The Protogen's Pet

By itsyoboijigglyjoshXD

Life was normal. Key word, WAS. Alien creatures known as "protogen" invaded Earth, killing and capturing huma... More

Introduction
Chapter 1 - An oRdInArY Day
Chapter 2 - A Different Point of View
Chapter 3 - Adoption
Chapter 5 - Big Apartment
Chapter 6 - Executing and Planning
Chapter 7 - Unexpected Visitor
Chapter 8 - Issues
Chapter 9 - Losing Something Important
Chapter 10 - Vengeance Motivation
Chapter 11 - Stolen
Chapter 12 - Back to Square 1
Chapter 13 - Going Places
Chapter 14 - Attacks From Opposite Sides
Chapter 15 - Sigh
Chapter 16 - Choice
Status Update
Chapter 17 - Anxieties
Chapter 18 - All for him
Chapter 19 - Outfits and Sewers
Chapter 20 - Thinking Forward
Chapter 21 - I Can't Think Of A Title
Chapter 22 - Searching Answers
Chapter 23 - True Intentions
Chapter 24 - Struggling
Chapter 25 - Marks
Chapter 26 - Returning
Chapter 27 - Take a Break
Chapter 28 - Free Time
Zircon FTE I
A Transition
Maya FTE I
Another Transition
Jacko FTE I
Chapter 29 - Falling Out
Chapter 30 - Cheering Up

Chapter 4 - Reunion

1.8K 21 8
By itsyoboijigglyjoshXD

Kayla P.O.V.

Things weren't going that well. We managed to pick up one of Bryan's friends, Fredrick, but the rest were...dead, those monsters got there before us. 

Kayla: So with only 3 of us, what do we do now?

Fredrick: I dunno, why are you asking me?

Kayla: I don't see YOU doing much.

Fredrick: I brought a supply of food!

Kayla: You brought 3 boxes full of marshmallows.

Fredrick: We'll never go hungry again!

Kayla: But we may not need it! If the police or government-

Fredrick: I don't think that's an option. Just before the internet got cut out, I heard that the whole military went on the offense with all their units and attacked those creatures. And look, those creatures are still here, and not a single officer in sight. What do you think they did to the military, hm?

Kayla: So the government isn't an option, that stinks. But where are we driving exactly?

Bryan: No clue, I'm just going somewhere not infested with those things.

Kayla: Are you-well okay, we should-

Bryan: Hang on, is that...a person?

Looking out the window, I see an actual breathing person. This girl looked to be around 18 - 20 years old. The car slows down, and we go out.

Bryan: Hey, who are you?

???: I found survivors, thank goodness! Let's get in your truck, and follow my directions when driving. I know a safe place.

Kayla: *whisper* Should we trust her? 

Fredrick: *whisper* Not like we have a choice. We'll just be sitting ducks in that truck if we go to who knows where.

We all went back in the truck, and Bryan went the direction the strange girl indicated along the way.

10 minutes later

We're near the forest. We got out and followed the girl, all of us bringing supplies, heading into the forest.

Kayla: What's your name? I don't just want to call you "girl" all the time.

Tricky: Of course! Sorry, must have sounded pretty shady. I'm Tricky.

Kayla: Well I'm Kayla, and this here is Bryan and Fredrick!

Tricky: Nice names. Well, we're here.

In front of us, was a cave. Entering, we saw other people!

Tricky: I found more people!

???: Great! The more the merrier!

Jonathan: Finally, it was starting to get boring!

Kayla: Wait a minute, Jonathan!?

Jonathan: Kayla!? What are you doing here!?

Kayla: Um, I don't know really...

Bryan: Who is this guy?

Kayla: Big jerk back in school.

Bryan: Ah, I see.

Jonathan: I can hear you y'know!?

Kayla: Whoops...

Jonathan: Anyway, let's put all that aside for now. We have more pressing matters to deal with! We have to sort out this world-wide alien invasion.

Fredrick: World-wide!? I didn't know it was that big!

Jonathan: Well, I was talking to my cousin who lives in another country, when I heard that he got attacked.

Kayla: So now what? What is a group of 8 people gonna do against this whole...mess!?

Jonathan: We could to an attack on one of their bases. With you guys, it could actually go smoothly.

Fredrick: How are we gonna destroy an entire base?

