The Devils Of Harvard

De AidinWhite

{Book #2 of The Devils Series} Nathanial Winters' move to Boston for university, states away from his family... Mai multe

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Four
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapter Fifty Six
Chapter Fifty Seven
Chapter Fifty Eight
Chapter Fifty Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty One
Chapter Sixty Two
Chapter Sixty Three
Chapter Sixty Four
Chapter Sixty Five
Chapter Sixty Six
Chapter Sixty Seven
Chapter Sixty Eight
Chapter Sixty Nine
Chapter Seventy
Chapter Seventy One
Chapter Seventy Two
Chapter Seventy Three
Chapter Seventy Four
Chapter Seventy Five
Chapter Seventy Six
Chapter Seventy Seven
Chapter Seventy Eight

Chapter Twenty

95 5 2
De AidinWhite

I walked into my final lecture of the day placing myself in the back as best as I could where I could take my notes in peace. In a few days I was going to go to Greenwich to hopefully see Nathan and congratulate him. I could also get past whatever it was that was going on in my head revolving around him that I disliked so much.

I needed to find someone else, he'd even say that to me, that was just what he was like and I knew it. Nathan said what he meant, and stuck to it even if it ruined him. But he was also good at wording things that had duality in meaning, so I practically felt mind numb whenever I was trying to figure out the raven haired boy.

Looking out the window was when I saw it the collection of black Mercedes stop along the curb and the handful of men get out before I noticed the Maybach in between the four SUV's and the back door be opened for a very familiar man to get out of the back.

Adrian. He moved quickly and that only told me he was here for a reason, what that reason was I didn't know but he looked like he was on the verge of enacting vengeance for something.

I then watched the doors open and Derek stepped in moving slowly around the room until settling behind me with his legs crossed and one foot on the bar behind my chair.

"Woah, who is here that needed that many bodyguards?" he asks and I turn to see that he had noticed the convoy and was now wide eyed as he stared at it.

"No idea" I lie because I was also well aware that Adrian liked his privacy and if he could avoid being noticed he would.

Weird thing about being his neighbor.

"That's impressive, maybe the district Dean, or a student's upset parents because their bribe wasn't accepted" Derek suggests.

"Mostly I just think it would be annoying" I say, "being that rich".

Derek then looked at me with mild confusion, and I wondered why but dismissed it.

"How so?" he probes running his tongue along the back of his teeth.

"I just think, that if anyone is casually showing up to a place in probably two million dollars in cars. They have too much money" I answer and he nods.

"The Louviere family lost a bunch of money the other day right, and you still drive a Ferrari" he comments and I sigh.

"It's the cheapest car I own" I say feeling slightly ashamed for it.

"It's not to make you feel back Scarlett. Your family is fortunate, what's worth more then that money. Materially of course. I can think of a few things that money can't buy" he says, "I fucked that one up" Derek adds somewhat shyly and I laugh watching him rub the back of his head.

"You want to retry that?" I tease and he gives me a playfully narrow look.

"I'm saying be proud that you have opportunities others don't, and cherish the things that mean something to you outside of money. Too many people get consumed by it and it takes most things from them. Or reputation gets in the way and things that are meaningful are lost" he says and once more he gives me a look I can't quite decipher though I wish I could.

"Well I don't have a lot that means anything to me here. Even my dormmates spend more time getting drunk or fucked to care".

"You also spend a lot of time with me or alone. Also your dormmate Vanessa, she's not all that she seems" Derek laughs.

"What do you mean?" I ask furrowing my eyebrows before our professor starts the lecture.

"Tell you after class" he says leaning back in his seat while I do the same so that she doesn't call me out again in this classroom, and forcing me to answer any questions.

During the class I took selective notes while checking in on what was going on outside though my slight problem was that I was listening to music while doing so, leading me to zone out even if I didn't mean to.

