A Girl Called Lori

By RStoriesz

Lex has been defeated, and Kara and Lena are rebuilding their friendship, with Kara having realised she is to... More

Chapter 1 - A Girl Called Lori
Chapter 2 - Lori at L-Corp
Chapter 3 - The Interview
Chapter 4 - Final Assessments
Chapter 5 - Lori's New Home
Chapter 6 - Lori's Issues
Chapter 7 - Lori Meets Alex
Chapter 8 - Jealousy
Chapter 9 - Indian Food
Chapter 10 - Lori Meets Nia
Chapter 11 - Italian Lunch
Chapter 12 - Another Nightmare
Chapter 13 - Alex & Lori
Chapter 14 - Helen's Check In
Chapter 15 - Kara and Lori's Friday
Chapter 16 - Eliza Meets Lori
Chapter 17 - Making Pizzas
Chapter 18 - Roast Dinner
Chapter 19 - Back to School
Chapter 20 - First Date Preparations
Chapter 21 - Kara & Lena's Date
Chapter 22 - Kara Tells Lori
Chapter 23 - Second Date
Chapter 24 - Sexy Fun Times
Chapter 25 - Christmas Shopping
Chapter 26 - The Terrorists
Chapter 27 - Drive to Midvale
Chapter 28 - Midvale
Chapter 29 - Christmas Eve Part 1
Chapter 30 - Christmas Eve Part 2
Chapter 31 - Christmas Fair
Chapter 32 - Christmas Day Part 1
Chapter 33 - The News
Chapter 34 - Digging Dirt
Chapter 35 - Kara Meets the Lawyer
Chapter 36 - A New Year
Chapter 37 - Custody Petition
Chapter 38 - Stephen Andrews
Chapter 39 - Lori Finds Out
Chapter 40 - Morning Cuteness
Chapter 42 - Court Date
Chapter 43 - Trial Preparations
Chapter 44 - Lawyer Meeting
Chapter 45 - Second Trial Prep
Chapter 46 - Trial Nerves
Chapter 47 - Trial Begins
Chapter 48 - Court Day 2
Chapter 49 - Kara on the Stand
Chapter 50 - Kara Questioned
Chapter 51 - The Investigation
Chapter 52 - Cat Testifies!
Chapter 53 - Finale Part 1
Chapter 54 - A Girl Called Lori

Chapter 41 - Day with Lori

512 23 2
By RStoriesz

After Lena leaves Kara and Lori's apartment for the morning, Kara keeps Lori occupied by helping the young girl shower and everything. However, usually Kara will simply let Lori shower by herself, as seeing as she is 7-years-old, she is more than capable of showering by herself. This time though, seeing as Kara knows that Lori is still down and upset over everything, Kara decided that she and Lori could shower together, in her shower. This ended up with Kara and Lori playing a bit in the shower, with Kara washing Lori's hair, and making it into the shape of a unicorn horn with all of the soap, much to Lori's amusement. Then, in response to this, Kara allows Lori to play with her hair, while washing it with the soap, with the superhero getting down onto her knees in the shower, and allowing Lori to play, which also made the girl smile.

Eventually, after a little while of playing, Kara and Lori get out of the shower, and each change into some comfortable clothes for the day. Kara has already contacted CatCo to let them know that she won't be working today, because she has an issue with her daughter, and then has also told them that she will be working from home tomorrow. That all means that, at least for today, Kara will have no work that she needs to do, and she can just focus all her attention on her daughter, and the 7-year-old's emotional needs right now. Kara knows that the day after Lori has found out everything, is likely to be the day where Lori will end up being the most emotional, as with time, Lori will get used to the news, even if it still upsets her and everything.

"Alright baby." Kara says, as she and Lori walk back into the living room, once they are both dressed, "What do you want to do now? We can do anything you like. We could go to a park and run around and play. Or we could stay inside and do some colouring or something. Or alternatively we could play a game, or just do anything else. It's completely up to you."

