The Bad Boy And The Innocent...

By LeeBarrett15

Iris Harper is an 18-year-old girl who gives her life away to everything around her. She has always been know... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Bonus Chapter 51
🚨ANNOUNCEMENT🚨

Chapter 46

1.1K 41 1
By LeeBarrett15

A Promise Is A Promise

***

"Iris." Nolan stood infront of her, so close she could reach him.

"Iris." He called for her with a face of worry.

"Iris. You need to wake up." He said. Iris took a step forward, making him take one back.

She was furious, she always had dreams like this and whenever she would try to get near him, he would move away.

"Stop. I need you." She reached out her hand as he stared at it before looking back up at her.

"Wake up!" He suddenly yelled.

Iris shot up so suddenly, panting.

"Iris, are you okay?" Her mother questioned her. She scanned the room she was in and immideatly knew where she was and what had happened last night.

She sighed, rubbing her aching head.

"Yeah, I'm okay." Was all that could come out of her mouth.

"The doctor said you just had a panic attack and that you're good to go once you wake up. You don't know just how worried I was when they called." Her father sighed sadly, but he smiled, being glad his daughter was safe and sound.

Iris nodded.

She was able to leave the hospital after a little check up. She didn't say a word on the ride home or even when they were at home. She just headed straight to her room.

"Iris! Wait! Let's talk!" Her mother's sad voice called but she ignored it and just put on headphones, drifting off to sleep.

The weekend passed by slowly. Iris just sat in her room the whole day and only came out for a little snack. Her brother threatened to kill whoever made her this upset. But she didn't care. Infact, she was finally empty.

She would walk to the bathroom and look at her ugly wrists. There were marks as old as time but after the incident, she added a new one on every passing day.

It was school and though she didn't want to go, she had no choice. She walked the halls, not paying much attention to what's going on around her until she bumped into someone.

"Sorry." She apologized.

"Iris?" The voice asked softly. She looked up and met eyes with a familiar someone.

"Are you okay? Friday you seemed-"

"I'm sorry. I... I had a panic attack. I know it's not an excuse for why I ditched you, but-" she cut him off, only to be cut off by him again.

"It's okay. I don't mind. You seemed to have been going through alot." He carefully stated and she nodded, looking back down at the floor again.

"I should go to class." She softly claimed, pulling her sleeves more up to the middle of her palms, walking off again.

"Iris." Another person called out for her. This time it was Louis.

"Not now, Louis." She said in a stoic manner.

"Iris. Can we talk-"

"I said not now, Louis." She said more sternly, looking up at the figure that had finally catched up to her.

He sighed and nodded, allowing her to have her moment. He knew she felt broken right now, but what he didn't know was that she felt empty too.

She sat in both classes, feeling a sence of emptiness in her. She didn't know if it was sadness but one thing she did know was that it felt worse than being broken.

When she was broken, she could still feel emotions, right now she couldn't feel anything. It just seemed off.

It was now lunch. Alex wanted to sit with her today and she agreed hesitantly. Her plan was to be alone today, but after she ditched him, she couldn't just leave him again.

She made her way to the empty table like always, with Alex beside her, but was once again interrupted by a voice.

"Iris." Louis's voice was heard and almost ignored.

"Iris." He called again.

"Louis, please stop. I'm not in the mood today."

"Maybe you should listen to him...?" Alex reccomened but Iris shook her head.

"But it's importa-" Louis tried to speak again.

"Louis. Please." She continued, placing down her things on the table.

Just before she could sit, another voice interrupted. Alex also stopped and eyed the person behind her with a frown.

"Iris."

She halted in her actions.

No. I'm hallucinating again. She thought but stayed still nevertheless. She needed to hear it again. She needed to make sure.

"Iris, turn around." The voice ordered.

Her eyes watered.

"I'm hallucinating" She whispered, not turning around.

"You're not. Iris, please. Turn around." The voice begged desperately.

She slowly turned around, looking at the floor. The person infront of her wore midnight blue Nikes and black baggy pants. Her eyes traveled up, eyeing the oversized white t-shirt on the person. His figure looked familiar.

A tear finally escaped her watering eyes as she looked at the figure she had longed to see for so long.

"Nolan."

His name broke free. A smile formed onto her lips and for once she cried simply out of pure joy and happiness.

He opened his arms with a smile on his face. She longed to see it for so long, why not embrace it before it could get ripped out of her hold again?

She ran to him with full force and jumped as he caught her, syumbling back a bit. She wrapped her arms around his neck and her legs around his waist while he wrapped his arms around her waist.

"I missed you! I missed you so much! I was so sad a-and I-...I missed you! Please don't leave me again! Don't!Please!" She begged continuesly as soon as she knew he was real.

His warm embrace she longed for to feel again was finally there. His touch. His voice. His heartbeat.

"I promised I'd always come back. Why would I dare to break that promise?" His voice whispered for her only to hear.

The cafeteria echoed with whispers while other people cheered for them.

He let her down onto her feet and smashed his lips onto hers. Finally, the thing she longed to the most. His kisses.

They pulled back and she punched him, trying to get him back for what he had put her through.

"Ow! That was my stitches!" Nolan hissed in pain as he held his chest, shooting daggers at Iris with his glare.

"Oops?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

53 0 34
All Aurora ever wanted, was a new life. A life, where she was able to escape her old world, run from her past self and... Dare I say, fall in love w...
2.1K 87 32
Everyone knows that a bell rings every time an angel but what happens when an angel looses her wings? Harper Marie Clancy is the purest angel you wil...
116K 2.7K 39
Iris Donnelly, at the golden age of seventeen, hasn't opened her heart up to anybody. Her philosophy is to get through her last year of high school w...
76.9K 3K 35
""Where am I?" I look around curiously, my eyes locking on every boy in the room. Everett steps forward, a slight smile on his face. "You're in hell...