The Billionaire's Sweet Troub...

sweetdreamer33 tarafından

After a hot-headed playboy billionaire stands her up for a career-making interview, blogger Sweet vows to rui... Daha Fazla

Season List for The Billionaire's Sweet Trouble
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
Epilogue

01

166K 3.7K 641
sweetdreamer33 tarafından

Sweet

For the ninth time, I checked the time on my wristwatch.

4:15 p.m.

I sighed, uncrossing my legs and shifting on the black leather couch. I straightened my perfectly tailored white blazer. The nervousness I'd felt earlier was gone, replaced with uneasiness.

I was seated in a private office in the Stavrakos Building, one of the tallest skyscrapers in Manhattan, complete with vaulted ceilings and glass windows looking out over the New York skyline—the pinnacle of luxury.

"Where the hell is he? We were supposed to meet at four sharp," I whispered to my best friend—slash editor and personal assistant—Marie Laude, sitting beside me.

"I know, right? I didn't expect a man of his caliber to be late. He has so many people organizing his time."

My lips twisted. "Well, he's a billionaire. Many people want to talk to him."

I was waiting to interview Sebastian Stavrakos, a powerful young Greek billionaire and the heir to the Stavrakos empire. His executive secretary, James Morris, informed me when we arrived that his boss had left and would be back in just a few minutes.

But it was already fifteen minutes past four.

"Maybe he's caught in traffic. We did see construction in the city on our way here. Or maybe the paparazzi caught up to him," Marie said.

I rubbed my palms together. "Let's just wait. I'm lucky he even agreed to this interview. You know how elusive he is with the press."

"Ah—and this exclusive interview will be the perfect final piece for your first book! I'm so proud of you, best friend. You've come so far in your blogging journey."

"Aw, thanks." I hugged Marie quickly. "The Dreamers Publishing House wants me to cover him in one whole chapter. If I can get him to talk about that princess drama he's involved in, the book will sell itself."

"If anyone can get Sebastian to open up, it's you. It's wild how two royal princesses are fighting over him." She shrugged her shoulders. "Though I can't blame them. He's a Greek god—so damn hot!"

We both laughed and giggled.

"Let's keep our fingers crossed. The Dreamers promised five book deals if the first becomes a bestseller."

"You can do it; I have great trust in you." She squeezed my hand. "And you'll make your followers very happy by granting their request to interview Sebastian."

"Yeah," I agreed. "I owe my success to them. Without their love and support for my blog, I wouldn't be where I am now."

"We feel your passion for writing blogs. And you're honest with your opinion, which makes them love you more."

"Thanks, bestie."

"Aww, you know I'm your number one fan."

With teary eyes, we hugged each other.

I started blogging as a hobby, writing about life, love, relationships, and advice until it became a passion. I couldn't believe when my blog, Sweet Blog, went viral six months ago. My following skyrocketed from a few thousand to ten million seemingly overnight.

I still had to pinch myself to believe what I'd achieved, partnering with famous brands and earning lucrative projects and collaborations. Joy overwhelmed me, knowing I was successful in what I was doing. I couldn't explain the feeling of happiness that sparkled inside me. Every day, I was more inspired and motivated to hone my craft and engage with my followers.

That's why, when my comment section flooded with Sebastian Stavrakos, I knew I had to give my readers what they wanted most.

You should interview the billionaire Sebastian Stavrakos. We want him in your blog!

What is your opinion of Sebastian Stavrakos?

I love Seb. Please, I'm begging you, put him in your blog.

Would you fall for a man like Seb?

Do you think the two princesses are crazy fighting over Sebastian?

Why do a lot of women go crazy about Seb Stavrakos?

Do you think men should ban Seb Stavrakos on earth for having everything? The looks, charm, money, and brain.

I couldn't just write about the guy and give my honest opinion if I didn't know him personally. I wanted to write facts, not assumptions. So I boldly pitched the exclusive to my publisher and tried my luck emailing the Stavrakos'. After a week and a few nudges, I was shocked when they granted my request without question.

Marie looked at her watch. "While we're waiting, let's review some facts about Sebastian to make sure you're ready."

"That's a good idea to kill time," I agreed, briefly looking up at the ceiling. I'd spent all night reviewing the details of Sebastian's life. "He's a sensational human being. He didn't need to work up to fame, wealth, and power because he was born to have them all."

"Exactly." She nodded.

"He earned an engineering degree at Harvard University."

She gave me a thumbs up.

"His family owns the world's top robotic company and invests in businesses across all sectors; mining, real estate, airlines, steel, clothing manufacturing..."

Lucky, everyone would say. Most individuals would trade their life with Sebastian Stavrakos.

But the media awarded him no privacy. That was a given, being the son of a controversial mother, Elena Pallis Stavrakos—known as the Rebellious Bride. She walked down the aisle in a black dress on her wedding.

Sebastian wasn't without his own controversy. He set their mansion on fire when he was seven, making the news for months. Since then, the media have captured all his adventures, from joining car racing to climbing Mt. Everest to doing extreme sports.

Girls were head over heels for him. He had a fandom. But lately, his playboy behavior had gotten him in hot water in the news again.

And amid it all, I had managed to secure an interview with Sebastian and the keys to a multi-book deal. I could hardly believe that all my hard work was about to pay off.

***

After waiting an hour in Sebastian Stavrakos' office, James returned with an apologetic smile.