Once Kara finishes speaking, Lori simply looks at Kara for a few moments, with a bit of a timid look on her face. Kara can clearly see that without the distractions of getting dressed and showering and everything, Lori is emotional once more.

"Can we..... just cuddle..... and watch a movie?" Lori asks, in a cute voice.

After Lori says this, Kara literally feels her heart clench, for so many different reasons. It makes Kara feel, again, just how much she loves and adores Lori. Honestly, Kara never realised that she could love someone else this way, but she guesses that is what every parent feels once they become parents.

"Of course we can, baby." Kara says, "We can just sit and cuddle for the next few hours, and maybe watch a few different movies. Then, afterwards, it will probably be time for us to go and have lunch with Lena. And when we do, we can choose any lunch option you like to bring with us to Lena's office."

"Okay." Lori says, with a small smile, clearly liking the sound of all that.

"Good." Kara smiles back.

Lori and Kara then both get settled onto one of Kara's couches, with them both moving into a sort of lying down position, and Lori acting as the little spoon, with Kara wrapping her arms around Lori, to hold her tightly, and make the young girl just feel her presence and everything. Then, once they are both in this position, Kara switches on a Disney movie of Lori's choosing, which they both begin watching.

For the next few hours, Kara and Lori simply stay laying on the couch, watching a couple of movies, with Lori not making a move to part from Kara's side at all. Kara knows that it all means that Lori just really doesn't want to not be near her or anything, because of the news. Kara is well aware that this may just lead to some attachment issues which Lori might have with her, which is one of the reasons that Kara didn't want to tell Lori about everything that is happening in the first place. Kara has literally just made the move to start Lori in therapy, to deal with her issues related to her father's death and everything, this will just add to all that, and make resolving and dealing with everything all the more difficult for the 7-year-old.

Eventually, time goes by, and the second movie that Kara and Lori have watched ends, and as it does, Kara sees that it's just after 12, meaning that they can leave now, and go meet up with Lena for lunch. This is because Kara is well aware that Lena can basically take her lunch at any time between 12PM and 2PM. Although, Kara is also aware that unless she actually goes and has lunch with her girlfriend, Lena usually doesn't actually take time to have her lunch and just works through it, with the best-case scenario being Lena's assistant forcing the CEO to eat something, by bringing it into her office. But even if that does happen, Lena will usually just eat while she continues to work. Knowing all that just makes Kara wonder how Lena hasn't got burnt out on doing her job, like many people would be if they were constantly working from early in the morning to late at night, without any breaks, 5 days a week. However, Kara knows that Lena's job is certainly not 5 days a week, as her girlfriend also does more work at home, after work hours, and on weekends too.

"Okay, Lori." Kara says, "I think it's time for us to go and have lunch with Lena."

"Really? Already?" Lori asks, surprised.

Kara chuckles.

"Yeah." Kara smiles, "I guess time past by pretty quick as we were cuddling and watching those movies, huh?"

"Yeah." Lori nods.

Kara and Lori then both sit up from their laying position on the couch, with Kara moving some hair out of the 7-year-old's eyes.

"Now, how about you go put on a jacket and some shoes, and then we'll leave?" Kara suggests.

"Okay." Lori nods.

Lori then walks down the hallway, into her room, in a rather brisk fashion, which Kara knows is because Lori clearly is very eager to see Lena again. While Lori changes, Kara quickly changes herself, putting on her coat and shoes which she has by her apartment door. About 2 minutes later, Lori joins Kara by the front door.

"All done?" Kara asks.

"Yeah." Lori nods.

"Alright." Kara says back, "So, what do you think we should all have for lunch?"

"Big Belly Burgers." Lori answers, quickly.

Kara chuckles at Lori saying that, thinking she very much should have expected that answer.

Admittedly, seeing as Kara is Lori's mom now, usually she actually might reject Lori's choice to have burgers for lunch today, because they did only have burgers the other day, and Kara is well aware that as Lori is human, the young girl shouldn't eat fast food all the time, and eat more vegetables and everything. However, with all the emotions that Lori is experiencing, after having found out about Stephen Andrews, Kara is certainly not going to deny her daughter her request. Kara thinks that it should be fine for them to eat a little less healthy today, just as long as it's not a trend for Lori going forward.

