Never letting go (Carl.Grimes...

By BrielleXtwd

Carl Grimes fanfic Oc x Carl grimes "I'm lost without you Carl" Started 15/12/22 - ????? Seasons 1-8? More

Introduction
Chapter 1 - The start
Chapter 2 - Stuck
Chapter 3 - Newcomers
Chapter 4 - The things
Chapter 5 - Cleared out
Chapter 6 - home
Chapter 7 - Target Aim
Chapter 9 - should've died
Chapter 10 - crumbling
Chapter 11- broken pieces
Chapter 12 - infirmary
Chapter 13 - infection
Chapter 14 - Outcasts
Author notes

Chapter 8 - Sophia

15 0 0
By BrielleXtwd

~ Samantha's pov~

We all sat around the campfire in comfortable silence as carol and T-dog cooked the food for us. Carl and I sat on a log beside Lori and Rick who looked uncomfortable.

"Uh, guys" Glenn speaks up. All attention is turned to him. " so... the barn is full of walkers. People's looks of confusion turn to shock and horror as they stop what they are doing and we all head down to the barn.

Once we get the Shane looks through the small gap in between the doors, I can hear the groans and bangs coming from inside. Shane turns and storms back over to Rick.

"You cannot tell me you are alright with this" he spits.

"No, I'm not but we're guests here. This isn't our land" he says in a more calm manner than Shane. the conversation on what to do continues but I'm not interested in being a part of it.

"We got to make things right or we just got to go now we have been talking about Fort Benning for a long time" Shane suggests.

"We can't go!" Sounding a little more agitated now rick waves his arm in a downward motion signalling for Shane to lower his voice. He's hiding something I can tell by the look on his and Loris's face they both are.

"Because my daughter is still out there" Carol speaks up. That might be part of the reason but it's definitely not the only one.

"Okay" Shane scoffs "okay" "okay I think it's time that we all start to just consider the other possibility" everyone looks up at him shocked at the idea of it. My face turns into a look of disgust, how can he just give up on her like that after everything we've done?

Joe speaks up after Shane "he's right and you know he's right, it's not the outcome you want but it's the most likely one" he glares at me and I stare back not breaking eye contact with him.

"We're not leaving Sophia behind" Rick shakes his head.

"We're close to finding this girl l, I just found her damn doll two days ago" Daryl paces back and forth in front of Carol.

Shane chuckles sarcastically " you found her doll, Daryl. That's what you did" you found a doll"

"You don't know what the hell you're talking about" Daryl yells swinging his arms in front of him. Joe steps in front of Shane to show that he agrees with him.

"Now, you get a good lead, it's in the first 48 hours." Shane continues despite the yelling going on around him and being directed at him. " if she was alive and out there and saw you coming, all method out with your buck knife and geek ears around your neck, she would run in the other direction, man" Daryl threw himself at Joe trying to get to Shane but Rick pulled them apart quickly before anything could happen.

There was a lot of shouting and it was hard to figure out what was being said.
Rick speaks up trying to resolve the issue.
"Just let me speak to Hershel" " let me figure it-"

Shane stops him before he can finish " what are you gonna figure out?" He turns back to face Rick.

"Enough!" Lori shouts clearly frustrated over the two of them. The argument is broken up when the doors of the barn begin to shake and fingers can be seen poking through the gaps. Lori grabs hold of mine and carls arms and pulls us back up the camp.

~~~~~~~~

Shane was still down at the barn, I knew he wasn't going to listen to Rick and he definitely wasn't going to wait for Hershel's permission he was planning something, something that isn't going to end well.

Lori was making me and Carl do schoolwork, I found it pointless cause we aren't going to need it anyways the way things are going it's pointless but I didn't want to argue with her. I like Lori she's been like a mother to me and I could never disrespect her after all that she's done.

"She's just scared, no need to let it worry yous" she reassures us.

"Mom, we're not leaving until we find Sophia, and we don't wanna go even after that" Carl speaks for the both of us.

"We'll we're not leaving Carl, none of us, not you, not me, not Sami we're staying here" "you two finish those problems"

I smile at Lori " I think Sophia's going to like it here, this place could be a home."
Lori reaches her arms out and brings us both in for a hug, running her fingers through our hair.

