Silence in New York City (tmn...

By rubeyred

(Completed)Lilly Tara Connors is a 17 almost eighteen year old girl living in the big apple, New york city. H... More

The First Meeting
Where? Who? What? HUH!?
A New Day and New Friends
Some Good Times
Am I Important?
Coming Back
Getting Back To Normal
Something Fun and Something Interesting
Oh Hello!
Oh Boy
Will you please?!!!
A Little Cute And A Little Fluffy?
Okay
The Big Chappy!
Red Minx
For My Readers!!
Puh-Leeze /;)
Um Okay Now WHAT?!
Donnie Get's It
A Few Adjustments
Again?! Are You Freaking Serious!!
Catch Up Chappy (Not really needed but still good) Backstories!!!
Into the night

Sweetness?

3.9K 127 107
By rubeyred

(I just find this funny, Hey Maybe I should Add it in!!? Enjoy little Jewels!!)

Lilly pov

"Little flower if you are well and ready I can start training you."

"Really?! Like right now!!" He smiled and lead me to the dojo. We walked into the Japanese styled room, It was amazing! There were paintings that embellished the walls along with a few weapons. In the far back there were practice dummys and punching bags, with cabinets that held many other weapons. A very small table rested against a far wall away from any danger.

The floor had a huge mat laid down that had a few intricate designs that were fading with use. I looked up and saw many beams crisscrossing around most leading into the shadows. "Cool."

Master Splinter Chuckled, "Yes this room is 'cool'." He straightened ready for the time ahead, "Now for the beginning of your training, Do you do any activities such as exercise or a sport of some kind?"

 "Well I am a Dancer. . . Please don't tell my mom?!" Master Splinter chuckled, I smiled at my silly thought.

"This is good, this means that you already know how to balance and how to keep your center. Now all we need to do is build up your skills. Lilly I want you to take this peddle from here, " He signed and put the little grey rock on the ground by his feet, "Without getting hit, Ready? BEGIN!"

All I had was time to think, Wait?! What?! Before Master Splinters cane now staff was heading towards me. I jumped back and ran left, my body taking over I jumped over his tail aiming to trip me. Landing I saw his staff coming back in retaliation, I went immediately into a back bend.

Unfortunately I went to fast and did a flip instead, I stumbled before Master Splinters tail pushed me making me fall on my butt. "Good Little flower. That was very good, you were quick and agile. Your forms were weak but power will not come easy to, but your timing was impeccable. And you managed to get the pebble."

Surprised I looked to my hand and realized that when I had done the back bend I had snatched the rock up as well! "And by accident as well I see. This is good Lilly. We have much to do, now let's get to work." 

We had set up two dummy's across each other, with me in the middle. Master Splinter would hold up his right hand for the right dummy and left hand for the left dummy. It was hard to watch and move at the same time, but I got it down quickly enough!

He also taught me five basic punches and kicks. He would hold up the number of fingers to show me what he wanted me to do.

1 = Left hand punch

2 = Right hand punch

3 = Side kick

4 = High kick

5 = Sweep the legs

We had been doing this for two hours now, I had long ago taken off my shirt leaving me in a tight white tube top. My pants were rolled up, shoes and sock were replaced by practice tape. I wiped a drip of sweat that was tickling my nose. And watched Splinter from the corner of my eye.

Left Hand: 1-1-1-3-4

Right Hand: 2-1-2-4-5

Left Hand: 2-1-2-1-2-3-5

Right Hand: 3-3-3-4

Left Hand: 2-1-2-1-5- FINISH.

I collapsed on the my body pounding from the vigorous workout. I gasped, Trying to regain my breathe, and looked up to splinter from my seated position. "You did very good. And now the most important lesson a ninja must learn. . . Rest." 

I smiled, "Thank you. . ." I fell backwards and saw him smile as he walk out of there. After I had caught my breathe I went to put the dummy's away. I grunted as I shoved one of them to the corner, Man! These things are heavy! Move dang it!! I huffed as I had finally got it back to the corner with a finally shove.

I turned around and saw Raph leaning against the door frame smirking at me. I saw his eyes do a sweep and his smirked widened slightly. I puffed my cheeks and crossed my arms glaring, I ticked my head to the dummy. See if he likes moving those things!!

He rolled his eyes, went over to the dummy and PICKED IT UP!?!? It looked as if it didn't even faze him?!! He walked past me and set the dummy down, Raph turned and smirked when he saw my wide eyes. He looked to his bicep and flexed it, grinning deviously. Cocky little flirt.