"Alright." Kara smiles, "We'll go pick up some Big Belly Burgers, and then head to L-Corp."

"Yeah." Lori smiles.

Kara and Lori then leave their apartment, off to go see Lena.

*********************

It is now about 20 minutes later, and Kara and Lori are just arriving at Lena's office at L-Corp, with Big Belly Burgers in hand. Now that they are at L-Corp, Kara has certainly noticed a big improvement in Lori's mood, as the girl is clearly very happy and excited to see Lena again, despite seeing her just a few hours earlier. A part of Kara is happy about this, but another part of her truly worries, as she knows that this extreme happy reaction to seeing Lena again, after only a few hours apart, really just shows how emotional Lori must be feeling right now, and how her attachment issues are likely linked to Lena as well as her.

Kara and Lori soon arrive on Lena's office floor, and are greeted by Lena's assistant Jess. Kara, being the nice thoughtful person she is, gives Jess a milkshake that she got for her at Big Belly Burger, knowing that the milkshakes are one of Jess's favourite things. Jess then proceeds to thank Kara and Lori, before letting them know they can go straight into Lena's office, which Lori does, by rushing straight in.

"LENA!" Lori yells, as she goes running into the brunette's office.

Admittedly, for Lena, Lori running into her office like that, and just swinging the doors open, while yelling her name, does startle her a little, mostly from the fact that Lena has literally had previous experiences of people barging into her office with some rather ill intentions, including one time where they accidentally pushed her over her balcony, with her only being saved thanks to Supergirl, or Kara. But right now, Lena quickly hides her surprise, not wanting Lori to get the wrong idea, and think that she isn't happy to see her or anything.

"Hello, darling." Lena smiles, lovingly, as she stands up from her chair.

As soon as Lena stands up from her chair, Lori is already at her side, and takes the CEO in for a tight hug, around her legs.

"I missed you." Lori says.

"It's only been a few hours, darling." Lena comments, as she hugs Lori back.

"I know. But I still missed you." Lori says.

Kara now finally walks into Lena's office, carrying the Big Belly Burger.

"Hello, Lee." Kara smiles.

"Hey." Lena smiles back, but still feels a little tense about being around Kara. Lena just hopes that it's all cleared up when she and Kara actually get to talk this evening.

"We brought Big Belly Burger!" Lori says, eagerly, ending the sort of awkward moment between Kara and Lena.

"Oh, that's nice." Lena smiles, as she looks down at the 7-year-old, "I'm actually pretty hungry. Shall we all go sit on my couch?"

"Yeah." Lori nods, happily.

Kara, Lena and Lori then all move over to Lena's couch, with Kara and Lena sitting at either side of the couch, allowing Lori to sit in the middle of the two of them. Once they have done this, Kara begins to get all of the food out of the bag, and hand it to Lori and Lena.

"Thank you, mommy." Lori smiles.

The group then begin to eat their food together, chatting away with each other as they do, allowing themselves to forget about everything that has been happening recently, which ends up being good for all of them. Lori, she forgets about all the emotions running through her mind, because of potentially being taken away from her mommy. Then Kara also forgets, at least for a moment, that she's still mad with Lena, mostly now for just going behind her back, and the drunken stuff. But as Kara sits here, and sees Lena smile, give Lori affection, and just be happy, it reminds Kara of just why she loves Lena, and how much she loves the brunette. Kara just knows that despite their problems, and despite how angry she feels towards Lena still, they will find a way to get through it. As, at the end of the day, Kara can't ever imagine herself being with anyone else other than Lena now. She, Lena and Lori already make a little happy family, Kara just really really hopes that continues to be the case moving forward, for all of their sakes.

After this, for the next 45 minutes, Kara, Lena and Lori continue talking, and having a good time with one another, while they eat their burgers. However, eventually their time comes to an end, and Kara knows that she and Lori will have to leave, and let Lena get back to work. This, of course, is not something Kara is looking forward to, just because she knows Lori will be upset over it, just like she was this morning when Lena had to leave for work.

