The Mark of the Moon

Door LittlePumpkinWriter

The Mona Empire has lived an era of peace and harmony until Krian, a girl gifted to summon Death, comes into... Meer

Introduction
Writer's Note
| Copyright |©
1 | The Pack Oracle Sees Flowers Falling
2 | To Protect The Child You Love
3 | Life With Predators
4 | The Pack War and the Gray Wolf
6 | How to be Human?
7 | The Manifestation of Curses
8 | The New World
9 | House of Knowledge
10 | The First Pillar
Writer's Note
11 | The Desolation of Rouges
12 | Vampir Ultimatum
13 | Royal Curse
14 | Feast of the Crimson Prince
15 | Taste of the Future
16 | The Guardian of the Walls
17 | Cross Paths
18 | The Mermaid in Elision
19 | The Princess Charming
20 | Home of Silverette
21 | Confrontations of Bloodlines
22 | Honey-Colored Gem
23 | She Who Calls Demons
24 | The Source of Power
25 | The Wrath of Sorrows
26 | King of Jewels

5 | A Glimpse of True Power

27 2 0
Door LittlePumpkinWriter

5 | A Glimpse of True Power

SHOW HIM

Sveinn's POV

 Shit! What the fuck did I just get into?

My subconscious was telling me this was a bad idea but then my wolf and I knew we are better off without them.

I was running away from my pack carrying a violet- eyed baby, a two- million dollar check and bundles of thousands of króna in my backpack. This was crazy! I was running away with a bag full of cash, baby stuff and a cursed child in my arms!

Who the hell was in their right mind to agree to do this? Yeah! Me! Is this what I dreamt to do? Not even envisioned it. Do I like this? Hell yes!

I have suffered enough in that pack treating me like I'm a freaking slave. This was my chance of getting away from them and I had grabbed the opportunity the moment it was open so here I was. The wind blew against my face as I dashed through the woods, twigs snapping, branches and leaves brushing against my skin. The howls of werewolves gave me more motivation to escape this territory. I was done with this shithole of a pack anyway. Everyone acted happy and in peace when I saw how sick Alpha Armann would be in closed doors. I was careful not to trip or hurt the baby dodging branches, rocks and other obstacles in the way. Sweat trickled down my face and body stinging the scratches I have gained due to the sharp branches lashing against me as I ran. However, that pain was tolerable seeing how close I was to my goal which was to ride the helicopter and get the hell out of here. Getting closer to the clearing, I can hear loud whooshing sounds at a very fast tempo and the roaring engine of the helicopter nearby. A shiny black helicopter came into my view the moment I was out of the forest. A man in black was waving at me, yelling at me to run faster. I checked the baby in my arms and she's sleeping peacefully.

That was strange. Shouldn't she react to anything disturbing her? Is she deaf?

"Come on! Let's go!" He shouted before barking orders to the microphone attached to his headphones. The baby stirred awake and began to cry. I pulled her in my arms protecting her from the sounds and wind created by the copter. The man put headphones to her ears and then did the same to me.

"Go now. They are looking for the baby!" He ordered before he helped me get in the transport. I hushed the baby trying to quiet her down for someone might hear us.

"Let's go go go!" He shouted before the helicopter began to take off. I just stared down, looking at the window while the ground went farther and farther away from us. My heart was beating so loud it was fighting against the sounds of the helicopter engine in my ears.

"Incoming!" The man shouted, grabbing a gun.

"Woah! Woah!" I moved away from the now armed man who started shooting below. I can hear werewolves growling and some wincing.

"You're not going to get away, Sveinn! Everyone who's an accomplice to that cursed family will die! You hear me!? You're going to die!" I heard Alpha Armann threaten with a growl before the helicopter was tipped off to the side, swinging us to an added weight hanging onto the helicopter.

"Hold on!" The pilots yelled holding on to their joysticks trying really hard to balance the aircraft and not to go down into a fatal crash. I looked at the baby I was carrying and she was looking at the man protecting us. She reached out to her and the man backed off, fear evident in his eyes.

"What is she doing?" He panicked looking at the baby in my arms trying to reach him. I rocked the baby trying to distract her from whatever she's trying to accomplish. She started to struggle in my arms as I held her tighter but still in a gentle way not wanting to crush her.

"Why is she reaching out to me? Make her stop!" He ordered me in fear of the baby with the prophecy of death. He was distracted at Krian but he managed to shoot one werewolf who tried to come in the copter. The sound of a whine and claws scraping the metal bars of the copter was heard before I felt a weight being lifted off. The brown werewolf fell off the helicopter with a loud cry of pain. I was relieved for a second before we heard the loud snarl of the Alpha.

