Second Chances

Bởi lyssspotter

A sequel to The Best Thing. Feyre is a junior at Harvard and still reeling from the traumatizing loss of her... Xem Thêm

Remembering You
Something About You
Why Me
Time Flies
Guys Night
Camping Trip
Fire Pits
Fourth Of July
Fall Semester
The First Game
Girl's Night Out
Sunday Mornings
Fall Is Here
Our Last Night
Heading Home
Thanksgiving
Missing You
Break Is Over
Self Control
Someone's Watching Me
You're All I See
Home For The Holidays
Introductions
New Years Eve
Repercussions
Moving In
Her
Persistency Is Key
Dinner For Two
Taking It Slow
Decisions Made
My Water Broke
I Can't Believe It
Where Has The Time Gone?
The New Normal

Taking Chances

601 9 1
Bởi lyssspotter

Storm

It's been a a few days since I took Feyre out on a date. We've been texting every day since and already have our next date planned for tomorrow night. I'm taking her mini golfing and then for ice cream. She said she would he down to eat at the mini golf place and it's one of the things I like most about her. She doesn't need expensive dinners, jewelry or flowers to make her happy instead she likes the simple things.

The only problem is not wanting that stuff only makes me want to give it to her even more. We finish practice when Jack walks over to me in the locker room "Are you taking her out again?" He asks almost sounding concerned.

"Yeah, tomorrow night" he nods.

"You know I'll fuck you up if you hurt her right?"

"I know and I don't plan on hurting her" I say honestly because it's the truth.

"Good, I don't want to see her get hurt again. Not after what she went through with Archer. I want to see her happy again and if it's with you that's even better. I know you're a good guy but I've also seen you fuck around, so if you're with her then it's only her got it?"

"I got it, I have to so much as looked at another girl since the party. I don't plan on it"

"Okay good" we finish changing and I take off.

I've been thinking about her all day and say screw it. I stop by my favorite Chinese restaurant and grab take out for two. Then I head to her apartment and show up at her front door, completely unannounced. As I head up the elevator I pray she likes surprised and I know this can easily bite me in the ass. But, I'm already here so I have to go through with it.

I stand in front of her door with food in hand and take a deep breath in, then exhale and knock. It takes a moment before I hear foot steps on the other side and then the lock clicks. The door opens and she's standing in front of me with her hair in a messy bun on top of her head. She has an oversized Harvard shirt on with leggings and white fuzzy socks she looks beautiful.

"Storm? What are you doing here?" She stares at me in a mixture of shock and embarrassment.

I hold the bag of food up "I was in the neighborhood and hoped that you like Chinese" I say with a grin.

She's silent for a moment "I uh... I do actually. Come inside" she steps to the side and I walk in.

I take my jacket off and rest on one of the stools at the counter. She walks past me into the kitchen and grabs plates and silverware. I set the bag in the counter and start pulling the boxes out "I got a little bit of everything, I hope that's okay" I say nervously.

"That's fine with me, I'm not picky" we scoop piles of food onto our plates and then I follow her over to the couch. She moves the blanket she was using and book that she was reading aside.

"Where's Kenzie? I'm sure there's enough food for her to" she smiles as she scoops a spoonful of fried rice into her mouth.

"She's on a date" she says and my eyes widen.

"A date? With who? Does Jack know? So many questions and all she does is chuckle.

"With a guy she met at work this past weekend. I'm not sure if Jack knows but I know he'll be upset. Whatever's going on between them... I stay out of it"

"He likes her a lot" I say and she sips on her water.

"I know he does and I'm sure she feels the same way. But she's too... I don't know what to take a chance with him. Her parents had a nasty divorce when she was young and she just never had relationships because of it I guess"

"What about you? Are you a relationship kind of girl or ....?" I don't finish the last part because I don't know what appropriate word to use without coming off like a jackass.

"I don't know honestly. I definitely don't sleep around but I don't mind having fun sometimes. After my ex died, I kind off swore of guys and never let anything get serious. I guess I felt guilty or they never made me feel anything more... so I never perused more" Being vulnerable with him makes me feel a little uncomfortable.

"What happened? If you don't mind me asking" she sets her plate down on the coffee table and sits back.

"I don't talk about this much, but it might feel good to. It was the night of our high school graduation and we both had been drinking at this party when we decided to wander down to the beach. I thought it would be a fun idea to skinny dip and he followed me. We swam around and had fun, until a wave carried us into the undertow. Jack rushed in to save me but it was too late for Archer" tears stream down her cheeks and she quickly wipes them.

I stare at her, speechless and heartbroken. I can't even comprehend what she went through almost dying herself and then losing him. My heart hurts for her "I'm so sorry you went through that Feyre. I can't even imagine.... You're a lot stronger than most people though"

She does a half smile, laugh kinda thing as she reaches for her water "I don't think it'll ever get easier but I know I have to try to move on"

"How long were you together for?" I ask.

