Dependence - an Original Quin...

By smartwolf85

**second book in the series** (Y/N) arrived back in his home country... but some want him back? He returns to... More

Important Info + Credits
Frequently Asked Questions (but not really)
1 - A Familiar Reality
2 - A Familiar Education (ft. Nino's Dilemma)
3 - Can We Not Talk About Politics?
4 - More New Students
5 - Stopping the Date
7a - Planning the Festival
7b - Stopping the Festival
Christmas Special ๐ŸŽ„
8-0 - It's Up to You
8-1a - Ichika
8-1b - Nino
8-1c - Miku
8-1d - Yotsuba
8-1e - Itsuki
8-1f - Ally
8-1g - Cat
8-1.5a - I'd Rather Not Walk
8-2a - Accepting Ichika's Offer
8-2b - Accepting Nino's Offer
8-2c - Accepting Miku's Offer
8-2d - Accepting Yotsuba's Offer
8-2e - Accepting Itsuki's Offer
8-2.5a - Declining Her Offer
9 - A Day at the Beach
10a - The Field Trip of a Lifetime, part 1
10b - The Field Trip of a Lifetime, part 2
11a - Returning the Confession: Ichika
11b - Returning the Confession: Nino
11c - Returning the Confession: Miku
11d - Returning the Confession: Yotsuba
11e - Returning the Confession: Itsuki
A/N for Chapter 11
12a (Finale) - The Wedding - Ichika
12b (Finale) - The Wedding - Nino
12c (Finale) - The Wedding - Miku
12d (Finale) - The Wedding - Yotsuba
12e (Finale) - The Wedding - Itsuki
A/N for Chapter 12
Final Words
Miscellaneous Unuploaded Scenarios
Unuploaded Filler Chapter - Misplaced
Quints' Birthday Special ๐Ÿฅณ๐ŸŽ‰

6 - Stopping the Sleepover

328 20 28
By smartwolf85

Welcome back to the Quints not liking (Y/N) spending time with Akasuki. In today's episode: a "sleepover"!

Will the Quints succeed in stopping (Y/N) from staying over at Kasu's place? Or is there something else at play here? Stay tuned to find out!

- we'll be right back with the show -

[(Y/N) and Ally walk into Tempura]

"Hey, Big Bubber?"

"Yes, Ally?"

"I love Tempura, but it would be really cool if they had some more foods."

"They do, you just gotta try something other than the bacon double cheeseburger."

[Ally sighs] "If only they had poutine..."

[Mikari pops his head out of the kitchen] "Did I hear 'poutine'?"

[cuts to epic slow-mo of poutine box]

"New! Poutine at Tempura. Deluxe French fries with supreme gravy, meeting extra squeaky cheese curds!"

[cuts to Ally taking a bite]

[she opens her eyes wide] "Wow! My mouth is blown!"

[cuts back to picture of poutine] "Poutine, now at Tempura. Also available as Bacon Cheeseburger poutine."

- now, back to the show -

"Okay, guys, this project will assess your understanding of this chapter," the teacher announced.

Everyone groaned because of the sudden new influx of work.

"Hey, it's either this or a test."

The students were still a bit salty but accepted that it was better than a test.

"Alright, I'll be nice, you can choose your groups."

Some students – including the Quints – stood up and walked over to their friends to form their groups.

(Y/N) mentally went through his list of friends: the Quints were in their own group; Fuutarou was in a group with Gin; and Kasu and Eiyuu were in a pair, but (Y/N) knew they wouldn't mind if he joined them.

The teacher looked at the slowly forming groups and noticed something. "Um, Nakanos, a group of five is a little big... Nino, how about you join Fuutarou and Gin?"

Nino was momentarily stunned. "I– Um–"

"Please, Nino, let's not waste time."

As Nino realized what was happening, she slowly grew furious, which was obvious on her face. (Y/N) had to try very hard to restrain his laughter. Karma? Might've been.

(Y/N) walked over to Kasu and Eiyuu and asked to join their group.

"Join?" Kasu was surprised. "You can come run it, for all I care."

"Yeah, dude, come on in," Eiyuu welcomed him.

As students were brainstorming, the three figured they should set up a meeting time to work on this project. Knowing their teacher, they likely wouldn't get much class time to work on it.

(Y/N) said he was available all days except Monday, Wednesday, and Friday (for tutoring), and he'd rather not on Sunday.

They decided on just meeting up today (Tuesday) to get it over with. It was just about then that the bell rang to finish class, meaning it was now lunchtime.

- at the cafeteria -

The Nakanos huddled together (again) at their table. Nino led the discussion (again).

"Alright, girls. So... (Y/N) is planning to meet with Akasuki again."

Itsuki sighed. "Nino, why do you care about this so much? Just leave them be."

"It's important! This girl could be the end of our relationship with (L/N) as we know it."

