Our Summer

By taestuIip

Spending eight weeks at a small village in a suburb town in Daegu does not sound so bad. After a terrible lif... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51- Finale
EPILOGUE - Part 1
EPILOGUE - Part 2
EPILOGUE - Part 3
EPILOGUE - Part 4
EPILOGUE - Part 5
EPILOGUE - Part 6

Chapter 33

837 68 24
By taestuIip

Five hours later, Seori finally pulls her laptop screen down, making a face at the guy that has been sitting across her workroom at the school, so comfortably reading a book on a big chair, as if he has nothing else to do that day.

She clears her throat, catching his attention as he looks up from the book, raising his eyebrows at her.

"Why are you not working at the farm?"

"Because you are here", he closes his book, giving her a look. "If I go to the farm, you will not be there"

She narrows her eyes at him, sighing with a flustered smile  as she pulls her laptop screen up once again, but still looking at him with a slight blush on her cheeks. He returns the smile proudly, looking like he is enjoying their small talk very much.

"I don't really need to work at the farm actually", he leans back onto the chair, putting the book in his lap as he makes a show to observe the room. "So, I want to stay here, with you"

She crosses her arm as she leans on the table, looking straight at him. He does the same thing, resting his elbows on his knees, and looking straight at her.

"You look sleepy", he asks, tilting his head slightly.

"I am, actually", she covers her mouth as she yawns, looking confused. "This is strange. I feel so well-rested but somehow I am very sleepy now"

He gets up from the chair and walks to stand in front of the table. "Do you need more coffee?"

"No. I need a nap", she clears the space in front of her table.

"Not there"

Taehyung circles the table gently takes her arm and pulls her all the way to the couch and points at it.

"Sleep here"

Seori watches as he takes a seat on the big chair, then stretches an arm to her, gesturing her to sit beside him. She hesitates at first but slowly lowers herself down into his arm, and presses herself into his hug. She cannot help but smile shyly when he wraps his arm around her, holding her tightly.

"Are you comfortable?"

"I am", she mumbles, pressing her face into his chest. "Strangely very comfortable"

"I sprayed extra perfume today because I know you would like it"

Seori smiles to herself, shifting in his arm to make herself even more comfortable.

Taehyung waits for a while, not wanting to make a noise or move as he lets her fall asleep peacefully. A minute has passed and suddenly she stops shifting and her breathing slows down as if she has fallen asleep just like that. He peeks down at her face, realizing she has completely dozed off.

It surprises him because Seori used to say it is hard for her to fall asleep but she just fell asleep in less than a minute. But despite all that, his heart feels warm at the thought of her feeling safe to sleep around him.

-

Jungkook has invited all of them for the weekly busking session at his cafe that night and his cafe is now filled with villagers of all ages, seated at the tables inside and outside of his cafe, enjoying their light dinner and coffee as a teenage girl sings on the small podium at the side of his cafe. There are more orange light bulbs hung on the outside of his cafe just for the busking session, making his cafe look more welcoming and alive for all the customers that are hanging around to wind down after a whole week of working hard.

All the students are already seated at the table on the right side, near the big windows. Eri has a book in her hand, reading, while Yoona and Mina are enjoying their second rounds of iced tea, talking to the guys as they wait for the next performer to take the stage.

Taehyung and Jimin are seated at the table directly beside them - Taehyung with iced sweet tea and Jimin with his iced americano.

"Well, well, well", Miyeon comes to sit with them, giving a small sheepish smile to Taehyung. "Where is your darling nemesis Park Seori?"

Jimin choked on his coffee and Taehyung only glares at him before turning to look at Miyeon. She flashes an innocent grin at Taehyung, looking completely unbothered by the sharp piercing gaze he is giving her.

"Don't tease him, Miyeon", Namjoon pulls a chair beside her. "He is sensitive right now because he is quite smitten by his own nemesis"

Yoongi who has been seating at the other table accidentally laughs a little too loud, making Taehyung glance at him.

