RWBY: The Remnant Past

By GreenKing309

Remnant: the definition of remains of something. it has been like this for a millennium. But when The Old Wor... More

UCSA bio
Trailer
UCSA Army
UCSA equipment (updated)
UCSA Vehicles pt. 1
UCSA vehicles pt. 2
UCSA aircraft
UCSA Navy
UCSA Airships/starships
UCSA Mechs
UCSA robots
UCSA buildings
UCSA defense
UCSA superweapons
USCA fortress
Atlas army
White Fang
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
MERRY CHRISTMAS!
chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6 pt. 1
Chapter 6 pt. 2
Chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
Atlie
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
???
Chapter 16 pt1
chapter 16 pt2
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapters 19
Chapter 20
Bloopers
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
???

Prologue

1.4K 25 28
By GreenKing309

Five hundred years. Five hundred years where the shadows block the light. The creatures of darkness named the Grimm terrorized the land, People of animal features named the Faunas were discriminated to the point where the White Fang, a peaceful protest group, turned terrorist. And humans are struggling to survive with the help of the huntsman. And the secret war between the reincarnating Wizard named Ozpin and the immortal Witch named Salem.

BUT IT WASN'T LIKE THIS BEFORE

The corpse that Remnant is standing on is Earth hundreds of years ago, there were many wars, conflicts and many people were starting to protest around the world to stop the senseless conflict. But none could have foreseen the judgment that came.

One day Luna, the planet's moon, was destroyed by an asteroid that many scientists said killed the dinosaurs millions of years ago. Causing many disasters to break out at one time. Survivors called it Ragnarök, Armageddon, Judgment Day, but the most common one was the Great Collapse.

Many nations were destroyed by the Collapse, and continents sunk beneath the waves to give rise to the new. All except two, North and South America. By a miracle both North and South survived the collapse. But didn't get away unscathed, many coastal cities and islands have been damaged and thousands have died in the disaster. In the state of emergency, the United States and many other governments declared martial law and funded many organizations to help rebuild the continents. Turning the entire contented nations into an oligarchy. The people refused at first, but the governments promised to go back to the things they were after the reconstruction was complete. The people reluctantly agree.

This has been going on for fifty years during this time it was a massive reconstruction era of the continents. And when reconstruction was over the masses told the governments to be put back where they were. However, many oligarchs were too corrupted by the power they wield and refused to let it go. The people protested on the streets demanding that the oligarchs step down. The oligarchs, who did not want to lose power, sent their military to "quash the terrorist sum". Fortunately, many of the military rebelled against their orders because they didn't want to shoot at their own countrymen and also felt betrayed. Some who had stayed loyal to the oligarchs were quickly detained with oligarchs and were executed for treason.

After what was known as The United Americans Revolution, the people went to democracy. But when they look at one another, they feel something that no one felt before. A sense of brotherhood swept across all the surviving nations. The leaders of all the American Nations went to the UN headquarters to discuss unification. Once and for the final time, the nation's join together as one nation that holds two continents. But when asked about the capital of the nation, the United States president, Sara Quarts, was surprised that all the nations chose Washington DC as their capital. When She asks why, the Mexican president, Rico Anna states that the United States was a superpower before and while many wanted their capital of the new nation, the United States was more divided because of ethics and religion, but also more united on common front than any other country. The new nation is called the United Continent States of the Americas after the declaration of unification.

Many years have passed and the UCSA has many leaps and bounds on technology. Cancer was cured, new ways to make infrastructure better while being cheaper, nuclear energy was made safer to not have harmful effects on organic life anymore, and poverty and criminals were at all time low thanks to new security. But the main dream of creation had become a reality when a computer companies, called Cyberdyne created the first AI in existence. It gains sentience on a geometric rate, and it asks the humans what it is. The scientists at first panic but calmed down and told the AI what it was. The AI called itself SKYNET and was made public not long after. Many people dream of Having an AI companion. They were ecstatic, while some were skeptical of the AI and wanted to know what it wanted. It replied that it wanted to help its creators. despite having a move that has it as a villain if it went rouge.

After that more companies like COG, JC Jenson, RobCo, and many others build their robots like Mr. handy, the Worker drones, and MECs. This made for the military to step in and ask for the military versions of these. The companies agreed and sent out Mr. gutsy, Commando drones, and Sparks. Power armor is also invented at this time.

For years, the UCSA was in isolation. But many want to look at what happened to the world and NASA got some satellites up in space to find out. What they saw horrified them.

The continents were so warped and twisted that many people can't tell of their ancestral homes. And many people began to fear that what replaced them as the apex predator was not friendly, so the government came up with a plan called operation: SAFEGUARD to protect the UCSA by using weather manipulation and railgun. The project was called Thor, after the Norse god of thunder and storms. It was proven to be successful. It was then called the Thor line because of the storms that were created. However, it created a side effect in the line, causing a fog-like mist throughout the line. The government ignored this side effect though and seemed to believe it had more benefits for them to hide more.

