Uninterested?

By FinalSlasher

-This is an x Reader fan fic- Mr. And Mrs. Fontaine we're once so rich and successful business owners before... More

-KEY AND CHARACTERS-
Prolouge
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
CH.6
A/N 2

Chapter 7

119 6 1
By FinalSlasher

A/N: sorry i took so long, i wrote this in a few hours so sorry if it's a bit janky! all and any feed back or comments is appreciated! Enjoy reading~!

Mark sighed as he lazed around in a plush leather office chair, the voice of his employees droned on, the branch managers needed to host some sort of conference much to his dismay. Mark discarded his phone on the table as he sunk deeper into the chair, an annoyed scowl finding it's way on his beak. He hated 'Busy' days, which for him are usually just him getting bored with 'necessary meetings' and the like. He turned his head to look out of the big glass pane out onto the rooftops of Duckberg, it was a rather lovely day, sunny with a soft breeze that rustled the trees outside gently causing a few loose leaves to swirl and flutter by. Man, would he like to be home right now?

He slumped forward, cheek resting on his fist, unaware that some of his employees were gawking at him for being off the phone for longer than 5 minutes. He couldn't help it, at the moment his mind was elsewhere, another world so to speak. He close his eyes and saw (Y/n), oh sweet (Y/n), a smile crawled onto his face and his annoyed scowl softened into contempt as he thought of the past days, The first day they actually went and hung out, The time (y/n) found his old drawings from eons ago, all of that and more circled in his mind. His smile only grew wider as he then began to think about the future, never in a million years would you think Mark Beaks would be this genuinely soft for someone other than his tech but the thought of picnics and build-a-bird dates had his grey feathers fluffed and his parrot tail slightly twitching happily.

"Mr. Beaks what should we do?" a voice called to him, he didn't respond, he wanted to live in this little dream world for a little longer- "Mr. Beaks?" the voice got louder and he was now being physically poked. He snapped back into reality with a jump and his plumage rising like the hackles on a dog "what, whats going on?", Some of the others had to stifle a chuckle, the others were probably thinking something along the lines of 'how is this guy not fired' easy answer was he had no board of directors! The female McCaw in front of him cleared her throat into her fist, "I was just asking you what our next product plan is, Our sales are doing just as good as last year." He raised a brow "But...?" he inquired at the McCaw's pause.

She shied away slightly "Most of us here think that it's been a bit too long without some sort of new product, or model of an existing one." he sighed and dropped the hand that was holding his head to tap on the table in thought, He had been busy with everything in the past few weeks that he forgot that they had missed the time stamp that they would usually release a new smartphone or laptop. "Sir?" the McCaw asked once again in a soft tone, "Drawing tablets" was all that flew from his mouth before he stood up and began to collect his things. "Pardon?" asked the colorful parrot, utter confusion in her voice at the random suggestion. "You heard me, get the research team to pull a line together." He combed through his plumage with a random comb he produced from his back pocket, 'that way I can get 'y/n' a new one, a personalized one too, and not have to deal with the hassle of the other companies and their reliability.' he thought before beginning to leave the conference room.

The room was a little bit shocked but hey it was something, something new, which would attract new customers, and hopefully more sales. "W- wait! Mr. Beaks we still have to discuss details.", Mark paused at the door frame of the room, his hand tightly gripping the push bar. "We will have another meeting this Friday." she blinked "sir it is Friday-", "PEACE," he said with his chest while throwing up the peace sign and skedaddling out of the stuffy room and to the elevators leaving his peers in confusion yet again. He was alone in the elevator, his back pressed against the cool aluminum of the back wall. His eyes didn't leave the counter until it was his stop in which he walked out and clocked out.

He was actually happy to leave the busy building for once, he looked to the hoverboard cubbies just to his left and shook his head "I think ill walk today." with that claim he left the hoverboard in it's locked compartment and took his sweet time strolling down the city sidewalks. He eventually got bored and pulled his phone back out, he had about a million different types of pings and notifications each day but today he wasn't interested in the attention of the press as he began to type out a message to the contact labeled, 'Fiance' with a photo of (y/n) falling off the couch.

'Hey, im on my way home.'

It wasn't long till a soft ping reached his ears.

