The Essence of Balencia

By the_ink_of_balencia

When my skin is not my own and the heart is tainted, there is still one thing that will always belong to me... More

I wish to smell heaven
He who reeks
The Water Surveillant
The Warriors in Dresses
The Blood for His Gain
I Heard The Weeping Willow
She Who Smiles
The Enternal Evanescent
The Psithurism
I Desire The Infiräd
She Who Destroyed
The Distribution
The Masked Ones
The Blighted Bay
I Ate The Lemon
He Burned Coal
The Lightening Illuminances
The Era of Zulumat
The Smokeless Fire
I Acended From The Dirt
She Stained The Ink
The Creator of All Things
The Birth of Balencia
The Mirage in The Desert
I Saw The Rafflesia
He Feasts blackened
The Dine and Dash
The Lips that Sealed Hers
The Veiled Samurai
I Held a Staff Similar
She Was The Flame Blade
The Clysmic Ocean
The Pandemonium
The Start to Ruler
I Voyage With or Without You
She Was Tamed by Illuminances
The Calling Eminence
The Obsidian Ignite
The Viridian Cure
I Ended The Alsaru
She Awakened
The Mountain Didn't Crumble
The Day of Reckoning
The Sea and In-between
I Am The Blacksmith Daughter
He is The Elevated Summit
The Comforting Musk
The Drink of Death
The Kingdom of Balencia
I Am The Queen
He Honoured The Flames
The Sisters of Yazzir
The Devil Queen and Khushboo
I Turned Destruction Into a Speck of Heaven
The Land of Daweyt (healed)

The Fire that Sparked It All

34 3 11
By the_ink_of_balencia

The oval shaped castle doors stood tall and strong. The gold chains surrounding them looked nothing less than a prison for the rich and lost. The intricate designs of silk woven into the hard wood creates all shapes and movements that could almost be hypnotising to stare at. Lalzari stood in front of them with an emptiness that has entered her heart.

"OMID!" Mareeb bellowed as he rushed to the tired girl's aid. He had been anxiously waiting for her and pacing throughout the room.

"The doors need changing" the weary vixen sighed, standing in a hope of despair with her eyes fixated on the hard wooden floors trying her best to not shed a tear. Her fidgeting fingers were enough to tell Mareeb that she was unwell.

"What happened, Omid?" the worried boy stated as he started pulling her towards the bathroom and began washing Husayrah's dry blood off her small cold hands. At that moment, the remembrance of Husayrah became too hard to hold that plump tears flew from Lalzari's eyes running down her face and blurring her sight.

"I met someone amazing and then - and then - a battle - and I killed him - and then - and - she died in my arms" the distraught damsel wept. Her body had become so tired and weak from the battle and the emotional turmoil that her fragile figure started to shake. Mareeb came up close behind her letting her lean on him.

"Omid.. The king wants to see you. But... Take a bath and change and I'll tell the king you'll come later" Mareeb said steadying the weakened warrior against the sink. Lalzari nodded with numbness knowing she couldn't afford to be weakened physically or mentally when the stakes are so high. Mareeb started undoing Lalzari's ankle chains that had left a deep mark causing the area to become red and inflamed. "Even with this outcome, the chains have given me strength" Lazari muttered to herself.

Mareeb left the room after running the water and as always Lalzari got undressed and washed herself. I guess it's tradition to take a warm shower after regaining my new level. I'm so tired....and the sad thing is, I can't afford to be. Lalzari told herself as she stepped into the flowing water letting it rain over her.

Side by side Mareeb and the refreshed Lalzari entered the king's royal room. The king was accompanied by his marshal, Talbazar. Lalzari had heard a lot about this Talbazar from Mareeb but seeing him up close was almost terrifying. His tall slender figure made his body almost look abnormally structured. He had a deep scar running down his mouth that scrunched up when he spoke. His smile was ever so creepy and eyes that were planning death. The king walked up to Lalzari with his sluggish hands and touched her damp hair pulling his face close and sniffing it.

"Oh my Lalzari you smell like bliss" the femme fetal forced out a smile only thinking about rushing back to her room for another shower. The king twirled his fingers through her hair letting his hands travel to her shoulders and run down her arms. Lalzari stiffened her body by the touch of a thousand men reminding her that her body isn't hers to keep.

"I have a gift for you, why don't you come to the back room and I'll show you" the sinister king uttered trailing his long slim hand down her dress and capturing her sleeve between his two fingers. Lalzari turned her head to look at Mareeb who was standing facing her with his small almond shaped eyes that had become enlarged with fear of what was behind those closed doors. Yet, he still walked over to the frightened damsel towering her from behind creating a shadow of protection.

As they walked into the back room, it was covered in a deep crimson hue making it almost impossible for the eyes to adjust. "A group of outsiders killed my men and we took revenge. We've captured a few of them here." The king said as he switched on the light and everything became clear. Some of the men and women from The Sirs were held captive, tied up and laid out like a full course meal. They had battle scars all over them and blood dripping from their displayed bodies.

"What do you want with them, master?" Lalzari questioned knowing the answer might be the furthest thing from what she wishes. One of the captivated boys had his eyes fixated on Lalzari, which evidently was making the nervous damsel sweat. Does he recognise me? Can't be...I was wearing Mareeb's shawl all the time expect.. for when I was with Husayrah and Zunaid.

"I want you to watch" the king stated disrupting Lalzari's thoughts and bringing her back to this chaotic moment. Her spine tightened and legs started to shake as if she had been running a marathon and now had used up all her energy. I can't mess up. Lalzari thought to herself as she tried to calm down and keep her composure.

