𝐄𝐑𝐑𝐎𝐑 | 𝘰𝘩 𝘴𝘦𝘩𝘶𝘯

By ziniscrib

↝ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴀᴄᴛ ɪɪ "I'm sorry, the number you have dialed is unattended. Please try again later." started: 101922... More

p r o l o g u e
↣ chapter one
↣ chapter two
↣ chapter three
↣ chapter four
↣ chapter five
↣ chapter six
↣ chapter eight
↣ chapter nine
↣ chapter ten
↣ chapter eleven
↣ chapter twelve
↣ chapter thirteen
↣ chapter fourteen
↣ chapter fifteen
↣ chapter sixteen
↣ chapter seventeen
whatchu doin, where you at
↣ chapter eighteen
↣ chapter nineteen
↣ chapter twenty
↣ chapter twenty-one
↣ chapter twenty-two
honestly

↣ chapter seven

184 15 5
By ziniscrib

Came Tuesday and they still haven't talked seriously unless it was for work. Heejung didn't sweat over it that much, setting it aside as Hangyul didn't show any interest in any direction their supposed talk might have led to. It kind of hurt her though. Because it shows as if he doesn't give as much importance to an agreement. Maybe they weren't that important to him.

They treated each other civil. It was not at all assuring, but it was better than having cold shoulders for each other.

Other than Hangyul forgetting their supposed talk, Heejung had become occupied with work as soon as the producers got more comfortable with each other.

On the first week in the camp, they spent their time familiarizing with each producers' sound and style. Everyone adapted a thing or two from each other, which Heejung was so glad to be a part of. The energy was not that much of a difference to when she was still in university, but everytime the songwriters gather, it's as if the room receives a higher tension.

And it helps pump the pressure and inspiration.

"This is sounding pretty dope, actually." Jiyoon bobbed her head to the beat that resounded from the speakers, her gaze casted on the two big monitors that displayed the very organized track Heejung made.

"I still have to let Sangjun Oppa hear this though. He'll tell if it has any loose thread," Heejung replied, pursing her lips after as she tapped the space bar to pause the track before it hits the second verse.

"Was that your voice?" Jiyoon adjusted her position on the swivel chair, and pulled it closer to the table, eyeing the slight changes the latter was making.

Heejung hummed, refocusing on the screen whilst Jiyoon's brows raised in surprise.

"Heol. No wonder you were an SM trainee."

Heejung lowly chuckled, finding the comment ridiculous.

"I'm so excited for this song. You have to take me as your lyricist. I actually have a few lines in mind already."

Heejung turned to the older. "Why don't we give it a go before I complete it?"

"It's better if Sangjun checks this out first."

The younger crinkled her nose at this, realizing Jiyoon had a point. "You're right. I should finish this up." She pivoted back to the screen and tried out new elements to add for the second verse.

"Do you have any artist in mind to sing this?"

"I do, actually. Since the experimental side of it is a bit prominent, I'm thinking whether Shinee, Red Velvet, EXO or NCT."

"You know SM is all about that experimental stuff."

"True. But this one's not that hardcore. So maybe, Red Velvet? They did 'Peek-A-Boo,' right?"

"Yeah, but this kinda feels more like NCT U's Baby Don't Stop."

"Oh, you're right! It does have the vibe."

After finalizing the tracks from the first verse up to the second verse, Heejung sent the first sample to a senior producer, Sangjun. Then, she and Jiyoon decided to go and grab some dinner together in the kitchen.

Voices and pitter-patter of plates and kitchen untensils echoed through the house as the two girls made their way down the stairs.

"Everyone must've gotten hungry," Heejung snickered, and they both quickened their pace as the smell of ramen ran under their noses.

"Why didn't you call us!" Jiyoon's high-pitched, stern voice boomed, causing the people in the dining area to turn their heads towards her.

"You didn't read the group chat, did you?" Sangjun raised a brow, flaunting an unamused countenance as he sat by the counter table of the open kitchen. There weren't any walls barricading it to the living room, making the area more accessible and wider.