I rolled my eyes and shoved him away, I went over to my clothes and dabbed away my sweat with a small towel splinter had given me. I pulled my shirt on and unrolled my pant legs, I kicked my left foot up on top of the table and put my sock and shoe on. I saw Raph watching me from the corner of my eye. HA! Two can play at this game.

I grinned slightly and then did all my movements slower, and lowered my leg and then lifted my right foot, I gently put my sock on my foot, then my shoe. I let my shirt slip even more off my shoulder. When that was done I stood straight and stretched my arms up, my back to Raph.

I whipped around and sticking my tongue out I pulled my eyelid down slightly. Startled Raphs' face went pink, I smiled and laughed. I just made Raph blush!! I pointed to his face a gave him a pity look, "Awww, Cute!" He huffed and turned away from me to set up a punching bag on a hook. I was still having a giggling fit as I walked out of the dojo.

Mikey was already playing video games, Leo and Splinter were talking and I couldn't see Donnie. I shrugged and went to play with Mikey when I was suddenly whipped around to see a plastron. I looked up to the tall turtle, Donnie was grinning widely. It suddenly clicked, "Glasses?" I signed glasses which looks like you're putting a pair on. He nodded and we both ran to the lab.

I sat on the wheelie chair as Donnie sat at his desk. He looked at me, then pointed to the clock and up. OH! when do I have to go, I held up six fingers. He nodded and grabbed the lenses but before he could put them on me, I clutched my nose and glared at them. Donnie just rolled his eyes and gently put them on my face.

I clicked the button and it flashed green, I gave Donnie a thumbs up, "Hi Lilly, Don't worry your nose isn't in any danger. is it translating correctly?"

"Yes." I said nodding, my own word going across the screen I smiled.

"Okay so I re calibrated the Vision sensitivity, so it should adjust better to the different lighting's. I fixed the timing as well but the lenses will only stay on for two hours before shutting off. But that's not an issue at the moment, right now I want to test the recording program. Could you turn around and hold up a hand when you see the words okay?"

I nodded and turned around waiting, 'Squeak' appeared as Donnie moved away. Nothing happened for a few minuets before, "Attacks the double bonds in the elastomers such as tires and rubber tubing, in the process known as ozonolysis, Which-" I stopped his sciencey rantings with the wave of my hand. I turned to see Donnie about ten feet away, happy and excited that his invention was working. I was getting excited too, his smile was contagious.

"Ready to try it out?!" I whooped and jumped up and out the door with Donnie right beside me .

"What's got yous both excited?" a little blinking arrow pointed to where Raph was. He frowned, "What's with them glasses? She's deaf not blind."

"These are called Sub-lenses they help Lilly to know what we are saying."

Raph raised and eyebrow and smirked, "Oh yeah? Then let's test em', jump in a circle Lilly." I did, "Stand on one foot." I did, Raph grinned, "Now beg." I snorted and bumped him as I went over to Leo and Master Splinter.

Raph turned to Donnie, "Nice one bro." I read as I left them.

Master Splinter was talking with Leo: "you have improve greatly in your training Leonardo, very good my son."

Leo beamed, "Thank you Sensei. . . Um Sensei why is Lilly wearing glasses?"

 "Lilly. Leonardo and I were wondering why you are wearing glasses?"

"They are called Sub-lenses, Donnie made them to help me know what you guys are saying! They make your words into subtitles!"

"Ah, Donatello has made these Sub-lenses to help Lilly read our words and understand what we are saying."

"Really?!" Even though Leo was asking Master Splinter I still said yes. "That's pretty cool!"

"YO, dudes why does L.T. have glasses on?" I turned to find Mikey had spoken.

"Don made them. They help her to know what we are saying." Leo Explain to his youngest brother.

Mikey looked at me and gave a cheeky grin, "Awesome!!"

"Yeah but how is she suppose to respond?" I saw Raph and Donnie Coming towards us, Kill Joy. I thought and stuck my tongue at him. The word laughter appeared and Leo put a hand on my shoulder, "I think she's got that covered."

Raph folded his arms, "I know that I'm not an Idiot." I shook my head and gave him a smile, to which he just rolled his eyes.

"Well If they work for the next two hours you can take them home Lilly!" I was nodding my head before he had even finished, he smiled. Mikey gripped my arms and bounced up and down, "In that case, come on Sissy we have two hours of gaming to do!! woohoo!!" I grinned and followed him to the couch. After the two hours of joking around and gaming, my glasses blinked blue and I had to click them back on.

I yawned, "You tired sissy?"

I smiled at the nickname, "yes."

"I can take you back now if you want to go?"

