The Ugly One *Charlie Weasley*

By HopefulNiall

Beauty and confidence destroyed by an ugly mark, Saffron Hawthorn believed she'd never be loved again. And st... More

The Ugly One *Charlie Weasley*
Intrigued
Afternoon Awakening
Dinner Disaster
Stay
Departure
Eggs On Toast
Packing
Platform Nine and 3/4
Watch
Accidental Ledge
Fear
Wake Up
Explanations
Disappointment
Remus Lupin
Diagon Alley
Expectations and Apologies
Having To Go
Snow Day
Guilt and Uneaten Sandwiches
Caught
Curiosity Killed The Cat But Satisfaction Brought It Back
Home
A/N
Lies and Truths
Sorted
Christmas
Boxing Day
New Years
Desire For Peace
Crazy
Twists
Different Types Of Anger
Understood
Future Thoughts
Heey
Obssessed
Rainy Kisses and Missed Birthdays
A Molly Weasley DnM
Names
Wizarding Wars
St Mungos
The End of Times
Romania
First Day
It's All Good
Jealous Maybe
Missed
Trust?
Rivalry
Aftermath Feelings
Aftermath Feelings - Part 2
Saturday Dance Night
Friends
Do You Love Me
Skillz
Good
Promotion
First Date
Thank you <3
Questions!
Authors Note!
Yay!
Epilogue

Two Can Play

1.6K 56 20
By HopefulNiall

Another busy day in the south wing and Saffron was exhausted by the lunch.

New dragons had arrived and some of them weren't the nicest sort.

"They're quite the crazies," Nathan said as Saffron stitched up his arm.

"I can imagine," Saffron's eyes went wide for a few moments.

"Yeah. Hey look, I was wondering if you weren't going with anyone, would you go to the dance this weekend with me?" Nathan asked hopeful.

Saffron held back a sigh.

It was the third ask she had received that day and none of them were bad by any means, but she had already promised Christina and she didn't really fancy going with another male.

"That's sweet of you to ask Nathan. But I already have plans to go with someone, sorry," Saffron smiled apologetically.

"That's ok. Doesn't hurt to ask," Nathan smiled. Saffron returned it, before tying of the end of the stitch and summoning a band-aid.

"There you go," Saffron said, happy with her work. "All done."

"Thanks Saffron," Nathan smiled before leaving.

"I'm off to lunch," Saffron said, beginning to remove her gloves.

"Could you take the next one first?" Erica asked quickly. "Sorry it's just I've got three more after."

"I can do it," Saffron nodded, going to get the next person to come in.

"Hey Saffron," Curtis greeted her as he entered the room.

"Curtis, hi," Saffron gulped. "What can I do for you?"

"This please," Curtis lifted his jacket out of the way and pulled up his singlet, a matching gash below his other one.

"Doesn't look too bad," Saffron inspected it. "Few stitches and you'll be right."

"Sounds great," Curtis smiled as Saffron cast a spell to numb his skin.

"So how are you handling everything?" Curtis asked and Saffron sighed.

"I'm ok," Saffron shrugged.

"I know it's only been a few days, and what Charlie's saying is wrong. But I'm glad you're ok," Curtis smiled.

"What Charlie's saying? What is he saying?" Saffron asked, stopping her work.

"Oh, you haven't heard?" Curtis' eyes grew wide.

"No," Saffron shook her head.

"Oh."

"What is he saying?"

"Just that you weren't the greatest girlfriend and..," he trailed off.

"And?"

"And that kissing you with your scar was gross," he murmured.

"He said that?" Saffron asked.

"Yes," Curtis nodded.

"Are you sure you didn't just hear that? It doesn't really sound like Charlie," Saffron said.

"I'm sure. Saffron I really wouldn't lie to you about this. I overheard his saying this to Dan, Tim and Sinead. You can ask them if you like. I just thought that you should know," Curtis said.

"Oh, well thank you," Saffron gulped.

"Any time Saffron," Curtis said meeting Saffron's eyes. "I have a question I'd like to ask."

"Yes?" Saffron began stitching his stomach.

"Would you like to go to the dance on Saturday with me?" he asked.