"Oh, you called us?" Jiyoon's voice immediately softened as she giggled, shoulders lifting, sending an apologetic smile towards everyone with a slight bow to which Heejung cackled at, shaking her head at Jiyoon's silliness.

"Stop putting your phone on Do Not Disturb, for heaven's sake." Areum, another senior producer, exclaimed. She's also a close friend of Jiyoon.

"It always rings and the notifications annoy me!"

"Ugh." Areum rolled her eyes, exhausted of Jiyoon's reasons that doesn't seem to run out.

The just-arrived pair head to the wide table where two pots of ramen were placed, including some fishcake and tteokbokki. The girls inhaled its inviting, delectable smell that had their mouths watering.

Some of the campers were seated by the table, whilst the others chose to sit on the vacant seats by the sliding door or the chairs by the kitchen counter.

Heejung went on getting herself a bowl, glancing at Sangjun who was busy minding his own business as she scooped herself some noodles. Jiyoon was doing the same whilst her mouth was running on with her rants to Areum. After taking a decent amount of serving for herself, Heejung slid towards the senior producer she spotted, and sat quietly next to him.

Sangjun perked at her presence, his elbows resting on the table with the chopsticks in his right hand. "And what reason could you be here for?"

"I just want to eat with you is all." Heejung shrugged.

Sangjun rolled his eyes, not having the obvious lie. "What do you want?"

Heejung giggled. "Oppa, you have better musical ears than I do, and thus all knowing." Sangjun sneered at her exaggerating bluff.

"Get to the point."

"Could you check out the song I'm making?"  She immediately blurted out, pursing her lips together as she raised her hands that had her palms glued to one another to her lips, as if she's praying for the almighty.

"Knew it." He replied in a dragged manner.

"Hehe. I already sent it to you." Her eyes followed his every movements like a toddler convincing their mother to buy them ice cream in the middle of the night.

"Alright. I'll check it out later." He grabbed his plate and stood up to leave, leaving Heejung electrified.

"Yey!"

//

"Not bad."

"Wait, really?"

When Heejung wanted Sangjun to have her work checked out, she anticipated for an earful of recommendations of alternatives for it which he had done for the past days with the other artists who came to him for "consultation." This was not what she had in mind. Or perhaps she's getting a little ahead of herself.

"Yeah. It's new. It's unique."

Instead of happily moving on, she sent him a doubtful look to which he didn't react to. Sangjun can be formidable, especially due to his resting btch face, as well as his nonchalant personality. And though Heejung had somehow shared the same personality for some period and extension, his level was a lot more direful.

"But..."

"That's what I thought," Heejung mumbled, snapping her finger.

"I want to add more synth in the Chorus part."

"Y-Yeah? Should we try?"

The older turned his swivel chair to face the monitor in an instant, clicking away and playing with the MIDI laid on the side of the table. Heejung, already accustomed to his lack of reply and enthusiasm, in turn sat on the couch behind him, bringing out her phone for the meantime.

"You sure that's a good idea?" Jiyoon asked, glancing at the senior producer with doubt.

"I honestly don't know how that's gonna sound, but hey. You said SM's experimental, so his mindset is not that far off."

Jiyoon winced at the younger's reply, shaking her head disapprovingly. They both jolted in shock when the speakers boomed loudly it almost broke the glass door.

"Sorry." They heard Sangjun mumble, sounding a bit embarrassed.

As the song played out and the chorus came, Heejung and Jiyoon turned to each other with an unexplainable look on their faces.

"Uh..."

//

A session of mic checks. Tracks organized to each member. Controls at reach. Comfortable puffy socks. Fluffy stuffed panda. A cup of coffee. And the girl seated in the middle of it all.

"Are we all set?"

"Yep!"

"Alrighty, we'll start with your part in the first verse."

"Okay."

