The Protogen's Pet

By itsyoboijigglyjoshXD

Life was normal. Key word, WAS. Alien creatures known as "protogen" invaded Earth, killing and capturing huma... More

Introduction
Chapter 1 - An oRdInArY Day
Chapter 2 - A Different Point of View
Chapter 3 - Adoption
Chapter 4 - Reunion
Chapter 6 - Executing and Planning
Chapter 7 - Unexpected Visitor
Chapter 8 - Issues
Chapter 9 - Losing Something Important
Chapter 10 - Vengeance Motivation
Chapter 11 - Stolen
Chapter 12 - Back to Square 1
Chapter 13 - Going Places
Chapter 14 - Attacks From Opposite Sides
Chapter 15 - Sigh
Chapter 16 - Choice
Status Update
Chapter 17 - Anxieties
Chapter 18 - All for him
Chapter 19 - Outfits and Sewers
Chapter 20 - Thinking Forward
Chapter 21 - I Can't Think Of A Title
Chapter 22 - Searching Answers
Chapter 23 - True Intentions
Chapter 24 - Struggling
Chapter 25 - Marks
Chapter 26 - Returning
Chapter 27 - Take a Break
Chapter 28 - Free Time
Zircon FTE I
A Transition
Maya FTE I
Another Transition
Jacko FTE I
Chapter 29 - Falling Out
Chapter 30 - Cheering Up

Chapter 5 - Big Apartment

1.7K 23 1
By itsyoboijigglyjoshXD

Matthew P.O.V.

You hear something open, then close. Zircon lifts his paw from your eyes, finally allowing you to see.

The inside of their base is...rather clean actually. The room is a large circle, with a few benches with other creatures sitting on, talking to each other. Still carrying you, Zircon enters an elevator, along with Jacko.

Going up, you reach a hallway. After walking around a while, Zircon stops at a door, waves goodbye to Jacko, and opens it.

Zircon: Welcome to your new home, Matthew!

The interior was like...an ordinary house. You could see a kitchen and a living room...

Zircon plops you down, and locks the door behind him.

Zircon: It's alright, my pet, you have unrestricted access in my apartment.

Apartment!? This looks like a house!

Zircon: I can see you're in awe of my abode, pumpkin. I knew you'd love it here!~

Matthew: ...

Zircon: Is something the matter?

Matthew: Ah, um...!

Zircon: Don't worry, I do everything around here. Cook, clean, and all you have to do is obey. Isn't that just wonderful?~

Matthew: W-Why did...uh well...

Zircon: Go on, ask away. I'm sure your little head is buzzing with questions.

Matthew: Why do you want me...as a...p-pet, exactly?

Zircon: Because you're the most adorable thing! So small, so cute! I just need you, okay?

Matthew: Oka-ay...um...what a-are you...not to be rude-

Zircon: We're protogen! 60% organic and 40% machine! 

Matthew: I s-see...

Zircon: I can see your knees shaking, peanut. Try to calm down, you're safe here.

Matthew: Sorry...

Zircon: Don't apologize! It's not your fault, you're still getting accustomed to your new living situation.

Matthew: Alright...why did you...

You stop midway, afraid of what you were about to ask. Why did they kill everyone? Why slaughter so many people...?

Zircon: Why did I what?

Matthew: Nothing...nothing at all...

Zircon: I can tell you're lying, y'know.

Matthew: It's nothing interesting...really, nothing noteworthy.

Zircon: ...You'll ask me another time, alright?

Matthew: ...fine...

Zircon: Anyway, do you want to play a card game? I'd love to learn how to play Uno. Do you know how to play?

Matthew: I do...

Zircon: Great! Please explain to me, so we can start!

You explain the rules to him, and both sit down and start playing.

Matthew: That card doesn't match.

Zircon: Yes it does! They're both 6!

Matthew: You placed a 9 on a 6, so it's not the same.

Zircon: Really? How can you tell the difference?

Matthew: There's a line to show where the base of the number is.

Zircon: Oh, so THAT'S what that was supposed to be. I thought it was just a design choice.