"We had known each other since we were seven, his family moved in next door to mine. We were best friends growing up, me, him and Jack. We didn't get into a relationship until freshman year of high school so we had official been together for three years or so"

"I don't even know what to say" I set my plate down next to hers.

"I didn't mean to make this awkward... I'm sorry" she apologizes when I was the one who asked.

"No... no don't apologize Fey. I asked about him and you were honest. I just mean, there's nothing I can say to make the pain you feel disappear and I wish I could" she smiles at my sincerity.

"Thank you, I appreciate that. You know you're not the asshole, player that you come off as to other people" she says truthfully.

"Oh yeah? Good to know" I say sarcastically to help lighten the mood.

"Really though, Storm. This side of you right here.... A lot of people would like it. I like it" she says and her cheeks flush.

"I'm glad you do and it's not that I hide this side of me. It's just not a lot of people take the time to get to know me. They assume shit or listen to the rumors so I don't find a point, but it's different with you"

"I'll admit that I fed into the rumors and things people said and I'll also admit that I was wrong. You're a really good guy" my face lights up at her compliment.

"Thank you, that means a lot to me"

"So, you're close with your mom and sister?" She asks and we start talking more about our families.

She tells stories about her and Jack's childhood like the time he played dress up with her and put on a princess dress I'll save that for ammunition later and about the games Asher would bring them to. I open up more about my dad and tell some of my favorite memories with him. Then we talk about music, books, movies, sports and what we want to do after college. The more she opens up the stronger my feeling continue to get for her.

We hang out for the rest of the night, just talking and laughing. I see a side of her that I never expected to see and it only makes me think that she's that much more beautiful inside and out. The way her eyes light up when she talks about her family or writing, how she loves Jack so much and how Kenzie is like a sister to her. I jump, hop, and skip a few steps in my head thinking about how much my mom will love her when they meet.

When it gets late I tell her that I should get going. She walks me to the front door and I put my jack back on "Are we still on for our date tomorrow?" I ask and she nods.

"Of course, we are thank you again for dinner" she unlocks the door and I grab her by the waist and pull her into my chest.

I use one of my hands to cup her cheek as she stares into my eyes "I'm going to kiss you again" I say and she licks her lips.

"Please do..." before she can finish my lips are on hers and that feeling spreads through me like a wild fire.

She parts her lips slightly, allowing entrance for my tongue and I swiftly take it. She moans against my lips and it's the sweetest sound, I feel my cock twitch and I tell myself to pull away before this goes farther than it should. So, I slowly pull back and admire her flushed cheeks and swollen pink lips.

"Good night Beauty" I peck her one last time and then walk out the front door.

I get out to the fresh summer air and let out a breath I didn't realize I was holding in. I walk across the street to my truck and head home. The whole drive I have a goofy smile plastered across my face as I replay the last few hours over and over in my head.

She's the first girl in a long time that I want to take things slow with. I don't want to rush her into anything she's not ready for or fuck this up. I typically mess up all the good crap that happens to me and I want this time to be different more than ever. When I get to the house some of the guys are playing video games in the living room.

"Where did you disappear to Cap?" Kent asks as I enter the kitchen.

I grab a water from the fridge "I hung out with Feyre" his brows raise.

"Don't you have a date tomorrow?" I nod.

"Yeah but I wanted to see her tonight as well" I say with a grin.

"Getting serious already?"

"No, we're just getting to know each other but I'd like to make it serious when she's ready"

"Wow, never thought I'd see the day that Storm Denton wants to get serious with a chick" he says sarcastically.

"Yeah well, the right girl can change things for you" he shakes his head and laughs.

"I guess so" he walks out and I can't help the unsettling feeling that his words leave behind.

I grab another water and then head up to my room. I change into basketball shorts and then lay back in my bed. I grab my phone off the night stand and see a text from Fey, it's a funny Gif that reminded her of something we had talked about. We end up texting for a bit, until I'm hardly able to keep my eyes open.

What I feel towards her already is pretty scary. It reminds me of how I once felt about my ex and that ended poorly. But, Fey's different... she's not my ex and unlike any other girl I've met. I keep telling myself that I don't want to screw this up. I hope that I don't and I pray that she's falling for me just as hard.

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

184K 3.5K 24
Anastasia has always lived in the shadows of her popular and overprotective brother, Alexander. Now on the verge of her sixteenth birthday, Anastasia...
100K 1.8K 34
*complete* *sequel to Not All Hockey Boys are Bad* Recovering from that disastrous hockey tournament, Jack and Rosie have finally made it to graduati...
5.6K 121 37
With her nose in books and his brawn getting him nowhere on or off the ice, they find themselves drawn together, sharing their baggage and behaving b...
19.5K 219 26
PLAYING FOR REAL is a sequel to PLAYING FOR KEEPS. It is recommended, as it is a continuation, to read Playing for Real before reading Playing for Ke...