Jonathan: With explosions, duh? With the dynamite here, we can set a timer, the BOOM!

Kayla: Where did you get DYNAMITE!?

Jonathan: My dad keeps a bunch of weapons locked in the basement. So I just stole the key, but dad took all the guns, these explosives are what was left.

Kayla: And what's destroying ONE base gonna do!? 

Jonathan: When we sneak aboard, there are bound to be more explosives, and better weapons than that flimsy bat if yours.

Kayla: Hey, I beat up some of those creatures with this bat, don't think I can't do the same to you.

Tricky: Let's not get into a fight now, we need to be in top shape. 

Jonathan: Hmph, fine.

???2: We must not be seen. They are a bit faster than us, and taller too.

???3: But what if they DO see us? Do we have a game plan then?

Jonathan: If that were to happen, fight until your last breath.

Kayla: You're so dramatic.

Jonathan: Shut up! Anyway, we should rest up. Tomorrow, we strike. Remember, loot first, then explode.

???: Since when did you become captain!?

Jonathan: I brought the explosives, so I'm leader, duh!

Fredrick: This has all been fun to watch but I'm gonna get some sleep.

Bryan: Me too, I've been driving for a while avoiding the monsters.

???: Good night...

With everyone heading to sleep, I take my pillow and lay on the hard cold floor.

Will the plan work? What if we fail? I should stop thinking about these things and just get some sleep...

Zircon P.O.V.

After meeting up with Jacko, we walked back to our base. I felt shivers in my arms, as Matthew trembled. He is so cute! Oh, I just wanna pinch his little cheeks!~

Jacko seems a bit...on edge. I wonder why...oh well!

The shivering wouldn't stop though, I was starting to get worried...

I held him tighter.

Zircon: *whisper* Hey, it's all going to be okay. Don't be scared, just relax...oh, I see. You're freezing, sweetie. I'll warm you up, don't worry...

I moved him slightly, so he's touching more of my fur. I wouldn't let my pet freeze to death, no I couldn't. He's my responsibility. I'll make sure that he'll be happy forever!

Jacko: If I may ask, where did you find this...pet?

Zircon: Oh, he was hiding in one of the rooms. Poor thing was starving.

Jacko: By the way, why are you covering its eyes?

Zircon: There's too much blood and death here for my innocent peanut! I'll allow him to see again once we're inside. Now, why don't you tell me about this truck? It's a human vehicle, right?

Jacko: Yeah, it is, quite large. I found 2 humans in it, and me and a soldier tried to exterminate them. They...got away.

Zircon: Don't worry, you'll get them next time! But how did those humans look like?

Jacko: One was-

I immedietly kicked the human hiding in the bush behind Jacko, causing the human to fall over. Jacko then slashed, me seeing blood come out of the bush, and the yelps that human made stopped.

Jacko: That was close.

Zircon: Yeah! What were we talking about? Right, how these "trucks" operate.

Jacko: That's not...heh, fine.

Maya: Hey there boys!

Zircon: Oh hi Maya!

Jacko: What's up?

Maya: Nothing much, just the usual. Hm, what's with that human, Zircon?

Zircon: My new pet! I found him in the school! Wanna pet him?

Maya: Ha, no thanks, I'm good. Our work here is almost done, so we can just kick back and relax for now. I'm gonna go see if any protogen needs help.

Jacko: Sounds good, see ya!

Zircon: Bye!

Maya: I heard humans bite, so watch out for that pet of yours!

Zircon: He does not! LIES!

Jacko: Come on, let's just keep heading to base.

Zircon: Alright, alright!

So, we headed back to base, but one question till lays on my mind. 

How do trucks work?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.3K 686 16
Human Pet Holli and Dogman Merle crashed on an unknown planet several days ago. One day, they meet a stranger. Will they find a friend or a foe?
135 0 18
A Human has survived a civil war 1,000 years ago. earth is now lost to time. that very human is exploring a new world
40.2K 1.2K 45
It was a normal day for Y/N.. until you agree to help run a test that scientist are trying to do. They tell you that it's a new teleporting device. I...
6.7K 45 14
A sequel to Love a Machine - A Protogen X Male Reader Book, our duo Y/N and Sky have successfully defeated their rivals and are safe back home. With...