i am here! [KnB FanFic, KagaK...

By MoxiePoxy

.:Winner of @WinterRaineeDay 's KnB Canon Pairing Contest Multi-Chapter Entries:. What do you do when you're... More

Diary 1 - A Shadow Among The Light
Diary 2 - You Noticed Me
Diary 3 - Stepping Out Can Be Scary
Diary 4 - I Like You
Diary 5 - Wanting To Run Away
Diary 6 - In The Darkness

[Final] Diary 7 - I'm Right Here

568 42 5
By MoxiePoxy

"Kagami-kun!" Kuroko shouted to the dark redhead she saw in the distance.

Kagami turned around from where he stood at the old storage building. The light bluenette stopped to catch her breath, she was surprised to see Kagami here without her, and even more surprised to see he had laid out food and water for Nigou.

"I'm surprised, Kagami-kun is making so much progress with Nigou lately."

"Ah, yeah well..." Kagami muttered as he scratched the back of his head while looking at the pup that was eating.

Kuroko decided to sit next to him and she wanted to ask the burning question. "Kagami-kun, I notice you tend to scratch the back of your head when nervous, so why do you do that around me a lot of the time?"

Kagami smiled at her, "You make me nervous sometimes. A good nervous though; like I don't want to mess up in front of you. I want to impress you."

Kuroko blinked owlishly, "Impress me? But why though? I think Kagami-kun is already amazing."

"Because I care too much. I... care a lot about you, more than you know." His eyes seemed to burn into hers they were so intense. It made her blush.

"But why though?" Kuroko asked softly.

Kagami continued to gaze at her, as if he were trying to communicate with his eyes alone (and he was doing a good job of it). He finally opened his mouth to confess when they both head Kise yelling in the distance.

"Kagamicchi! Kurokocchi! C'mon you two lovebirds, have lunch with me~!" He seemed to whine the last part.

Kuroko and Kagami looked back at each other with a slight blush before getting up. Later, wasn't mentioned between them, but they knew it would happen.

.

.

.

Diary 7 [FINAL] - I'm Right Here

Kuroko and Kagami spent after school studying since exams would be coming up the following week.

"Oh man, I know I got this!" Kagami shouted determinedly to himself and Kuroko nodded with a small smile.

"I agree, you've come a long way Kagami-kun."

They were spending their studying outside, so they could be with Nigou and the pup slept peacefully pressed against Kuroko's side. The light bluenette was still feeling jovial after today's events.

"It's been a long day." Kagami stretched his arms above his head.

"It has, but it's a day I wish could go on and on forever." She looked up at the blue sky.

Kagami smiled at her and they studied over the subjects they both had the most difficulty with.

"You know, you're a great teacher." Kagami mentioned after some time, making Kuroko stop.

"Really? You know, when I was younger and the teacher asked us to pick a career dream I always chose teacher."

Kagami looked surprised but then grinned. "Hey, it fits. If you really want to be a teacher, then I think you would be really great at it."

Kuroko smiled at him, "Thank you. And what about you, Kagami-kun? What do you wish to do in life?"

Kagami looked up at the sky. "I want to play basketball for as long as I can, but then... I'd really like to be a firefighter."

Kuroko blinked, her turn to be surprised. "A firefighter?"

"Yeah," Kagami had a fond look in his eyes. "My old man was one when I was a kid before he was given granddad's company to run. I always thought he was happier living his dream... He inspired me from back then to be one."

Kuroko could feel her heart beat in her chest. "Kagami-kun." When she spoke his name, he looked back at her with a gentle expression - which only made her heart rate worse. "I wonder... Do you think I became the kind of person who can be close to you?"

A sudden gust of wind billowed against Kuroko slightly and she shut her eyes as she leaned with it until she felt warm hands grab her softly by the shoulders.

"Yeah, look how close..." And Kuroko opened her eyes to see their faces were very, very close. "...we are right now." He finished with a soft look and Kuroko immediately blushed and pulled back, causing Kagami to chuckle.

