"Embers of Love" Demon Slayer...

By LovieJ34

"Looks like I accidentally married a Rengoku..." "Father will definitely kill me..." Fuyuko Kazahana, a young... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1: Winter Bloodshed
Chapter 2: Demons Alike
Chapter 3: The Loud Bunch
Chapter 4: New Mission
Chapter 5: Past Memories
Chapter 6: A Wedding Plan!
Chapter 7: Wedding Night!
Chapter 8: Wedding Parade
Chapter 9: Wedding Ceremony!
Chapter 10: Claws v.s. Ice
Chapter 11: Dance of Sacred Ice
Chapter 12: Fuyuko and Kyojuro
Chapter 13: Their Moments Together
Chapter 14: Unexpected Couple
Chapter 15: Missing Piece of Memories
Chapter 16: My Wife
Chapter 17: Fate Entwined Love
Chapter 19: The Trial
Chapter 20: Nezuko's Ordeal
Chapter 21: Revelation of the Ice
Chapter 22: Fuyuko's Blacksmith
Chapter 23: Lower Moon Two
Chapter 24: Foreseen in a Dream

Chapter 18: Nightmares and Tears

759 27 1
By LovieJ34

Snowflakes continued to gently fall from the the cloudy heaven as Kyojuro walk aimlessly in the wintery woods.

The path is shrouded with snow-coated trees, and what lies ahead is a white void that no one knows of. This void is a mystery that only time could tell and fate could change.

Despite the obscure path that lead to the cryptic tales of fate, Kyojuro keep on walking, crushing the pearly-white snow beneath his feet in each step he took.

The atmosphere held a serene peace and its silence is almost deafening, only the sound of Kyojuro's footsteps against the snow is the only thing that echoed a sound in the woods.

Although the forest is showered with tranquility, its too quiet for Kyojuro's comfort.

After walking for hours, Kyojuro then found himself out of the trees and gazing at a forest clearing, a field with white roses that filled the snowy land in fairness.

The sun peeked from the cloudy sky and stroked each pallid petal with its golden sunlight. The roses shone in the light like precious gems and glistened in the snow like pearls.

But the most beautiful of them all bloomed in the very center of the garden, a white rose that is filled with beauty and grace as she stand out among the others.

Her long white hair with sky blue streaks cascaded down her back as the wind gently swayed some of its strands like a calm wave of the white sea.

She wore a fancy white kimono embroidered with silver snowflakes and red flowers that suits her perfectly, and Kyojuro didn't fail to notice their wedding bracelet that hung loosely in her wrist.

"Fuyuko." Kyojuro gently stated her name with a smile.

She was currently facing the other way so she didn't notice him.

The flame hashira was about the approach her but abruptly stopped when black thorns suddenly sprouted from the snowy ground and wrapped its way in Kyojuro's feet and hands, restricting his movements.

The thorns were as sturdy as thousands of iron and as sharp as swords, Kyojuro desperately tried to break free but the thorns remained unmoving despite his strength.

Blood started to ooze out from the fresh wound inflicted by the thorns and it flowed down from his skin to the ground, staining the white snow into bloody red.

In the midst of Kyojuro's struggle, Fuyuko bent down and pick one of the white roses nearby. She stood up and admired the rose for a second as her husband watched from afar.

Then the rose in her hand suddenly turned red and bloomed into a spider lily. Same goes to the roses nearby, the red plague spread rapidly like a crimson paint being splattered in pure white canvas, until the garden of white roses is no more but scarlet lilies.

In a blink of an eye, the red flower in Fuyuko's hand morphed into a sword - her nichirin sword. She unsheathed its blade and swiftly held it against her own neck.

Kyojuro couldn't move nor he could speak - he was frozen in his spot. He tried so desperately to do something but even though how hard he tried, he couldn't break through the black thorns.

He felt so helpless and useless.

He repeatedly cried her name out as loud as he could but unfortunately, his words only fell into a silent scream that never reached her ears.

Fuyuko tightened her hold in the blade, signifying that she will soon strike but before the horrifying scene unfolds...

Kyojuro woke up.

"Kyojuro!"

He heard Fuyuko call out, and his eyes immediately shot open as his body involuntarily jerk up. Intense fear pooled in his golden red eyes as his breath became uneven, his clothes are drench in cold sweat and he couldn't help but form a fist in frustration.

"Breath more slower." Fuyuko instructed.

Her voice immediately reached Kyojuro's ears as he turned to his side to meet her azure irises that is filled with concern.

Without wasting a second, Kyojuro quickly locked Fuyuko into a tight hug as he buried his face in the crook of her neck.

Fuyuko had never seen him this afraid, and it deeply worried her. In response, she also wrapped her arms around him and gently rub circles in her husband's back to calm him down, while her other hand is placed in his head as she softly comb his hair through her fingers.

"What nightmare did you had that left you this afraid?" She quietly asked.

Their was a moment of silence before Kyojuro finally replied.

"I can't remember," He told her, "but I thought I lost you..."

Now she understand, the fear of losing a love one is what her husband feared the most. Fuyuko is fully aware that she couldn't ease that dread, especially that they are Demon Slayers, and they are willing to sacrifice their life to protect humanity from demons.