"Alright, baby." Kara says, "I think it's time that we leave, and let Lena get on with the rest of her work day."

As soon as Kara says this, Lori grows a sad look on her face, just as Kara knew she would.

"I don't want to go though." Lori says, with a sad pout.

"I know you don't. But we can't stay here all day with Lena. She won't get any work done that way." Kara says.

Lori still has a sad look on her face after Kara says this.

"Darling, go spend the rest of the day with mommy." Lena says, as she moves closer to Lori, and takes her in for a hug, "Then, while you do that, I'll focus on my work, and try and get everything I need to do today done as quickly as possible. That way I can get back home to you as soon as possible, meaning we won't be apart for that long."

After Lena says this, Lori just looks up at Lena for a little while.

"Okay." Lori eventually relents, but still in a sad voice.

After this Kara and Lori soon leave Lena's office, with the 7-year-old giving Lena one last big hug before she and Kara walk back through Lena's office doors, and get into the elevator.

"It's okay, baby." Kara says, "The day will be over before you even know it, and we'll get to see Lena again. But until then, how about we do a bunch of things to keep ourselves occupied?"

"Yeah.... okay." Lori says, in another dejected voice.

"I was thinking that we could start things off by going to the park, and running around a bit, and even going to the playground. How does that sound?" Kara asks, with a smile.

"Good." Lori nods, but once again, still in a sad voice.

Kara and Lori soon leave L-Corp, and they head in the direction of the nearest park, where they do exactly as Kara suggested. They start off just by walking around the park area, and taking in the fresh air, while looking at the beautiful trees and all the grass around them. Eventually though, they come across a playground, which they both walk into, and start playing. Luckily, for both Kara and Lori, seeing as it is the middle of a school day, they each have the playground completely to themselves. So, the pair get to have fun in the entire playground, climbing on the jungle gym, going down the slide, and swinging on the swings. Throughout it all, Kara is very happy to see a big smile on Lori's face.

Eventually, Kara notices that Lori has a bit of a lull in her energy, after playing in the playground for a good hour, so she thinks that it might be best for them to leave, and go and do something else to occupy the time.

"Okay, Lori, are we all done playing in the park for now?" Kara asks.

"Yeah." Lori nods.

"Alright." Kara says, "How about we head to an arcade now, and spend some time there, before heading home?"

"Yes. I'd like that." Lori smiles.

Kara and Lori then proceed to hold hands and walk out of the park, and down a few blocks, until they eventually arrive at a nice arcade. The mother and daughter then soon go inside, and start to play on a bunch of different games, Kara making sure that they have more than enough tokens, wanting Lori to really enjoy herself, and be able to do anything she likes. Kara is happy, just as long as it puts a smile on Lori's face, which it seems to be doing thus far.

Throughout Kara and Lori's time at the arcade, the pair play several different games, and win a lot of tickets, which they ultimately end up redeeming for a stuffed purple unicorn toy that Lori picks out.

"Thank you, mommy." Lori smiles, as she hugs her unicorn.

"You're welcome, baby. Shall we head home now?" Kara asks.

"Okay." Lori nods.

Kara and Lori then head on home, and when they do arrive, Kara notices that Lori is looking very tired. So, because of that, Kara decides to let Lori have a nap on her bed for a little while. Even though Lori is 7-years-old, and shouldn't really need naps like toddlers do, Kara thinks that her daughter could do with one, simply because the young girl has clearly still tired herself from all her emotions, and all the stuff the two of them have been doing today. So, Kara helps Lori into her room, and lies her on the bed, with the young girl cuddling her unicorn toy as she slowly drifts off to sleep.

Kara proceeds to watch Lori sleep for a little while, placing a kiss on the 7-year-old's forehead, and growing a smile on her face as she thinks about how much she loves her. Eventually though, Kara heads out of the bedroom, and leaves Lori alone for the time being.