All... All of a sudden I feel so hot... Kuroko put a hand to her chest in an effort to calm her racing heart. "Yes, but... I-I had some extra help."

"Huh?" Kagami looked confused and Kuroko smiled as she confessed something she's never told anyone.

"I... I've never told anyone about this, but... I have a blog, and though there's quite a few members, there's three regular ones that comment on it." She smiled to herself. "Their names are Lucky Rabbit, Cute Copycat, and Tiger Light... I was able to be strong because they supported me."

When Kagami didn't say anything, she looked over at him to see he was in deep thought.

"Kagami-kun?"

Her voice seemed to make him come back to reality and he looked back at her. "O-Oh yeah... Say, do you want to go somewhere after exams?"

Kuroko was confused, but went along with it. "Like-Like a... date?"

Kagami smiled at this, it reaching his eyes. "Yeah, I would really like that."

Kuroko flushed slightly, but smiled. Anywhere with Kagami would be good to her.

. * . * . * . * . * . * . * .

Kuroko was in her room reading when she heard a loud noise downstairs and she jumped where she sat.

"What do you mean it's my fault the bill didn't get paid?!" That was her mother, sounding so angry that Kuroko froze, unwilling to move, only listen.

"It's exactly as I said Terumi, you were busy with those assignments and forgot to go by and pay the bill. Now they're charging us extra for a late fee!"

Even her normally reserved father sounded scary and she curled up. She couldn't stop listening even though she wanted it to stop.

"Well you should have taken care of it!" Her mother said right back.

"It's your responsibility too!"

She heard another loud noise and felt her heart hammer in her chest. It sounded so violent, why was this happening?

This was the first time they fought so much and she clutched her hands over her ears, trying to block out the sound but couldn't.

They kept arguing and yelling, and Kuroko could feel her heart hurt. Why couldn't they get along? Why couldn't they be happy?

There was a sudden buzzing and she opened her eyes to see her phone. Her breathing hitched as she reached for it, wanting comfort.

She ended up dialing Kagami's number, just needing to hear his voice...

"Hey, Kuroko." His voice was pleasant to her ears when he answered.

"H-Hey..." Kuroko answered just as the voices downstairs raised and she cringed.

"Kuroko?" Kagami sounded concerned. "Are you okay? What's wrong?"

"I-" Kuroko cut off as her breathing hitched again and her eyes watered when she heard her name mentioned. "My parents are fighting. I... I don't know what to do!"

Kuroko shook as the argument grew more violent downstairs. "Kagami-kun!"

"I'm on my way over."

"Huh?" Kuroko blinked.

"Are you in your room?" Was his next question and Kuroko answered before she thought about it.

"Yes..."

"Okay. It's going to be okay, Kuroko. I promise. You believe in me, right?"

A tear escaped as Kuroko smiled and nodded, closing her eyes as she leaned more into the phone she held. "Yes." Without a doubt.

Kuroko stayed on the phone, listening to Kagami's voice as he talked until he suddenly asked a question.

"Hey, which window are you?"

Kuroko blinked rapidly. "The only top one on the left side of the house next to the tree." She answered in confusion.

"Okay, I should be able to make that."

Now Kuroko was even more confused. "Kagami-kun what-"

Suddenly she heard something outside her window and went to it, opening the blinds and pushing the curtain aside. Outside her window was Kagami, and he was scaling the tree to reach her window.

Kuroko opened her window and screen to look at him incredulously. "What are you doing? You're going to get hurt!"

"Better watch out!"

Kuroko ducked out of the way as Kagami suddenly leaped from the tree branch and toppled into her room. The light bluenette instantly went to him as the fall looked like it hurt.

"I'm fine," Kagami told her with a smile, rubbing his head.

"That looked like it hurt, Kagami-kun. Are you sure?" Kuroko went all around him, inspecting him as he stood.

"Yeah. I'm pretty good at climbing and jumping!" He gave her a smirk and she blinked before looking back at her open window and then at Kagami's rumpled features.

