah.." Andre sighed, "They have been fighting a lot lately." He pointed out, as I came down the stairs, holding my phone that kept going off with Beck's text messages every 4-5 minutes. They looked up, exchanging glances, knowing I had heard some of what they were talking about. "...All right ladies... Are we gonna chitchat or play some cards?" Andre asked, as he turned back around, changing the subject. Jade was coming over, so I just decided to wait downstairs for her as she said she was almost here.

"Cards!" Cat exclaimed, as I laid down on the couch, semi-laying down and grabbed the remote, turning the TV on.

"Let's play." "Deal 'em." "Let's do it." They murmured in response, before Tori's phone went off. "Oh, wait, one sec..." She said, looking at the caller ID before putting her phone up to her ear. "Hellooooooooo-woooooaaahhhhhh!!!" She exclaimed, getting electrocuted by her phone before she dropped it onto the table.

"Wow!" Trina said, looking between Tori and the phone as she caught her breath.

"...Who was it?" Cat asked, as I watched them from the couch.

"I don't know," She whimpered, shaking her head. "I was too busy being electrocuted to hear!" She looked at Robbie.

"The worst those batteries could give you is a mild shock." He dismissed, making Tori grab her phone and place it on his crotch.

"AHHHH!" He yelled, as he aggressively shook, his eyes wide. "Take it away! Take it away! Take it away!" He screamed, making Tori put her phone on the battery card he had made her. Yeah.. Robbie wasn't going to be peeing straight for some days...

"Just buy yourself another pear phone GX." Andre said, as my phone vibrated again. I picked it up, checking who it was. Beck, again.

"No!" Tori whined, "If I buy another GX... They're gonna announce the XT the next day and then everyone will have a new XT, and I'll be stuck with a stupid GX!" She ranted, as Cat, Andre, Trina and Robbie all joined her.

"Man, I'm so sick of hearing that." Rex grumbled.

"Well, there's no need for you guys to mock me simultaneously!" Tori said, leaning forward. I continued to mindlessly skip through the channels, not finding anything interesting to watch.. or get my mind off of Beck.

"Is it my turn to deal?" Cat asked Andre.

"Yup, do it." He said, placing the cards in front of her.

"Okay, look... My Uncle Duke taught me how to shuffle cards with one hand. Ready?" She smiled, gathering the cards in one of her hands. "Look-it... Schlamozzle!" She exclaimed, flicking the cards everywhere as I watched. They stared at the cards as she smiled, and the door bell ringed.

"I got it." I said, getting up from the couch as I was the closet to the front door. The doorbell ringed again, as I pulled down the sleeves of my sweater before opening the door.

"Have you not been getting my texts?" He asked, raising his phone up as Jade stood beside him, looking behind me. "And why haven't you been responding?" Why was he here? I glanced behind him, seeing both Beck and Jade's cars in our driveway. I didn't even know he was coming over.

"Beck..." I sighed, shaking my head as I turned around. "Stop texting me while your driving." I scolded, as he walked into the house.

"What are you guys doing here?" Jade asked, as she crossed her arms and looked at Cat, Andre, Trina, Tori and Robbie.

"No one told me it was game night," Beck said, putting his phone in his back pocket as he glanced at me.

"Listen, I am sorry that we didn't invite you guys to play but...uh—" Tori stammered, as she walked over."

Beck nodded, looking at me. "Tell me why you didn't invite us to play." He said, looking around at our friends, before stopping on me. He already knew the answer, he was just trying to prove a point I already knew.

"Well... 'Cuz... we were... Planning your surprise party?" Tori stuttered, looking at him with a forced grin. I shook my head, closing my eyes. We were in February! Beck's birthday is in September!

"Alright!" Andre exclaimed, getting out his chair. "We didn't invite you to play because you two are always screamin' at each other! And it makes everybody feel awkward. And makes Cat cry and sometimes Robbie!" He shouted, pointing at Robbie.

Robbie quietly gasped, holding up his hand. "One time!" He said, "I cried one time!"

"Six." Rex corrected him, as Robbie looked at Beck and I.

"Six times!" He said, as I sighed.

