Unspoken Intentions(ON HOLD)

By _Rena_1

This is a Dovesso fanfic. I want it to begin before the deans were where they are in the movies. We will get... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17

Preface

232 7 0
By _Rena_1

~Leonora's POV~

   I tried catching myself but I landed face first into the muddy puddle. I kept my mouth closed so I wouldn't eat the mud. The group of people around me were laughing as they walked away just like they do everyday. I hated my life here, no one understood me and for that I was a freak. The village didn't have to say it directly but I know they wanted me gone. I pushed myself off my knees and tried brushing off the mud. Mother was going to be furious with me for ruining another dress she made. I sighed as I felt tears well up in my eyes but I wouldn't let them fall. I wasn't that weak. I made my way around to the bookshop to find something that would distract me. I kept my eyes down as I walked through the throng of people who were here for the market. I smiled as I opened the wooden door of the shop. I could smell the scent of old paper and the perfume the old woman always wore.

"Ah, Leonora! How are you today?" I placed my basket on the table and shrugged.

"Still getting picked on but it wasn't too bad today. Anything new?" The older woman chuckled and motioned for her to follow. We went over to the fantasy section and she pulled out a brand new book called Cinderella.

"Did they write another one?" I've read this one at least a dozen times and it was always a favorite of mine. She opened the book to the first page and there was something new on the page.

"What's that?" The page was marked with two swans facing each other of different colors and the letters s, g, and e underneath of them.

"It's a where, not a what. The School for Good and Evil. It's where all these stories come from." She motioned to the whole fantasy section. I was in awe that such a place did all these.

"Where is it?" Maybe I could get out of Gavaldon for good.

"No one knows. Another time, another world perhaps. Keep this." She handed me said book with the marking and I profusely thanked her.

"Now, you better run on home before it gets dark." I noticed it was past noon and knew I would get home by dusk at this point. I hurried out of the shop and just about ran all the way home. Father wouldn't like me to get home after dark. He always warned me about creatures that lurked in the trees. They would catch anyone that was in the woods and they wouldn't return.

   I got home right before the sun could start descending past the hills of the valley. I opened the door and my mother was stirring the pot of stew for dinner.

"Where have you been? I told you to come straight home after school." I bit my lip and put the book behind my back.

"I'm sorry, mother. The other kids were picking on me again. I couldn't get away for a while." She didn't need to know about my detour through the village. I shifted under her harsh gaze until she sighed in defeat.

"What did they do this time?" I put everything in my basket and walked over to her. I showed her my dress and she shook her head. She lifted the skirt a little and saw all the brown stains and some green streaks.

"I can make you another one in a few days. Go wash up for dinner." I nodded and took my basket into my bedroom. I was lucky enough not to have to share a room with my parents like others did. Maybe that's why I was picked on; the other kids were jealous. I pushed the thought away cause I knew that wasn't true. I took an old rag and used new water to wet it. I wrung it out and went to wipe away the mud that was around my face. I got the best of it out of my skin and it was red with all the rubbing I did. I gasped when I saw red eyes staring at me. The eyes vanished but I could still feel a rush of confidence run through my veins.

   The next day I kept feeling a pair of eyes on me. I felt disgust when I saw the bullies and then anger as they got closer.

"Aww, I thought you would actually get prettier from the mud bath you got. Apparently not, haha!" Everyone laughed and I clenched my fist as my anger rose.

Hit them. They deserve it.

I didn't know what happened but I was suddenly on top of the girl. My fist came down and hit her in the nose and I saw blood pour out. I was pulled back but I just elbowed the person who then was laid next to my standing form.

"She's crazy!" A boy yelled and tried pulling their friends away. I ran after them and effectively caught one. We rolled a bit and I bit into her arm. She screamed and a boy then pushed me away. I felt the adrenaline exit my system and I could taste iron in my mouth. I smiled as they ran away and knew they wouldn't bother me anymore.

"Leonora!" I looked behind me and saw my mother watching me. I lost my smile and looked unbothered. She almost ran up to me and gripped my hair.

"Ahh!" I tried ripping her hand away but she kept her grip.

"You can explain to your father about this!" She let me go when we got into the woods and I just ran. I stayed in my room all day and night even when father and mother were pounding on it. I was lying in bed, looking out the window when I saw the sky turn red. I also saw those red eyes again. I smiled and hurried out the window following the mist with those eyes.

Come little witch

I gasped when I found myself in front of the mist with red eyes. I screamed when it rushed at me and ran with me at an unnatural speed. It let me go and I rolled out in the woods center. The blood red sky brought down a giant birds skeleton. I screamed as it grabbed my shoulders and took me away into the sky.