"You said that last time, too. And where did that get us? Interrupting their harmless study session."

"So? That could be their diversion plot! They might've been like, 'oh, the Nakanos're gonna be jealous and suspicious of us so we should at least be innocent once!' ."

"That's pretty ridiculous, Nino."

"Yet it might be true!"

"Fine. If you're so adamant about this, how about you take this one on yourself?"

"Fine!"

"Alright, good luck."

"I might need to borrow a couple of you, though."

Itsuki immediately backed out of the huddle, not wanting anything to do with it.

Ichika smiled slightly. "If you need help with an actress-type role, I'd do it."

Nino's blank face slowly morphed into a sinister grin. "I just got the perfect idea."

- that night -

(Y/N) knocked on Akasuki's door. She lived in a medium-sized apartment with her university-age brother, who was absent (due to university).

"Come in!" Kasu yelled.

(Y/N) felt puzzled as he turned the doorknob. "...Why is the door unlocked?"

Kasu was sitting on the floor, working with Eiyuu. "A locked door is quite unwelcoming to guests."

"I guess... But you know what's even more unwelcoming?"

"What?"

"No food," (Y/N) said, rubbing his empty tummy.

"What're you talkin' about? There's food right here!" She pointed to the kitchen table, where there were a couple of bowls of instant ramen.

"Instant ramen?"

"There's miso, too, if you'd prefer."

(Y/N) rolled his eyes and sat down on the couch. "Alright, tell me what you guys were working on before I came."

Kasu came back from a short trip to the kitchen holding three glasses of water. "We were just finishing our brainstorming and starting the document... You know, all the boring stuff."

"That sounds like fun! Glad this was when I came," (Y/N) sarcastically remarked.

Here we must switch gears and think outside the box. Er, um, outside the apartment?

Guess who? The Nakanos.

Specifically, Nino, Ichika, and Miku (against her own will). Yotsuba felt that it would be a rude repayment to (Y/N), and Itsuki just felt it was too far.

[a little later]

Nino positioned a brown wig on Ichika's head while reminding her of the procedure. "So, remember: you knock on the door and make sure it is (L/N) that answers. If not, pretend you got the wrong unit and leave. If yes, inch him out of the unit to 'pay'. Then, just take him. Simple enough."

Ichika put on her cap on top of the wig. "Nino, for the last time... Are you sure?"

"100%."

"Alright. If he beats me up 'cause he thinks I'm assaulting him, I'm blaming you."

Miku handed Ichika a prop pizza box. "Good luck, Ichika."

Ichika smiled. "I'll try my best!"

As they were in the lobby, Ichika had to take the elevator up to Akasuki's apartment (she found the address from Nino; don't ask how Nino got it).

The elevator dinged. Ichika walked out, holding the pizza box on both sides to make sure the (imaginary) pizza wouldn't fall out.

She walked around the floor's corridor until she found Kasu's unit. She took a deep breath and firmly knocked on the door.

Inside the apartment, Kasu put on a confused look. "I wasn't expecting any more visitors tonight...," she said as she got up to get the door.

(Y/N) got up and put his hand on Kasu's shoulder. "It's alright, Kasu, I'll get it for you," he said as he left for the door.

He opened the door and saw a pretty normal-looking pizza delivery guy.

"Um...," (Y/N) looked behind him and asked Kasu if she ordered pizza, to which she answered no.

(Y/N) turned back to the delivery guy. "Hi, um, sorry, we didn't order a pizza. You must be at the wrong unit."

Ichika cleared her throat and put on the deepest voice she could. "Are you sure? Pizza for... Akasuki?"

Now, (Y/N) was even more confused. "Uh... Yeah, she's here, but she didn't order a pizza... Also, shouldn't you be wearing your company's uniform instead of that baggy jacket?"

"Yeah, um, I forgot it at home today, so I just wore my jacket."

"And you're talking really low, it seems like you're uncomfortable," (Y/N) continued being observant.

"It's required for my job."

"Alright, well... Sorry again, but I can help you look for the right apartment if you'd like."

"Oh, would you? Thank you so much!" Ichika smoothly wrapped her free hand around (Y/N)'s back and pulled him out of the apartment. Hey, he made it easy for me! A gentleman, as always...

(Y/N) said goodbye to Kasu and Eiyuu as he backed out of the apartment but barely had a chance as Ichika unexpectedly shut the door behind him.

"Hey, Mr. Delivery Guy... What's your name?"

Ichika had to think about it. "Um... Takeru."

"Takeru, nice... First or last?"

"Um... both."

"So your name is Takeru... Takeru?"

"Yep, that's my name, I love my name!"

"I would love it, too, if I had that name. That's a pretty nice name. Anyway, what unit are you looking for?"

"You know... I came here, to floor 12, but it might be on floor 2. I think I misread it."