***************************

It is now about an hour later, close to 5PM, and Kara is about to go and wake Lori up from her nap, not wanting her daughter to sleep for too long, and then not be able to sleep tonight. However, just as Kara is about to wake Lori up, there is a knock at her apartment door, so she goes over to open it, and finds that Lena is standing there.

"Oh, Lena!" Kara says, surprised.

"Hi." Lena smiles, "I.... I thought I'd knock.... instead of using my key."

"Okay." Kara nods, a bit awkwardly, "Please, come in."

Kara then opens the door wider, and allows Lena to walk inside the apartment. As Lena does this, both Kara and Lena still feel awkward over everything, simply because they each feel like they are walking on eggshells, for differing reasons.

"Where's...." Lena says.

"You got off work...." Kara says, at the same time as Lena.

"Sorry...." Lena says, now growing another awkward look on her face.

"No. It's okay. Go ahead." Kara says, with a nod of her head, really not liking how awkward things feel between her and Lena now.

Kara is well aware that things are clearly this awkward and tense between them because of everything that happened yesterday, and also because right now is actually the first time Kara and Lena have been alone together after everything, as previously they have always had Lori with him.

"I was going to ask, where's Lori?" Lena asks, in a soft voice.

"Oh." Kara says, "She is just having a little nap. After we left your office we went and played in the park for a while, before heading to the playground and playing there too. Then after that, we went to an arcade and played for about an hour and a half. We then came back here, and by that point, Lori was a bit tired, so I let her have a nap for a little while. I was actually just about to go and wake her up before you knocked."

"Oh, well, don't let me stop you from going and waking Lori." Lena says, a bit awkwardly.

"Uhhh....." Kara says, and actually thinks that now might be a good time for her and Lena to talk, alone, rather than them not talking, and continuing to feel like this for the rest of the evening until Lori actually goes to bed.

"Oh, right." Lena interrupts, "You wanted to say something to me."

"It's not that." Kara says, "But, I was going to say earlier, you got off work early, as it's only just after 5 now."

"Yes." Lena nods, "I do still have some work to do, that's why I have brought my laptop with me, in my bag. But I thought I'd come and be with Lori as soon as possible. So, I left work at around 4, quickly went back to my penthouse to get some more clothes, and then came here. I would have texted you, but my phone died on the car ride from my office, as I forgot to charge it last night, as I was here."

"Oh, okay." Kara nods, "I have a spare charger you can use."

"Don't worry. I grabbed one from my penthouse." Lena says.

"Right." Kara nods.

There is then another awkward silence between Kara and Lena, as they just stand there, not saying anything.

"Are you going to go wake up Lori?" Lena eventually asks.

"Oh.... uhmmm...... actually, I was thinking that maybe we could talk now, before I wake up Lori, just so we can clear the air and everything.... and..... our interactions stop feeling like..... well.... like this..." Kara says, while making a gesture pointing between herself and Lena.

"Oh..... yeah..... okay..." Lena nods, a bit awkwardly, while biting her lip slightly.

"Shall we go sit on the couch?" Kara says, gesturing towards her living room.

"Sure." Lena nods.

Kara and Lena then both walk into the living room area of Kara and Lori's apartment, with each of them taking a seat on one of Kara's couches, but leaving some space between them, which very much signifies the sort of awkwardness and tenseness that is between the two girlfriends right now.

"Look, Lena, I'm just going to lay everything out on the table for you, about how I feel and everything, as this morning, before you and Lori woke up, I did have some time to talk to Alex, and she helped me work through some stuff. Then, at the same time, I've had all day to think about things too." Kara says, "So, firstly, I want to say that I'm still mad at you, and I'm probably going to be mad for a little while. But you need to know, that doesn't mean I don't love you anymore, because I do. I will always love you. And when I got angry at you yesterday, after you said that stuff to Stephen Andrews, I shouldn't have threatened to break up with you over it all. I know that may have played into some of your fears, and own emotional issues and everything. So, I'm sorry for that. But I am still mad at you for what you did. I understand that you brought all that up out of a place of love for Lori, and wanting to desperately keep her, so I get that. And, after talking with Alex, I'm not really that mad at you simply bringing that up yesterday. I'm more mad that you did it behind my back. You knew you were going to do that, and talked with Alex about it, and didn't mention it to me because you know I wouldn't have approved. That really upsets and annoys me, Lena."