He stood in front of us, holding his phone. "It seems like Mr. Stavrakos can't make it today, ladies. He has an emergency."

"Oh my God." My eyes widened. "That's terrible. What kind of emergency?"

He passed me the phone. "He'll tell you himself."

"Good afternoon, Mr. Stavrakos. This is Sweet Treble." My voice was polite and firm. Professional.

"I'm so sorry, Miss Treble," Sebastian uttered in a very sexy voice, erupting butterflies in my stomach. "I would love to have an interview with you, but unfortunately... I'm in the middle of an emergency right now."

"Oh, no..."

"Oh, yes," he chuckled richly. "My friend from Russia arrived, and... it's the first time we've met in person in a long time."

I could hear the sound of kissing in the background. Doubt crept in about what kind of friendship they had.

"Oh, really? Is your friend... a woman?"

"Indeed. I told her I was going to meet you, but"—he paused, and I heard smacking sounds—"she clings to me so tightly and cries. I have no choice but to postpone the interview. Is that okay with you, Miss Treble?"

"I don't want to press, but this is important, Mr. Stavrakos. I'd promised pages to my publisher by the end of the week. If it's okay, could we do it over the phone instead? I could even shorten the length of the interview."

"I'm afraid I can't, Miss Treble. I can't concentrate with my emergency right now. I have to prioritize my friend's needs."

Discouraged, I sighed.

"Of course. How inconsiderate of me to suggest." I chuckled a little, trying to hide my disappointment. "A good friend is like a four-leaf clover: hard to find and lucky to have. I admire you value your friends, Mr. Stavrakos. It's one characteristic that women are looking for in a man."

"I'm flattered, Miss Treble. I take that as a compliment."

"So, when are we going to meet?"

"How about tomorrow morning? I'll make it up to you for the trouble, Miss Treble. Let's meet at the Elite Golf Course."

"That sounds good."

"You're very understanding. See you tomorrow, Miss Treble. Nine am. On the dot."

"On the dot," I mimicked, smiling.

As long as Sebastian Stavrakos agreed to keep our interview on his calendar, I'd meet him wherever he pleased.

***

The next day, Marie and I wore our cute golf outfits—sporty polo shirts, white skirts with matching golf shoes, and caps. I was armed with my notebook of questions, but yet again, there was no sign of Sebastian Stavrakos.

This time, it was James Morris again who arrived holding his phone.

"I'm so sorry, ladies," he said with the same apologetic tone. "Mr. Stavrakos can't make it again today."

"Why?" My eyebrows snapped together. Surely he wouldn't stand me up again? "What happened?"

"Unfortunately, he had another emergency."

"Another?" Marie's eyes grew big. "Unbelievable."

"Here." James gave me his phone. "He'll explain it to you."

"Hello. This is Sweet Treble," I said, my tone much less sweet than yesterday.

"I'm so sorry, Miss Treble, but I'm in the middle of an emergency again," Sebastian said in his usual sexy voice. It did not affect me today.

"Are you entertaining your Russian friend again, Mr. Stavrakos?"

"No... not anymore," he chuckled. "She left this morning back to Russia. Actually, my other friend from Germany arrived, and the same thing happened. She won't let me go and wants me to stay in bed with her."

"Why? Is she sick?"

"You're right." He clicked his tongue. "She's so hot...feverish. She can't stop moaning in pain."

I heard a smacking sound in the background and loud moaning.

"In pain? You need to call 911. Or should I call them for you, Mr. Stavrakos?"

"No need, Miss Treble. But thank you for your concern. I'm deeply touched." His voice sounded grateful, but I had a feeling he was faking it. "If you don't mind, can we reschedule the interview for this evening? Perhaps in a fine dining restaurant at eight?"

Again? He stood me up twice already.

"That's impossible, Mr. Stavrakos. I'm so busy. I'll have to check my schedule first."

"Okay, some other time then," he answered firmly. "I also have very little time. I'm a busy man, and I don't think I could grant you another interview in the future. So this is goodbye, Miss Treble—"

"Wait," I stopped him from hanging up.

I was torn about agreeing to dinner. Normally, I'd never give someone a third chance. But Sebastian was different. I had a multi-book deal and my publishing dreams on the line. Should I bend my rules for him?

I took a deep breath to calm myself. "Okay. I'll see you tonight, Mr. Stavrakos."

He chuckled, sounding victorious. "You're very sweet, Miss Treble, just like your name. Until dinner, then."

He hung up, leaving me frozen with my hands balled into fists. I turned to Marie, keeping my voice low enough that James couldn't hear.

"If Sebastian Stavrakos stands me up again at dinner tonight, I'm going to make him pay."

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

3.3K 107 6
TRIGGER WARNING ⚠️ ⛔️!! MATURE AUDIENCE ONLY 18+!!! After three, long months in Puerto Rico, Katarina is ready to go back to the city that never sle...
53.8K 1.5K 42
She had her own apartment, her own job, and her own life. Nothing to drag her down. Everything was perfect. Her abusive parents weren't in the pictur...
4.2M 107K 35
REMINISCENT SERIES BOOK - 1 Excerpt: Rose was taking small steps to her husband's study. She had a medical file in her hand with tears in her eyes wh...
402K 8.2K 33
A crime boss struggles to carry out a vendetta after he falls for the spirited daughter of his enemy. ...