Any day or any time in a mission, a mistake or fated, death is always tailing them. Today they might be together but tomorrow might be another day that is filled with sorrow.

"I can't say that I'll forever be by your side." Fuyuko softly stated. "However..."

She then gently push Kyojuro away so she could see his face. She cupped his cheek and wiped his tears away.

"I will always be by your side as long as I live." She smiled.

Its rare to see her beautiful smile and just by looking at it, Kyojuro felt reassured as a gentle smile also found its way to his lips. He felt happy just being with her, and her simple gestures are enough to comfort him.

It's true that death might soon separate them but as long as they live, they shall be together and cherished every moment in each others arms.

Although, neither of them knew... that they are running out of time.

After Fuyuko managed to console her husband she make sure to let him sleep again. It was still too early in the morning and he spent the entire night hunting demons, he needs more rest.

"Caw! caw! caw!" A loud familiar crow then suddenly came flying to the garden.

Not wanting to let him continue screeching his throat out to disturb the residence of the household from their peaceful slumber, Fuyuko immediately head to the garden as quickly and as quiet as she could.

"What is it, Inei?" She asked with her usual monotone voice.

She watched the crow perched on her forearm as it started to tell its report.

"Rengoku Fuyuko!" Inei cawed. "Emergency Hashira Meeting! Emergency Hashira Meeting!"

"A trial shall be held! A trial!" The crow continued to speak. "A trial for the Kamado siblings!"

With that Inei went silent. Fuyuko wasn't surprised though, she knew that the siblings will be exposed sooner or later because Ubuyashiki-sama have eyes everywhere that monitors the slayers.

Now that it had come to this, she could only hope that Ubuyashiki-sama and the other Hashiras will see the great potential that the siblings posses and are considerate enough to let them live and fight for the Demon Slayer Corps.

"Is there anything else, Inei?" She asked after the long silence.

"A letter from the blacksmith! A letter!" Inei pointed his beak to a letter that is attached to one of his talon.

Fuyuko took the letter and Inei flied off and landed on a branch of the nearby tree. He observed his master as she unfolded the piece of paper and started reading it.

'I deeply apologize Kazahana-sama but the delivery of your new sword will be delayed for the mean time.'

'I won't be able to deliver it today for the reason that I got drunk last night and have a very painful headache, therefore, I needed rest. Nonetheless, don't be concern because you have my word that I shall deliver it tomorrow.'

"I see..." Fuyuko sighed.

She anticipated that the sword will be delivered today so she could continue her duty as a slayer but it seems that she will have to wait for a little longer.

She folded the paper in her hand and was about to go back inside when she notice Senjuro standing by the porch.

"You're up too early." Fuyuko spoke as she approached the boy.

"I just thought I heard Kaname." He replied. "Brother's kasugai crow"

"It was Inei."

Fuyuko then stopped in front of Senjuro when she noticed his red puffy eyes.

"You had been crying." She stated.

"Um n-no - I just..." Senjuro stammered. "I-I just had a bad dream, that's all."

"Do you want to talk about it?" Fuyuko softly asked to try and console the child.

"No." He weakly replied as he stared at the floor.

Fuyuko placed his hand on Senjuro's head and ruffled his bright hair, mimicking his husband's action. She then bent down to Senjuro's level to meet his golden red eyes.

"Your brother also had a bad dream." She told him.

"Brother had a bad dream..." He parroted.

Senjuro didn't really thought of his brother having nightmares. He was just too optimistic and happy even as he sleep that Senjuro had a hard time processing the new information.

"He can't remember his nightmare and you won't tell me yours," Fuyuko gently said as she placed her hand in Senjuro's shoulder. "But whatever it is, don't forget that you have me and your brother to lean on."

Even though they only knew each other for a week, Fuyuko grew fond of this boy. He is caring and kind, humble and loving. The boy's personality resembles Kyojuro but in a more modest way.

"Thank you, onee-san." He finally smiled as he met her gaze.

Fuyuko nodded to the boy in satisfaction.

"Um... i-is it alright if I hug you?"

Senjuro suddenly asked as he shyly averted his eyes from Fuyuko while fiddling with his fingers with a faint hue of pink dusting his cheek.

Fuyuko was surprise but immediately regained her composure as she moved closer to the boy and wrapped her arms around his small form.

Senjuro smiled once more as he felt the warmth of her embrace despite being a descendant of the clan of ice. For him, she is like a mother figure.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

68 0 15
Flora Shizen learned of the origins of her parents and technique, Nature Breathing. However, with this came the gravity of how much her original worl...
10.8K 299 32
Her heart was cold as ice while his was warm like fire. She never believed in love until he showed her otherwise that it is truly beautiful and that...
1.3M 36.2K 71
[Completed] Giyuu and Y/n, two lovers who got seperated after giyuu's final selection. Y/n always went to find giyuu but fate didn't let them see eac...
78.6K 1.5K 20
Being the little sister of Mitsuri Kanroji the Love pillar and one of the Demon Slayer corps wasn't that hard..You were always on her back when she n...