Whispers in the Dark (Project...

By AmberDickie

Special thanks to Mystro who helped me to make this AU in the first place! 20 people lost in the Snowy Tundra... More

Prologue
People and their Roles
Chapter 1- The First Campfire
Chapter 2- Supply Run
Chapter 3- Safe
Chapter 4- Patience Comes at a Cost
Chapter 5- Preparing
Chapter 6- The Night Before
Chapter 7- Howls in the Dark
All Character Designs
Chapter 8- Nightmares
All Project Winter Art so Far
Chapter 9- Bloodshed and Poison
Chapter 10- Burial
Chapter 11- A Walk in the Snow
Chapter 12- All in Due Time
Chapter 13- Ghostly Arguments
Chapter 14- Candle Light
Chapter 15- Buried in Snow
Chapter 17- Questions and Answers
Chapter 18- The Mystery Arrival
Chapter 19- A Chilly Demise
Chapter 20- The Search
Chapter 21- The Dark of Night
Chapter 22- Lies and Consequences
Chapter 23- The Armory
Chapter 24- Dancing Under the Stars
Chapter 25- Gunshots
Chapter 26- Deep Cuts
Chapter 27- Waking Up
Chapter 28- Sadness
Chapter 29- Avalanche
Chapter 30- Arguments
Chapter 31- Trapped Target
Chapter 32- Darkness and Spirits
Chapter 33- Sleepless
Chapter 34- The Fall
Chapter 35- Promises
Chapter 36- Broken Voice
Chapter 37- Fed to the Wolves
Chapter 38- Nobody is Safe
Chapter 39- Practice makes Perfect
Chapter 40- Decisions to be Made
Chapter 41- Crossing Paths
Chapter 42- Healers Boost
Chapter 43- Cabin Check
Chapter 44- Arrangements
Chapter 45- Secret Underground Plans
Chapter 46- The Mystery Cabins
Update
Chapter 47- Spiritual Madness
Chapter 48- Lizzie's Return
Chapter 49- Northern Lights
Chapter 50- Death Trap

Chapter 16- Closeted Rage

39 1 0
By AmberDickie

Scott's POV *50 minutes later*

Waves of anger flowed through me as Shelby lay curled up against me, wrapped in 2 winter coats and her bed cover, still shivering. She was very out of it. I could see the exhaustion all over her face. Who knows how long Shelby was buried for... it could have been hours for all I know.

Shelby seems to nuzzle her face against my chest a little, but I could tell how weak she was. I could tell she was warming up though, thanks to the three layers around her, but she was so exhausted, and I could see it.

"S...Scott..." she mumbles, struggling to speak as she was getting sleepier, and very much still shivering a bit.

"Shhhhh..." I say softly, "Don't speak, Snowflake... get some rest... I'll keep you safe... I promise".

"S-Scott... you s-should take your... coat back..." she struggles out. I shake my head, "No, you need it more than me, Shelby. I'll be fine... don't worry. Snow doesn't bother me" I tell her.

She tries to speak again, but gives up quickly afterwards and closes her eyes, snuggling more against me, and soon enough, she falls asleep as I feel her hands lightly tighten on my shirt. A way that I recognise as her not wanting me to leave.

Don't worry Shelby... I'll never leave you... but for now, I have two idiots to deal with...

Gently, I lay Shelby down, and make sure she's all cosy, before heading outside to find the two survivors who decided to play the traitor card. You'd really think that they'd know better than to mess with Shelby. Apparently not.

I head over to my cabin to grab a dagger that I had made the other day. May come in handy, you never know.

And by the way today has gone, my next targets may be fWhip and Oli, once i'm done with Sausage...

But we'll see...

I take a deep breath as I walk towards the campfire, where I see Tay and Kara scolding fWhip and Oli. I could feel every muscle in my body tremble as I got closer, anger flowing through me with every step I took.

"What in your right mind, made you two think that leaving Shelby under 8 feet of snow, was ever okay?!" Tay yells, tapping her knee in frustration.

"We were going to go back for her! It was just supposed to be a prank!" Oli says.

"Yeah, we weren't going to leave her there forever!" fWhip says.

"A prank!?" I yell as I get closer, tightening the grip on my dagger, "You think, leaving my Snowflake, in the snow, alone, for god knows how freaking long, is a fucking prank!?" I continue.

"Scott, put the knife down, there's no need for violence at the moment" Kara says softly, trying to calm me down.

"No!" I lash out, flashing my eyes full of anger at her, "Shelby could have froze to death under that snow! You all saw how much she was shaking when I got her back here!" I continue.

"Scott" Tay follows up, "Let us handle this, okay? Go see Shelby, you're shaking as well, you need to get warmed up".

I roll my eyes and grab fWhip and Oli by their hoods, dragging them off of the logs and throwing them into the snow behind me. They land with a thud, and I turn around, anger in every movement.

"If I were the traitor, you'd both be dead where you stand. But looking at you two, would make me think that you two are the traitors, if it weren't for your symbols being visible, and clearly blue. You two are crossing a line that you don't want to cross. You mess with Shelby again, and I swear to god, you'll live to regret it!" I yell, grinning darkly, "I will haunt you for the rest of your days, dead or alive. I will make sure you go to hell! I will snap those necks of yours!" I continue.

"Alright, Scott. That's enough!" Tay says, grabbing me and pulling me away from them, as with every word, I was stepping closer to fWhip and Oli, "Go and be with Shelby. She needs you right now. Kara and I will deal with these two, just, go get some rest" she says, trying to calm me down again.

I take in a deep breath and pull myself from Tay's grasp, side-eyeing her with a look that said that I was pissed off, before walking back to Shelby's cabin, clenching my fists.