"Go higher!" The captain barked an order then we began to ascend higher in the air. Our altitude could have assured us that we're safe now from that psycho of an Alpha but then panic rose up seeing that the alpha had managed to jump and cling on to the copter.

"Holy shit! Look out!" I cried, gluing my body against the corner of the heli. I began to clutch Krian tighter to me, scared that I will fail to protect the one thing I was entrusted of.

The Moon Goddess will punish me if something bad happens to her.

Alpha Armann clawed his way inside the aircraft. Sharp claws gripped and cracked the floor of the helicopter, the sounds giving warning that soon I would be the one with broken bones. The man beside me loaded his gun with a silver bullet and pointed it to the Alpha. Krian began to cry so loud and the Alpha growled at her, a nasty snarl on him. His glowing blue eyes burned into us and if looks could kill, I could have been lying here dead.

While our guard and I had glowered at the Alpha with his eyes dead set on the baby in my arms, Krian held her hand up to the Alpha. I noticed it and so did the Alpha. I saw the frightened look on his face.

He is afraid of her. He's afraid of what Krian could do. With the newly acquired information, I changed the line of attack.

"Hey kid! What are you doing?" Our guard growled at me, his hand pushing against my shoulder to stop me.

"You are afraid of her." I taunted the alpha. The intense look my former leader in front of us cracked for a second before returning into his deadly expression of his.

"You are. You are not doing this to protect the pack. You are afraid that this child will ruin you. You are afraid that she will overpower you one day." He growled at me in a menacing way. I was right. Who was in their right mind to oppose the Moon Goddess, anyway? No one but him. He knew something before the prophecy even began. I could smell the foul odor of fear in him. He was afraid of this child.

"The Moon Goddess said she will bring death. Look what happened to the pack. Some of my pack members are dead because of her." He spat out pointing his sharp claws to the baby in my hand. Krian hummed looking at the Alpha tilting her head slightly from side to side. She continued to reach out to him and I felt that she's just curious about the bloody, hairy dude kneeling in front of her.

"But she can't speak." I defended and he snarled.

"I don't want to wait." His deep voice rumbled.

"You are thinking of that possibility, aren't you? That one day, the Moon will make her a leader." I began rambling nonsense trying to piss him off and to buy us some time. I could see the royal guard behind him ready to attack the moment an opening came up. The Alpha stalked towards us in the small space and the guard pointed the gun directly to his chest. Alpha Armann looked at him challenging him and nothing happened. Or nothing happened until the backed up towards us and I was side to side with the guard. Krian touched the guard with her tiny hand, cooing. The guard drew in a deep breath before I saw his eyes turn dark. He aimed at the alpha more determined this time and without hesitation, he pulled the trigger and the thick- headed alpha fell limp on the floor lifeless. His blood began to pool on the floor and everyone went still.

What just happened?

"What the fuck did you do, man?! You killed the alpha! Shit!" The co- captain cursed looking towards us over his shoulder.

"I-I..." The guard dropped his gun retreating backwards and slumped at the corner still processing what had happened. I was frozen in my spot thinking what just happened. This child.... She's really something else. I looked at her and she was looking at me with her eyes furrowed. Then, she started crying again. I rocked her and shushed her while searching for her bottle in the bag under the seats.

"You just killed Ancient Howler's Alpha! What were you thinking?!" The captain spoke angrily. While the captain scolded the guard who was just doing his duty, I bottle- fed Krian and she stopped and now she's doing this baby humming sounds.

"I- I realized that he deserved it. He's going to kill us all, Fred! What could I have done more? He's more powerful than us!" The guard reasoned out and he made a point. He looked at Krian with curiosity. No... more than that. It was deeper than knowing she was capable of but I couldn't put a finger in it. It felt strange not knowing or even smelling any emotion from him. It looked like he was suppressing it. Then he looked at me with knowing eyes. He knew that I knew what happened back here. Krian made him kill the alpha.

Follow me here and on my social media accounts! Let's vibe!

Twitter and Instagram: notsolilpumpkin

Tiktok: littlepumpkinwriter

Facebook: Lei LittlePumpkinWriter

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

81.4K 2.7K 51
"I'll ruin you till there's nothing left to give." Every member of the lupine Realm lost his sanity after few centuries of living without a mate. Kin...
434K 11K 46
The powerful almighty Alpha Maximums Black and his wolf Ares have been looking for their mate for nearly nine years, and the Alpha was ready to give...
1.8M 81.1K 47
At 19, life has given Aislinn Nox many things, most of them she never wanted. Like dead parents at the age of six. Scars. A slaughtered pack. Night...
50.8K 2.1K 33
"Don't lose hope Isabella, and I won't lose you" **** Ever since her mother died, her father has abused her. She thought she was saved when she met...