"Curtis, thank you for asking me. But unfortunately, I've already made plans to go with Christina."

"Oh, well would you at least give me a dance then?"

"One dance," Saffron sighed, not really thinking.

"I'll see you Saturday, if not before," Curtis smiled as Saffron finished up.

"See you," Saffron said, slipping off her gloves.

"Hey Saffron, just quickly. What Curtis was saying about what Charlie said-"

"It's ok Erica, I don't believe him," Saffron smiled.

"Well, maybe you should. I was just healing Alex and he said that Charlie's been telling all the workers that. I just wanted to let you know."

"He can't have said that. It doesn't sound like him," Saffron bit her lip.

"I know it doesn't. But heartbreak can do stuff to a person."

"It's only been under two days," Saffron sighed.

"I know," Erica said.

"Well, I'm going on lunch. I'll be back," Saffron said. Erica nodded and Saffron left the wing.

Walking to the dining hall she still didn't believe that Charlie would say something like that. Until she heard a group of people outside the dining hall.

"Charlie said it was so gross to kiss her. I mean with her scar, I don't even know why Charlie would go for her in the first place," a red haired girl pulled a face.

"Shhh Tameka, she's coming," a hushed tone said and the group of five turned to watch her as she entered.

Saffron ignored their looks, her mind already processing what they had said. So Charlie really was saying that. She couldn't believe it was true.

Angrily she grabbed a sandwich. Squeezing the delicate bread, cheese falling out the sides.

She ate a few bites before being to angry and hurt to eat. She threw the rest out, wiping her hands as she headed out the door, where she came face to face with the red haired man himself.

"Saffron," Charlie said, slightly stunned.

"You need to stop Charlie," Saffron snapped.

"Stop? It's not my fault I have lunch the same time," Charlie frowned gently.

"What? No. You need to stop saying what you're saying. It's disgusting, you're disgusting!" Saffron exclaimed.

"Saying? If you think I'm the one who spread the rumour, Saffron I swear-"

"Stop Charlie. Stop saying those things. First it was Curtis who told me and I didn't believe him, then Alex and people I don't even know! It's hurtful Charlie!" Saffron cried.

"Saffron, I didn't say that, I would never. You know that," Charlie said, reaching out for her hand.

"I thought I did," Saffron said, yanking her hand away and storming away from him, ignoring him calling out to her.

Hurrying back to work Saffron found Erica speaking with Lenard.

"She's gone out to lunch," Erica explained.

"When will she be back?" Lenard asked.

"Now," Saffron said, Lenard turned to face her, a smirk on her face.

"Wonderful, I need to speak with you please," Lenard said and Saffron nodded, following her to the outside of the tent.

"You were late this morning," Lenard said.

"I know, and I'm sorry," Saffron said.

"Sorry is not a good enough excuse," Lenard said.

"I haven't been sleeping well. I slept in, I'm sorry," Saffron said.

"Sleeping in is an excuse you might have gotten away with at school miss Hawthorn, but here you won't. If this happens again, there will be consequences," Lenard said.

"Yes miss," Saffron said.

"Good. Broken hearts are not for the workplace Saffron. You should have thought about that," Lenard said. "You have affected a co-worker as well Saffron. That too is not good for the workplace."

"It wasn't intentional."

"Oh, so breaking up with someone isn't to intentionally hurt them?" Lenard asked.

"I broke up with Charlie because I thought it best. I wanted Charlie to be happy. I didn't do it to hurt him," Saffron said firmly, looking Lenard straight in the eye, showing her that she was not scared of her.

"Breaking up with Charlie was for the best of your relationship yes, Saffron," Lenard smiled. "But hurting him you did. But don't worry, I'll make sure he get's all the help he needs."

"I think Charlie's fine," Saffron said.

"We'll see," Lenard said, writing a note on her clip board.

"Stay away from Charlie Saffron. If you want to keep job that is," Lenard smirked before walking away.

Saffron was filled with rage. She knew Charlie would never go back to Lenard, she was sure of that. But she was furious with the threat that Lenard had given her. No way was she going to let it get to her. She snapped her gloves on and got back to work, forgetting about Lenard and Charlie's hurtful words.