8 minutes later

Zircon won, with you having 6 cards left.

Zircon: That was so much fun! Do you want to play again?

Matthew: Sure, if that's okay with you...

Zircon: Oh no no no, you get to decide. We can play something else if you so wish, or not.

Matthew: Let's stick with Uno.

Zircon: Yay!~

You play 3 more rounds, with you only winning at the last round.

Zircon: Only one card left! Oh well, it was fun nonetheless! How about we draw together!

Matthew: Draw...?

Zircon: Yeah, let's draw each other! I'll draw you, and you draw me!

He gets up, and opens a drawer, taking out 2 sheets of paper and colored markers. He hands you a sheet, and puts the markers in between you 2.

Hm, a drawing of Zircon... You take a black marker and glance up at him. He's staring at you again, and you see that behind him, his tail is wagging like a dog.

After a while, you finish your drawing.

Zircon: My oh my, you draw so well! My pet is so talented! Do you want to see mine?

Matthew: Okay, sure.

Zircon: What do you think?~

Matthew: Oh it's, um...well...I like it!

Oh god it was so obvious that you thought the words were a bit weird he's gonna-

Zircon: Yippee, you like it! I'm so happy!

Phew, he somehow didn't notice.

Zircon: I'm so glad you're getting used to it here, I was sorta worried you'd be scared or uncomfortable, but you seem to be doing fine!

Um, no? You were not comfortable. Well, not saying you WEREN'T uncomfortable, just...scared. Despite everything, you'e still scared. What if you screw something up and he kills you? If you do something wrong, and he gets angry. What if he-

Speaker: Attention all protogens of this base! It has come to our attention that a group of humans is still at large, and they're dangerous. Find them and exterminate them. Thank you for your attention. 

Zircon: That's my cue to leave. You can't come with me though, it won't be safe for you. So stay here. If you're ever hungry, eat something from the kitchen. You can sleep anywhere too. 

Zircon then grabs a sticky note of the table, and writes something using the marker. Then he places it on your forehead. 

Matthew: Um, what does it s-say...?

Zircon: It says "Mine -Z1R60N" By the unlikely chance that someone comes in here, they'll know that you're mine, and the will not hurt you. If they're a protogen that is, if a human came here, then...I...well, let's just hope that never happens.

He gives you a big hug, and he walks out, locking the door.

Now you're all alone. All alone...what to do? Wait a minute, all alone! You can get out of here!

You try the front door, but it won't budge, no matter what you do. You try the window, but it's wielded shut too. Maybe you can break it. As you search for something to smash the window with, you stop. Should you really escape?

You don't want to be his pet, that's for sure. But from what he said earlier, the world is...not the same anymore. And from the speaker, a group of people on the loose. JUST a group of people? Then very few survived. But Zircon's protection has kept you safe, that's why you're still alive at all.

You look out the window. The coast is clear, you could make a sneaky get-away. But the window shattering would make a big sound, and alert other protogen. Gah, what do you do?

.........Stay put.

Someone will rescue you, the military or police! If they come here, they can help you safely! Or a rescue team, or, or...someone...

Going out right now is too risky, and you don't think you're fast enough to outrun these creatures. You explore his "apartment" and find a bedroom, bathroom, supply closet, dining room, and library.

You sit on the bed. It's softer than you thought, and before you knew it, you were laying down. After all that has happened, you feel exhausted. From fearing for your life in a janitor's closet, to playing games with an alien creature, you desperately need some rest.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3K 17 14
A one out of an infinitesimal chance and you just so happen to be at the right place and right time.
6.7K 45 14
A sequel to Love a Machine - A Protogen X Male Reader Book, our duo Y/N and Sky have successfully defeated their rivals and are safe back home. With...
57.4K 617 31
What happens when a Protogen and a Human meet for the first time? Apparently, quite a lot. Find out what happens in A Protogen's Misadventures. Credi...
22.1K 193 16
Welcome to Y/N's life. He'd just lost his girlfriend and is forced to spend the rest of his summer, alone. But when coming across a mysterious being...