𝐒𝐇𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐏 ☆ ᴛ. ᴛᴜʀɴᴇʀ

By mlbtrophywife

"if i'm being honest, i don't think i've ever fallen for anyone as fast as i fell for you." ─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .*... More

𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐞
𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐭
𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐎𝐍𝐄
𝟎𝟏. 𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥
𝟎𝟑. 𝐝𝐨𝐰𝐧𝐭𝐨𝐰𝐧
𝟎𝟒. 𝐬𝐥𝐞𝐞𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐬
𝟎𝟓. 𝐟𝐚𝐯 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥
𝟎𝟔. 𝐛𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐡 𝐝𝐚𝐲
𝟎𝟕. 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐝𝐫𝐢𝐯𝐞
𝟎𝟖. 𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐢𝐜𝐚 𝐥𝐞𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐤𝐲
𝟎𝟗. 𝐬𝐮𝐢𝐭𝐞
𝟏𝟎. 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐯𝐢𝐞𝐰
𝟏𝟏. 𝐰𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐧 𝐨𝐟 𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐞
𝟏𝟐. 𝐚 𝐤𝐢𝐬𝐬
𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐓𝐖𝐎
𝟏𝟑. 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐲 𝐮𝐧𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐟𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐥
𝟏𝟒. 𝐛𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐡𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐚𝐭 𝐡𝐨𝐦𝐞
𝟏𝟓. 𝐮𝐧𝐜𝐥𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐚
𝟏𝟔. 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝?
𝟏𝟕. 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐭𝐬
𝟏𝟖. 𝐛𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐢 𝐝𝐚𝐲
𝟏𝟗. 𝐬𝐢𝐜𝐤
𝟐𝟎. 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥 𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐤
𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄
𝟐𝟏. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐩𝐞𝐭
𝟐𝟐. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫 𝐠𝐚𝐦𝐞
𝟐𝟑. 𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐚
𝟐𝟒. 𝐢𝐬𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐠𝐚𝐥𝐬
𝟐𝟓. 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐬
𝟐𝟔. 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐰𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐫𝐲 𝐚ç𝐚í 𝐥𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐝𝐞
𝟐𝟕. 𝐡𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬
𝟐𝟖. 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐚𝐠𝐞 𝐜𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞𝐭
𝟐𝟗. 𝐢𝐧 𝐮𝐫 𝐭 𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭, 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧.
𝟑𝟎. 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐠𝐚𝐫𝐝𝐞𝐧
𝟑𝟏. 𝐬𝐨𝐜𝐤𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐛𝐢𝐫𝐤𝐬
𝟑𝟐. 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐚 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥 𝐨𝐧 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐨𝐝
𝟑𝟑. 𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐭𝐞
𝟑𝟒. 𝐛𝐢𝐠𝐠𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐟𝐚𝐧
𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑
𝟑𝟓. 𝐢 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐞
𝟑𝟔. 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬
𝟑𝟕. 𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐢𝐭 𝐠𝐨 𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬.
𝟑𝟖. 𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐬 𝐨𝐟𝐟
𝟑𝟗. 𝐢'𝐦 𝐬𝐨 𝐬𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐲.
𝟒𝟎. 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐞
𝟒𝟏. 𝐬𝐚𝐧 𝐝𝐢𝐠𝐨?
𝟒𝟐. 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐛𝐮𝐜𝐤𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐨𝐧𝐞
𝟒𝟑. 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐦𝐲 𝐛𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝
𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄
𝟒𝟒. 𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐰 𝐠𝐚𝐫𝐟𝐢𝐞𝐥𝐝 𝐈𝐒 𝐡𝐨𝐭
𝟒𝟓. 𝐫𝐞𝐩 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫
𝟒𝟔. 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥 𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐤 𝐩𝐭. 𝟐
𝟒𝟕. 𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐢𝐧 𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞
𝟒𝟖. 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐨𝐤𝐚𝐲
𝟒𝟗. 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐦𝐨𝐦
𝟓𝟎. 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫
𝟓𝟏. 𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐲𝐨𝐫𝐤
𝟓𝟐. 𝐝𝐚𝐝𝐬 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐞
𝟓𝟑. 𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐝
𝟓𝟒. 𝐪𝐮𝐢𝐞𝐭
𝟓𝟓. 𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤
𝟓𝟔. 𝐯𝐚𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐚 𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐫 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐚 𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐞𝐫
𝟓𝟕. 𝐡𝐞𝐲
𝟓𝟖. 𝐚𝐧𝐬𝐰𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧
𝟓𝟗. 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐢𝐭 𝐮𝐩 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐞
𝟔𝟎. 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐰𝐞 𝐠𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠?
𝟔𝟏. 𝐛𝐨𝐰𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠
𝟔𝟐. 𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐞

𝟎𝟐. 𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐦𝐚𝐥𝐬

868 16 50
By mlbtrophywife

vanessa and cody's cars pulled into the parking lot of dodger stadium. the group got out and began to walk in.