"Look at himmmm", Miyeon chuckles loudly. "Are you blushing? Who would have known one day this grumpy man would finally go all soft over his own nemesis?"

"One more word, Miyeon", Taehyung grabs his iced tea, looking away from everyone as he pretends to watch the young man who is now singing on the small stage.

Miyeon then turns to look at Yoongi, wondering why he is sitting alone, but then realizes he keeps on looking in one direction - the students' table. Miyeon tries to follow his line of sight, and it lands on Mina, the girl with the ponytail, drinking her iced latte as she sings along to the song.

Miyeon turns to look at Yoongi and meets his gaze. He looks stunned when their eyes meet, but Miyeon only gives him a smile before he looks away and focuses on his phone instead.

"Interesting", Miyeon whispers to herself.

"Oh, here comes your nemesis", Jimin suddenly says, making everyone turn to look at the entrance.

"Not nemesis, Jimin", Jungkook appears out of nowhere. "That's his favorite trouble"

Taehyung's face lights up immediately when he sees Seori walking in his direction, and when her eyes meet his, everything stops and he can feel the way his heart beats a little harder. She offers him a small wave before joining the students, and that one little wave is more than enough to breathe life back into him, and suddenly he is in the mood to talk to everyone and no longer wants to murder his friends for pulling his legs.

"Good god, a man in love does look like this", Miyeon groans jokingly before walking away to the students' table.

Miyeon squeezes herself into Mina's chair, joining their conversation as they jump from one random topic to another, with Namjoon and Jungkok occasionally chipping in their responses here and there. Twenty minutes into their very much engaging conversation, Mina excuses herself to go to the toilet.

When she walks out of the toilet, she sees SeungHo already seated with Yoongi at the guys' table - the one directly beside hers.

As she makes her way back to her table, she catches SeungHo glancing to the side a few times, as if he is trying to look at someone. Mina slows down on purpose, suddenly curious about whatever she is seeing. He keeps on looking at the student's table, where Seori and Miyeon are also seated but her hunch is telling that he is definitely not looking at her lecturer, but the other one.

Although everyone knows and has heard the rumor about him having a crush on Seori, his line of sight does not fall on Seori, but on the person seated in her chair.

Mina returns to the table just in time to hear Seori casually calling SeungHo and he gladly joins her at the table. But when SeungHo pulls his chair to sit, Miyeon abruptly gets up and leaves. A few heads turn to watch her leave but Mina keeps her eyes on SeungHo, watching as his expression wavers for a few seconds before he goes back to smiling, as if nothing happened.

A sheepish smile takes over Mina's features as she quietly settles down, pretending to listen to the small talk between Beomgyu and Yeonjun. But the gears in her head are actively trying to decipher the weird tension between Miyeon and SeungHo.

"There is a pottery workshop - not really a workshop but more like a demonstration happening tomorrow at my father's shop. All of you are welcome to try if you like to. My father loves making potteries so sometimes he invites the younger kids to try for free - please do come if you have time tomorrow"

Eri puts up a hand, waving excitedly at Seungho to signal that she will be coming. "I want to try"

"I will be coming too", Namjoon answers from the other table. "Jungkook and Jimin too"

"That sounds nice. I might come to watch", Seori leans into her chair, smiling when Beomgyu and Yeonjun suddenly say they want to come the second she said she is coming.

"My father will be so delighted to see all of you", Seungho says with a wide smile.

"Who else did you invite?", Mina leans forward on the table, looking at Seungho.

Seungho thinks to himself for a while, rubbing the back of his neck as he sips on his drink. "I think...I am inviting almost everyone-"

"Is Miyeon coming?", Mina cuts him.

SeungHo's expression wavers for a fleeting second and Mina caught it. But she says nothing else and shows a smile when Seungho nervously explains he has no idea if she is coming tomorrow.