"See?" Beck said, gesturing to our friends as he stalked towards them. "We fight so much, even our friends don't want us in the same room! Y-you don't even want to be in the same room as me!"

"I never said that! But it's hard to when all we do is snap at each other or ignore each other! Or YOU shut down!" I exclaimed.

"You admitted it to me yesterday! I am not the only one to blame here, I—" He said before he just stopped talking, letting out a sigh. "Look, I don't wanna be your boyfriend if we're just gonna fight all the time." He shrugged, furrowing his eyebrows as he looked at me.

"We haven't been fighting all the time Beck!" I yelled, "So, you want to break up because of some fights and a game show!?"

"That said you two were the worst couple." Rex jested.

"Shut up Rex!" I exclaimed.

"No, I-i didn't say that! I'm just saying—"

"You guys might break up?" Trina asked, looking at Beck as she stepped forward. "Because I'm not dating anyone, and I've always thought that Beck and I would make the.. perfect...—" Trina said as I grabbed a pillow from the couch, throwing it at her face.

"Next time it's a hammer!" Jade yelled. "You should've been the one to do that Beck. Not me!" She said, glaring at him.

"No, see this is what I'm talking about.." He sighed, gesturing to Jade. "It's like I am in a relationship with you AND her! I have to go through Jade just to get to you!" He yelled tiredly, the veins popping from his neck.

I sighed, "Y'know, I want a boyfriend who actually listens! Maybe then I wouldn't feel the need to tell her everything just to get my feelings heard and actually get something back!" I yelled.

"I would like to have a girlfriend I can know won't think I'm cheating on her! That whole argument is what got us here in the first place!"

"I never touch them!" He yelled, messing with his hair. "I was being NICE!" He said, over it.

"Beck, you give an inch, they take a mile!" I stressed.

"Then let them! You are the one I want! Why can't you see that!?" He shouted, trying so hard to make me believe that.

"Because It's how you deal with it, you don't do anything!" I whined.

"What!?" He exclaimed, looking at me with wide eyes. "I always—"

"No! No you don't! They touch you, they flirt with you, they talk to you! And where does that leave us? Leave me!? For you to reassure me in private that I am the only girl, that you're mine!? THEY DON'T SEE THAT!" I cried. "They see how you push me aside, how you awkwardly laugh, how I have to say something in order for THEM to stop touching you!" I yelled, pushing my finger into his chest. I stared at him, waiting for him to fight me, for him to gaslit me or switch the fight onto me and what I've done but all he did was stare at me, the room dead silent.

"Hey..." Tori murmured, as she walked in between us. "What if.. you guys just played cards with us? Y/n?" She shrugged, with an anxious smile as she looked between us. Beck and I said nothing, never taking our eyes off each other. I felt my heartbeat fast as my chest heaved up and down.

I looked at the floor, messing with my fingers before letting out a quiet sigh. "I'm going back up to my room, because I don't feel like you're listening to me." I whispered, before walking towards the staircase and up the steps.

"I'm tired of this," He said, his tone sounding exhausted as he shrugged, and gestured to the space between us. "I-i'm tired of fighting." I stopped at his words, something in me, telling— no screaming at me, the sentence he had just uttered, was different from all the others.

"So, what, you wanna break up with her because of a few fights?" Jade asked, "Grow up, Beck." She spat, rolling her eyes.

"Stay out of this Jade." He raised his voice

"...Do you?" I asked, quietly, getting no response from him as he stared at the floor, "Beck answer me, do you?!" I asked, starting to cry.

"I-i don't know!" He shrugged, shaking his head slightly as he looked at me.

Jade stared at me for a long time, before looking at Beck. "Okay." She said, nodding. "Just hear me out." She sighed, holding her hand out as Beck opened his mouth to speak. "Beck you're going to walk out that door...and I'm gonna count to ten."

"Don't forget three!" Cat said, making Jade look at her as I continued to look at Beck as he stared at the floor. "Some people forget it." She reasoned.

"If I make it to ten and you or Y/n hasn't opened that door..." She looked at the both of us, "You're over." She gave Beck and I pointed look, "Good?" She asked and I looked at Beck, finding his eyes already on me.