She couldn't help it, it made her laugh. Kagami's lips twitched before he joined her.

"I can't b-believe you! Kagami-kun is a real idiot." She laughed and Kagami looked at her.

"Hey! You at least have to give me points for scaling the tree!" He mock-pouted, but their merriment soon stopped as the voices only grew louder downstairs and Kuroko shuddered.

Kagami listened in and his eyebrows pulled together. "Does this happen a lot?"

Kuroko shook her head. "No, not usually..." She yelped suddenly when there was another harsh thud. She pushed her arms to her chest in an effort to hold herself together. She didn't want to be weak in front of Kagami...

"I don't know why I even married you!"

"Just leave then!"

No... She wanted her family to stay together, she wanted them to stay with her! Before she realized it, the tears started streaming down her face and her hunched shoulders shook.

"I-I'm sorry Kagami-kun, I-"

Suddenly her face was pressed into a solid chest and arms wrapped around her firmly.

"Don't say a thing, I'm here now. I'm right here for you, always." Kagami's gentle tone of voice was right at her ear and a few more tears escaped as she stayed encased in that warmth.

She cried more into his chest, feeling her emotions run wild, and it felt perfectly okay with Kagami here with her. When was the last time she was held like this? By her father years ago when everything was all right in her home...?

Kagami's arms were so strong around her, and his body was so much bigger than hers that she felt completely hid and protected - it was such a nice feeling that she never wanted to leave...

She wanted to stay in Kagami's arms forever.

That was the first time she ever had a friend - a boy that she happened to like very much - in her room.

. * . * . * . * . * . * . * .

"Ugh..."

"C'mon, Kagami-kun. You need to at least eat, you need a full stomach for the next test." Kuroko poked him lightly as they sat together in their classroom eating lunch.

"I don't think I did good at all." Kagami groaned again, his head hanging.

Kuroko tried to smile reassuringly. "You know that isn't true. We both did our best, remember?"

He looked up at her, still wearing a sullen look. "I guess so..." He turned completely around in his desk so he could lay his arms and head down on her desk to look up at her. "But those prompts were really stupid."

"Yes, they were. They didn't match at all..." Kuroko agreed as she looked at him, his hair was spiky but she also wanted to touch it... She reached a hand out and gently placed it in his hair, marveling at the softness as she rubbed more.

"That feels nice..." Kagami sighed, his eyes closing and Kuroko blushed.

"Kagami-kun's hair is soft..."

"Oh gosh!"

They both turned their heads at the loud exclamation to see Kise standing close to them.

"I did not know you two were having a, uh... couple-y moment. So sorry, please continue!" Kise remarked as he flitted away and the two blinked and looked back at each other.

Kagami rolled his eyes. "That's Kise for you."

"I hope he's not upset..."

"Nah, he'll get over it." Kagami stretched his arms out. "Oh man, I'll be looking forward to this Saturday! There's a special place I want to take you." He smiled at her.

"I look forward to it." Kuroko felt her chest warm as she smiled back at him. "But seriously Kagami-kun, you need to eat."

-

Exams passed and the weekend rolled in as students relaxed - well until test scores would be announced.

Kuroko and Kagami took Nigou with them on a leash as they went out on the town.

"I want to take you by there first and then we can go anywhere you want." Kagami told her, strangely excited as Kuroko followed him. Nigou kept up, trotting happily with his tongue hanging out and smelling all of the new smells. Kuroko couldn't resist taking a picture or two.

"Where are you taking us, Kagami-kun?" Kuroko laughed a bit as her and Nigou followed him deep into the park.

"Just a little more to go, it's here I promise!" Kagami assured as they came out to a clearing.

Kuroko gasped at the familiar sight. They kept walking until they were standing at a secret place that overlooked some of Tokyo. The evening skies shone different colors and hues and made everything that much more breathtaking.

It was familiar for Kuroko because she had found it years back and blogged about it, posting a picture and everything. But how could Kagami know about this...?