"dave roberts is our manager now, he's pretty chill" mookie said trying to be helpful

"i know mookie. he told me i got the job." she replied to his remark. cody and trea laughed at him. normally when mookie did things to try to be useful, they never worked out.

"we usually call him d, i think he likes it" cody said pulling out his phone.

"it makes him feel youthful" trea added. the girl laughed at the boys. as they approached the door, cody grabbed it and held it open for the other 3.

they walked through the halls and brought vanessa to dave's office before heading to the locker room.

"you know i know where to go right? this isn't my first time here" she questioned.

"we know," smiled cody. "we'll leave you to it." the three boys walked off leaving vanessa alone in front of dave's office. she walked in and received a warm welcome from her new boss.

"vanessa! welcome, come sit." he said. she walked into the office and sat in the chair across from his desk.

"thank you mr roberts." the girl smiled.

"please call me d," he added, and put his hand to the side of his mouth. "it makes me feel youthful." the two laughed. "i see you've met a few players already."

"yeah they're great. very welcoming," vanessa commented.

"they're all great kids, especially those three. i learn a lot from them every day."

vanessa knew that the next couple months were really going to be the best of her life.

"boys are taking bp now, let's head down to the dugout and prepare for the game."

the two left and went downstairs into the dugout. the walls were filled with hall of famers and legends. as they entered the dugout, they found a few boys sitting on the bench, chatting.

"what are you boys doing? get out there!" rodgers shouted.

"you must be vanessa! i'm will," he stood up from his seat, putting out his hand.

"hi will,"

"make friends later, go go!" the two boys scrambled off to the field. the two managers sat on the bench and pulled out their clipboards. rodgers gave a few papers to vanessa about the players.

"im leaving you to make the lineup today, gavin has the day, so don't bother putting him in anywhere."

"got it" she said

"ill leave you to it," rogers got up and headed out to his boys on the field.

vanessa started playing around with people and shifting them. soon enough, she was interrupted by a few of her players.

"8th?!" one said, she looked up from her paper, cody of course.

"you'll be fine" she replied.

"what did i do to you??" he snapped back semi-jokingly.

"ooh where am i?" trea asked

"2nd," trea held up a w with his fingers and shoved it right in cody's face. cody grabbed the shortstops hands and threw them down.

"hey no broken fingers, i need my #2 hitter" they laughed while cody threw up his hands and walked away. as he left, down came mookie to the two.

"hi mookie," trea said to his friend.

"hi treaaa" mookie turned to see what vanessa was working on. "oooh lineup! where am i?"

vanessa flipped her clipboard around so the two could see everyone.

"wheres gav?" asked mookie as he finished reading through the list of players.

"he took the day," she replied.

"lucky duck," said trea.

the three continued playfully chatting, and eventually cody came back once he was over his little fit.

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

soon enough the boys were told to head into the clubhouse for a formal introduction of their new manager.

"boys, as im sure you may know, we are lucky enough to receive a co-manager. this is vanessa caint, she will be joining us for the rest of the season and hopefully, seasons to come." the boys clapped for their new girl.

"if you need anything at all, she's your girl. i'll still be around of course, but make sure you're making her feel welcomed in every way you can. i see that a few of you got in touch with her prior to today, and for that i thank you." vanessa smiled, she really felt like she belonged with this team.

"now, she has your lineup, go ahead vanessa"

slightly nervous, but mostly confident, she read the lineup that she had created.

"you heard 'er! go get ready!" the team scattered off to finish doing what they were doing before.

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

bottom of the 8th, padres up 1. vanessa was trying to organize her papers, and gavin just couldn't stop bothering her.

"whatcha doinnn" he said as annoyingly as he possibly could.

"my job, why aren't you doing yours"

"my lower back, its like super sore, gotta give it a rest. plus we have an off day tomorrow to fly down to atlanta." he sighed.

"so now your my problem?" she exclaimed. the boy smiled as they both turned to watch the game for a moment. just then, the loudest crack of a bat you had ever heard. it was trea. the game had changed, 3 run homer, trea turner, 8-6, dodgers. the crowd went wild, but the dugout went wilder. the boys around her started to bark and growl at the shot. what the hell was going on.