"Hm, maybe. But that wouldn't explain the Akasuki thing... Unless there are multiple Akasukis in this building, but that's kinda unlikely."

"Well, let's go down, maybe there are."

(Y/N) called the elevator for the two. "Do you work around here often?"

"Fairly often, why?"

"I frequently order pizza for these girls that I tutor, but I've never seen you deliver."

Ichika fully thought out this response. "I only work Tuesdays and Thursdays."

"Ah, that would explain it. Floor 2, you said?" (Y/N) asked as the elevator doors opened.

"Yeah."

"Then why are we in the lobby?"

Before (Y/N) could think about it too much, Ichika pushed him from behind out into the lobby area. Then Nino came out of nowhere and stopped (Y/N) from moving any farther (though it just came out like a bear hug).

"Mission success!" Nino exclaimed.

(Y/N) squirmed, trying to escape Nino's grasp. "Let go of me!" He turned his head to the delivery guy. "Were you in on this?"

Ichika smiled apologetically as she took the wig and cap off her head, revealing her true self.

(Y/N) felt betrayed. He thought only Nino would do something like this, but for another Quint to join her? That can't be good.

As (Y/N) was thinking of what he could do before Nino actually took him hostage, Eiyuu came out of the other elevator.

(Y/N) didn't miss the opportunity and cried after Eiyuu. "Eiyuu, bro, help me!"

Eiyuu looked concerned and started to walk over.

Nino showed him her angry face. "Don't come any closer if you don't want to get hurt!"

Eiyuu ignored the warning and pried Nino's arms off of (Y/N).

(Y/N) breathed a sigh of relief. "Thank you, bro."

"Why are these girls bothering you?"

(Y/N) eyed the two Quints. "I don't know. They're jealous or something."

Nino looked away and crossed her arms. "Not my fault you're having sleepovers with other girls."

Eiyuu gave (Y/N) a confused look. (Y/N) clenched his fists in response to Nino. "Nino, for the second time, we're not doing anything romantic. We're literally just working on our project together."

Eiyuu nodded in confirmation.

"We're not even spending the night, we were about to wrap up soon."

Nino started to feel embarrassed. "Yeah, well, I thought–"

"Hey, no excuses. It's happened once before. Now learn from that and leave us alone."

Nino also clenched her fists. "Fine! If you'd rather hang out with some nobody girl and some" – she stopped herself, since Eiyuu was in front of her – "guy instead of us, go ahead!" And with that, she stormed off.

Ichika called after her. "Nino, the exit is this way!"

Nino expressionlessly crossed back in front of the boys before walking through the door. Ichika followed her out.

Miku popped her head out from behind a hall corner. "Hey, um, (Y/N)..."

(Y/N) immediately realized that Miku probably wouldn't have wanted to do this of her own accord. "Oh, hey, Miku."

She bowed her head a bit. "S–Sorry..."

(Y/N) smiled. "It's alright, just try to convince Nino to stay sane next time."

"I'll try..." Miku turned and scurried after her sisters.

Eiyuu was looking at (Y/N) with great disbelief.

(Y/N) motioned jazz hands. "Welcome to life with the Nakanos!"

Thus concludes this episode of Jealous Nakano (yes, just the one). Stay tuned for the finale next week!

- = + = -

hello great people! (exclamation mark this time 'cause I'm feeling good)

a day late 'cause of yada yada excuses but it was longer to make up for it :)

one more chapter in the Kasu arc before a Christmas chapter and then that revolutionary thing I was talking about last chapter.

hope you enjoyed the chapter! feedback is always appreciated. thanks for reading!

- Niko-kun

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

248K 6.5K 17
You and Tsukki were childhood friends, but when you moved away in grade school everything changed. Now you're back, and you're both attending Karasun...
36.7K 2.1K 11
"I love you to the tsuki and back." "Lmao, get it?" - This book may be half-baked, but it has allowed me to grow as writer to explore writing styles...
247K 7.2K 26
โ๐†๐Ž๐ƒ, ๐˜๐Ž๐”'๐‘๐„ ๐’๐Ž ๐…๐”๐‚๐Š๐ˆ๐๐† ๐๐‘๐„๐“๐“๐˜ ๐–๐‡๐„๐ ๐˜๐Ž๐” ๐‚๐‘๐˜.โž โ•ฐโ”ˆโ”€โžค ๐™ž๐™ฃ ๐™ฌ๐™๐™ž๐™˜๐™ ๐˜ผ๐™ ๐™–๐™–๐™จ๐™๐™ž ๐™จ๐™ช๐™œ๐™œ๐™š๐™จ๐™ฉ๐™จ ๐™จ๐™ค๐™ข๐™š๐™ฉ๐™๐™ž๐™ฃ๏ฟฝ...
277K 6.3K 53
(Y/N) (L/N) is a lazy but very smart student. In class, he will either sleep or draw something. He doesn't have any family member. He live alone in h...