When she had posted it, Tiger-kun had been so impressed by it that it became his favorite place... and then became her favorite place. She still remembered what he told her that time too...

"You know..." Kagami spoke up, looking at the sky. "When people are alone, they let their sadness overwhelm them. But instead... when there's someone to lean on..." He turned to smile at her. "Then they can be much stronger."

Kuroko gasped as her eyes widened. Those words...

Shadow...

People are weak on their own, but when they have friends to lean on, and friends who are important to them, they can be much stronger. -Tiger Light

Tiger-kun...? It couldn't be... But just now, Kagami seemed like her Tiger-kun to her.

Kagami took a step closer to her, still smiling warmly. "I don't know if you realize it yet, but... I've known you for years now. Back when I lived in America and had no friends or parents to turn to, you were there."

Kuroko's heart picked up as her eyes prickled. Could this be happening right now?

Kagami wore a look of fondness as he continued, "At first I didn't want to comment on your blog, I just looked at the pictures you posted. But I remember... It was the picture you took of this spot, that made me post my first comment." His red eyes seemed slightly watery too. "When my parents were fussing and I had to completely change countries... You still remained, I could still go on your blog and talk with you. You... you became my Shadow. And I've waited so long to finally meet you."

Kuroko's lip trembled. "Tiger-kun!" And then she couldn't hold back anymore, she dove into his chest where he encased her in his strong arms. "It was you all along! You were my Light..."

Kagami just grinned and held her close. "I've always been here for you, just like you have for me."

Kuroko pulled back slightly to look up at him. "My Tiger-kun..." She touched his face with her hand, and he kept smiling.

"How about... 'Taiga-kun?'...Tetsumi?" he spoke and she flushed slightly at the first name usage.

"O-Okay... Taiga-kun." There, it wasn't so bad...

He lightly kissed her fingers. "Tetsumi."

Her face turned as red as his hair and he laughed.

"What? Does that embarrass you?" He leaned in so close that he nuzzled her blushing face.

"St-Stupid Bakagami..." She called him what she heard his teammates call him.

"Hey!" he shouted in outrage that was quietened when Kuroko quickly leaned to press their lips together and then pulled away just as fast, embarrassed.

Kagami blinked as he looked at her, completely shocked.

"H-How's that for being... Taiga-kun's girlfriend?"

Kagami grinned once more and brought her even closer. "So we're going out officially now? I can be Tetsumi's boyfriend?"

Kuroko didn't think she could blush any harder than she was, but she nodded. "Yes... so long as I can be y-yours."

Kagami's whole expression softened and he gently brought up a hand to frame the side of Kuroko's face. "Good. Then I'm yours too, my shadow."

And then he leaned their heads so they could properly share their first of many kisses together.

Everything became so warm and wonderfully bright to Kuroko, she found her Tiger Light.

. * . * . * . END . * . * . * . * .

Whoo~ And that marks the end to this short-story buuuuut... There will be a sequel. There were some scenes I didn't get to fit in here that I really wanted to. Also, I may do a Kagami's perspective of what went on during this. (If you guyz are interested)

The sequel name will probably be "you were there" - to keep up with the theme ^^

I had a lot of fun with this! It was something I've been wanting to write since December so thank you Rainee-chun for hosting this contest - if the voting process is still going on then please go vote for this and consider the cover for best cover in Cover Entries~! (Again, worked my butt off for it xP)

FOR THE KAGAKURO~~~ <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.7K 864 17
This story is about Tetsuya Kuroko falling in love with Seijuro Akashi. The captain vowed to himself that he's going to make Tetsuya fall in love wit...
13.6K 668 10
After going out for more than a year and a half, and actually living together for six months, the couple Kuroo and Kenma decide to come out to their...
22.3K 855 23
A young boy got his life taken away, leaving his parents with the life size doll that looks exactly like him as their only remembrance. Years later...
70.3K 1.9K 18
Tetsuya Kuroko has always been the type to be abused and be treated harshly by other people because of his feminine looks. When he finally had enough...