We started to nod at the same time, as Trina began to creep up behind him. "I would never fight with you." She said quietly, touching his arm. He janked his arm away, looking at her with a glare. He then glanced at me as he made himself walk towards the front door. He grabbed the knob, and twisted it, before disappearing behind the door.

"One!" Jade started counting down, as I casted a look at our friends, just watching. He had given up... he couldn't even make up his mind if he wanted to break up or not. "Two... three..." She continued, making Cat clap when she hadn't forgotten 3. I let out a anxious breath, skipping down the steps before stopping just in between the couches.

But I, was no better. I purposely just stopped; I didn't want to talk about it anymore. Because look at what it was doing to us, every... time... we fought.

"Four... five... six!" She yelled, as I stared at the door with bated breath, slowly stepping forward. I wanted so bad to just open up that door, to think things were okay, that we were okay, that we were happy. "Seven... Eight..." Jade said, as I looked at her, her eyes watching me as I placed my hand on the doorknob.

But we weren't.

"Nine..." She shouted, her voice shaky as Tori and Cat looked at each other. "Ten!" She yelled and I sucked in a breath, clasping my hand over my mouth as the only thing I could look at, was the doorknob.

And I felt more alone and more unhappy than I did.. when we were together.

The room was silent, all for the car door of Beck's car slamming close before he turned on his car's engine... and drove away. Slowly, I turned around, my eyes finding Tori's as she stood beside Andre, Jade and Cat, looking at me as I broke down crying. She shook her head, walking towards me just as fast, wrapping her arms around me and letting me cry into her shoulder.

I looked up, wiping my face as more tears strolled down my cheeks, looking at Andre and Robbie. "Andre.. R-robbie do you guys.. um, mind checking on.. him before you go home." I said, "...I-i don't feel right knowing I have you all here while.. he's all alone." I explained, as they nodded, glancing at each other.

"Yeah, for sure." Andre said, rubbing my back.

"Definitely." Robbie nodded.

"Y-you know guys, I don't really feel like playing anymore." Tori said, as we pulled apart.

"I'll clean up the cards." Cat replied, walking towards the table as she looked at me.

"Make sure you get all fifty-two." Andre told her, as she started picking them up.

"Kay-kay." She nodded, "One... two... four... five... Six... seven... eight... Nine... ten... eleven..."

The next day, Jade and Y/n were walking towards Jade's locker. Y/n let out a sigh as she people watched, feeling at her absolute worse. She couldn't recall one time she wasn't either crying or sleeping last night after everyone left and she had crawled into her parent's bed to sleep with them. 

As she continued to look around, her eyes fell on Beck as he tiredly walked towards his locker and messed with disheveled hair. He looked worn out and he wasn't dressed to his best. But neither was her, so she really couldn't talk. Her eyes were bloodshot, and she barely got out of her mom and dad's bed before throwing something on. 

As Beck stood up from putting his flannel in his locker, he dug in his bag, before looking around the hallway, as if he was looking for someone. His eyes found hers, both of their eyes slightly widening at the look of both of them before their eyes trailed down to their hands.

Neither of them were wearing their promise rings. 

His eyes were as equally bloodshot as hers, he had dark circles under his eyes, and he had to force himself to get out of his bed. 

They looked away at the same time, before going to their shared class as the warning bell ringed. 

"Hey, you guys..." Cat said, after stopping on one of the steps in the hallway and seeing Beck and Y/n walk the opposite ways of each other. Tori, Robbie and Andre looked at her, stopping their conversation. "Did you see Y/n and Beck's profiles on The Slap?" She asked, holding her phone out. 

"I did." Robbie nodded, somberly. 

"Yup." Andre murmured as Tori glanced at them, before walking closer to Cat to look.

"What do they say?" She asked.

"Not in a relationship." Andre lightly shrugged, as he shook his head.

~

I had so much FUN writing this chapter!! I got a little carried away with the heaviness and I'm sorry if it wasn't what you were expecting but my reason being is below. I have SO many things (fluff, mutual pinning, idiots in love, OH AND CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT) planned for the next like 5 chapter so stay tuned. Happy Halloween!!