Almost unbearably so the class droned on until the bell rang and I practically raced from the room outside and down off towards the parking lot. I had made it half way there too before remembering I wanted Derek to tell me the answer to my question.

Stopping I turned to be faced by him standing directly behind me with a smug smirk on his face.

"I don't think I've ever seen you move so fast" he remarks and I roll my eyes.

"You haven't seen how much I hated school" I add and he just smiles.

"You wanted to know about Vanessa, right?" Derek says and I nod slowly before looking around.

"We're in the middle of the front lawn we should probably go somewhere else" I point out and he nods.

"Right" Derek says and we begin to complete the walk to the parking lot where both his vehicle and mine sat.

Stopping by my car I leaned against it and crossed my arms looking up at him.

"Her name is Vanessa Danielle Saint Laurent. She's related to the Winters Family. I actually think she's a cousin of the three heirs in New York".

Would explain the domineering quality and general striking appearance.

"I mean it fills in blanks" I admit.

"People that end up associated with the Winters either end up in jail, with nothing, or the small handful get a life improvement. I don't want to see you hurt because of them".

"Yes well if I'm not wrong they run the world" I remark unlocking my car and pulling the door open.

"You met them before haven't you?" Derek asks tilting his head.

"Yeah, I went to the same school as all of them, and their extended family. The four families run New York's business scene with cunning. The whole city is even reminded by the kilometer tall tower in the Finacial District".

"I never understood the craze around them. They all are people, and regardless the world fauns over every member".

"Power draws attention, and one doesn't get much more powerful then being a member of the Winters Family, including extended" I say.

"Sounds like you know from experience" he says an uneasy tone resting there.

Must be because of the reputation.

"Friends with the sisters" I answer simply, and mild curiosity forms about why he was so interested in me knowing them, or knowing who I was around.

"You don't have to worry about me Derek, if I can survive Thornbrook Academy where they rule the whole city, I will live having a roommate who is related to one" I say giving him a smile before getting into the car.

"You should come over one day, no party, maybe this weekend. Just us" he offers a gentle smile on his lips.

"Is that your way of asking me on a date that's not a date, after telling you I'd think about it?" I quip pressing my lips together so I don't smile like an idiot.

"Yes" he relents and I can't help myself because it's cute that this tattooed boy has a soft side.

"Sure" I smile and pull my door shut before leaving the parking lot of the school off towards the sorority.

As I pulled into the driveway I wound my way up to the motorcourt where the rest of my dorm had just arrived before stopping behind Tessa and getting out.

"Were you talking to Derek Halloway?" Courtney asks and I watch Vanessa stop by the doorway to lean against a pillar an impassive look on her face.

I see it now.

"Yes, he invited me to spend time with him on the weekend" I say.

"Don't get your heart broken, and if he does I'll help bury him" Tessa says.

"I'm sure he won't hurt her" Courtney says to Tessa.

"I just don't want our friend to be hurt".

"I won't get hurt Tess" I assure before I feel a shiver run up my spine, "now let's go inside, it's cold out here" I add and I see Vanessa smile before we all followed her into the warmth of the house.

I'm moving through parts but all of this book is very well planned so I do have ideas just this book is chaotic at times. Comment, vote, and share. Anyways

Peace✌

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

17.3K 341 17
It has been a year since Nathan discovered that Scarlett isn't his daughter and Kimberly was, once again, pregnant. Nathan, Tom and Kelsey have alwa...
Together or Apart De Sadie Greene

Ficțiune adolescenți

14.3K 476 25
Book #2 in the Scarlett and Jack series. Scarlett McAllister was accepted t...
The Masqueraded De PrincessRav

Polițiste / Thriller

1.1K 244 22
Ru and her friends are College students who live in a relatively tranquil neighborhood in their small town. When they start 2nd year in the fall, the...
3.3K 351 78
{Book #3 of The Devils Series} Six years has passed since Scarlett lost her memories and Derek and Nathan promised to not say a word. But some secret...