~Clarissa's POV~

   I sighed as I looked back around my bedroom before I closed the door on my youth. I was already halfway through my school years and my mother wanted me to find a prince. They didn't know that I didn't want a prince. I passed by my brothers room but he wasn't there. I kept walking towards the dining room and saw the whole family there.

"Mother, Father, I'm all ready to leave." I smiled towards my brother and he gave one back. Mother and father were conversing towards a corner of the room. It seemed serious and I feared the worst. My mother came over to hug me and father just stood there. He didn't look the greatest recently but he was trying.

"Clarissa, we have rather unsettling news. Your father and I are stepping down and your brother is taking over the kingdom. I know you want to be a fairy godmother so we didn't think you'd want the throne." I knew this was coming and I sighed but put a smile on.

"While it is unsettling it is good news. The kingdom will always be in great hands. Thank you mother." I gave her a hug and I could feel her sag against me.

"Thank you Clarissa." She kissed the top of my head and went back to my father.

"I would give you a hug but I fear I am sick. You will do great things as well Clarissa." I curtsied towards father and he gave me a bow in return.

"Now, let's get you in the carriage. You wouldn't want to be late for your first day back." I shook my head no and let my brother lead me out.

"I'm going to miss you, Rissa. Keep in touch with us. I want to know everything that happens." I laughed at him but nodded.

"I will. I'm going to miss you too. You know you can always ask me for advice if you need it." I gave him a hug after he tied down my things to the back.

"Always..." He whispered and I felt tears well up in my eyes.

"And forever." We always did this if we were going to be separated for a while. He helped me up and waved as my carriage took off. I waved until I couldn't see him anymore and pulled my arm in. I pulled out my diary and wrote an entry before I fell asleep.

Dear Diary,

     I'm finally on my way to school again. It was harder this year as my brother is now taking the throne. Father is sick and I don't think I will be able to see him again. I don't know what mother will do when something happens but I will be there if it does happen. I wish the school was a bit closer but being on my own is always a great adventure. I'm going to start fairy godmother training this year and I'm excited for it. I know for sure that I'll get a story now but I still have to finish my training. I hope these last two years fly by so that I can help all the other princess's and prince's stories.

Sincerely,

                Clarissa Dovey

   I sighed as I put my diary away. I needed to get some sleep before we arrived so I moved around to where it would be comfortable. I ended up sitting on the floor and leaning against the seat. I gazed up at the stars and wished upon the north star that I would get my own story.

"Princess Dovey, we have arrived." I woke up with a start and saw that we have arrived. My footman was staring at me on the floor and chuckled as I got up to dust myself off.

"Was it comfortable?" I pouted but he just held out a hand for me.

"It actually was." I laughed along with him as he helped me down.

"I shall be back around winter break. Goodbye Princess Dovey." I waved them goodbye and walked into the School for Good. I could never get enough of how the school looked and this year I would be able to get a room by myself.

"Clarissa Dovey." I looked towards my right and saw my best friend; Vincent Daniels. I gave him a curtsey and he gave a bow in return. I laughed and launched into his arms.

"Woah!" We both laughed as he spun me around. Most people would think we were dating but he was just my greatest friend. He knew about my sexual orientation and never said anything against it.

"Same routine like last year?" He asked as we collected our schedules and dorm directions.

"Not this year. I have fairy godmother training starting this year. We can always meet up in the library after classes if you want." We compared our schedules but it didn't seem like we had any classes together besides at mealtimes.

"Your classes don't end until 6pm and mine end at 4pm." He pointed out and I sighed in defeat.

"Maybe before curfew then? Or how about on the weekends?" He chuckled at my enthusiasm.

"We will figure it out. You need to focus on becoming a fairy godmother. I'll see you later, okay?" He patted my shoulder and left to find his other friends.

I haven't seen anything like this unless I missed it somewhere. I really do like backstories so I hope you like this one. This is not canon so I know all the facts may not be right. I will try my best from both perspectives and will always be open for any comments you may have that will help. The chapters will bounce back and forth between the two so Leonora Lesso will start us off for chapter one.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

109K 5.6K 28
In a land full of fairytales and magic a never couldn't be with an ever, it was highly forbidden. But things take a turn as Y/N, the new teacher of t...
7.4K 242 12
The love story of lesso and dovey, in this book you'll see what they have been going through since the beginning, a lot of drama but a lot of love
182K 6.7K 58
๐’๐จ๐ฉ๐ก๐ข๐š ๐‚๐ฅ๐š๐ซ๐ค is smart, quiet, shy and beautiful. She joined crystal high sophomore year and soon won the hearts of all teachers with her...
12.5K 476 29
Yn is the type of girl who wants to blend into the crowd and mind her own business, however, much to the dismay of her, yn barely ever gets time to h...