Evermore ~ Rumplestiltskin

By wanderinggsouls

And I was catching my breath Barefoot in the wildest winter Catching my death And I couldn't be sure I ha... More

Author's Note
Cast List
Chapter One (s1) [Edited]
Chapter Two [Edited]
Chapter Three [Edited]
Chapter Four [Edited]
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve (s2)
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five (s3)
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six [Edited]
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Part II | Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two

Chapter Forty-Three

186 4 0
By wanderinggsouls

Liana's POV PRESENT DAY

"Wait... so... so you're telling me that my sweetheart is alive? My Rumple?" Tears started to form in my eyes as my heart started to race. I was inside the shop talking to Emma and Hook. "I mean," I bit my chapped lips. "How is that even possible?"

"We were hoping you might be able to tell us that," Emma replied. "You know him and the shop better than anyone. If he's in StoryBrooke, there has to be a clue in here about how he got back and how we can find him, now that he is."

"Yeah," I said, my heart still beating at a rapid pace. "I'll start looking right away."

"Keep your eyes out for him too. If he comes into town..." started David.

"He'll come to me. Yeah, I know," I replied, sighing, and running my hand through my hair.

"I will stay here with you," stated Hook. I raised an eyebrow in shock. "I'm surprisingly good at research."

"You will stay here with me? Why?" I asked, my spit almost landing on him.

"He'll protect you, Liana. If the witch comes."

"I can take care of myself. I am the Princess of Narnia," I stated, crossing my arms. "And I have magic."

"Yes, but... isn't your magic a little rusty now that you've chosen not to use it?" Hook questioned.

I rolled my eyes. "You do know he tried to kill me?" I asked.

"Well, there were extenuating circumstances," he replied, admitting to it.

"Twice," I continued.

"Sorry," he replied.

Emma turned to Hook. "You really know how to charm a girl, don't you?"

"This will be my way of making it up to you, I promise," he said.

"Fine," I replied.

"All right," said Emma. "We should really get out into the woods."

"Hey," David turned to face Mary Margaret. "Maybe you should stay home."

"Me? I'm the best tracker here," Mary Margaret replied.

"I know. But we'll manage. Remember what Zelena said? You need rest," said David.

Emma then approached me. "Liana, thank you for your help as always. And, um, don't worry, okay? We're gonna find him."

I smiled weakly at her. "Okay. Thank you."

My heart continued to pound as the Charming's left and Hook was standing there. I still can't believe that my Rumple is alive and I can hold him again. I can kiss him one more time. A thousand more times. I can tell him I love him with everything in me. I can spill my heart out to him.

It wasn't until I looked at Hook again and realized how awkward this was really going to be.

+++
PAST. ONE YEAR AGO.
THE ENCHANTED FOREST,
RUMPLESTILTSKIN's CASTLE.

"If there's anyone who can defeat the witch and get you back to your family. It's the dark one. The way to resurrect him has to be here," I explained. We were in the library that Rumple have to me all those years ago. I miss being in here with the smell of old books and tea leaves. I search the book shelves, in the section dedicated to the dark one himself.

"You really believe in him, don't you?" Neal asked.

"Yes," I replied. "I love him. All of him. Even the parts that belong to the darkness."

"Yeah, it took me a while to see past all that....to the good man trying to get out," Neal said.

"He did get out, and I'm proud of him for it," I smiled.

"Yeah, he did. Irony is, now I need the dark part. In order to get to the ones I care about." I noticed he was holding a silver swan. He was eyeing it carefully.

"What is that? It's beautiful," I said.

"A necklace," he replied. "It was Emma's. It was supposed to represent our life together. I don't know how it survived the trip."

"Because it was born out of true love," I said with a grin plastered on my face. I was such a helpless romantic. "Now, let's continue looking and you should help me this time."

"Where do we start?" asked Neal.

"One shelf at a time," I replied.

I light the candle I found on one of the bookshelf's. It was one I hadn't seen before. "Hello there," I thought I heard someone say.

I looked at Neal. "Did you... did you say something?" I asked.

Neal just shook his head. "Over here," said the same voice. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. Neal and I turn around to see the candle was talking.

"What the hell?" Said Neal.

"Well shit," I said. "This is much weirder than the talking Beavers in Narnia."

"No need to be frightened," it said. I bit my lip.

"Are you sure we shouldn't?" I asked.

"Yes, you shouldn't. I am but a humble servant of this castle. My name is Lumiere."

+++
PRESENT DAY.

As Hook and I were looking through one of Rumple's bookshelves, I noticed how Hook was handling the books. I rolled my eyes. "What?" he asked.

"Watch the cover on that one," I stated.

"I'm dealing with a hook here," he replied.