~~~~~~~~

Me and Carl were sitting leaning on two rocks behind us reading a book that Maggie had given to us when Shane stormed past us, fists clenched.

"Hey Shane" Carl calls after him before we both rise to our feet. He stops and turns to face us. "Can we talk to you for a sec?" He walks back toward the two of us.

"You okay," he asks taking his cap off and holding it in his hand.

"I know you think Sophia's dead, and that we should stop looking for her. But that's... That's bullsh*t." Carls's voice raises as he finishes his sentence.

"Hey man, watch your mouth." Shane looks taken aback by his choice of language.

"We're gonna stay here until we find her." Carl finishes. Shane looks around unsure what to say for a while.

"You think that's what we should do?"

"It's what I know we should do" Carl nods.

"Then we stay" Shane agrees before giving us a smiling and holding the cap up from his hand and placing it on my head." That means we got to do whatever we got to do to make that happen" "you two are the cops around here now, you make sure people keep in line" referring to the hats now on both Carl's and my head.

"Like help with the chores?" I question confused about what he means. he hums in response. before reaching down to our level and placing his hand on my shoulder.

"Like help with the chores" he nods.

"Carl, Samantha!" "Come here for a minute" Lori calls for us from a distance. We go running over.

"I know this might seem like a weird thing for me to ask you right now. But I need to stay clear of Shane right now, he's a good man but he isn't himself at the minute with everything going on." She sighs. We both agree to listen to that since Lori only wants what's before for us and if that's what she thinks is going to keep us safe then I'm willing to do it.

~~~~~~~~~~

After a while of sitting and chatting with Lori screams and shouts come from down next to the barn and she rushes off towards it as we follow along behind.
Once we reach the barn we see a few of the others with their guns pointed at Rick and Hershel but when I take a closer look they have two walkers on a leash out in front of them.

After a while of shouting Shane fires 3 shots into the chest of one of the walkers as she continues to walk as though nothing had happened to her.

"That's three rounds in the chest, someone who's alive, could they just take that?" Something changes in Hershel's face I think he's starting to understand. Shane fires two more shots "that's two more, Why is it still coming?" He fires another shot.

"Shane enough" Rick yells while trying to steer the walkers away from the rest of us.

"Yeah, you're right man." Shane approaches Hershel." That is enough" he fires a final shot under the head of the walker making it drop to the ground in a slump Hershel follows closely behind it.

" enough risking our lives for a little girl who's gone!" Shane walks in circles in front of the barn, enough to live next to a barn full of things that are trying to kill us. Enough Rick, it ain't like it was before! Now, if y'all wanna live if y'all wanna survive you got to fight for it!" She spits onto the group. "I'm talking about fighting right here, right now.

He turns and runs toward the doors of the barn as Rick pleads with Hershel so that he can go and try stop Shane before he does what he's about to do. Shane begins to pull down the planks of the door of the barn and then he breaks the lock before stepping back. " come on we're out here come on"

Lori pushes me and Carl behind her before pulling out her gun. " you stay behind me now"

The walkers begin to pour out of the barn one by one heading straight at us at the group sends round after round into their heads. Hershel is on the ground as Maggie has hold of his shoulders crying as the shots continue. It appeared that all of the walkers had emptied out of the barn when a smaller one stuck its head out from around the corner making everyone stop in their tracks.

"Sophia! Oh oh god, Sophia Sophia " Carol wailed dropping to her knees with Daryl holding her back. Once I realise I was sent into floods of tears which continued after I heard another gunshot which meant Sophia was gone. Lori comforted Carl and I. Sophia was gone and she was never coming back, I thought we were safe.