"I'm sorry." Lena says.

"I know." Kara replies, "But, let me just finish all this, as otherwise I'll lose my trail of thought, and I want to get it all out."

"Okay." Lena nods.

"So, as I was saying, I'm still mad at you for that. But, I'm also mad at you for being drunk yesterday. I know that you have your own life and everything, and you have every right to be drunk, and drink, even though I do think that maybe we should have another talk in the future about you potentially finding some better coping mechanisms, because I don't want you to just turn to drink every time we have a fight. But anyway, I'm mad at you for being drunk, because with me having Lori now, I expect you to be a bit more responsible. When I called you yesterday, you should have told me you had been drinking, and then let me make the decision whether you should have come over or not. As I know that you love Lori, just as much as me, but you put us in a precarious position yesterday, as I was very worried that you might have accidentally said something, in your drunken/tipsy state, which could have upset Lori further. So yeah..... that is where I am at with everything." Kara says.

"Okay." Lena nods, taking a deep breath, "Well, firstly, thank you for saying what you said, about still loving me, even though you are mad at me, as you are right, that sort of stuff, you being angry at me and everything, does play into some of my own issues, caused by my childhood and everything. So, I really appreciate you saying that. Then, as for everything else, I'm sorry I didn't tell you about the stuff I had on Stephen Andrews. You are right, I knew you wouldn't approve, and I was very conflicted about using that information, it was Alex that just pushed me over the edge to use it. But I'm not trying to blame Alex, it was still my decision. She was just the reason I needed to actually use it. But I used it, because like you, I'm terrified of losing Lori."

"I know." Kara nods, growing a sympathetic look.

"Then as for the drunken stuff, you are also right, about me not having any healthy coping mechanisms. I do need to find something healthier, as I know I can't continue to rely on drink, as that could lead me down a horrid path. But also, I guess when I was drunk and you called, I didn't even think about what you said, about it not being great with me being drunk around Lori. That is just something I have had to learn now. I don't have a lot of these social skills, and skills about knowing what I should do in certain situations like you and Alex have. So, I'm sorry about what I did, but I'm going to learn from it, and there might be more mistakes on my part in the future, but I will continue to try and learn from it all, and better myself." Lena says.

Kara now grows a small smile on her face.

"Okay." Kara nods, "I can accept all that."

"Good." Lena says, responding with her own small smile.

"I'm still mad at you though." Kara says, with a bit of a pout.

"I know." Lena nods.

"I still love you, and want to kiss you though." Kara says.

Lena chuckles, lightly.

"Then go ahead. I won't stop you." Lena says.

Kara then leans over to Lena, and takes her in for a light kiss, it being their first kiss in over 24 hours, which is a record amount of time the two have gone without kissing since they began dating.

"I love you." Lena says, once they part.

"I love you too." Kara smiles, "Now, shall we go wake Lori?"

"Yeah. Okay." Lena smiles back.

*******************

If you would like to see some of my other content, check out these links: https://linktr.ee/Rstories

********************

This fic is going on a 2 - 3 week pause, as I'm going to be writing a Christmas Supercorp fic instead.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3K 67 1
Supercorp, After discovering Kara's identity, she sends her away. The Justice League helps her with her feelings.
46.4K 1.4K 47
Kara has finally revealed to the world that she is Supergirl. She was becoming more of herself not the ones being divided by Kara Danvers and Supergi...
6.9K 183 30
After Kara reveal her identity as Supergirl (on season 6), the reporter tries to get used her new life without secrets and her insecure to face the c...
30.1K 671 10
Kara Danvers is a 19-year-old college student in National City, studying journalism, and she has just moved from her hometown and adopted family. Her...