|| Hitherto || [completed]

By kaorimiya_

|| This story qualified for ROUND 2 of @YourStoryIndia contest in the TOP TEN stories for the Short Story Gen... More

1.We are Different, We are Mainstream
Copyright ©
2.New Hampshire to New York
3.Trying Not to Die of Euphoria?
4.They Barely Know Me
5.Escapade
6.The Ghost Returns
7. Will Mom & Dad Love me Back?
8.I Was The Girl Who Was Loved
9.He Became A Memory
10.I Am Sorry Gem
11. Sweet Trouble
12.Fix You
13.Spice On Plate
14.Just Like The Stars
15.Hide & Seek
16.Choices
17.Insecurities Unveiled
18.Pirates Eye Patch
19.A Smug Bastard?
20.Mamma Mia!
22.Box of Truth
23.I Do Too, Hayden
24.I Don't
My #WattpadBlockParty Post [Not a Chapter but a must read]
25.You Want Closure?
26. I Love You, Gem.
27. Girlfriend?
28. Another Night
29.All That Matters
EPILOGUE
AUTHORS NOTE
#ShareYourStoryINDIA

21.Missing Memories.

852 54 58
By kaorimiya_

~Dedicated to - Fallzswimmer for writing 'My Life As A Walter Boy' <3 :)Song of the Chapter - Ten Feet Tall by Afrojack.~
Btw, Team #Kephire? OR Team #Daphire? ;)

Josh Hutcherson plays Damon Hudson in Magic Dust Cafe.

~

Diana Hayden

"What help?" Matt frowns.

"You need to help me play cupid," I smile, taking a sip of my delicious hot chocolate.

"Cupid huh?" he smirks, playing with the ring on my index finger.

"Yes. Come here," I gesture him to come closer. Matt leans ahead and so do I. We are talking in low whispers; people might think we are planning a murder.

"Here's the plan."

*****

Sapphire Brooks

The cold has not descended in full force since September is yet to come to an end. The atmosphere is pleasant as usual with the slightly chilly wind and fresh early morning air.

Nearing the building, I try to imagine the seat next to me to be vacant. I wish Damon has skipped today, just so I can save myself from the upcoming confrontation.

I peep through the door just a little, fingers crossed behind my back. There he is, sitting on his usual seat, his head on the desk.

My sheer bad luck. Why I am not surprised?

He doesn't even stir when I take the seat next to him. It would have been easier to just take another seat away from him to avoid any kind of communication but I owe him an apology and I will give him one.

Mr. Murphy enters the class and greets everyone. This time, however, Damon sits up straight and I gasp. His jaw is bruised. There are black and blue patches covering his entire jaw line. Surprisingly, his nose is still intact with more than one bandage covering it.

'Keith, what the hell have you done?' I muse.

Damon does not acknowledge me. He is giving me the cold shoulder now, ouch. Mr. Murphy begins elaborating on the same topic we were discussing last time.

Fifteen minutes into the class and everyone is already jotting down notes and I am blankly staring at the board, having no idea what I am writing in my journal. Damon is paying acute attention to whatever Mr. Murphy is speaking about without even glancing in my direction.

That's it.

End of my patience.

"How are you?" I ask.

No response.

"Hey?" I whisper and nudge him slightly. He hisses holding his left arm and I flinch, he glares at me and opens his mouth to say something but... doesn't.

"I am really sorry, okay? I didn't mean..." I take a deep breath before continuing "I didn't mean for any of this to happen. I am sorry. If I knew all this will result in you getting hurt, I would never have even thought about it but I was drunk. I wasn't thinking straight and it just happened. Things just kept spiraling in the wrong direction." By the time I finish my hushed rambling, Mr. Murphy turns around and his scrutinizing gaze settles on me, a warning for me to behave.

"We will talk about this later," Damon says, dismissing me. I sigh; at least he is going to talk to me.

Class ends on a very non-dramatic note. I gather my things stuffing them in my bag in a hurry and jog behind Damon who leaves the class without a backward glance.

Long time since someone has been this mad at me.

"Hudson! Wait up!"

Damon stops and turns around, his eyes express only one emotion: heartbreak. Guilt washes over me once again and I know this time sorry won't be enough.

"What do you want Sapphire?" he calmly asks me, no traces of anger even though he is talking through closed teeth to ease the pain in his jaw.

"You said we will talk later. Can we... can we talk now?" I bite my lip and look down at my converse whose color is now very fascinating to me.

"Fine."

My head shoots up and I smile. Damon does not smile back but walks out of the building, I follow.

"I have class," he checks his watch and proceeds, "in half an hour."

"You won't be late, I promise." I proclaim and walk faster to meet his pace.

He stops walking after sometime and leans against a tree with his hands in his jeans pockets waiting for me to catch up. I stand in front of him and open my mouth to speak first but he beats me to it.

"Keith Hamilton was the guy who left you? Wasn't he? Why didn't you tell me?" his question shocks me. Damon is not among the people who straight away talk about the matter at hand, he is more like the person who beats about the bush.