I rolled my eyes again. And then my body flinched as I heard banging on the door. I climb down the ladder, and say, "It's him! It's Rumple."

Then to my surprise... it wasn't Rumple who came in to the shop, but Neal.

                              +++

We ended up brining Neal to the hospital because he didn't look so good. "Neal. You're here. What happened?" Emma asked.

"I... I don't know. I remember seeing the yellow bug cross the town line and the next thing I know, I'm running around a forest back in StoryBrooke, where, apparently has been a whole lot going on."

Hook then looked at Emma. "Are you gonna tell him or shall I?"

"Tell me what?" Neal asked.

"Neal, we think your Dad's back," said Emma.

"Back?" he questioned. "What do you mean he's back?"

"Take it easy," said Emma. Emma then grabs his hand.

I narrowed my eyes and asked, "What the hell is that on your palm?" It was some sort of weird symbol that looked like a scar.

David takes a picture of it.

"No idea. It was there when I woke up," he replied.

Emma then turned to face me. "Liana, can you do more research?"

"Yeah, sure," I said. "Absolutely."

"I'll send you the picture," said Emma.

I nodded. "Okay."

"Guys, can we have a minute?" Neal asked.

I nodded again, and everyone— Hook, David and I leave the room leaving Emma and Neal alone.

+++

PAST. THE ENCHANTED FOREST. ONE YEAR AGO.

"I don't understand," I said. "I've dusted every book and cranny in this place. How have our paths never crossed?" I asked, my eyebrows raised.

"It's a big castle," he replied. "And I was woefully underutilized. Sadly, I only awaken when my candles are lit. Those are the rules of my punishment."

"Punishment by who?" Neal asked.

"Whom do you think?" he questioned. Rumple. But I don't remember him turning anyone into a candle unless he did it when I wasn't there? "Does he even know where he is? Rumplestiltskin, of course. We made a deal long ago and when I couldn't live up to my end, he made sure, I paid the price. He's not here, is he?"

"No, he's..." I gulped. "He is dead."

"We're trying to bring him back," Neal continued. "You said you spent a lot of time here. Do you know anything that could restore the dark one?"

"I know a great many things," he said in a stern voice. It didn't sound like he wanted to help us.

"Please, you gotta help us," said Neal. "If you don't, I'll never see my family again."

"Boohoo," he said. "Why should I help resurrect the man who put me in this wax prison?"

"Well," I sighed. "The Rumplestiltskin you knew may have seemed cold and hard like I once was... but he's changed since then. If you help us, I know he'll restore you to your human form. Please."

"Fine," he replied. "The bookcase behind you. Bottom cabinet. You'll know it, once you see it." I turn around and bend down to open the cabinet. "It's a volume befitting the Dark One."

I then take out a heavy ass book. I'm afraid of dropping it so I use both hands. "What the hell kind of book is that?" asked Neal.

"This isn't a book. It's a hiding spot," I replied, as I opened it, my eyes widening.

I take out an item that could almost be like some sort of stamp. "What's that?" asked Neal.

"Yeah, what is this? I've never seen anything like it— not back home in Narnia and certainly not here in the enchanted forest."

"It's a key," he replied. I then see that a triangle is engraved in the key's bow. "To the vault of the dark one."

"The vault of the dark one?" My heart skipped a beat.

"Where the very first dark one was made," he continued.

"Rumple never spoke anything of it," I said.

"Well that's probably because it's where he was born out of well... darkness. If you two wish to bring Rumplestiltskin back to life, this is, where you must go."

"Will you guide us on our journey?" I questioned, my eyebrow raised.

"If you promise that the Dark One will return me to my human form are true, then yes, I will." I smiled and placed the strange key I was holding back into the book.

Neal then says, "We leave first thing in the morning." He blew out the candles and I headed to our old bedroom. Our. I remember when Rumple first called it our room, it made my heart flutter like a butterfly.

Magically putting on my nightgown, I climbed into the silky bed sheets which still smelled of Rumple. Oh. How much I miss him. I cuddle with the sheets, imagining him sleeping next to me, his arms wrapped around me.

Soon, I drifted off into a sound slumber.

"Li," said a voice. It was Rumple's voice. I was still in bed. I turned on my side to see him laying next to me.

"Rumple?" I questioned, tears poking out of my eyes. "How are you here my love?"

"I'm not," he replied. "Well not physically at least. Hades allowed my spirit to travel into your dreams on occasion."

"So, it's really you?" I asked, placing my thumb on his cheek.

"Yes," he replied, taking my hand in his, kissing my knuckles.

"I miss you so much Rumple," I said. "Neal misses you too. We're trying to bring you back."

Rumple sighed. He didn't look to happy. "What? What's wrong?" I asked.