"I see", Mina shakes her drink and nods in agreement. "Okay then"

Mina then gets up, walking straight up to Miyeon who is standing near the counter where drinks are served, talking to one of the baristas on the other side of the table. Miyeon's eyes light up as she greets Mina cheerfully, asking if she needs more coffee or any pastries from the hot cabinet.  Mina shakes her head and pulls Miyeon to the small corner beside the counter, leaning closer to speak.

"I need to ask you a very important question"

Miyeon looks confused but leans closer as if she understands Mina is trying to have a private conversation with her. "Mina, if you are asking me how to hide a dead body - I am the wrong person. The right person will be Yoongi, not me"

"Not that!", Mina smacks her arm, shaking her head. "I want to ask you about what the hell is going on between you and that Kang SeungHo"

Miyeon's expression goes rigid immediately and hurts flashes behind her eyes. "What about me and Seungho?"

Mina gives her a look as if she is expecting Miyeon to just speak the truth instead of pretending she does not understand why she asked the question. Miyeon seems to get the look in Mina's eyes and sighs in frustration before pulling them behind the counter.

"You are too sharp for a young girl", Miyeon crosses her arms.

"I am not young. I am twenty-three. I am just two years younger than you", Mina crosses her arm too. "Now, spill"

"I don't like him", Miyeon says but does not sound like she is sure in her own words

She stays quiet, pretending to watch as the barista makes another drink behind Mina while Mina is watching her like a hawk, trying to read her face.

"Shit", Mina gasps as the realization hits her. "You...love him"

"But, he has a crush on Seori. And he never looked at me the way he looks at other girls - I will always be his best friend and nothing more"

Mina blinks in confusion, thinking hard before opening her mouth. "He likes Miss Park?"

"Well, doesn't everyone knows how much he likes her? He asked her out on the first week when all of you arrived here. He sent free groceries to her house and -"

"But Miss Park is with Mister Kim now", Mina cuts her off.

"That must have been devastating for him", Miyeon scoffs, her voice shaking as if she is trying to maintain her composure. "Look, Mina, please don't tell anyone. I will deal with this on my own and I have been fine all these years"

Mina's heart breaks a little at the defeat in her voice as if Miyeon has given up a long time ago and is now just struggling to accept this fate of hers. Miyeon and her have gotten closer over the weeks, finding similarities in one another, and have gotten along well. They have shared bits of their personal lives but never once did Miyeon show this part of her - the one that is head over heels for SeungHo. She has hidden it perfectly well from her, until today.

-

Taehyung stands just outside the door of the cafe, waiting for Seori to say goodbye to her students. When he hears footsteps approaching, he looks to the side and finds Seori walking toward him with a smile on her face.

"You look tired", she puts out one hand, gesturing for him to take it.

He slides his hand into hers  without any second thought, pulling her close as they walk side by side. "I am tired because I did not get to spend time with you during the event. Everyone wanted to sit with you"

"Well, I am too charming and good company, that's why", she feels him squeeze her hand, making her giggle lightly to herself.

They walk in comfortable silence all the way to the inn, occasionally glancing at each other and exchanging little laughs along the way, feeling their bodies lightly brushing against each other, and every time it happens, Taehyung squeezes her hand as if to remind her that he is still there and paying attention to her even when he is silent.

When they arrive at her door, Seori pulls out her keys from her bag but then stops midway, turning to look at Taehyung. He looks at her with a blank face, as if waiting for her to speak.

Suddenly she feels hesitant to speak, not knowing how to properly word her question to make her sound casual. She ends up opening and closing her mouth repeatedly before letting out a sigh, making him lean closer in concern.

"Are you not feeling well?", he lifts a hand to touch her cheek but then she shakes her head, stopping him.

"No, I-I was about to ask if you want to come inside...but then I did not know how to ask without sounding...weird", she blows her cheeks, eyes wavering as she looks at everything except his eyes.

