Another: The Class of 1999

By FayeTheFab

Moving schools is always difficult - the strange new faces, the unknown building, the worry of sticking out t... More

Class 3-3
Chapter 1 - Fresh Start
Chapter 2 - New School
Chapter 3 - The First Death
Chapter 4 - Real
Chapter 5 - 1972
Chapter 6 - The Second Library
Chapter 7 - Class Rep
Chapter 8 - Answers
Chapter 9 - A date?
Chapter 10 - Sensei
Chapter 11 - Unveiled
Chapter 12 - Aunt Mai
Chapter 13 - Back To School
Chapter 14 - In Depth
Chapter 15 - Out
Chapter 16 - New Evidence
Chapter 17 - School Trip
Chapter 18 - 1998
Chapter 19 - Dead One
Chapter 20 - Oh No...
Flashback 1
Chapter 21: It Begins
Chapter 22 - My Murders
Flashback 3
Chapter 23 - Sacrifice
Flashback 4
Chapter 24 - My Confession
Flashback 5
Chapter 25 - Back To Death
Flashback 6
Chapter 26 - The End
Class 3-3

Flashback 2

2 1 0
By FayeTheFab

"Hey..." Mai followed the boy down the road. "Hey! Listen to me!"

The boy stopped walking and turned around with a sigh. "What do you want?"

Mai stopped walking too, and took a deep breath. Her breath came out exhausted from the quick walking. "So much for trying to get along. How long did it take for you to go back to your mean ways, a week? Anyway, I couldn't help notice that you didn't do so well on the exam today."

"Are you stalking me?" The boy snarled. "My grades are none of your business."

"We're in the same class, and the teacher mentioned it so all of us to hear," Mai reminded him, "I'm also aware that you were deducted marks for using blue ink instead of black ink. So... Here..."

Mai held out a black ballpoint pen towards the boy.

The boy looked at it, keeping his hands in his pockets. He made no sign that he was going to take the pen.

"Why?" He asked, sounding more confused instead of harsh.

Mai glared at him. "Just take the damn pen, for god's sake."

"I don't need to take things from you."

Mai sighed. She didn't want to put the pen back in her bag and walk away. She didn't know why, but something inside her was telling her to help this boy.

Mai put the pen on the low wall nearby. The boy watched, his face expressionless.

"It's there if you want it," Mai motioned to the pen, before turning around and walking the other way.

However, Mai turned the corner and hid behind the wall, watching the boy. He slowly reached out and grabbed the pen, and then examined it, as if checking for anything wrong with it. After a few seconds, he smiled. He tossed the pen in the air and caught it, before walking away.

Mai smiled too. Helping the boy had made her feel good. Despite his tough act, he was a struggling student, failing his classes, and clearly crying out for a tender touch. Perhaps Mai had unlocked something new for him.

Before she headed back home, Mai took a short detour to the shops. After all, she had just given away her only black pen.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20K 508 12
When Kyoko moves to a new school she meets lots of new people and many that soon she considers friends. However, one stands out to her (Makoto Naegi)...
8.4K 164 18
Izuku has been bullied since a young age such as beating to a pulp, almost rape by his classmates because of his cute little face been abandon by his...
14.7K 1.1K 61
two loser girls finding their place on the moral compass. asa mitaka x female reader fanfic :3 [PART 2 IN PROGRESS] STARTED: May 9th, 2023 ENDED: Ja...
11.6K 323 26
In the midst of this snooze-fest they call a town, enters a strange guy. He's like the riddle that nobody bothered to solve, just casually strolling...