"Talbazar. Do what you do best. But before you do, my sweetest most beautiful Lalzari... I want you to hug them all one by one" the cold hearted king demanded as he twirled around Lalzari. What sick game is this?

Moist brittle air penetrated Lalzari's lungs as she took a deep breath in holding it until she had walked over to the first captive and hugged her. Their bodies trembled as Lalzari touched them colliding with Lalzari's shaking figure. Every captive had eyes simply begging Lalzari to help them. And finally, she walked over to the young boy who was staring at her and fear could be seen so clearly in his big brown eyes. He might have been ten or eleven, not more than thirteen, knowing what's about to happen to him had put the poor soul in complete terror. Lalzari's slim arms wrap around the boys quivering body but before letting go she managed to whisper "I'm so sorry". As if those words even meant much to a young boy who would never see daylight again. Four steps back until Lalzari was under Mareeb's shadow again.

"Good girl" the king said stroking Lalzari's hair as if she was a pet that participated in one of his sick tricks. He signaled Talbazar, making him take a deep breath in. A sizzling sound overtook the room and Talbazar was surrounded by fire. "More magic?" Lalzari whispered to herself. I didn't know the castle had magic. And as fast as a lion after its prey the fire surrounded the captives and all that could be heard were soul-shirking screams. Lalzari flinched trying her best not to cover her eyes or ears.

The fire died down quickly and all that was left was burnt ashes and a deadly grin slapped on Talbazar's face. "That wasn't so hard to watch, was it my jewel?" The king taunted kneeling down to stare into the frightened Lalzari's eyes. He was checking for emotion or any trace of fear like a deer in headlights. I have to show him non of that exists within me.

"Hah...They deserved it" Lalzari pronounced with not a single shake in her voice. Mareeb stood with no emotion but inside was in complete shock of who he's towering over. Could the sweet, soft, vulnerable Lalzari ever say such a thing? The king on the other hand looked extremely proud of the answer from Lalzari's mouth.

"Death doesn't bother me master. Especially not those who have no value" the brave vixen continued as she watched the King's face light up like a new white light bulb.

"AHAHAHAHAHA! This is why you're my Lalzari!! You are exactly like I want you to be" the king said and came up behind Lalzari, making Mareeb step to the side, wrapping his arms around her and bringing his face close to Lalzari's. Digusting. Absolutely disgusting. Get away. You reek, the softhearted damsel chanted in her mind as she was reminded of her first day being bought by him.

Talbazar walked closer to the group reminding them all, he's there with his strong aura and wicked presence. "Where is your pendant?" Talbazar asked. Crap. He's smart. Talbazar saw right through Lalzari and her games.

"I-I took a shower and took it off" Lalzari panted being thankful the King was so close to her damp hair, making her statement very believable.

"Hmmm... You have a scratch on your face too oh miss princess. Seems like someone from the castle was fighting with these outcasts, know anything about it?" Talbazar taunted but before Lalzari had the chance to speak the king interrupted,

"Oh Talbazar don't be jealous. You'll still my marshal she's just like my daughter. You need to protect her not question her" a smile formed on Lalzari's lips as she realised her true power over the king, in that moment. What a fool. Talbazar had put himself in a bad position by questioning the King's perfect jewel, which made Lalzari wonder just how far she could possibly push the boundaries.

"Master... Riots are going to start happening. They all want your power and your kingdom. You need someone smart, no offense Talbazar, to keep an eye out. Someone loyal who doesn't fear death and loves the way you kill. Oh my master, I just love the way you kill....It's so...brutal" the outsmarted Lalzari said whilst circling the king playing with her hair, that he loved so much.

"Well, I do need a strategist" the fooled king replied. Quite ironic how he had captives yet had become captivated by the young Lalzari. She smiled at Talbazar now playing his game, and the shock on his face gave her pure pleasure. The climb for power was starting now and Lalzari's headed straight for the king's right hand.

"Me and Mareeb are going to rest for tonight. It's been hard watching Talbazar's face in fear" Lalzari teased as the King laughed loudly pointing at Talbazar, like a kid seeing a monkey at the zoo. Talbazar wanted to play dirty, but that way of life is something Lalzari is oh too familiar with.

As soon as the door closed behind Lalzari and Mareeb, the excited femme turned around "MAREEB! We've got a good position now! The king trusts me" Mareeb's excited face came next to Lazari as he took her hands.

"We need to celebrate, Omid" said the elated boy and Lalzari nodded enthusiastically.

"Yes yes. Let's have some good food. I'll tell you everything and then-"

"Actually... I was thinking Omid... Could I ask you for a favour as a celebration?" a sunken feeling suddenly overtook the once thrilled vixen as her excitement disappeared.

"Mmhmm, what is it Mareeb?" she asked. I can never be excited can I? Something always gets in the way. How stupid I am to be excited.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.1K 2K 50
The sequel to the interactive fanfiction, Your destiny, is available only on Wattpad. Once again, follow the cats of MountainClan, CaveClan, LakeCla...
293K 30.1K 50
several short stories something about love something about trust something about friendships
28.9M 916K 49
[BOOK ONE] [Completed] [Voted #1 Best Action Story in the 2019 Fiction Awards] Liam Luciano is one of the most feared men in all the world. At the yo...
896 120 5
Akshara Goenka feels ruined. Sitting back at a cafe, sipping on a drink, wiping off tears and having another mental breakdown. She is the country's g...