Taehyung is silent for a second before a slow smile takes over his face, and he steps forward, startling her, and making her look up. He backs her to her door and gently leans closer to her face with a slight tilt of his head.

"Why would that sound strange, Park Seori?"

Instead of feeling surprised at the swift change of his demeanor, she looks more amused and her eyes twinkle wit curiosity as she meets his playful yet sharp gaze.

"This is a side I never knew you have"

"What side?", he arches an eyebrow, smirking even wider when she tries to move back only to realize she cannot move further.

"This one. This side of yours seems to never get enough of teasing me", she gulps slowly, feeling the way her body goes warm at the closeness between their faces.

"Well, I did say I have enough experiences", he chuckles deeply, his eyes dropping to her lips for a fleeting second before pulling away. "I want to come inside. I want to talk to you and keep you company"

He reaches for her hand, gently caressing her fingers, making her blush even more.

"But only if you are comfortable having me"

She takes in one long shaky breath, feeling a rush of feeling hitting straight into her heart and the slow twist of her stomach makes her feel like she is about to melt into the floor. She stares at him without saying anything and as if he says nothing as if he senses that she needs some time to sort her thoughts.

"I feel weird", she suddenly says with a sigh. "Not a bad kind of weird"

"What kind of weird?"

"I feel calm around you", she speaks nervously. "Like your presence calms me but I do not understand how and why"

"I like that you are calm around me", he says, in the gentlest way possible.

She clears her throat nervously, suddenly not knowing what to do next - to invite him in again or just unlock her door and act nonchalant.

"Seori, let me go home and change. I will come back here in a few minutes"

"Why do you need to change?"

"Well, I cannot be sleeping in these clothes"

She blinks at him, letting a moment pass between them when she finally gets it.

"I will not be long", he leans to press a kiss to her forehead. "Do not miss me too much"

-

Taehyung returns forty minutes later, purposely dragging the time just to let Seori takes her sweet time to take care of herself and settle down. He waits till Seori switches on the light on her patio before making his way to her house, climbing the wooden railing and knocking on her opened sliding door - as if she knows he will be entering through her patio again.

He finds the television has been switched on, a foreign moving playing on the screen, the humidifier on, and the lavender scent lingering in the air of her living room, and there is Seori in the kitchen, dressed in an oversized t-shirt and linen pants, making a drink. Or maybe drinks, for both of them.

"What are you making?", he walks up to her side, peeking at the two cups in front of her.

"Hot chocolate", she lifts a cup to him, motioning him to take it. "No more bitter coffee since you are no longer bitter to me. Something sweet this time"

His eyes perk up, happiness taking over his face as he takes the cup from her hand, bringing it close to his face and immediately the rich creamy smell of chocolate infiltrate his nose, making him hum in pleasure.

"Are you planning on watching a movie?"

"I always do so since I cannot sleep easily at night. I am too tired to read tonight", she takes her cup and walks to the living room, Taehyung following closely behind her.

They both sit on the couch, but with a small distance between them. Seori changes the channel on the television, trying to find something interesting to watch while Taehyung is just sitting there, looking at her. She puts the remote back on the side table once she finds something that perks her interest, shifting to the couch to find a more comfortable position.

Then she looks at Taehyung. "What's wrong"

"This is not right", he looks at the small space separating them, clicking his tongue in disapproval. "Come here"

He swiftly grabs her like she weighs nothing, pulling her to him and wrapping one arm around her so that she can settle into the crook of his arm. She gasps in surprise, laughing lightly but not fighting him.

"I do not like it when you are far", he presses her deeper into him. "And you smell very nice"

"That's my hair mist", she gets into a comfortable position, half hugging him as she presses her face on his chest. "It smells like strawberries and I love them very much"

"You always smell nice", he kisses her hair and relaxes on the couch. "This is dangerous"

She chuckles again. "This is dangerous too. I need to get used to you being soft and clingy with me"

She feels him tensing under her and she looks up at him, wanting to check on him. He has a frown on his face, and suddenly the smile on his face seems to fade.