"Please." I stood up and went to the lab. I saw Donnie at his desk fiddling with a few tools, I knocked on the door making him look up. "Hey Lilly! you leaving?" I nodded and gave a shy smile pointing to the glasses, Don smiled, "Yeah you can take them, there yours anyways."

I jumped and ran over to him, delivering a crushing hug to the purple nerd. "Thanks Don!" I felt him chuckle, "It was my pleasure Lilly!" He said before I pulled away and waved good bye to him.

Mikey took me home, "Text you later Sissy!!" he said before leaping away and into the shadows. I smiled and went to sleep.

(~_^)

The next two weeks went by quickly, I went over to the guys place as much as I could. And when they went on patrol I stayed behind and trained with Master Splinter. I was also able to get some help from a speech therapist and according to everyone and the glasses I was getting good!

It was now May and that meant more homework. I was a Senior for crying out loud! But I still did it, or I was trying to do it! I glared out the window to the construction that was going on. The construction was so bouncy and was rattling everything!! I got up and gathered my things, I had to go somewhere else to do this. I growled and went out of my room.

"Bye mom I'm going over to a friends house to study." Mom stopped me before I could leave.

"When am I going to meet these friends of yours?"

"UH. . . I don't know. . ."

Mom smiled, "OH-I-See!"

"See What?"

"Is it a boy?"

"Well Technically four brothers and there father but yeah."

"Four boys?! I'm not sure how I feel about that. . ."

I smiled and patted her arm, "Don't worry mom it's not like that, We are all just good friends, in fact they call me sister!"

"Friends? uh huh sure Lilly." She said following me out the door.

"What's that suppose to mean?! Never mind I have to go study, Bye!!" I huffed and walked into the elevator.

Before it closed all the way mom signed, "Just remember that he has to ask me before he can marry you!!" I felt my cheeks flare up as she laughed. I shook my head free of those thoughts and headed to the lair.

I took my glasses out of my bag and walked into the lair, I walked in to see Raph watching T.V. and Mikey eating cereal. I smiled, "Mikey!! It's two! Breakfast was like four hours ago!"

Mikey's head shot up and ran over hugging me, "Librie! Yoth comettn earthlky!!" I laughed, the glasses could do a lot but when it came to food in the mouth they were helpless.

"Swallow then talk! Idiot." Raph snapped flipping through the channels.

"Well hello to you too Raph."

"Sup Lilly."

I rolled my eyes and turned to the jumpy Mikey, "Hey Mikey, I need a place to study, think I could use the kitchen?"

"Sure, but do you have to study now?!" He whined.

I sighed sadly and shook my head, "I must," I put a hand on my forehead acting dramatic, "The demons of high school, called teachers, say I must."

"I will wait until your dreaded mission is complete and then may we vanquish the many enemies in the gaming world!!" I fist bumped Mikey giggling.

"UGH!! You two are just oozing sap, it's sick!" Raph groaned.

"You're just jealous of me and Mikeys' Awesomeness!"

Mikey jumped and pointed a finger at his brother, "OOOOH BURN BRO!!"

I smiled and left them there to bicker, I was already done with everything but math. After a while I got most of it done and now only had a few problems left. I got stuck on a one of the three story problems and just could not get it! I grunted, then felt some one behind me, I turned and was met with the chest plate of Donatello, "HI!?"

"34, that's the answer."

"Hey your not suppose to tell me." I said smiling and wrote it down.

The word chuckle appeared, "And yet you write it down anyways."

Hey I'll accept any and all help!" I gave him a smile as he was making a lunch. The next problem was the second to last story problem, 'Tim sells pottery for 50.00 each. He then sells 40 of them-'

"250.00 dollars a month."

"Donnie! I didn't even get to read it!" I chuckled and wrote it down.

"By the way the next one is 10 feet." I turned and saw him leave with a bagel in his mouth coffee and another bagel in his hands, "THANKS DONNIE!!"

Finally I was done! I put all of my stuff away and ran over to were Mikey was playing 'Halo' (I don't own Halo!!) I jumped over the couch and landed next to him, "GO MIKEY!!" I yelled cheering him on.

Mikey grinned, "Die Red Team!!" He threw a grenade and won the game. "WooHoo!! Shell Yeah!!" He jumped up and started to do a victory dance, I laughed and cheered him on before giving him a high five/ high three! I cheered him on as he played a few more games, when suddenly he paused the game and looked behind us.

