The Yakuza's flower

By radbutnotsad

Ume Sato had just moved in with her grandmother in Japan. To escape some tragic events that happened to her i... More

Friends
Sorry Giant
Strong friends
Pretty lies
Quick Note
Safe feeling
Not Together
Meaning?
The Doctor and The Yakuza
New Strangers In Town
The Odd Request
Teacher
The Building Of Desire
The Building Of Desire Pt 2
Note <3
Giving In (18+)
Just Us
Note !

The start of worries

167 7 2
By radbutnotsad

Grandma Sato Pov

I was at home making dinner for Ume and me when I got a call from Mrs. Kinuyo Matsumoto (Kozue's mom). She told me that the girls were going to do a last minute camping trip and that I shouldn't stay up worrying about Ume's whereabouts. I asked her if it was only the girls going alone but she said they were with other friends.

When we finished talking, I thought to myself "Last minute? Unknown Friends?" Ume would have told me of such an event earlier, she always tells me of things she plans to do. But, then again Ume has been acting different lately. She's been going out more, she stays out late, she's changed her hospital shift, I've even noticed her body has changed, she used to be a bit less chunky in my opinion.

I know I shouldn't be angry that she is out there living her life. It's just that she's changed so much ever since she moved here with me.

I'm protective of her because I'm just worried that she's going to hang out with the wrong crowd or get the attention of the wrong people and get hurt.... Again.

I guess when I look at Ume, I see my daughter. Her smile lights up any room she walks in, her kindness and nurturing energy she gives to anyone or anything, just like her mother... my daughter Hinata.

I wish I could say I knew more of my grandson .. Rey... but I don't. All I remember is that he was such a sweet boy to everyone. He was also much calmer and more serious than Ume. I like to think he got his calm and serious traits from his grandfather my husband. The last I heard about him was years ago through one of his aunts on his father's side. She told me he did something bad and was wanted by the law... after that I never got word about him.

I hate to admit it, but Sometimes I do wake up in the middle of the night and still weep a bit thinking about what could have been, had my daughter never met the father of my grandchildren.

Maybe she would still be here with me... first I lost my husband to an illness, then I lost my daughter to an accident. Just my luck I guess...

However, I'll never forget when my life changed.

When my daughter met Diego Santana. The father of my grandkids Ume (Flor) and Rey. My daughter Hinata met him when she went to travel abroad to North America for a college project/internship.

I remember the countless phone calls of her telling me about her experience and the culture shock.

Those phone calls were what kept me at ease and happy to know she was safe and having a great time exploring the world.

She was abroad for 6 months, almost close to coming home when she called me in the middle of the night, telling me she was pregnant and married.

She told me her husband's name, she told me his occupation of being a boxer/MMA fighter, and lastly, she told me about the twins she was expecting.

I had mixed emotions throughout the entire phone call. But I kept an open mind because she begged me to, and because I was so happy thinking about my grandkids.

She eventually did come home in the summer and brought home the man that she married... That man, He was reckless and irresponsible...

I could go on and on about it, but it wouldn't change anything or bring my daughter or him back. It's in the past now and I must focus on Ume (Flor) and hold hope for Rey. ....

Anyway, Eventually I realized Mrs. Matsumoto never mentioned when the girls were going to come back from the trip, so I waited for Ume to come home.

I would check her room to see if she had snuck in when I was asleep but that was never the case. Since I didn't know when to Except Ume back, I would call her.

I tried to call Ume a couple times to make sure she was doing okay but each time and day I called, the operator would tell me that her phone was disconnected, and I would really start worrying. I prayed and hoped that she was okay. I fought the urge to go to the police, but I figured I would just make a fool of myself. So, I continued my days as normal and waited.

....

three days had passed and still no word..

It was 7:30 PM I was in the kitchen making dinner when I heard the front door open. "Grandma I'm home." Ume said to me, and I looked at her as she walked into the kitchen with a small pastry bag in her hand. "Welcome home, I didn't know you were coming home today. how was your camping trip?" I asked her and she stood there looking confused for a moment. "Hm? Oh! It was Great!! I had such a great time!" She said to me as she smiled and handed me the pastry bag so that I could set it up for dinner. I noticed she had a bruise on her wrist when she handed me the bag.

