The Royal Scandal | Prince Wi...

By Antoinette_II

The only royal role she would get to play would be Aurora in Sleeping Beauty. The future King of England had... More

The Royal Scandal
Act I ~ The Pawn
Part I: Send Off
Letters
Let's Celebrate 18
Shy First Encounter
You Again!?!
How Was Your Date?
I'm Fine
Tis the Season... But It's September
Delicate Forces
The Prophesied Fall
Royal Movies
Circa Regna Tonat
Down to the Wire
Finding Home
Here We Go Again
Good Morning
The Chase
The Start of Disaster
Unimpressed With Her
Hold Me Till Dawn
Late Night Calls
Unravelling the Web
The Prince and the Girl
She's Here With You
Can The World Crush Her?
Opening Night
The Fall
If You Love Her
The Flame
Ready For More
We Are Strong
She Is Power
Dance In Your Blood
American Royalty
Tonight We Can Dream
Our Star Crossed Love
Family Matters
Someone Unexpected
The Conversation
The Return
Part II: Homecoming
Welcome to Podunk Illinois
Miracles
The Lesson
Missing You
The Royal Screw Up
Wedding Bells
Oh... It's You
The Calm
The Storm
Give It Time
Enough
Big Change... Is Coming
Pride
Around and Around We Go
Are You a Winner?
Remembering Passion
Fallout
Testing
Interlude 2007-2009
ACT II ~ The Rook
Part III: Never a Bride
Space to Think
What We Do For Love
Sins of the Father
The Waiting Game
Easy With You
Play the Game
Sugar Plums and Wedding Bells
This Time Next Year
What Makes a Slyph
The Long Goodbye
The Introduction
Goodbye Jaclyn Webber
All That We've Come From
Here Comes the Bride
Like the Sun Has the Moon
Part IV: Next Chapter
Big News
Second Guessing
Broken Bodies, Broken Hearts
Flowers Help Heal
Important Questions
Pretty Pretty Girl
What's in Your Head?
You Misunderstand Me
It's That Time of Year
Not the Time for Christmas Cheer
Oh Baby
An Heir for an Heir
Guilt
Getting Back To Normal
Shock Factor
A Princess is Named
Act III ~ The Knight
Interlude 2013-2016
Part V: Commander Cambridge
Cause to Celebrate
Doing Good
Indomitable
Careful Where You Tread
Whispers in Corners
Milestones Pass By
Me? Plotting?
It's Like A Sport
Eyes on Me
Pretty Things
Snow Fall in Summer
Part VI: Old Wounds Leave Scars
New Addition
The Root of All Problems
Be Warned
I Have Thorns Too
Bruises That Don't Disappear
This Distance Between Us
Double Trouble
So It Begins
Stained Red
Is This My Legacy?
When Duty Calls
Leave Us In Ruins
Curtain Call
I Bleed Red
Rise From Your Ashes
Rose Colored
The World is Too Much
Old Memories
Turning Tables

The Duke and Duchess

6K 197 40
By Antoinette_II

William and Jackie Touch Down for First Royal Tour Together

The new Duke and Duchess of Cambridge touched down in Canada earlier this afternoon, and were greeted by several dignitaries at the Ottawa MacDonald-Cartier International Airport.

Jackie was wearing a scoop neck dress by Canadian designer Erdem Moralioglu with a matching necklace and earring set that she bought while she lived in Paris. It should be noted that Jackie's lack of British brands is most likely intentional to ease the tension between the royal family and the predominantly french province of Quebec.

The couple arrived looking relaxed and excited for their nine day tour, and after making the proper introductions they were ushered to an awaiting vehicle that would take them into the capital of Ottawa where 3,000 people gathered in Confederation Square.

William laid a large wreath on the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier while Jackie placed down a rose bouquet. After the Duke and Duchess spent time talking to veterans of the Canadian Armed Forces before separating to go on a walkabout.

Many brought flowers or gifts and chants of "Jac, Jac, Jac, we want Jac" could be heard throughout the square. Despite the excitement the Duchess seemed to be at her most relaxed state while talking to everyone.

The pair then traveled to Rideau Hall for the official Canadian welcome. Arriving at Rideau Hall, William stood to attention at the start of a 21-gun salute before inspecting the guard of honour.

After official speeches of welcome from the Governor General and Prime Minister Stephen Harper, Prince William began his own address in French to cheers - with Jackie smiling at his efforts close by.

The couple shared a secretive glance before William turned back to the crowd and joked in French, "My wife would be better suited for this job."

As they were leaving the two could be heard joking with the Prime Minister and his wife that Jaclyn would have to tutor William. Otherwise it's a successful start to the tour.

-----

July 8, 2011

The wind whipped her hair around, and Jaclyn tried to keep her hair looking somewhat tame while keeping her dress down. As a dancer she wore spandex under everything, but the last thing she needed was a shot of her legs circulating the internet.