~~~~~~~~~

It had only been a little over an hour since we found Sophia. I had calmed down, Carl don't seem phased which confused me. " I thought we'd find her" he starts.

"We all did" Lori responds rubbing his back.

" I mean us, me and Sam. That we'd be the ones to find her like maybe she was hiding somewhere, she's safe and we'd find her, bring her back." He turns his head to see Shane approaching "he did the right thing, shooting her like that. I'd have done it too" those words shock me, I couldn't have done it, what if I had found her and she was dead what would I have done? I couldn't shoot her.

"Dale" Lori calls. "Could you take the kids up to the house?" Dale nods and me and Carl follow him.

~~~~~~~~~~~
It was a while before the others came back me and Carl didn't say much to each other until I finally spoke up. " would you really have killed Sophia?"

" I would've had to" he answers shrugging his shoulders.

" I couldn't have. What if I had found her? What would I have done"

" you wouldn't have had to do anything. I would've done it" he smiled at me I return it.

"FOOD" is called from the room next to us and we run in to get the first pick of the food.

"Carl, Sammie I want you to keep your heads up, okay? Both of your dads will be back soon." Hearing Joe being called my dad again gave me a weird feeling I haven't thought of him as my dad in months, and he definitely hasn't made an effort to change that opinion.

"Where's Lori?" Dale speaks up taking notice of her absence.

Once it had been figured out Shane got up to go and try to find Lori, me and Carl followed. I'm worried about her she's my mom too. She returned after not too long with Shane but she was all cut up and injured.

Lori begins to yell at Shane " where is he, where is he? You told me he was back here"

"Hey, hey, hey look Lori I will go after him, I will find him, first things first- I gotta look after you. I gotta make sure the baby's all right, okay?" Baby? What baby?

Carl steps from behind the others " you're having a baby? Why didn't you tell me?" He shakes his head before grabbing hold of my wrist and walking off back to the house pulling me along.

Once inside Lori sits us down on the sofa beside her. "Hey Carl, I am so sorry that I left without telling you"

"It's okay I wasn't scared, I looked after Sam too." He smiles looking rather proud of himself. "when is dad getting back?"

"Let's hope soon" she sighs

" I wanna be there when you tell him about the baby"

"Oh, love, he already knows" Carl sighs disappointedly. " we were just trying to find the right time to tell you."

" is it a boy or a girl?" I ask

"We don't know that until it's born" she answers. " you must have a lot of questions huh?" She turns to her Dale and Andrea . " we never uh - had the talk " what's the talk I think to myself. " I guess we forgot she continues" both Carl and I poke our heads out from behind Lori to look at dale.

He laughs "don't look at me that's your father's job."

I yawn and Shane steps into the room noticing this he takes it upon himself to take both Carl and me up to bed. just before we leave Carl pats Lori on the shoulder.

"Big brother Carl " he laughs before turning to me. "Pretty cool huh?" I smile back at him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Long chapter but still kind of a filler I think there might be a cute Carl x Sam scene in the next chapter if not it'll be the one after that I just want to get off the farm and into the prison so that I can write some more interesting scenes.can't wait for Alexandria.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.3K 209 23
I'll update as I can, may not be consistent but what I lack in punctuality i make up for in good writing i promise I'm not sure exactly what I'm gonn...
1K 78 5
A dedication for those who are just different, it's a never ending nostalgia. ยกrick grimes x oc twd fanfic!
369K 6.1K 89
โ› ๐˜ธ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ธ๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ฌ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ฅ. โœ โ”€โ”€โ”€ โ€ข ยฐ *๏ฝกโœง โ”€โ”€โ”€ ๐˜™๐˜Œ๐˜˜๐˜œ๐˜Œ๐˜š๐˜›๐˜š: [ ] ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ...
365K 8.9K 73
bad things happen to good people. ๐Ÿ’Œ carl grimes x oc ๐Ÿค seasons 1-8/9 started: august 2020 finished: january 2023