"What happened to your wrist?" I said to her, and she reacted quickly to cover it."OH! I fell! But I'm fine now! I treated it already!" She said to me as she continued to smile, and I looked at her with a suspicious look. "Why didn't you tell me about the trip? Why did I have to hear it from Kozue's mother and not you directly? Do you not understand how worried I was!" I scolded her a bit because her behavior felt off to me.

"Grandma, I bought the pastry just for you. I want to say sorry for not answering your calls. I know you were probably worried, but I promise I was safe. It was a last minute trip grandma and I thought it would be okay. " She said to me in an apologetic way.

I need her to understand I'm upset with her, so I acted a bit cold. "It's fine, It's in the past. Wash your hands and get ready for din-" I say before she cuts me off. "Grandma, I told a friend I would meet with them tonight. We might get food so... I'm just letting you know I'm heading out again..." she says to me avoiding eye contact.

"Ume Sato!  you just got home!" I raised my voice at her, and she gave me a sad look. "I just want to keep my word... also I'm not a little girl..." she says to me in a low soft tone.

My blood began to boil when she said that to me because it reminded me of when my own daughter said those exact same words. "I'm not a little girl." I took a deep breath, and exhaled... I wasn't going to argue with her because I've played this scene out before and I know the result.

"Ume..." I called her name.

"Yes?" She replied.

"Leave, Get out of my sight." I told her in my low angry tone. "Grandma I-" she tries to talk back. "Now!" I yell.

"Okay..." She says as she leaves the kitchen and I hear her run into her room. I took a seat for a moment so I could calm down, my chest was hurting.

"Well at least she's home" I say to myself softly as I look at a picture that I have of my daughter on the wall.

Ume Pov

After a long day of work, volunteering, and training. I was finally able to go home and rest for a little bit before meeting with Hanayama again later in the night.

Before going home, I went to a pastry shop to buy a little cake for my grandma. She has a sweet tooth but doesn't like to admit it because she thinks it's weird for an elderly person to have such a trait.

I bought the cake because I knew she was going to be upset about me not answering her phone calls while I was staying with Hanayama.

Honestly... she treats me like a fragile little girl. But I'm not, I'm a young adult and she can't seem to accept it. Plus, I think she sees me as my mom...

I know she hates my dad because we got into an argument, about him once. She was saying nasty things about him, and I couldn't let her get away with it, so I spoke up for my dad. After that argument she was a little distant and we didn't talk much until she cooled down. ....

Anyway

When I got home, she was in the kitchen making dinner for herself. I kind of surprised her when I walked in.

I was expecting her to be happy about me hanging out more than being stuck in my room doing nothing. But she was mad... She was cold towards me most of our conversation and even when I wanted to apologize to her.

To make things worse She even got mad when I told her I was heading out again. I got sad when she told me to get out of her sight... I just wanted her to hug me and say "I'm happy you're back!" But no, "it's why this, why that, don't do this, don't do that."I'm not little...

Anyway, I went straight to my room to change my clothes and put my stuff away before leaving to meet up with Hanayama. I waited for her to leave the kitchen area so I could just walk out the front door.
.......

Once I did leave, I met up with Hanayama at our favorite ramen shop for dinner and some star gazing.

-------------------------------------------------------

short chapter... I know, I know, but please bear with me.

Vote, Comment <3, Follow!

Next Chapter coming soon!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.1K 361 11
Kirishima Eijiro has a huge crush on his blond, explosive, almost unapproachable friend. Bakugo Katsuki isn't the guy who you fall in love with unle...
2.9K 130 24
Asteria Mori runs away from home when her mother tells her that she is to be engaged at the age of 18. That same night she gets into some trouble, bu...
33.9K 1.3K 72
Sophia has always been the quiet one. She does what her absent father wants, keeps her head down in class and tries not to stand out, but it seems li...
7.4K 156 26
!IN PROCESS OF REWRITE AND THIS IS NOT COMPLETE ACTUALLY BUT BEING REWRITTEN! !!Tw!!:Mention of Murder,Sucide,Bullying,Blood,Violence,Knifes,(Ect). S...