Kamiya x Male Reader

By Rugged_Noodle

Kamiya deserves happiness.. More

Bond
Kamiya's Little Hero
Sink & Swim
Helping You

The Kouhai in the Library

3.6K 150 51
By Rugged_Noodle

Kamiya was no ordinary girl in school.

Kamiya is a student of who is known as the ace of the volleyball team.

With this reputation floating around her on campus, there was no reason she wasn't flooded by at least a trio of girls who wanted to talk to her.

She is very popular, and very pretty for a tomboy. There's not a soul on campus who didn't like Kamiya at all with her short black and blue ponytail and white skin that fits with the blue eyes she had.

She was a beauty, she could've been the school's queen if her quiet personality wasn't in the way.

Despite being popular and beautiful and athletic, she wasn't much of an extrovert. But that's what made Kamiya more attractive, being someone that can be quiet but humble about themselves as Kamiya doesn't let the attention get to her head a single bit.

Kamiya was perfect, even the author thought of her as his new waifu for a second.

Side note, he still likes Tsugumi Seishirō more, wink wink...

Overall, she was a great student-athlete who was beautiful and humble.

But with all of these mixed together in a bowl, there was one thing that this girl didn't have like half, if not, most girls that was present in her school.

And that was a boyfriend... or a girlfriend... or just a lover in general.

Kamiya was currently disheartened.

Yup, this takes place after she was confronted of her feelings by a friend she made just last year.

She is in her third year of high school now, a few more months until graduation as she still have feelings for a certain unlucky boy since last year.

Kamiya since then she couldn't let it go. Every time she saw him, it made her feel down. He could've been her's but she was just a little too late and was now suffering the after effects of her procrastinating her feelings to him.

So now, with all of the attention on her now more than ever, not a single person was aware of what she was feeling.

At least that's what she thought.

...

As usual for the day, the Library Committee were short on members for the day.

This was a job for Kamiya who was more than willing to help them out on her day off of her club sport. She had just received the message from her classroom on her phone with a huge herd of students huddling in front of her as usual.

A small smile still on her face when she read the message as she puts it away and turned to everyone that were throwing questions and comments at the volleyball ace. "I need to go... The Library Committee wants me to go watch over the library..."

That made a few saddened replies in return.

"Eh? Again?"

"Stay with us... Please?"

"Come on, Kamiya... Let's go karaoking!"

With all it these statements hurling at Kamiya, she only continued to smile. "I'm choosing to help... I need to go now..."

"Really? That's Kamiya for you..."

"Are you sure you want to go?"

"Do you want me to escort you there?"

Doubts turns into concerns and offers like asking if she was really okay with this or if a boy needs to walk with her. Kamiya humbly declines their requests and comforted the rest of her classmates and fans before she was able to leave the classroom by herself.

Seconds, minutes, it wasn't long until after she left the classroom that she makes it to the library.

It was the usual routine for Kamiya whenever she'd needed to the library. Get in, watch a few students enter to explore or read, return the books to their respective shelves, easy stuff.

But today was a little different.

In the messages that Kamiya received from the club leader, they stated in one of the messages that another student was actually there to watch over the library but was new. So she also had a task to teaching the new member how to do what in the library.

She was looking for it a bit, she enters the library and was met with the usual outlay of the room inside.

"..."

Nobody was there.

Her head turns softly, her black and blue hair swaying with each turn she took as her blue eyes scanned the room a little more.

":..They're not here..." she observed. "They're probably late..."

That's what she believed.

"Hello, is there something you need help with?"

A boy appears from behind a shelf.

"...Hey..."

She was taken aback by the student's appearance who smiled softly to the girl. His h/c hair in a somewhat organized state, matching with his e/c eyes as he stood just a few inches short of the girl.

Judging by his statement earlier, Kamiya realized that this was the new member of the club as she introduced herself to him.

"...I'm... Kamiya... You must be the new member of the Library Committee..."

"Oh? You are the student that is going to teach me the basics?"

"Yes..."

Y/n smiles once more as he exit from behind the shelf and bowed to the girl.

"It's nice to meet you, Kamiya... My name is Y/n... I am a freshman here in this school..."

"I'm a third year..." she does the same back as Y/n sits back up and kept his calm yet gleed atmosphere up.

"I hope you'll take care of me for today..." he said with a small giggle as Kamiya just smiled and nods.

"I will, Y/n..."

...

As promised, Kamiya taught Y/n the basics of the club. Although Y/n was experienced with being a member of the Library Committee or the Library Club back in Junior High, there were a few things that Y/n was new to.

Either way, they enjoyed their time together as club members as the two were now in an aisle together as they were placing books into their designated shelves.

Being an athlete who was taller than the boy, Kamiya finished her stack handful first as she turns to the h/c that continued to place books into the slots and fitting them between by alphabetical order.