Especially since it was the last day and the rest of the tour had gone so smoothly, and she really didn't want to mess up today.

Her heels clicked against the tarmac, the vivid sun heating up everything around her. William was by her side just as he had been everyday at every moment. His hand slipped down her back guiding her in the general direction before she fell in step just behind him.

They shook hands with the arrival party, and accepted two white cowboy hats from the Calgary Mayor, Naheed Menshi, but Jaclyn couldn't deny that her eyes were searching for a certain individual.

Jaclyn choked on her own heart upon seeing Diamond Marshall. Suddenly, she no longer cared about the wind ripping at her hair or the blazing sun that threatened her pale skin. She only had eyes for the little girl who shyly approached her with a bouquet of hydrangeas.

Seeing her sweet pink dress, and the matching wool headband across her shaved head it struck her how young Diamond really was. She was six. Six and she was battling cancer.

The little girl got one wish, she got to ask for the one thing she wanted more than anything, and she wanted to meet a real life princess and for the first time on the tour Jaclyn felt like a fraud. None of the politicians or important people made her waver in her new position, but the idea of not being enough for this little girl struck fear in her heart. Bea or Eugenie, anyone really would have been better than her.

Diamond came closer, hugging the bouquet to her chest. Jaclyn dropped into a crouch making sure the length of her dress kept everything hidden from the prying cameras off in the distance. The girl gave her a soft smile, and Jaclyn despite her worry of letting her down returned it tenfold.

"We got these for you," Diamond whispered, sticking her arms straight out so the blue and white hydrangeas nearly covered her face. "They're like the ones you had at your wedding."

Jaclyn's eyes widened, taking the flowers. For a second she rubbed the petals between her fingers, thinking over the intimate detail before looking back up to Diamond. "Did you watch the wedding?"

"Yeah, it was really pretty."

To her surprise Diamond flung her arms around Jaclyn's neck, and the blonde had to react fast to keep them both balanced. Jaclyn's own arms secured around the little girl, and she held her there, nestling down allowing her to lie across her chest.

William watched the pair fondly. Admiring the charm his wife easily carried, and how easily it attracted children towards her. Jaclyn was always approachable, but something in her softened around kids like she truly connected with them.

"Hello Diamond," William spoke softly, coming up to crouch beside them. Quickly she pulled back, eyeing him and his tall stature before hiding back in Jaclyn's side. "You're lucky you got to marry a princess," she whispered.

He laughed, "I am, aren't I."

"You know, I'm lucky too," Jaclyn giggled as well, trying to ease Diamond's nerves now that William was with them. "He's very handsome don't you think?"

Bashfully Diamond shrugged, "I guess so."

-----

The day continued to burn bright as they switched from their dressy casual clothes into their jeans, button ups, and boots. Finally doning the white cowboy hats they were given earlier. Jaclyn beamed from where she watched the Calagry rodeo, cheering on the kids as they held onto their sheep for as long as they could.

Events drug on, but it felt like it had only just begun. After meeting Diamond Marshall they were whisked off to Calagry's cancer research center, and from their they kicked off Calagry's Stampede, watching an elaborate parade and riding on the bench of an 18th century wagon.

"Did you ever do anything like this growing up?" William asked in a hushed voice.

"Will, I'm not that country. I grew up in the midwest, but my mom would have died if she caught me at a rodeo."

"Fair enough."

Another kid came out into the ring, the sheep thrashing, and William gulped fighting his wince. With the controversy of animal cruelty around rodeos neither one of them could be seen as looking down on a tradition that was so crucial to Calgary's culture. Jaclyn could see the concerns people had concerning the welfare of the animals, but it wasn't her place to say anything.

The child was thrown off the sheep, his face smacking the dirt ground with a cloud of dust, and William inhaled sharply. It definitely wasn't his typical scene.

Tipping her hat to hide her eyes Jaclyn swept her eyes around the area, landing on William. He was leaned into his hip, the green and black plaid shirt tucked into his tight jeans, hands hooked on his belt loops. It was a look she could get used to.

The gates rattled and Jaclyn turned back to the ring as shouts broke from the excited spectators. Gone were the sheep and boys as the first bull tore through the pen, and as the man on top was thrown like a rag doll Jaclyn gasped. Quickly she covered it with a smile, and she turned to William to see him eyeing her jokingly.

"Like I said I wasn't this country."

"Oh this is where it starts to get fun," Laureen, the Prime Ministers wife, laughed. The brim of her black hat as sharp as her trained eyes watching the next bull and rider come out. They all continued to laugh together and congratulate the winners, William and Jaclyn presenting the prizes.

-----

July 9, 2011

It felt nice being back on American soil for a quick three day tour in Los Angeles.