A little analysis on what I was thinking while writing and planning their breakup (TW: ANGST, please don't read this if this chapter was too realistic for you):

I wanted the blame to be equal on both parts.... but that obviously did not happen. I feel like the girl issue in their relationship had been stemming for a long time, even in the show with Beck and Jade, so there was no way around it unless I wanted to ignore it. I kept trying to come up with reasons they could be fighting because of Y/n and not just Beck's actions but every time it just led it back to Beck's actions. I wanted to make it seem like Y/n was trying to resolve everything, by trying to communicate and not have it led to a fight until she just had enough and literally blurted out her feelings in a way that would definitely get Beck's attention, without knowing it would backfire with Beck, also blurting, how he felt. I think what she was saying was a little too real for him, and like a mirror so to mask everything she said and had been saying, he just blurted his feelings. Also, in Y/n constantly bringing it up; she never wanted to break up, but instead wanted to resolve it as I said earlier, until it was getting too close to the reality of breaking up, so she distances herself, she kinda shuts down and doesn't want to talk about it anymore. So, she doesn't open that door. Because she knows it's getting worse and worse, and that how Beck is treating her isn't right. It's not the Beck she's fallen in love with. In distancing herself, and shutting down, she's checked out because deep down she knows it's over.

But with Beck, I felt like at one point, he actually didn't see what the girls were doing, and in that, he didn't see what he was doing by talking to them and not telling them to stop. Also, I do want to say, I do feel like I have written him, in a way, to be paralyzed when it comes to girls touching him. Like he hates it, he just can't speak up for himself because Y/n has been there to do it - and subconsciously, he likes it. He likes the attention, because he knows he has Y/n, an because of that, he knows she will always be there, so he basks in those girl's attention. I do feel like as their arguments went on, he started to see and realize what he was doing, just not the full extent of it, because he couldn't bear listening to her whenever she brought it up. But he also wanted to know why, even when she is spilling her guts, he just can't seem to understand what their big problem is, until he sees it so clear, that it hurts him to know HE has been hurting her and that's how his actions have made her feel. So, he sees what he is doing, he sees that they are both unhappy, he sees that his actions are causing fighting and are making her unhappy, so he does the opposite of what she does. He ends it because a breakup in his mind, is better than what he has been doing to her, constantly. he doesn't open that door.

I don't wanna put ALL the blame on Beck, because basically inviting someone, and someone like Jade into your relationship, as if they ARE the 3rd person in the relationship, isn't right. I get telling her everything but, it got to the point where Jade was ALL in their relationship (And I don't know if I showed that good enough), but you could see it in the way she even determined if and how they were going to breakup. 

But all of this, makes for character development that the show desperately needed. Especially canon Beck and Jade.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39K 859 28
Beck and Jade from Victorious behind the scenes! Including some Bade oneshots! *EPISODES ARE LIKELY NOT IN ORDER* I don't own the characters or Vict...
985K 13.2K 49
Hello. So I began this book way back in 2015. As I've written, my views and writing styles has changed so the most recent chapters are better and mor...
106K 2.6K 26
"I.. I just need to escape all this." I said. "But what if Jade is the escape you need?" Y/N is finally ready to build new relationships after her br...
566K 10.5K 74
"๐“จ๐“ธ๐“พ ๐“ช๐“ป๐“ฎ ๐“ถ๐”‚ ๐“™๐“พ๐“ต๐“ฒ๐“ฎ๐“ฝ, ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ญ ๐“˜ ๐”€๐“ฒ๐“ต๐“ต ๐“ช๐“ต๐”€๐“ช๐”‚๐“ผ ๐“ซ๐“ฎ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป ๐“ก๐“ธ๐“ถ๐“ฎ๐“ธ." "๐“˜ ๐“ด๐“ท๐“ธ๐”€ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ'๐“ป๐“ฎ ๐“ฝ๐“ป๐”‚๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ ๐“ฝ๐“ธ ๐“ซ๐“ฎ ๐“ป๐“ธ๐“ถ๐“ช...