"Li, I miss you and Bae with everything in me, but please...don't try to bring me back."

"Why not?" I asked more tears running down my face.

"After being with me so long I'm surprised you don't know what I'm about to tell you. All magic comes with a price. If you both bring me back, you will have to pay the price. And I don't want that for either of you. You understand?"

"Rumple, we both understand that magic comes with a price. That's all you ever taught us. But Neal... he needs your help."

Concern spread across his face. "With what?"

"With getting back to Emma and Henry. They are stuck in the land without magic—their memories of StoryBrooke are gone."

"I feel pain for my boy, I do. But I can't help you this time. Do you promise to not bring me back?"

My heart sunk. I frowned and nodded my head. "I'll try to tell him that we'll find another way."

"Thank you." I still frowned as he looked into my eyes. "Oh my love, just because I don't want to come back doesn't mean I love you any less."

My heart jumped again and I started to cry. "I just... I love you so much and I don't know if I can continue living without you."

"Liana you must. You must live your life. Move on. Forget about me."

"I could never forget about you, Rumple," I said. "You've changed my life in so many ways."

"I know, just promise me you'll try to move on?" he asked.

I nodded. "Good," he said, kissing my knuckles one last time before placing his thumb on my cheek and rubbing it slowly. "I love you so much sweetheart."

I smiled, choking out my tears. "I love you too."

"I must go now. I've spent too much time here already."

"A goodbye kiss?" I questioned.

He nodded and moved closer to me. He wrapped his arms around my shoulders and placed his lips on mine. The kiss was slow and tender, steady and sweet. After the kiss, he kissed the side of my temple. "Good bye sweetheart. Tell Bae that I love him too." I nodded, not saying a word, watching as his body turned into mist.

                                +++

The next day I woke up, remembering the dream I had of Rumple. I could still feel his lips on mine as if it were reality.

"You ready?" Neal called out. I magically changed into my clothes for the day and exited my bedroom.

"I don't think we should do this Neal," I said.

"Why not? Don't you want to see him again?" asked Neal. "I thought you were all for this."

"I was... until..."

"Until what? Why did you change your mind so suddenly?"

"Your father visited me in my dreams last night," I said. "He said he didn't want us to bring him back. He said he didn't want us to pay the price."

"I don't give a shit about the price Li," said Neal. "I need my father so I can get to Emma and Henry."

"There might be another way," I said. "Without brining Rumple back."

Neal shook his head. "No. I'm going through with this, with or without you."

"He wanted me to tell you he loves you," I stated.

"How is that going to help change my mind? Liana, you had a dream because you miss him. He wasn't actually there."

"Yes he was!" I spat. "His spirit was! I could feel him!"

Neal just shakes his head said, "Come on we got to leave before sunrise."

I sighed. Neal was stubborn, just like his father. There was no way I was going to change his mind. "Alright, fine. I'm coming with you."

"Good."

+++

"Ever since it happened," I started as Neal and I walked into the Forest. I was shivering so I layered up with a red cloak that Ruby gave me for my birthday. "I haven't been able to stop thinking about Rumple's sacrifice. I mean, how he died to save everyone in StoryBrooke."

"You know that wasn't it, Li. He died to save us. His family," Neal replied.

"I know," I replied. "I'm just lying to myself. At least, he died a hero."

"Were you surprised he had it in him?" Neal asked as we continued walking.

"Of course not. Were you?"

"I don't know. I mean, my papa was never the most selfless guy. I know, he wished, he'd never let me go through that portal. I know how sorry he was. But now, that I've got a son of my own, I can't imagine ever doing what he did."

"He regretted what happened with you so much. He was willing to do anything to get back to you," I told him. "And trust me, all the nights he cried in my arms, and the screaming matches that we've had...."

Neal's face looked solemn. "Well, that's one thing about him I can relate to because I would do anything to get back to Henry. Just not the screaming matches..."

I chuckled a little bit at the last part. I then saw snow on the ground in a clearing. "It's getting colder," I said. "Look."

"Come on, let's get what we came here for. My father."

+++

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.5K 637 28
𝐄𝐕𝐀 𝐀𝐍𝐓𝐎𝐍𝐎𝐕𝐀 ︱❝ We both had hard lives Emma. But those hard lives taught us that pain only makes us stronger. ❞ Imagine a scenario where S...
3.3K 135 6
" when i felt like i was an old cardigan under someone's bed , you put me on and said i was your favorite " in which iris mills can't remember who s...
7.7K 139 41
What if one day, you encounter something strange and you had a choice: To check it out or leave it and never think about it again? You'd most probabl...
9.9K 266 24
"Y/n L/n I've transported you here because you're heart has a true belief in fairytales. You have a destiny to fulfill, but first you must learn magi...