'Okay, get home safe polly'

How he had a love-hate relationship with that stupid nickname, (y/n) began calling him that when he got caught sneaking saltines at 4 am one a Tuesday. He pocketed his phone once more with a roll of his eyes, he was just about to turn the street that leads him back to home when he noticed a pink and white brick building that had a lavender and white striped awning. The sign read 'Minnie's flower emporium.' and outside were large carts filled with all sorts of bouquets, He didn't know what propelled him to walk into that shop but he did.

The little shop was quiet, "I'll be right with you!' called a sweet high pitched voice. He didn't respond, just kept looking at the coolers that held beautiful and intricate floral designs. His head swiftly turned when he heard the click of heels against linoleum, and a mouse appeared. "Sorry if i made you wait!" she called fixing her bow so it sat neatly on her head, "What can i help you with?" she asked sweetly with a closed eye smile. Mark slowly approached the counter, " How much would a large arrangement cost, and would you be able to do it by sometime today?".

The mouse blinked a bit taken back by the time frame but she smiled " A large arrangement costs one hundred and fourteen dollars plus tax." Mark took out his card "Perfect, How soon would you have it done by?" he watched as the lady calculated how long it would take in her mind, her mouse tail swishing inquisitively. "Hmm, well it depends on what type of flowers you want really, im running low on some due to the season so i can't do petunias, marigolds or anything bloomed in spring and summer." Mark just nodded "I just need some red roses if you got them, oh and maybe some (Y/f/f) if you have any in stock." The mouse smiled "I can do that just fine! Well then I'd say give me twenty minutes and ill have your order ready!. Mark tapped his card against the smart tablets tap to pay add on to finalize his order, "alrighty then see you in twenty minutos miss." he just proceeded to wait outside for the next twenty plus minutes,

Mark finally arrived home with the large arrangement of red roses and (Y/f/f) tucked gently but securely in his arm allowing him some freedom to fidget with his keys. He gently kicked the front door open, "(Y/n) im home!" He called as he shut the door with the sam foot he used to open it. He cocked a brow at the sound of cheer and laughter, he made his way to the living room to see (y/n) and some peacock sitting on his love seat. "Oh hey Polly! Where have you been?" (Y/n) giggled standing up to greet Mark.

The vice grip of the green monster, envy, took a hold of his ankle and began to try and pull him down. "Just getting my fiance a little something." he passive-aggressively growled through gritted teeth as he showed the wonderful bouquet to (y/n). (Y/n) blinked and blushed, taking the glass vase filled with pretty fora from Mark and setting it on the table, "It's beautiful mark thank you!" before (Y/n) could go in to give mark a hug, or even a handshake, a cough stopped them in their tracks, "Oh! Mark this is Antonio, he's an old friend from college." the peacock stood up, quite clearly towering over Mark, and offered the parrot his hand to shake.

Mark begrudgingly grabbed it, as if he was picking up hot steamy dog shit, "It's so nice to meet you finally Mr.Beaks, (Y/n) has told me so much about you." Mark had a forced smile plastered on his beak as he let go of Antonio's hand, wiping his palm on how own shirt "Oh have they now? Thats wonderful, this is the first im hearing of you.". "Come sit down! I would love to get to know you more!" he called as he took back his place on the loveseat next to (Y/n), 'Trust me buddy, the feeling isnt mutual.' he growled in his mind as his eyes narrowed.

Noon turned into evening and the evening turned into night, And as the hours ticked by Mark only began to look angrier and angrier for a person who is usually trying his best to buddy everyone. (Y/n) and Antonio were laughing at another inside joke, their face lit up with pure joy and humor as they gripped their gut. "And then Mr. Fontaine, Dove into the fountain to save your mother despite it being only an inch deep!" Antonio recalled causing more giggles to leave (Y/n)'s belly, they took deep breaths to calm down, "Man those days were good." (Y/n) recalled as they wiped some tears from their eyes, "So Mr.Beaks what about you? Surely you have good memories of school too." Antonio asked only to be met with heavy, malice-laced silence which turned the whole room awkward.

"Mark.." sighed (Y/n) a bit annoyed at his behavior, it had been like this most of the night, every time Antonio asked Mark a question he was ignored until (Y/n) said or asked him something. This time Mark didn't budge and his plumage began to spike as he only furrowed his brows even more. It stayed awkward for a bit longer before Antonio stood up holding his phone, "Ah, sorry (Y/n) but I have to go, Mama needs help with my little brothers tonight." (Y/n) stood up as well "No need to applogize Toni!" 'Nicknames, they gave HIM a nickname?! Where's my nickname?!?' Mark thought as his blood boiled.