"I am sorry", he sighs, loosening his hold on her slightly. "I am sorry if you do not like it"

Seori looks at him, confused by the sudden change in his expression. When she sees the way Taehyung looks unsettled and his arm no longer holding her to him, she finally understands.

"You misunderstood me", she sits up and gently cups his jaw to turn his face to her. "I like it, a lot. I like it when you hold me like this. I like it when you are soft with me and I like it even more when you are always finding excuses to touch me or hold my hands. I like it very much"

She sees the way his rigid expression slowly disappear and relief takes over his feature as his lips curl into a shy smile. He presses a hand over her hand that has been cupping his cheek, loving the way her palm feels so warm and soft on his skin.

"You do?", he asks, softly.

"I do", she smiles even wider. "I feel...safe. You make me feel safe"

Taehyung looks into her eyes, feeling her gentle gaze penetrating deep into his soul, filling it with warmth - the kind of warmth that makes him feel alive like never before. It confuses him to discover this new profound feeling - it hits him hard and fast, making him unable to fully grasp it.

But he is willing to explore this feeling, one step at a time.

"What are you thinking about?", she asks softly, tilting her head slightly.

"I am thinking about you"

"What about me are you thinking about?"

"Everything about you, Park Seori. Everything", he gently touches the ends of her hair, slowly going up to her face before sinking his fingers into her hair, gently cupping her nape. "And about me wanting to kiss you again right now"

"Do you like me so much that you want to kiss me all the time, Kim Taehyung?"

He sighs softly, eyes closed for a few seconds, trying to process her adorable reply. "Don't make me like you more, Park Seori, my heart truly cannot handle it"

"Don't make me wait longer for the kiss, Kim Taehyung, or I will just go to sleep"

He laughs softly and quickly leans in to kiss her, feeling her move her body slightly against him as her hand slides up to his neck. The tingles that go through his body when her hands slide into his hair have him sighing into the kiss, and he can feel her smiling into the kiss.

Kissing Seori feels right. As if her lips were made to fit perfectly with his, and every kiss is meant to feel this way -soft, gentle, and full of warmth. Kissing her feels like a dream he wishes to never wake up from.

Seori makes a move to deepen the kiss, sitting up slightly as if she is trying to get on his lap and Taehyung's hand swiftly goes to her waist, wanting to pull her onto him. He makes a move to pull her onto him only to be interrupted by the sound of Seori's phone ringing from her room, and both of them freeze mid-kissing before she breaks into a peal of laughter.

"Whoever that is calling you, they better have a good reason", he grunts when Seori pulls away, but before he can open his mouth to speak again, she presses a quick kiss on his lips before getting up to get her phone.

Taehyung watches as she disappears into her room and ten seconds later reappears with her phone in her hand but she quickly puts it on the table.

"Let's watch the movie, shall we?", she casually settles back into his arm, snuggling close into his chest.

"You owe me another kiss, Park Seori", he tightens his hold around her, kissing the crown of her head.

"You can always kiss me again later"

"You cannot change your mind on this"

"I will not"

~~~~

NOTE

Happy reading! <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 113 14
Taehyung smiles and cups her face teasingly " I'm happy to know you're finally worrying about me. Who knows you might fall- " Instead of smiling she...
4.5K 179 22
" Haven't we met before? " He whispered. " N-No, we haven't. " She replied avoiding his staring gaze, not wanting to entangle the old strings. Now th...
160 23 9
its my first and last ever story. "In the vibrants streets of Seoul . Taehyung and jungkook find themselves tangled in unknowing rivilary from the b...
40.6K 2.6K 58
[Re-editing the chapters from 1 to 20 and also changing the name of female lead after finishing the story] [NOT AN MAFIA OBESSION STORY] KIM TAEHYUNG...