"the fuck are you guys doing?" she laughed out at the idiots surrounding her.

"mookie and trea were arguing about who could do something more obnoxious. mookie told us all to start barking when he hit his next home run." gavin answered the confused girl, then continued barking.

"man, i hope you can hear this over the broadcast." she added. he nudged the blonde, she sighed, and started barking along.

trea ran back into the dugout laughing at his team, high fives, fist bumps, elbow bumps, and stupid handshakes between trea and his friends. he finally reached the end of the dugout, where he was pulling off his gloves

"nice shot shortstop" vanessa said snarkingly. "didn't know i worked with a bunch of fucking animals"

"well ness, a guy can do that to his buds y'know" he replied with a smile.

"no, i really don't"

"you'll get it eventually" he placed his gloves in his cubby and grabbed a protein bar off the shelf.

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

dodgers win, 9-6, trea turner, 1 HR, 5 RBI, freddie freeman, 1 HR, 2 RBI, max muncy 4-5, 2 RBI. vanessa began to head to her press conference with roberts when she felt her phone start to blow up.

message from
nessies besties
_______________

cody bellinger
because this is ness' first win i think we
should go out tn.

mookie betts
yesss, ik where we can go

ness carr
we really dont have to go out
bc of me, you guys won.

trea turner
yeah but we were on a losing streak

ness carr
you lost 2 games before i showed up,
dont think thats enough to call it a streak

cody bellinger
ok well were still taking you out

ness carr
best believe im not paying.

mookie betts
fine.

ness carr
can i go home first and change

trea turner
yea we'll pick u up at 6

cody bellinger
dress nice but not too nice

ness carr
ok bye losers

she slipped her phone back into her pocket.

"who was that?" asked roberts

"oh just some of the boys, they want to take me out for dinner because apparently i single handedly broke their 'losing streak'" vanessa mocked the group.

"they only lost two games before you came."

"i know,"

the two laughed and headed out to the media. vanessa looked like she was nervous, but roberts reassured her by giving her a little nudge and a smile.

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

after a long while of stupid questions and ridiculos ideas spat out by the media, she could finally go home. she walked out to the parking lot with her light pink bag and hopped into her car. she sighed, vanessa can check her first day off the list. she connected her phone to the car and shuffled her playlist. The Night Is Still Young by Nicki Minaj started playing, and vanessa turned that shit up all the way.

by the time vanessa got home, it was about 4:45, which only left her a little over an hour to get ready. she immediately took a shower to rinse off all the cooties she had gotten form those boys today.  she put on her favorite robe and began to redo her makeup. by the time she was finished, she only had 15 minutes for her hair. vanessa definitely wasn't the most efficient girl when it came to doing things that needed to be done. quickly, she blow dried her hair, and threw it back into a loose ponytail.

the blonde heard a car pull up in front of her house and the sound of a honk. as well as a few boys yelling, shocking. she grabbed her favorite prada bag and went right out the door. she was wearing an off white sweater with a pair of statement pants that she knew the boys were going to make fun of.

vanessa hopped in the back of the car alongside mookie.

"what up ness," said cody

"hi guys,"

"why do you have my grandmas curtains on your legs?" trea laughed, turning his head over the his seat. vanessa kicked the seat in front of her.

"they're statement pants"

"well they're definitely making some kind of statement.." he retaliated.

"you're a dick" she said with a sarcastic smile.

"okay cool it over there" cody said backing out of her driveway.

"i like your pants ness," said mookie smiling.

"thank you mookie!" she exclaimed.

the boy in front of her began to recline his seat back onto her lap.

"do you mind!?" vanessa spat.

"yea, im just trying to catch some z's" trea smirked.

"y'know trea, you're much more childish than i thought." she stated looking at him upside down.

"no, i really don't know"

after a long, painful car ride, they had finally arrived in downtown LA.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.5K 1K 60
Viv Yelich has been in the shadows her whole life, in the shadow of her mother and father's successful careers, in the shadow of her perfect sister...
120K 1.7K 80
"A strong woman will automatically stop trying if she feels unwanted. She won't fix it or beg, she'll just walk away" Completed October...
119K 810 42
finished unless i feel like writing again!
70.8K 1.1K 98
Young daughter of a powerful man , falls for a older guy. Cody Bellinger. They start off different than other couples. Everything seems great the fir...