Jaclyn moved through the day events easily knowing her family was close and she would get to see them in a few days. It helped that the scenery still burned in her memories from all her previous visits, and she knew what to look out for.

However it was equally unsettling. More then a year had passed since her last visit, but it was becoming increasingly clear that the place she once called her home no longer was.

Not that she was back in Illinois yet. Far from it actually.

The Belasco Theatre was just like she remembered from the North American tour she went on with the Paris Opera. Grand in it's architecture with an ability to transport all guests back to the 1920's once the doors were sealed.

But there were many things visibly different this time around.

Gone were the tights, tutus, and ridiculous makeup; replaced by a sleek deep blue designer gown and earrings borrowed from the Queen. Her hair tumbled over her shoulders in restrained curls, and her makeup glowed simply in the golden light.

Whereas last time she had been single and alone, now she walked with William by her side. Despite, the A list celebrity guests, they were the highlight of the evening. Outside people lined the streets with signs just as if they were back in London, many with signs that read: Welcome Home Jackie, we missed you!

And within the nearly gloomy and dark reception people kept peaking at them. For many of these people it was the first time they got to see them as couple, for others it was the first time seeing them ever. Americans especially were curious to how royalty acted, and Jaclyn completely understood.

"Tell me about these charities you're taking on? I can't deny I'm curious."

Jaclyn stared, wide-eyed and slightly starstruck, as the woman from one of her all time favorite movies spoke to her as if it was normal. You're fine, everything's okay it's just Nicole Kidman...

"Well I'm taking on The Royal Ballet School, I feel like it's only fair after all they've done for me. There's also Action For Children, Evilina Children's Hospital, The National AIDs Trust, AUsome Ireland, and the National History Museum." She explained, trying to fight the urge to count each one off on her hands. There would be more, so many more, but for now it felt like a good start.

The actress's eyes zeroed in on her, blue eyes so pale they seemed gray, but Jaclyn stood still under her examination. "The national AIDs Trust... That was... Diana's wasn't it?"

Jaclyn gulped, both hands balancing the wine glass she held, and ever so slightly she scanned her sides to see if William was near. It looked like he was equally cornered. People were bound to notice, to draw conclusions, after all she was going to be the first royal patron to take on the charity since Diana, but how was she supposed to answer?

"Yes, she was," she started, focusing back on Nicole who looked both welcoming and judgemental. "I'm looking forward to continuing her legacy, but to also help in my own way."

The actress smiled, warmth radiating where she once seemed distant, and Jaclyn relaxed finally taking a sip from her glass.

After excusing herself Jaclyn made sure to stop with as many of the upcoming Brits as she could. William was the one as the BAFTA president who helped select them, so it only felt right, and then finally she was able to make it back to his side.

"How am I doing?" She asked in a playfully low voice. They were becoming increasingly good at these secret conversations. His free hand traced up her arm, lingering over the jewels of her short cape before resting briefly on her cheek. His touch cooled the pink heat existing under her skin, but he pulled away all too soon. "I feel like I should be asking how you are?

"I just had a conversation with Nicole Kidman, meaning Satine from Moulin Rouge. How do you think I'm doing?"

"I think we should be thankful Ewan McGregor isn't here. You most likely would've fainted." She scoffed behind her glass, directing her eye roll so only he could see.

"Seriously though, you're doing amazing." Her breathing returned to normal, but with his praise came his impossibly intense gaze, and her flush returned. Just to do something and to take her eyes off his, her hands started adjusting his tie, but he never looked away.

His hand stopped hers, and at the contact she looked up the both of them holding the gaze despite how close they were. His hand over hers right where his heart pounded through his chest. "You're enjoying yourself right? This week hasn't been too hard on you?"

She softened, hand rotating to reassuringly squeeze his. "Not when you're here beside me."

-----

And PART III is done!!! Not gonna lie I need to get better at writing the events that they go to. Hopefully the first chapter of part IV will be up soon. I'm already halfway done with it, and let me say I'm very excited.

Let me know is there anything you guys want to see in the upcoming parts? Remember we'll be picking up in the summer of 2012. Let me know what you guys think!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

56.9K 544 47
' 𝘪'𝘮 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘴𝘤𝘢𝘳𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘫𝘶𝘮𝘱 𝘪𝘧 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘵𝘰' when nicholas and may get married, they embark on a new journey together. but wh...
13.5M 683K 58
**Only the bonus chapter is paid, the rest of the story is (and will stay) free!!** Libby Marks-Whelan is decidedly not a lady. Kicked out of nearly...
1.4K 21 24
Aurora is a simple country girl whom on her birthday took a day trip to the castle. On her eighteenth birthday a series of unaccountable events happe...
45.3K 1K 58
Ella Diana Porter, 21 years old young woman who's born in England but her parents moved to France, is soon going back in England to one of the most p...