Charlie was fuming that Saffron really believed that he had sent the rumours around. He loved her and kissing her was anything and everything but gross. He still got lost in the idea of kissing her.

Shaking away the thought of her lips, he decided to get to the bottom of this and make sure Saffron knew.

"And so I asked Saffron," Charlie heard a voice say as he got back to work, recognizing it as Curtis' he stopped to listen.

"Bad idea. She's said no to everyone, this mystery person," he heard a reply.

"Well I know who that mystery person is," Curtis continued.

"You?" the second voice asked in disbelief.

"I asked her if she'd go with me and she thanked me for asking her," he could hear the smile in Curtis' voice.

"Wow, after the rumour that's going round I'm surprised you asked her."

"Well I'm sure the rumour is nonsense. Just Charlie losing his temper. Besides, I'm sure she'd be delightful to kiss!"

"Too bad you'll never know," Charlie said stepping around the corner.

"Charlie," Curtis said, not a lick of surprise in his voice. "I guess we'll see about that on Saturday."

"No we won't because if I know Saffron and I do, she won't be kissing a tosser like you," Charlie snapped.

"Sure Charlie, after the rumour that's been sent round, I'm sure she'd be happy to kiss anyone but you," Curtis grinned.

"You sent that rumor around," Charlie said and by now the second guy had gone.

"Good job Charlie," Curtis said.

"You better tell Saffron the truth!"

"Now why would I do that? I see it's worked out yeah? Saffron will be dancing with me at the dance and kissing me, and you'll be alone in the corner, watching us and missing out."

"You are seriously willing to lie to Saffron to get her to date you?" Charlie asked.

"Why not if it works?"

"Because it won't work. Saffron hates lies and when she finds out you lied, and she will, she will not be kind to you. Kissing you is off the charts. We've been split for a day and you're already trying to sweep her off her feet. I'm not surprised actually," Charlie growled.

"Good. That would make you stupid if you weren't," Curtis said. Charlie hand curled into a fist. This was the moment he was waiting for for a long time.

"Curtis I-"

"Charlie," Charlie spun around, Lenard looking on innocently from the entrance, clip board in hand.

"Lenard," Charlie loosened his fist.

"Mind if I have a word, that's if you're not busy?" Lenard asked.

"No I'm free," Charlie said, glaring at Curtis, following Lenard out of the room.

"I just wanted to make sure you're ok Charlie," Lenard said concerned.

"I'm ok," Charlie said.

"If you need anyone Charlie, I'm here," Lenard said. "Break ups are hard."

"Yeah," Charlie nodded, looking at his feet. He was still fuming. Saffron really going with Curtis? The guy he hated most. Well then, two can play at this game.

"Well I'll see you later," Lenard said turning around.

"Lenard wait," Charlie said.

"Yes?" Lenard stopped.

"Will you go to the dance on Saturday with me?"

"I'd love that Charlie," Lenard turned, smiled at him then walked away.

Guilt pierced his stomach but Saffron asking Curtis was too soon.

A/N Dedicated to HPDWFAN , thank you for your lovely comments!

I was in a very good mood this evening so here is another update!

Yes, yes you may love me! haha

I unfortunately have to wok nine hours tomorrow (uggggggghhhh) then all day the next as well. I'm hoping to creat another update tomorrow evening but that depends on how exhausted I am!

If I don't, expect one my sunday night! Or Saturday night if you're on the other side of the world ( I am in Australia )

Thank you lovelies! love love <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 146 71
Written in first person, this is story of a Ravenclaw, Mary, who falls in love with Fred Weasley. At first, it's perfect, but she learns that he has...
139K 4K 47
(Y/n) Black is going to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry to learn all about her newly found powers. She will either be sorted a Slytherin o...
284K 5.5K 33
(Y/N) Weasley falls for a certain professor at Hogwarts. WARNING: ~ SMUT ~ SWEARING ~ AGE GAP Key for the chapters: ~ (β€’) normal chapter ~ (β€’β€’) sm...
207 8 7
DISCONTINUED FOR NOW Evangeline Weasley is the sixth born of the Weasley children. After the war she is living with her boyfriend Nathan. Her family...