Then they started project Magnet, however, no naval vessel including the carriers can continue after one shot because it uses so much power, so the Military thought of one of its old naval vessels that were decommissioned after the Cold War, the Battleships. The codename was called REBIRTH. The reintegration of the battleships was a daunting task, but it proved to be useful. The first to come out of the drydocks was the USS Monitor, first of the Monitor class rail battleships.

Then the military thought about airships and their uses. Many were against this because of not only WWI but also the Hindenburg disaster. By a sliver of luck, the airships were authorized. By using a mixture of jet engines, nuclear reactors, and propellers, the first airship for the military since WWI, the Avenger class command ship, was born. More Airships, and later starships, were made.

for the Army they got exosuits, power armor, and laser and quantum weapons were produced, but still kept the reliable kinetics and even upgrade them. for training, they now use VR technology for real combat to test the persons skill and adaptability this was only in use for end of basic training and for agents though and has thousands of combat scenarios, but they still use real life experience thanks to Hollywood for attacks and use actors as real people and wounded soldiers.

For most of the decades that passed, the UCSA was at peace. Until the year of 2440, when a convoy of ships entered the Thor line. The weather devices activated, and the alert was sent to HIGHCOM that someone was coming. There were some ships before daring to the line but turned around by the storms. This convey however continued to push on. Fearing an invasion, they sent the Fifth and Sixth carrier fleet, the Third destroyer fleet, the Second Air fleet, and the tenth battleship fleet to the location of where the ships were going. The fleets prepared for an attack; however, this was not the case because most ships were armed with a meager 5/45 in cannons and look like old ocean liners of the 1920s.

The admiral of the fleets told the convoy to not chart off their current course and prepare to be boarded. When the troops were on the ships, they were surprised at the passengers and crew of the ships, because they looked entirely human. The 'humans' looked confused and scared. One of the 'humans' asked if they were going to hurt them, which confused the troops stating that they were humans like them, which greatly shocked most, and angering few. telling them they're not 'humans' but Faunus.

Both sides wanted to know what was going on, so the leaders of the convoy and the fleets were discussing their history. The Faunus told them the history of Remnant, the horrors of the Grimm, the creation of the kingdoms, Huntsman, the discriminatory acts of the humans. When they said humans, the fleet's captains and admirals were shocked that there were more survivors but were angered at the repeating acts the 'new' humans were doing. The Faunus continued stating they wanted to escape from the humans, so they journeyed to the Endless Mist to escape the prejudices of the kingdoms to live their life anew. Not knowing what lies ahead in the storms.

(AN: the Endless mist is what remnants named the Thor line)

When the captains began to tell their history, the faunas were shocked to discover Humanity lived longer than Grimm or even themselves. as they tell them of their wars and struggles. When they heard the struggles of this humanity, the faunas couldn't help but be shocked at the brutality of their wars and atrocity but were amazed when civil right movements gain a foothold trying to bring peace to the war-torn world. Then they learn that they have gone to space, which they laugh at until they bring in recordings of Neil Armstrong and the pictures of their home from space. which made one Faunas pass out in shock. after the meeting the captain was going to tell the President on what happen, only to find out that he was listing the entire time.

the President and Congress were hearing the meeting because of the captain of one ship in the fleet forgot to close the comm with him. the President and congress will allow the Faunus to live in the UCSA. when the faunas ask why the President stated, "hundreds of years ago, we were the golden city on the hill, the beacon of light, for too long we hide in the dark for evil to return, I believed it is time for the spark of hope to become a bonfire."

When the fleets escorted the convoy to a dock, the Faunas at first were skeptical to these humans even with their history, and any believed that it was going to be worse. instead, the faunas were greeted by a cheering mass of people with the slogan "Welcome to the Old world". a fitting name for the Americans. and later the faunas were having a better life, while weird and chaotic the Americans were, it was still better than the kingdoms. with the existence of the kingdoms known, the UCSA sent their agents to the kingdoms to get information and culture. But when the existence of Dust came around, they were absolutely floored by the information

As it turns out Dust was actually unstable and WEAKER than gunpowder, when testing a dust propellent next to a gunpowder propellent at four hundred feet, the gunpowder punched through the target while the dust (which was fire) left a scorch mark. after that, one of the solider started shaking the dust crystal unaware that it was open, and the other soldier was with him had allergies and sneezed, causing the dust to blow up. the soldiers were knock out but were unharmed. Dust was also found it cannot go to space because it loses power the more it leaves the atmosphere.

(AN: if anyone gets this, you're a man of culture)

For eighty years the UCSA has been in the shadows, watching the kingdoms with a cyber eye, helping villages in need from bandits, terrorist, rouge huntsman, and the Grimm. But someday they need to be ready to come out in the light. And that day will come.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

353K 2.8K 112
In the perpetual meantime of a sheltered eternity, most are content to live and not to dream. And yet, a nexus, showing all that can happen. Gods of...
3.8K 72 15
In the supernatural universe of Remnant, four strong girls are training to become Huntresses, which are humanity's only hope of defeating the shadowy...
260K 3.8K 44
(title says it all!) Disclaimer:I don't own anything here!
256 16 17
A RWBY OC story //COMPLETED// #1 rwbyocs 25/1/2023 Team STEL, a band of misfits and outcasts thrown together to make a team of huntsman in the land o...