"I...I... didn't want to, he left and I never talked about him, well, until now. Back then it wasn't important to me or for me to tell his name to anyone." Don't cry Sapphire, hold back your tears. Don't cry. I keep saying this to myself because the last thing I want in this mess is Damon watching me cry.

"I cannot blame you for not telling me anything because you did tell me all about you and him, except his name. What I don't understand is why did you kiss me out of the blue?" his voice is small, like he is struggling to get the correct words and it makes me feel uncomfortable but not in the bad way.

"I.. I don't know" because I don't. I don't know why I kissed him, but I know it was an intentional mistake of which I am ready to take full blame.

"Look, I don't mean to sound mean, but you have been a hypocrite Sapphire." Damon calling me a hypocrite is a punch in my gut. He is the closest I have as a friend apart from Diana and maybe that's why his opinion about me matters.

He runs a hand through his hair and says, "Remember what you told me about rebound relationships?"

"Yeah?"

"You said it was a pathetic way to nurture your ego..and you did exactly that."

His words hit home. I am bleeding inside but my face is blank. I have mastered the art of hiding your real emotions and it is times like these that it works in my favor. The wind blows by, ruffling my hair and even though both of us are not alone on the campus, it feels like we are.

"I am sorry," I whisper, which somehow comes out choked and forced.

Damon hugs me and whispers a small 'it's okay' and we stand there, him holding me and me holding onto myself because I have lost the strength to hold onto someone else.

When I pull back he stares straight into my eyes. The emotions that reflect in his eyes are honest and sincere. I cannot stop gazing.

"Sometimes you miss making memories. A few of them. A little and a lot more. Sometimes it's not the person whom you miss, it's the memory of them because memories stay, don't they?" Damon says and I am taken aback by the infinite meaning behind those words.

"Yeah, they do. They always do."  

______EndOfChapter21.Missing Memories_____

*****

Hope you enjoyed the chapter!

Please do VOTE/COMMENT/FAN and also read the below ANNOUNCEMENT!! :)

Thank you!

*****

**So the || A N N O U N C E M E N T || that I was talking about! :) **

Here it goes:

"I am going to be a FEATURED WRITER in the SUMMER WATTPAD BLOCK PARTY with renowned Wattpad writers like:

@JessGirl93 , @Fallzswimmer , @DoNotMicrowave , @MichaelWeekly , @LanaSky etc.

The event is hosted by our dearest, @KellyAnneBlount

[this JULY]!!

And, I NEED YOUR HELP my dearest Dews❤ !!!"

What you gotta do?

1. Add the WATTPAD BLOCK PARTY SUMMER EDITION book to your reading list/s Link - http://www.wattpad.com/story/39411900-wattpad-block-party-summer-edition

2. MAGIC DUST CAFÉ readers, what do you think about an interview with Matt & Keith for the BLOCK PARTY?

Tell me the most creative & bizzare questions you are willing to ask these two, your beloved MATT & your mysterious KEITH in the comments section and I will use the best ones for the interview! Come blast my notifications!! :D

3. Follow @KellyAnneBlount and DO NOT miss the Wattpad Block Party! Also, Check out the FALL WATTPAD BLOCK PARTY that was held in the month of Feb here - http://www.wattpad.com/story/29576361-the-wattpad-block-party to get a fair idea about what exactly is a Wattpad Block Party!

The Summer Edition Is going to be similar to this one and I am going to be a part of it!!! :D :D [It still feels like a dream!! *_*]

4. Follow Me -

Wattpad - http://www.wattpad.com/user/SparKling_DeWs

Twitter - https://twitter.com/SashWattpad

SPREAD THE WORD!!

5. The person whose question I will like most will get his name FEATURED as a CHARACTER in my current book - MAGIC DUST CAFE as well as my next writing project due SEPTEMBER! Plus a shoutout personally from me! :)

"COME JOIN US AND ENJOY A MONTH FULL OF POSTS FROM YOUR FAVORITE WRITERS/AUTHORS AND THERE ARE ALSO AWESOME GIVEAWAYS! IT'S GOING TO BE A BLAST!" :) :D

This has happened because of the support and love that you guys have given me! I love you all, really, I do. And I need you guys, always! <3 :')

I WILL BE UPDATING ALL OF YOU WITH MORE DETAILS ON MY PROFILE! :)

All the love as always -Sash ❤ :')

THANK YOU SO MUCH, EACH ONE OF YOU IS DEAR TO ME AND ALWAYS WILL BE! :')

*****

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.2K 1.7K 58
"As I passionately kiss your lips and breathe all of you in, release your pain to me; let me inhale it and let my soothing touch heal your broken sou...
9.6K 225 54
"Listen I know we've been flirting and shit but that doesn't mean I like you, okay" I cross my arms again and slightly smirk. He smirks down at me an...
6.1K 1K 65
(Completed; Edited) #Second Place in the Grand Dame Awards (14th February 2019) hosted by Majestic Inc. #Reader's Choice Award (23rd February 2020) i...
240K 5K 55
Rosaline sage Emerson a sweetheart who just wants to see a smile on everyone's faces. She's a complete loving person who loves more than she should. ...