Walking into Shelby's cabin, I could see that, in her sleep, she had unraveled my coat and blanket, so she was shaking a lot more. I close the door and head over, quickly wrapping her in them again and laying down beside her, pulling her to me and stroking her hair gently, after setting my dagger down on her nightstand.

I take deep breaths carefully, it being shaky both from cold, and from my closeted rage. I feel her shift slightly, and when I look, I see her golden eyes open slowly. "Shelby?" I ask softly.

She doesn't answer, she just snuggles up to me a little more, taking shaky breaths. I could see a couple tears building up in her eyes.

I slowly sit up, bringing her with me. She looks up at me with her beautiful eyes before burying her face into my shoulder.

"Shhhhh...." I tell her softly, "It's okay, Snowflake... you'll feel better in the morning, i'll make sure of it".

She nods slowly, putting her arms around me as she does. I soothingly continue to stroke her hair, letting her know that i'll keep her safe.

Why of all people did fWhip and Oli decide to do this to Shelby? What did Shelby ever do to them? Nothing! Shelby would never hurt anybody...

At least... not until she's converted. Oh, I can't wait to see the looks on our victims faces when they see Shelby killing them...

I wonder though... will I be prepared for when that moment arrives? I have no idea how long this is going to take before Shelby will be fully converted. She trusts me, that's the main thing. I don't mind how long it takes, as long as she's okay, that's all I care about.

"S-Scott..." Shelby mumbles.

"Hm?" I mumble.

"...Do you think we'll ever find out who killed Meghan and Jimmy...?" she asks.

I go silent for a moment, "Possibly but... I don't know, it could be anybody really...".

She nods slowly, "Yeah... but I know it's not you... you'd never hurt somebody..." she mumbles into my shoulder.

I couldn't help but grin darkly in that moment, but I force myself not to giggle. "I'm glad you know that Shelby... I'm glad you trust me" I say softly.

She giggles a little, and then removes her face from my shoulder, a smile still on her lips as she looks up at me. I smile back and help her to keep the cover and my coat around her as she snuggles up again and closes her eyes. She was shivering less, which was a good sign, but I could tell she's going to be like this for a while.

Hopefully she'll be much better in the morning though.

It soon goes quiet again as Shelby's light breaths fill the room. I had been so focused on Shelby that I hadn't really taken into account that I was still shaking too. I don't want to take back my coat though. Shelby needs it more than I do. She was the one burried in snow afterall.

I jump slightly when I hear Shelby let out a small hiccup. She's probably getting another cold. I'm not surprised though. It's understandable.

Suddenly, there's a light knock on the door of Shelby's cabin. Looking over, I see Elaina peering in with a worried look.

"Hey Scott" she greets quietly as to not disturb Shelby, "How is she? And you?".

I nod slowly, "She's fine. I'm making sure of it" I tell her, pulling Shelby closer to me. Elaina nods, "And what about you?".

I shrug, "I'm fine, definitely not angry..." I grumble.

Elaina nods, "I understand. Tay and Kara have told fWhip and Oli to stay away from you two for a while, if that helps" she says.

"As long as they stay away from Shelby..." I tell her.

She smiles a little, "I'm sure it'll be fine. Although, you should probably put something around you to keep you warm" she says with a worried look.

She thinks for a second, "I'll go get your blanket from your cabin. You need something".

Before I can even reply, she is already away and heading towards my cabin. I huff slightly. It's another layer to wrap around Shelby, that's the main thing. Even though Elaina is bringing it for me, it's going to Shelby. She needs it more.

When Elaina comes back a few minutes later with my blanket, she comes over and tries to put it around me, but I take it from her and begin putting it around Shelby. "Scott..." Elaina huffs lightly.

I side eye her while continuing to wrap Shelby up, before beginning to stroke her brown hair again. Elaina's green eyes look between Shelby and I breifly, before looking at me again.

"Why can't you see that you need to stay warm too?" she says softly, as to not disturb Shelby.

"Need I remind you that Shelby was the one buried in snow?" I say with a raised eyebrow.

She nods slowly, "Yes, but... you're shaking too" she says, clearly worried.

I scoff lightly, bringing Shelby closer to me. "I'll be fine, as long as Shelby is fine... now go, and make sure nobody disturbs us" I tell her.

She takes a deep breath, moving her hair to sit nicely around her horns, "Fine... just... try and get some sleep" she says, before turning on her heels and walking out, closing the cabin door behind her.

It goes silent again. Looking down at Shelby whose head was rested on my chest, I could see colour beginning to return to her pale face, as before, since she was so cold, her skin was a lot paler than normal. Seeing colour return to her skin, it put a smile on my face. I place a small kiss on her forehead and slowly lay down, bringing Shelby with me again, and drifting off to sleep with my mind filled with a closeted rage that wouldn't stop until I get my revenge...

----------------------------------------

Scott really do be putting his needs aside so that Shelby will be okay. If that's not true friendship, then I don't know what is. 

We're counting down the chapters until Scott goes and murders Sausage. Probably sometime within the next few chapters.

-Amber/Shiloh

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

85K 3.2K 20
Jaren and John are as close as two people can be. That is, until John gets a girlfriend and starts to distance himself from Jaren, who realises he do...
Spear Forest By J.A.Y.E

Mystery / Thriller

174 32 17
In a small town an indigenous family is set up , chastised and chased out of the Only home they ever knew, their only escape was a forest that divide...
711 137 30
!I no longer support Wilbur! !!!DO NOT STEAL!!! You are a lost child wondering unknown woods, unable to find shelter and food, you pass on, now a gho...
469K 17.1K 103
"You will be glorious. You will be my glory." Y/N's life was quiet before that day. What day? The day a giant snake tried to kill him. Then it became...