Court of Remorse | • Scaramou...

By neirylyri

An enounter between them wasn't foresee by him nor her. Of all one could think of, who would help out a stran... More

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
• Special Chapter ✧
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15

Chapter 1

508 19 3
By neirylyri

[Y/N]'s life

Seven years old..

"Mom, can I go play with the kids at the park?"

"You know how it is dear. Your health isn't good now, it's better for you not to be so active and get more rest till you recover, okay?"

Her expression change from joyful to disappointment written all over her face. Deep down she already expected that answer from her mother but chose to try her luck one last time.

"You always said that, but I never got better.. I just want to play for awhile. I'm so lonely here with no one to talk or play with!"

She plead her mother to let her be outside. She knows she is sick, everyone around her made her very aware of it. Even she didn't know what she suffered of, the doctor that treat her doesn't seems to find cure for it either.

"Little dear , you know how it is. I'm sorry , but I can't let you go. What if your sickness infect others? It'll make us look bad even if the percentage of that happening is low, we better avoid it."

"Okay mom.. but can you play with me instead then?"

"Absolutely, dearest ."

She knows her mom cares about her well-being the most, yet she always wonder can she ever has a childhood like others?

15 years old..

"Look at all those lights over there! This is such a marvellous view!"

[Y/N] says loudly in delight. This moment is pure bliss for her, a joyous feeling sparked inside her and she wouldn't settle for less.

A trip to Inazuma was unexpected yet a welcomed experience. By means of this, it was the girl's first time to set her foot on a as pretty as a picture place. Her family planned this trip for a special occasion which is her 15th birthday.

"Don't walk so far away from me!"

Her father shouted from behind, looking more exhausted than ever from following his daughter walking around swiftly.

"C'mon dad! We don't always get to explore the city!"

She had never looked happier than she did today and her father knew better than to let her mood goes down.

Yet happy moment never last long..

All of a sudden voices around her began to sound slower and slower, her movements became sluggish. Her head is spinning , she felt like vomitting. Just when she started to enjoy the moment, pain decided it's the right time to strike.

"Dad, help me, I can't walk..."

"[Y/N], be strong, I'll bring you to the nearest clinic, be strong like you always do for the moment please"

Why does her happy times always got taken away from her? She doesn't want to regret her life when she's older because there is no joy in it. She is too tired to even keep her eyes open now, maybe, just maybe she'll get the answer once it's all done.

________________________________

Present Time

[Y/N]'s

Wandering around the small village she lives at is one of her favourite things to do. Even when she had nowhere to go most of the time. She had no friends to visit, but never miss the chance to make new friends though all of them never seemed to be genuinely interested in her.

Her parents allowed her more freedom after seeing her recovery from that 'unknown sickness' going well. She started to learn about herbs and knows how to treat injury but exception for broken bones, of course. The village elders taught her how to do the basics and what herbs is most effective.

That is her life. Her definitely boring life. She wanted nothing more than to travel outside of Seirai Island again. Today there isn't anyone she needed to treat, nothing better to do than walking around.

Humming a melody she doesn't know anything of while taking each step carefully, [Y/N] suddenly saw a figure of a man that doesn't seem to be familiar at all around here. Not to mention the man also wore a ridiculously big size of hat.

The man looks young too, maybe only a little older than her? There are houses around if anything happens she can scream for help, so she decided to call for him. She really can't control her lonely self from seeking someone.

She walked over to him, the man face became more clear to see and she realize.. there is blood on his hand, his knee bruised. This wasn't what she expected when she decided to approach him.

"You doesn't look well, please follow me, I will treat your bruises and wounds."

"Do I look like I'm asking for help?"

Shock written all over her face. She never encountered someone this rude, and never wish to! How could this man decide to be arrogant despite his circumstances?

"Yes you didn't, but now is not the time to be arrogant. Let me treat your bruises before you get any infection."

"I don't need any treatment like you mortals do, let go of my hand now."

"I won't let you go anywhere if your condition didn't improve, now follow me."

Her stubbornness got the better of her, it's in her nature not to let others with injuries especially one as serious as his not to go anywhere until it got treated. Surprisingly, the man with weird hat decided to follow her time.

"Guess the pain make him let his proud self down huh"

She said but not for anyone to hear, only her.

None of them utter a word while walking to her place yet the silence isn't awkward nor loud. It's a peaceful silence. This will be her first time helping someone not from her town out, but hey is everyone outside Seirai Island so rude like him? She didn't know and maybe will never do.

"What is your name?"

"That is also not your business."

She huffed. It's not like she is forgetting the fact that this weird man is rude, but it's not wrong to try and start a conversation right?

"Hmph, tell me when you want to. I am Yuina [Y/N]. My family used to be quite well known in this village because all of my father's good deeds. But not anymore though.."

"But that doesn't mean I didn't carry my last name with pride, so just call me Yuina like the villagers do or [Y/N] if you would like to."

Is he going to respond? Or will he continue to be silent and she is indeed talking to a wall?

"Okay."

"Okay."

Then their small talks ended when it feels like it never begin in the first place. They reached in front of [Y/N]'s place and before she can invite him inside..

He fainted.

Notes :

Hi, I didn't think I would write another fiction here but hey! I guess I need to give it another shot right? I hope this story will be more well written than my previous one!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

174K 5.3K 27
❝ NO WAY. SCARAMOUCHE LIKES Y/N L/N ❞ # ━━ ❝ 𝐢𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡 you find out the man who you thought hated you has ...
24.9K 593 42
You are a traveler, traveling through distant lands, seeking for every new adventure that encounters your path. Until one day, when you meet him... T...
2.6K 118 27
\\ L-Like a panorama! // Scaramouche isn't an easy-going guy, he'll hate you just for fun. Be he's very sentimental. Give him a chance! (UNDERGOING...
3.1K 147 32
!!! [UPDATING PRIOR AND CURRENT CHAPTERS AS OF OCTOBER 2023] [FIC STARTED 12/25/22] #15 IN KAZUSCARA 11/22/23! #19 IN KAZUSCARA 10/18/23! SUMMARY:...