One thing that catches her attention was his body.

"...You are fairly thin for a boy..."

She then covered her mouth because she wasn't supposed to blurt that out. She'd gain a reaction out of Y/n, ready to apologize for her rudeness.

Yet his head only turns to Kamiya and a small grin appeared once more on his face.

"I get that a lot... I have anemia..."

That explains a lot as Kamiya felt bad for accidentally insulting the boy and bowed to him.

"Oh, I'm sorry..."

"It's fine... You weren't aware of it..." He replies back assuringly as he continues to shove the books on the shelves and continued to speak with Kamiya. From comforting her profusely to just small talk that kept them busy for a bit, Y/n and Kamiya were having fun despite this club being one to be a more slow and calm kind of committee.

They still find a way to make things fun either way as the two were back at the front desk sitting next to each other as Y/n read the back of a book he pulled earlier.

Kamiya couldn't help but stare at Y/n who still had the content aura around him.

"...Y/n?" She decides to get to know him a little more.

"You needed something?"

"What made you join the Library Committee?"

Y/n looks down at the book in his hands then back at Kamiya with a soft smile.

"As you know, I have anemia... I can't really play sports so I don't know what it's like..."

"...But at the same time, I love to read..."

He sets the book down and faced towards the girl.

"Reading is a hobby that I enjoy... There are times where I really want to know what it's like to play a sport... play football and score goals... or play basketball and get the two or three points... They seem like fun but reading is the only thing I can do..."

Kamiya felt bad about his limitations.

"I'm sorry to hear that..."

"You don't have to apologize every time... I'm used to this kind of stuff..."

"...But yeah, I love to read so I would visit the public library on the weekends to explore some new books and read some unique stories... The way the authors let their minds roam and make iconic characters and revealing plot lines, it never gets old to me..."

The boy chuckles to himself as he decides to ask the same to the brunette next to him.

"Anyways, have you been in the Library Committee for long, Kamiya?"

"I have... I also have volleyball so I don't come to the library often..."

"Eh? Sounds like a lot of fun for you..."

"It is... I love volleyball... but sometimes I'd like to help the school out as well so I joined the Library Committee..."

"Sounds like you love it despite it taking up all your time up... but it's good that someone likes to return the favor to help a school out..."

"Yeah..." Kamiya smiles softly.

And before they knew it...

Ding... Dong... Ding... Dong...

"The school will close in thirty minutes... All students must leave the premises within the allotted time and walk home safely... See you in school tomorrow..."

That was the P.A. System, letting a reminder that school is closing down in a bit as Kamiya furrowed an eyebrow at the speaker in the library.

"It's time already? It didn't feel like three hours..." she said as she glanced around the library to find a few books scattered on desks and rubbish on the ground.

"We should clean up a bit..."

"You're right..." Y/n said as they get down to business.

Y/n was the one who took a dustpan and a broom from behind the front desk and sweeper up the floor of dust and trash he could see as his friend would do the book sorting for him since she was a little taller than him.

Once that was done, it was time to lock up. Kamiya being more of the experienced one taught Y/n what to do during closing time and told him how to lock the entrance up.

She hands Y/n the key when the door was confirmed to be locked and they head out together into the courtyard and to the front gate.

They stopped at the gate, Y/n turns to Kamiya with a light smile.

"Which way is your house?"

"Why do you ask?"

"I was planning on walking with you if my house was the same direction..."

"Oh... Well, my house is this way..." she points to the left as Y/n frowns a bit. "Aw... I have to go this way..." he points to the right as Y/n forms a smile nonetheless. "But I had fun today... Thank you for that..."

Kamiya blushed lightly.

"Um... No problem..."

Then Y/n decides to leave first as he waved to the brunette.

"I'll see you later, senpai..."

"..."

This threw Kamiya off a bit.

"Y... You'll see me later?"

"Yeah... Unless this'll be the last time we'll see each other and talk..." Y/n tilts his head to Kamiya curiously.

All she did was flinch softly. "N-No! I want to see you again... I enjoy talking to you a lot!"

Soon Y/n felt relieved. "I'm glad you feel that way!" He said before walking off and continued to wave away.

"I'll see you tomorrow, Kamiya!"

"Y-Yeah!"

"..."

"...See you later, Y/n..."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 54.3K 100
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
219K 5.4K 20
Your daughter runs off while you were in the middle of grocery shopping because she spotted Max, her favourite driver. Meeting you, Max wants to know...
132K 5.5K 99
a sister who's actions are untamed, and a brother who's feelings are untamed. With complete different personalities, yet an awesome bond, the sibling...
511K 14.6K 107
"aren't we just terrified?" 9-1-1 and criminal minds crossover 9-1-1 season 2- criminal minds season 4- evan buckley x fem!oc