The boy in the recording room nodded as a signal for the producer to start the instrumental, and as soon as it did, he started the rap. Heejung glanced at Jiyoon who was leaning against the table, and bobbed her brows in surprise at the tonality of the boy.

"He's got good sense," Heejung commented.

"Of course, he does. He's an idol."

Heejung tapped the space bar and the music halted just as his line finished. Holding down the button of the talkback microphone, she lifted her head to look at the younger male through the glass.

"Jeno-ya, could you soften it a bit at the end of every line? Like..." she demoed him.

"Ah, okay."

Then, they did it again, and this time, it was more satisfactory.

"This is good stuff. Okay, let's move on to the Chorus."

Jeno tried practicing it through the mic, his bass tone literally vibrating the speakers, causing Heejung to be surprised.

"This guy's voice is so deep." The boy chuckled, his eyes creating a crescent form. "You better not hit undergound." Everyone in the room shared a chuckle.

"Let's try that again," Heejung announced, and Jeno readied himself before the music starts again.

Jeno's recording soon ended, and though they aren't finalized yet, he was dismissed early. But he stayed in the room to wait for his other members.

Whilst Heejung stacked the freshly recorded vocals, chatter flew through the air as more people came in the studio.

"Jaemin's still not around?" She inquired, eyes fixated on the screen as she continued hovering the mouse.

"He might've overslept again." One of the members answered in a low volume which the producer clearly heard.

"Okay. Renjun, you go first."

"Yes, ma'am."

The petite lad stepped inside and began vocalizing through the condenser, making Heejung subconsciously look up when he sang a few runs.

"Wow, you're good. Your tension's nice today, Renjun."

The boy bashfully giggled as he thanked her. "Noona, I'm a little confused at my part in..."

Time flew by swiftly as the tracks continue to build in numbers. Thankfully, Heejung finished three members then called it a day. Good thing Jiyoon was there to help her out with the projection of the words, and the boys were very quick to catch on.

"Thank you for today." Renjun bowed multiple times as he came out of the recording room.

"Thanks to you too!"

"Hyung, the food you ordered already came." The youngest boy informed, peeking by the door. Renjun immediately faced the two older girls and smiled.

"Let's go eat, PD-nim."

Jiyoon's eyes enlarged, twinkling at the mention of food. "You bought food? Aigo, Renjun-a. Didn't know you have such a great sense too." She patted his back as she walked past Heejung who was still packing her stuff.

"I'll catch up with you guys."

Putting her laptop and other things inside her tote bag, Heejung didn't notice that someone stay behind. She wore the bag over her shoulder as she turned, finding the petite boy still standing with one leg loose, his phone in his hand typing away.

"Oh! Renjun. You're still here."

"Let's go together, Noona!" He beamed, contagious enough to have Heejung do the same.

"Aw, you didn't have to." She ruffled the back of his head, and swung her arm round his shoulder which wasn't that difficult as he was just a few inches taller than her.

"What did you order, hm?"

"BBQ Chicken." Her face stoned.

And that food by itself resulted in having her stomach churn in excitement and starvation, as her mouth watered, the roasted and beautifully marinated poultry making wonders in her mind.

"Then walk faster."

Renjun could only laugh at Heejung's firm orders, their feet busying in the process as per her instigation.

i'm sorry another boring chapter 😭🙏

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.6K 728 47
Saranghae Being a Kpop idol is hard as it is, but being a quiet girl going in, it's different. A new lifestyle is thrown at you, crazy friends, pack...
302K 4K 36
HI KPOPPERS ♥♥♥ Lot of EXO Imagines XD AND WITH EXO FACTS AT 13TH CHAPTERRRR. ENJOY!
139K 8.6K 22
where one night, soobin calls the suicide hotline hoping for some reassurance. what he wasn't expecting was for his ex boyfriend, yeonjun, to answer...
14.5K 974 28
"Don't look away." ⌨ Started Posting On: April 16, 2015 ⌨ Story Ended on: June 6, 2017