(Y/n) began to walk Antonio to the door "It was nice meeting you man." Antonio said with an awkward smile as he patted the seething parrot's shoulder. (Y/n) and Antonio wrapped up at the door, exchanging soft goodbyes and other details mark ignored. (Y/n) marched back into the silent room, hand's on their hips, "What the hell was that about." they asked, anger in their voice and their brows furrowed as they burned holes into the side of Mark's head. Mark stared ahead at the expensive bouquet he purchased earlier in the day, ignoring his fiance to the best of his abilities. "Answer me." (Y/n) demanded sitting back on the loveseat across from him, staring into his eyes. Mark eventually met (Y/n)'s eyes and a pang of guilt flashed into him causing his eyes to soften for a moment as he took note of how upset (Y/n) was. "I just didn't like him." He replied nonchalantly, "So you had to be rude to him?" (Y/n) was baffled, "Mark I know it's more than that but frankly if you're gonna be a big baby about this then I'm going to bed." (Y/n) huffed standing up about to storm upstairs before mark grabbed their wrist in desperation.

(Y/n) raised a brow looking back at Mark, he was shaking, "what." stated (Y/n) monotonously. "I just dont get it." He croaked out in a strained voice as if he wasnt trying to cry or meltdown, his head hung low so (Y/n) couldnt tell how he was feeling at the current moment. "Get what?" (Y/n) pressed further, trying to get him to speak to hopefully avoid a meltdown. "Why do you need someone else in your life?" he hiccuped and sniffed before looking up with large, glossy tear-filled eyes "arent i good enough?" he cried before beginning to sob and shake violently.

Mommy issues, (Y/n) was taken aback by seeing mark sob and cry but quickly took a seat next to the parrot and grabbed his hands, "Of course you are!" (Y/n) gently explained, Mark crawled into them hiding his face in their chest. "But I'm allowed to have friends too, But just because I have friends doesn't mean you're not enough all of a sudden!" (Y/n) continued to soothe the sobbing CEO, stroking his hair gently until his sobs subdued enough for him to look up at them.

Mark looked pathetic, wide-eyed as he gripped onto (Y/n)'s dampened shirt. "Really?" he asked through sniffles as he used an arm to wipe snot and tears off his face, "Yes love, really.", Mark's eyes widened at the pet name 'love, im their love.' he thought dreamily despite still being in trouble. "Did it just scare you that i had someone else over without your knowledge?" (Y/n) asked cocking their head curiously at Mark, Mark sat up a bit moving his hand from their shirt to their hand, "Yeah i guess." he didn't know the exact reason he acted out, just that in that moment he had the possibility of being abandoned once agin, unloved, unwanted.

(Y/n) sighed an amused smile coming onto their face as their brows furrowed upwards, " You're silly, Mark even if i was forced into this 'arrangement' I'm not gonna leave or abandon you." Mark sat straight up and gawked "really?" (Y/n) nodded "Plus were already in to deep with all of this, might as well make the most of it." (Y/n) chuckled which made a bittersweet tingle fill Mark's spine as he let out a half-hearted chuckle "yeah i guess you're right.". Silence Fell over them, Mark caressed (Y/n)'s knuckles as his eyes made his way back to the vase of flowers, the roses as red as his puffy eyes.

"Can i stay with you tonight?" it was an abrupt question, "Huh?" (Y/n) blinked in shock as Mark squeezed their hand a bit. "Can i? At least for tonight? I don't wanna be alone." A soft sigh left (Y/n) and they pulled him up from the couch "Okay, come on Polly." Mark huffed, how he hated that nickname but loved it just the same.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

81.4K 1.3K 31
Some fluffy short stories between Markiplier and you! If you don't know who Markiplier is...then you need to get a life. ( ̄ω ̄;) (Btw i do NOT own any...
3K 154 12
Googleiplier x Reader ---- "Hey, (F/N)." "Yes?" "Can I ask you something?" "Go for it." I waited for him to ask me, and I noticed his fingers twitch...
2.7K 116 18
Book Four!!!! Now that Bradford is out of the way, we can focus on the important things in life. You know like friends, family, and fifty thousand ye...
50.2K 992 24
Even though it has some lemons doesn't mean I'm gonna do a lot more of it and this is a Ducktales fanfiction about the reader that has married the du...