I turned and saw everyone gathered around April and Casey. I got up and went over to them with Mikey. "We have ta tell her ta stay away and ta stay home. It ain't safe no more!" Raph was saying. "I agree with Raph for once, If she leaves it might be safer for her." Leo was saying, Donnie nodded in agreement, "She may be good but she's not ready for a fight yet. Will you two be good?" April nodded her head,"Yeah me and Case will be at my aunts apartment. But I do agree with you guys about Lilly."

Hurt shown in my eyes, they wanted me to leave?! "What did I do wrong? Why do you want me to leave?" They all turned to me, Leo took a step forward and I took one back.

Mikey put an arm around me holding me close. "You didn't do anything Lilly. But for the next little while it would be best if you were around us."

"Yeah but why?!"

Leo sighed, "Because Shreddar is back." Beside me Mikey stiffened and went ridged.

"Who's Shred-dar?"

 (Oh btw this whole story takes place after the Show Down with shreddar and the main Kraang Invasion. There are still Kraang and The Shreddar isn't Dead Yet, but mostly. Karai Is the One that is Kind of in Charge of the Foot clan now! Okay back to the story!!)

"Shreddar is our archenemy, He. . ." Leo took a breathe and stood taller hiding all emotion away, but I could still see the fear behind his eyes. The eyes that were so strong now looked weak and hurt. "He is a dangerous man and wants nothing more then to see us destroyed. And he will do it by any means necessary, especially through those who are close to us."

Mikeys' arm tightened protectively, I looked up and saw that he had a murderous look on his usual sweet face, "We won't let him near her!"

Raph stepped forward and put a hand on his brother, "We won't!" Raph glanced at me then away.

Donnie spoke up then, "If we want her safe then she must leave, until he is defeated." Everyone started nodding, "Maybe he doesn't know about her yet, but he does know about April and Casey, So you two have to be very careful!" Everyone nodded again.

I shook my head, "Wait? What?!! Not come back to the lair?! You guys are kicking me out?!"

Mikey looked down at me, "Sorry sissy but, If this is what will keep you safe then. . ."

I stared at them all, my only friends in the entire world, that treated me like an equal, were kicking me out! Why should I expect anything less, this always happened to me, people with there broken promises and there black hearts that just played with me. Like I was some TOY for their amusement!! I felt hot tears come to my eyes, "Fine, If this is how you all feel, then I'll just leave you alone, I'm sorry I'm such a problem!" I yanked myself away from their huddle and snatched my bag, "Good bye, guys." I whispered the last part and ran out of there.

I ran into my room, Mom wasn't there that was okay I didn't want her to see me like this anyways. I paced my room and signed to myself, "Of course they wouldn't want me there! I should've realized ear lier that they didn't want me there!! I was just a problem to them! good job Lilly you really screwed up this time! Even after the guys take care of what's his face they won't come back for you." I frowned at the thought and sat down, "They probably just felt pity on the small deaf girl." I laid my head on my pillow I started to cry, "I shouldn't get so upset over this, it always happens when people get closer to me. I wish I wasn't so. . . I wish I wasn't a lot of things." I broke down and sobbed myself to sleep.

(~_^)

Raph pov

I waited until everyone was busy and ran out of the lair. I made it to Lillys roof top and peered inside the room. She was sitting on her bed when suddenly she broke down and cried. I felt bad for doing this, but If this is what was best. . . I stayed there until she was asleep, I carefully opened the window and pulled her blankets over her.

Lilly was always strong not physically but mentally and emotionally. She was always more worried for others then her own person. And she put up with us and didn't even act different around us, unlike April who took some getting use to. Lilly just jumped right in, maybe it's because she knows what it's like to be different. I snorted and shook my head, "Great when did I become such a sap?!" 

I watched her for a minuet, She was so strong and kind. She was my best friend. I never thought I'd have a human friend, who actually got me. I snorted, I never thought I'd have a girl friend. "Girlfriend?" My face heated slightly. I quickly brushed it off and headed out the window. I looked back at her tear streaked face, "Please forgive us." and then I was off and back into the shadows.

(Yeah another Chappy done!!! Tell Me how Im doing, Hope you guys are having as much fun as me!! *Snicker* ha-ha-ha Raph!!! Bye Bye little Jewels!!)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.6K 51 15
you're a teen who moved to New York city. you hated the place, an okay school, and barely made any new friends. until you meet the turtles of course...
4.4K 87 11
(Hey, just so everyone knows, this story is officially discontinued on my account, but @PlutisWolf asked to rewrite it on theirs, which I agreed to...
5.8K 121 5
After being blown off by Leo for the third time in a row, you finally snap. - In other words- an angsty short-story that includes two alternate endin...
3.8K 96 20
What would happen if the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles weren't the only ones?, What if there were females out there just like them, and what happens w...